AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 21 30.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 19.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 18:49   Link #21
Mirakuru

I was also surprised by the final scene, as it jumped such a large gap in the manga. o_o;; But I also believe that the anime will cover all of the events in between that occured in the manga -- I think it was just Studio DEEN's way of creating a cliffhanger and a memorable last impression. =P I really hope season 2 includes the chapter about their childhoods, because that is one of my favorite parts of the manga. >.<; But anyways, I'm very excited about seeing future events become animated in the next season~ =]

@ ApostleOfGod ~ Niiice observation. xD I would say more, but perhaps I've said enough already~ =X
Old 2008-07-01, 21:13   Link #22
FuzzyWuzzy

Yaoi moment!!!!!

Blah, stupid zero didn't drink Shizuka's blood. He needed to hurry but he had to talk to Yuuki for some emo moments. Good thing Kaname is there for the rescue. But I guess it was a plot device so Zero gets the blood of two purebloods. We all knew and expect episode 13 will be a cliff hanger but dang that was nice cliff hanger. Makes me want to read the manga.

I don't know know which one is best for Yuuki- Zero or Kaname. Kaname is definitely suffering but so is Zero. The only problem is that Yuuki doesn't see Kaname suffering. She has a crush on Kaname since she was little so it's obvious that she sees him as somewhat invincible. Kaname and Yuuki needs some moments.

This is definitely one of those stories and pairing where I don't mind if Yuuki ends up with Kaname or Zero.

i wonder what kind of power Kaname gets from Shizuka. I wonder what kind of power Zero gets from Kaname. This needs a game where we can pick either kaname or Zero as the main character and they have to crush through some level E's Diablo III style.

Anyway, those other night class vampires needs to know their place. They are sub characters and yet they don't know it. They act all mighty but guess what? A human turning to a level E bit a pure blood and they can't do crap about it.

Next series, I'll probably see Zero in a night class outfit. Two thumbs up. The dark colors do not fit him well since he is already too intimidating.
Old 2008-07-01, 21:57   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's exciting to see strong opinions here on both sides. I'm a manga reader who likes Kaname and liked the ending. I think the important bits of what was "skipped over" will come back in season two. I'm okay with the anime making changes from the manga.

As I see it, Kaname feels he needs Zero to protect Yuuki, so he is willing to give him blood to keep him alive. Whether that blood will just keep him alive or will prevent him from becoming level E, I don't know.

I loved the way Kaname distracted the hunters and then just appeared in the cell. What powers do purebloods have?

The manga is very strong, for me, so go ahead and read it. It is scanlated up to date on onemanga.com. But be prepared to find out things that will lessen the impact of season two, if you do.

And thanks, manga readers, for scrupulously keeping the manga's secrets.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-07-01, 22:35   Link #24
FuzzyWuzzy

I'll pass... I'll wait for the anime.
Old 2008-07-01, 22:47   Link #25
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I'll pass... I'll wait for the anime.
Lol. Rather wait 3 months instead of reading, which "should" only take up a week or so?
Old 2008-07-01, 22:49   Link #26
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

This episode kinda made me feel bad for Shizuka and all for her servant/lover? getting killed
Old 2008-07-01, 22:51   Link #27
Cyz
"Show it to me"

1st season ended! Though I was hoping first season will end around 24 to 26 eps.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-07-02, 05:10   Link #28
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I couldn't help to feel but disappointed by this episode. While I have read the manga, it's also true that I've forgotten much of the details in it, only remembering the general outlook of things... but even so, I think this episode lacked impact, especially being the last episode of the season.

And while I prefered how the Zero-goes-nom-nom-on-Kaname scene was handled in the manga, I also must admit it was the most powerful scene in the episode, even moreso when Kaname says he's not doing it for Zero's sake.

But overall... Meh.
Old 2008-07-02, 05:34   Link #29
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

i gotta say ending was good only.. its making me want to watch
season 2 more!!
Old 2008-07-02, 17:06   Link #30
SkoolRumble4Ya

What a good episode. Who would've thought Zero would be saved by Kaname. I wonder what's Kaname plan about Yuki and who is the the one that ruin the pure blood destiny. Gotta wait for season 2 in the fall.

Was Kaname trying to set Zero up about killing Shizuka or were they talking about something else?
Old 2008-07-02, 18:25   Link #31
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Good Knight?

Interesting episode, not the best finale, but for a Shojo series it wasn't the worst either. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but once again that seems to be a positive thing as many of the manga fans have expressed distaste having been exposed to the true canon.

For the first we get a sneak peek at the real Kaname, who's power driven personality has been hinted at several times throughout the series but untill now was only lurking.
Old 2008-07-03, 01:55   Link #32
Procris

I don't read the manga... but that's probably why i found the episode good overall. The flash backs were kind of boring but they did provide some good back story on Shizuka although her character i don't think was properly developed during the anime.

I really like Kaname as a character much more than Zero. Kaname is so mysterious. What are his goals exactly? Though the last episode is giving me a horrible feeling that they are starting to portray him as a "bad guy".

I should probably go read the manga >.> hehe but i might find out things that i might not like.
Old 2008-07-03, 02:41   Link #33
Asleep

I knew Kaname would give Zero his blood! When he drank Shizuka's blood before, I knew it was ok that she died because he had her blood in him.

I really liked Aidou too. I wondered if he would do something. He looked like he had lost some respect for Kaname.

So does drinking a (or rather 2) pureblood's blood make Zero a pureblood? Or is he just a normal vampire?

It wasn't a great finale but it was quite good. Now 3 more months...
Old 2008-07-03, 06:49   Link #34
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ended exactly where i thought it would even though several parts of the manga were skipped season 1 was very solid except for the ups and downs with the animation that usually involved character faces but it didnt distract me too much.

Im sure many people were like WTF when Zero took Kanames blood. In manga the way Kaname spoke to him was cruel but seeing in motion made it that much more sad. There are so many more surprises to come and im sure there are a lot of questions rolling around the non manga readers minds. Next season will be a rollarcoaster. We will learn Kaname true objective who the real enemy is and many many other secrets that will make you

Ichiru annoyed till the very end its amazing that he managed to annoy me a thousand fold more in the anime than in the manga. But he serves his purpose and his role is not over yet. In contrast Shizuka was done so well i thought my eyes were going to bleed. Her graceful and elegant traditional Japanese appearance combined with her playfulness and sometimes her mad like brutality made for one of the best yet short lived characters in the series. Her talk with Ichiru at the end was very meaningful even though the cry-baby couldnt understand it. I think Shizuka knew that her lovers death was not really the fault of Zero's parents death they were only following orders. The real villian is the one who put his name on the list when he had not yet fallen to a level E. Because since Shizuka was in love with him, she would have given him her blood to keep that from happening so someone wanted him gone.. But in her rage she killed Ichiriu and Zero family. The problem now is the Vampire council and who they are going to pin Shizuka's death on and what actions they will take. They are most likely glad she is gone because she was dangerous but she was a PureBlood and it can not go unpunished.

I still love the creeping ending it goes right along with the OP from the first Higurashi.

cant wait for season 2.

Asleep the answer to your question is no he is still just a normal vampire. Purebloods are vampires born at the top of hierarchy. I could tell you what makes them Purebloods but its a spoiler if you want to know PM and i will tell you. Btw even if Kaname had not drank Shizkua's blood his blood would still have saved Zero since Kaname is a Pureblood as well. What he got was Shizuka's power and a massive boost to his own Vampire Powers and he removed a rival.
Old 2008-07-03, 06:54   Link #35
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
So does drinking a (or rather 2) pureblood's blood make Zero a pureblood? Or is he just a normal vampire?
I wouldn't call him "normal", but I wouldn't say he's a pureblood either. Purebloods are so rare for a reason, if there was a way to "artificially" make them, I'm sure we'd see more of them around.

Still, Zero's the dominating twin of a prominent Vampire Hunter family, so as a human, he was already out of the ordinary. Then he became a vampire... and then he drank a (two) pureblood's blood.

Even vampire nobles want a sip of pureblood's blood, but they can't get it. So imagine what Zero can/will turn into. Mmm....
Old 2008-07-03, 11:42   Link #36
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

They killed her…. =*(
Bastards!!!

I supposed some comfort can be taken as the least Kaname is the one to take her life.

She was just misunderstood!

=*(
Old 2008-07-04, 03:28   Link #37
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

i gotta say they did a very good job on the animation!
~Thumbs Up
And i like Ichiru's Shouts! so strong feeling of hatred
the last ep makes me lust for Season 2 more and more!!
Old 2008-07-04, 12:06   Link #38
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
The anime passed the point in the manga that I stopped reading at a long time ago, but I did view the whole Kaname and Zero blood thing (because of the shounen-ai). I've been waiting for that scene all season long, and I'm glad it was there!

And... I really don't know what's going to happen to Zero. I think he was supposed to drink Shizuka's blood to stop from being a level E, but when he drank Kaname's blood, which was mingled with Shizuka's blood... What happens then? He's still getting Shizuka's blood, right?

Kaname said it would stop him from descending into madness, but is it temporary or permanent?
Old 2008-07-04, 15:59   Link #39
Mirakuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei Hojo View Post
The anime passed the point in the manga that I stopped reading at a long time ago, but I did view the whole Kaname and Zero blood thing (because of the shounen-ai). I've been waiting for that scene all season long, and I'm glad it was there!

And... I really don't know what's going to happen to Zero. I think he was supposed to drink Shizuka's blood to stop from being a level E, but when he drank Kaname's blood, which was mingled with Shizuka's blood... What happens then? He's still getting Shizuka's blood, right?

Kaname said it would stop him from descending into madness, but is it temporary or permanent?
He will stop short of becoming a Level E, but certain things happen to him in the manga that.. do other things. o_o;; I'm sorry I can't really elaborate, because if I say anymore I will totally be spoiling the manga for you. =/ But there's quite a bit in store for Zero come season 2. ^^;;

Now that I think about it, the seasons seem 'split up' in terms of plotlines. Like this season focused mainly on Zero, his struggles, and how his past comes back to haunt him. S2 seems to switch gears towards Kaname, and how he must deal with the problems his past is now causing for him. =O Even though both seasons have development for both characters.. it's almost like a [sorta] POV switch~
Old 2008-07-04, 19:03   Link #40
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

That was a pretty good episode, but an absolutely evil place for it to choose to have its mid-season break. Overall, I quite liked this show, but it was a bit up-and-down.

Hey, Shoku-dan. You might want to recheck the timing of the ED. The lyrics changed.
Closed Thread