3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-13, 13:36   Link #1101
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Shall we rename this thread after the British Stage-Play "An Anthem To Chess"

That is what a supposed "Episode 9" thread has turned into, after all.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 13:36   Link #1102
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Lelouch was testing how long the effect would last, he was expecting it to last long, but I guess not this long
Ironically, had Carve-tan stopped her Geass after, say, two months, Lulu would probably consider the possibility of putting people under his mind-command directly through the "obey" command. The possibility that people could be freed after a time period would make Lulu more inclined to geass people into following him.

Once again though, it would give Lulu too easy a time. It is directly described by Sunrise that Lulu's Geass limits were there for no other reason than to make the script-writer's job harder. This show might be called "Code Geass", but Lulu would be much more shallow a character if his rebellion consists of nothing but mind-control.
Old 2008-06-13, 17:35   Link #1103
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
After rewatching EP 9 again i've come across a plot inconsistency. Lulu played the game of chess against Schenziel to get Suzaku out of the way so he could geass everyone right?
No, that was not his goal.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:18   Link #1104
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
No, that was not his goal.
Yes, It was.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:29   Link #1105
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Yes, It was.
No, it wasn't. Tell me if there was any mention of it being his goal.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:36   Link #1106
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

スザクさえいなくなればここにいる全員にギアスをかけられる。

Important: 全員にギアスをかけられる
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:40   Link #1107
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post

Important: 全員にギアス
All I read was Suzaku and Geass. English, yes?
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:41   Link #1108
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:

Important: 全員にギアス
"Geass everyone", yes - but he also says "If Suzaku isn't here", which seems to imply that this plan was one he made on the spot, not one he made beforehand... I could be wrong though
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:42   Link #1109
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

...okay.

Suzaku not here if become, to this place VERB OF ANIMATE EXISTENCE, to all people, geass use.

^_^

Edit: Yes I think he bs'ed this on the spot. He had to find alternatives since Schneizel played the "Odysseus be useful" card 2sec before hand.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:57   Link #1110
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

Important: 全員にギアスをかけられる
Was this the thought process of Lelouch in the episode? Don't have access to it atm.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:04   Link #1111
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

- At the start, Lelouch has some plan to do something and take over ChinaLand.
- However, Kaguya announces, "Dude she's getting married etc" and Lelouch remarks to himself that he planned to control the Tianzi.
- He decides that someone else besides Odysseus, despite him being the groom, thought of this stuff.
- At the party, he challenges Schneizel to chess, then remarks to himself that line I copy/pasted.
- However, he fails the chess idea plus Nina lawl.
- Holding loli at gunpoint = 3rd Plan, seemingly.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:14   Link #1112
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
- At the party, he challenges Schneizel to chess, then remarks to himself that line I copy/pasted.
Seems like I missed that part, perhaps.

I'll look at it again, for my memory seems to tell me that it's just Lelouch considering the reason why Suzaku was so hostile.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:52   Link #1113
KrimzonStriker

Nah, it was basically the what they said, because Suzaku was immune to Geass he would have prevented Lelouch from making real use of it in order to fulfill his first plan before the wedding (whatever it was) of making use of Tianzi in order to take over the Chines Federation, at the same time it would likely have revealed his identity which would be bad news for Rolo and Ashford, so now he has been reduced to holding her hostage at gun point in order to do... something, which I have no real clue as to what except it secretly and possibly involving those ruins V.V is at with Jeremiah >_>
Old 2008-06-14, 04:53   Link #1114
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Did you not read what i said earlier. Suzaku had left the Wedding Ceremony with Cecile(probably heading to the Avalon for the Lancelot). Therefore he is in the position that he wanted last night at the reception being able to geass everyone without Suzaku being any the wiser.

Look at Gohai. Whatever geass he put on him made him believe Zero would bring him happiness and it was wrong to use him making him completely loyal. Why wouldn't he just place that same geass on the rest of the Eunnch's, Xing Ke, Tian Zi, Anya and Gino while ordering Schenziel, Oddesysus and Kannon to kill themselves? This prevents more infighting among the CF potentially weakening it, making all the top people of th Cf his allies, gaining 2 aces and making the CF go to war with Britannia.

I like cliffhangers but i don't like it when they dismiss a completely logical action that results in absolutely massive gains with no risks for either Zero or the OotBK for dramatic reasons. To me if he had done that fair enough it would've been anti-climatic but hilarious in the sense that Schenziel strategy got completely crapped upon further reinforcing Lulu resourcefulness and Genius.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 06:13   Link #1115
Slighted

Good episode. However, wasn't Schneizel's king move illegal? What the heck.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 06:24   Link #1116
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Look at Gohai. Whatever geass he put on him made him believe Zero would bring him happiness and it was wrong to use him making him completely loyal. Why wouldn't he just place that same geass on the rest of the Eunnch's, Xing Ke, Tian Zi, Anya and Gino while ordering Schenziel, Oddesysus and Kannon to kill themselves?
Um... He needs Schenizel alive. he needs to ask him if he knows anything about his mother's murder.

Also, I think that defeats the apparent rivalry Lelouch seems to have with Schenizel. He has, after all, never beaten him. Since Lelouch has an outragiously large ego, he would never do that without first beating him in some way.

As for the King move, I think it depends on how you play. Apparently there is a way that the rule is legal in Chess. Though don't quote me on that.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 08:06   Link #1117
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Did you not read what i said earlier. Suzaku had left the Wedding Ceremony with Cecile(probably heading to the Avalon for the Lancelot). Therefore he is in the position that he wanted last night at the reception being able to geass everyone without Suzaku being any the wiser.

Look at Gohai. Whatever geass he put on him made him believe Zero would bring him happiness and it was wrong to use him making him completely loyal. Why wouldn't he just place that same geass on the rest of the Eunnch's, Xing Ke, Tian Zi, Anya and Gino while ordering Schenziel, Oddesysus and Kannon to kill themselves? This prevents more infighting among the CF potentially weakening it, making all the top people of th Cf his allies, gaining 2 aces and making the CF go to war with Britannia.

I like cliffhangers but i don't like it when they dismiss a completely logical action that results in absolutely massive gains with no risks for either Zero or the OotBK for dramatic reasons. To me if he had done that fair enough it would've been anti-climatic but hilarious in the sense that Schenziel strategy got completely crapped upon further reinforcing Lulu resourcefulness and Genius.
I think that's only if you assume Suzaku isn't coming back. For all you know, he could just be going to collect Lancelot.

Suzaku knows about Geass, remember? Imagine if he comes back and sees everyone acting strangely. He will conclude that Zero must have Geassed them, therefore this Zero has the same Geass that Lelouch had, and then "Lelouch, could he be Zero after all?!.....Seven per cent."
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 09:04   Link #1118
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I think that's only if you assume Suzaku isn't coming back. For all you know, he could just be going to collect Lancelot.

Suzaku knows about Geass, remember? Imagine if he comes back and sees everyone acting strangely. He will conclude that Zero must have Geassed them, therefore this Zero has the same Geass that Lelouch had, and then "Lelouch, could he be Zero after all?!.....Seven per cent."
so? lelouch has 2 KOTR who are better and have better KMFs then him not forgetting kallen.. he wouldn't be a threat. he would just be an ant in his way.

BUT.

lelouch wouldn't kill him. he needs him to protect nunnally.. hmm..
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 09:16   Link #1119
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Quote of the day

But yeah, I did notice Suzaku leaving the room, I just figured he was going to get the Lancelot to end this "Hostage taking"
Old 2008-06-14, 09:36   Link #1120
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

This episode confirmed to me that I am horribly, horribly gay for Schneizel.

That is all.
Formely_anon is offline   Reply With Quote