AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-02, 01:35   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yeah. I just found this manga today and enjoyed the scanlations and a raw chapter I found. As a scene in the final episode of KimiAru attests, spittle is sexy. A little too much repetitive frustration, as usual, but interesting, well told, and inventive, and with likeable characters.

The mangaka, Ueshiba Riichi 植芝理一, also did Yume Tsukai, which you can see in the dream scenes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-02 at 02:00.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 02:04   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Read 13-15, still quite a fun manga to read!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 03:04   Link #23
Dingo
The polyphony

One of my favorite currently running mangas can't wait till they finish vol 3!

Everything about MGX is so different, also so good.I also love the dream scenes, they appear throughout Riichi's works.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 16:16   Link #24
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Great to see a new batch of chapters appearing all at once!

No wait, it's not so great because that means there’ll be a long pause until the next volume is released!

It's odd, on the one hand you could say their relationship is not really progressing, but on the other hand it feels like new ground continues to be broken in each chapter. It's like Zeno's paradox, to progress to the next stage of the relationship (e.g. kissing) they first have to progress half way. But to get half way there they must first get a quarter way there. And to get a quarter of the way there they must first get an eighth of the way. And so on, so in the end all progress is in infinitessimally small steps.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 07:43   Link #25
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

even though in reality it is in very minute steps, riichi's portrayal of those steps looks like it counts every step of the way. this is a masterpiece....i mean, how did i get hooked on a manga which was based on saliva?!?!
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 14:53   Link #26
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
even though in reality it is in very minute steps, riichi's portrayal of those steps looks like it counts every step of the way. this is a masterpiece....i mean, how did i get hooked on a manga which was based on saliva?!?!
Answer I came up with: the world works in mysterious ways.

Something that's been on my mind for sometime. How does Urabe know so much about (her?) saliva and what she can do with it? I mean, is it genetic (like her mother can do the same), or is it something else?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 22:26   Link #27
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i dont think it will be explained in the series.. some things are better left vague.. explaining it elaborately in the manga would just ruin the mysterious feel to it.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 00:54   Link #28
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I finally got a chance to read chapters 14-16, man I this series . At first, I thought it was kinda mysterious how Oka acted at certain times, so as I was reading chap 15, i was surprised how outgoing Oka really was, since the first couple of chapters after she was introduced, I thought she would be more like Urabe.

I'm hoping Oka will do more nonchalant stuff with Tsubaki as I find that kinda stuff interesting.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 12:42   Link #29
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out her mom or dad are the same. It would explain why to a degree, but still leave the mystery it has intact.

Like Supha Em i doubt we'll ever get a detailed explanation since it's not really relevant to the story. We aren't so much as interested in why it happens, but in how their relationship revolves around it..

I loved the chapter where she wears her bikini to cure him of his cold but is to embaressed to show him hehe
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 10:08   Link #30
ellifeedn
Thinker

Read chapter 17 and had to say, that monopoly thing made me .

Also, I'm getting vibes from Oka that she's bi .
Old 2008-06-01, 10:23   Link #31
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I hope she is. I'm itching for some yuri.

I thought the monopoly thing was a bit awkward.

I have a hard time reading Urabe's thought. Sometimes I just cant understand what she is thinking or how she is feeling. Sometimes I guess the complete opposite of what she is thinking. This is one of the unpredictable romance manga =/.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 15:40   Link #32
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

What an intriguing, mysterious girl.

This one keeps going as strong as ever. And yes, Oka seems curiously bi to me in this chapter.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 15:46   Link #33
ZODDGUTS

She seem bi since the first chapter with Urabe because she was rather interested in Urabe a little too much.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 16:27   Link #34
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
I am asking myself the same thing every time I enjoy another scanlated chapter. It's just refreshing different
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 04:26   Link #35
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
ahh possibility of a threesome! yay!

it makes me wonder what would happen when they trade other "bodily fluid" at the next step of the relationship.

full mind read?!

lol.

every women's dream i suppose....
Old 2008-06-02, 06:07   Link #36
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
ahh possibility of a threesome! yay!

it makes me wonder what would happen when they trade other "bodily fluid" at the next step of the relationship.

full mind read?!

lol.

every women's dream i suppose....
Maybe there are things they don't wanna know about us so vote against [x]
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 13:29   Link #37
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

ISTM that on the inside, Mikoto is quite conventional and straightforward in her romantic feelings, it's just that they find expression in unusual ways. Perhaps by using strange and exotic behaviour she feels able to express feelings that she'd otherwise be too shy to communicate. Essentially she's turned a fairly normal boy-girl situation into an exotic fantasy (and who wouldn't want that in a girl!).

As for other bodily fluids, there was a chapter some time ago where she stood naked before him in that disused building whilst he had his eyes closed, I did wonder at the time exactly which bodily fluids she was giving him on that occasion.. ^_^;;;

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 17:24   Link #38
ellifeedn
Thinker

^He did taste her sweat, though she licked her arm before he did.
Old 2008-06-27, 19:20   Link #39
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
This manga is very unique. Urabe is very unpredictable, no one can really figure her out. Indeed its best to leave the minds of men to themselves. A lot is going on up here you woman may not want to now =P
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 23:01   Link #40
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by LustfulEnvy View Post
Indeed its best to leave the minds of men to themselves. A lot is going on up here you woman may not want to now =P
You're saying it as if you are generalizing that all men think nothing but of sex .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen