AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 03:18   Link #1681
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

I also would like to see Raki against Dauf.

But if Raki is human, won't it be an impossible task?
Old 2008-07-23, 03:29   Link #1682
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
I also would like to see Raki against Dauf.

But if Raki is human, won't it be an impossible task?
Not really due to several factors

- Priscilla
- Duphs stupidity
- Raki's intelligent

If Raki could form a strategy (like Duph getting stuck again) , it could indeed be possible

Technically the only opponent for Duph is Raki due to his clearly outclassed (and for plot reasons wouldn't make sense to have any other character kill him off) by everyone else since now number #2's are a cinch for the ghosts.
Old 2008-07-23, 03:38   Link #1683
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

All Raki's got to do is find a way to block/dodge duff's attacks and get through his armor... Well, neither is an easy feat to say the least. Actually they are pretty hard as Duff shoots his rods off really really fast... But anyway, Clare and Galatea both got hit by Duff's rods and they can sense them coming. He also put a rod right through another AB's head without the guy noticing until it was too late. So while Duff may hardly ever move, and never stand up straight in his awakened form, he does have a very very formidable attack. His armor is ridiculously strong as it takes an incredible attack, even from a claymore, to penetrate. But why not? I'd love to see Raki face off against a Claymore or AB and win.
Old 2008-07-23, 08:43   Link #1684
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
All Raki's got to do is find a way to block/dodge duff's attacks and get through his armor... Well, neither is an easy feat to say the least. Actually they are pretty hard as Duff shoots his rods off really really fast... But anyway, Clare and Galatea both got hit by Duff's rods and they can sense them coming. He also put a rod right through another AB's head without the guy noticing until it was too late. So while Duff may hardly ever move, and never stand up straight in his awakened form, he does have a very very formidable attack. His armor is ridiculously strong as it takes an incredible attack, even from a claymore, to penetrate. But why not? I'd love to see Raki face off against a Claymore or AB and win.
Yea @chiba, the guy is pretty tough. Anyone who goes against him had better have there eyes and ears open at all times. But I don't think even that would be enough.
Old 2008-07-23, 08:54   Link #1685
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
If Raki manage to defeat Duff, he will be truly the Batman of the Claymore-verse.

And Duff will be reeeeally pissed if that happens. If i remember well, he thinks male humans are "not funny at all".
Old 2008-07-23, 09:14   Link #1686
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
If Raki manage to defeat Duff, he will be truly the Batman of the Claymore-verse.

And Duff will be reeeeally pissed if that happens. If i remember well, he thinks male humans are "not funny at all".
Well, i don't think he'll live after the fight to complain

Now Riful on the other hand will be one angry vengeful woman though, so Raki better have Priscilla kill Riful off too
Old 2008-07-23, 09:57   Link #1687
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Haha, regarding Raki vs Duph, it would probably start off with Raki being at a disadvantage. Then he would figure out a way to get through his armor (or figure out some other weakspot), and would come out the victor. I would also be cool if he defeated Duph by doing something that would normally be considered insane, but in this case ends up working perfectly. He's that kind of guy, y'know.

I don't really care how strong he is, I would like him either way. Though I have confidence in his strength.

But yeah, he would have to high-tail it outta there, Riful would be pissed.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by NobodyMan; 2008-07-23 at 10:10.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:06   Link #1688
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Raki vs. Duph? I'm not sure how to actually visualize this kind of battle. All I can say is that, even with Priscilla, Raki is pretty much at a serious disadvantage. He'll probably get pounded bad.

Duph, for all his clumsiness, high-handed emotions & bulk, did manage to outlast Galatea, Jean & Clare for several rounds. I doubt if Raki alone even can match up to Clare's level of skill. He lacks all the skills of that winning trio which helped them to paralyse Duph (e.g Yoki control, plus a Quicksword user, plus Jean's Drillsword).

Getting Priscilla to help would be cheating, wouldn't it?
Old 2008-07-23, 10:11   Link #1689
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
Raki vs. Duph? I'm not sure how to actually visualize this kind of battle. All I can say is that, even with Priscilla, Raki is pretty much at a serious disadvantage. He'll probably get pounded bad.

Duph, for all his clumsiness, high-handed emotions & bulk, did manage to outlast Galatea, Jean & Clare for several rounds. I doubt if Raki alone even can match up to Clare's level of skill. He lacks all the skills of that winning trio which helped them to paralyse Duph (e.g Yoki control, plus a Quicksword user, plus Jean's Drillsword).

Getting Priscilla to help would be cheating, wouldn't it?
Where theres a will theres a way, I can actually see this fight happening myself.

Raki needs an opponent which will let us see not only his strength but his tactics as well.

Raki wouldn't fight a Claymore , atleast i can't see it happening (their the "good guys" after all)

The only thing left is a named character who's an Awakened being. Raki wouldn't stand a chance against Isley, Priscilla or Riful. The only one left is Duph.

For plot reasons what would be the point of any other character killing off duph? We know the ghosts could do it easily (they tore apart a number #2) , we know Isley could do it (theres a reason Isley is #1 and Duph is #3) .

Yagi has always had character deaths be for plot reasons, whether it be the black card system, someones motive for revenge, revealing that a character got stronger the only one we really need to prove his strength now is Raki as we know all the others.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:15   Link #1690
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
heh, yes it would be cheating. That's why Raki won't use Priscilla, using her to fight tough battles would, in a way, basically take away everything he's learned from Isley, in vain.

True, the fight does seem really lop-sided, but in my opinion, Raki's gonna have to face off against some pretty (really) strong enemies, so why not have Duph be his first?

Well, whatever happens with Raki and his fights (if he has any more, which I think he will), I won't like him any less for it.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-23, 20:25   Link #1691
williamaugustus
*Author

i think that he is not having her fight not because it would be cheating but because she would have to release yoki to fight. then she would loss control and everything would fall apart.

of course that would mean that chances are that he is going to get it a situation where he requires her help, she will go insane, and the conversion of all the groups will occur. the wars will start and people will die. that is what this is leading to.
Old 2008-07-24, 02:31   Link #1692
Tayimus

It's funny cause E_K convinced of the probability of this fight on NarutoFan. Now I'm just itching to see it.

However, even though Raki is smart, he'll still need a fair bit of power to stand up to Dauf. Remember, Galatea used 70-80% of her Yoki and got thrashed for her efforts. How do you explain this one E_K?
Old 2008-07-24, 02:34   Link #1693
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayimus View Post
It's funny cause E_K convinced of the probability of this fight on NarutoFan. Now I'm just itching to see it.

However, even though Raki is smart, he'll still need a fair bit of power to stand up to Dauf. Remember, Galatea used 70-80% of her Yoki and got thrashed for her efforts. How do you explain this one E_K?
as i said, where there's a will theres a way. Yagi could figure out some loophole or something, i mean if Duph is stupid enough to get stuck once his stupid enough to get stuck again (and its a matter of getting behind him from there and hacking his head off).
Old 2008-07-24, 03:09   Link #1694
Tayimus

But how would Raki do that?

Don't get me wrong, I wanna see this fight. I'm just saying how would Raki win. Raki hasn't displayed the amount of power needed to do any real damage to Dauf. Even with knowing the weak spots in Dauf's armor, you need an absurdly strong attack in order to cut his head off. Could Raki have anything that would be on the level of "Drill Sword"? I dunno... Maybe he could use bombs or something to blow apart Dauf's outer shell...
Old 2008-07-24, 03:49   Link #1695
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I wanna see this fight. I'm just saying how would Raki win. Raki hasn't displayed the amount of power needed to do any real damage to Dauf. Even with knowing the weak spots in Dauf's armor, you need an absurdly strong attack in order to cut his head off. Could Raki have anything that would be on the level of "Drill Sword"? I dunno... Maybe he could use bombs or something to blow apart Dauf's outer shell...
we never said he would win, just fight long enough to be saved.
Old 2008-07-24, 03:58   Link #1696
evil_kenshin

Quote:

With Duph stupidity theres many ways

- internal attack (would his armor be as strong inside his body?) considering the way Duph keeps talking, thrusting a sword down his mouth is possible and should be plenty of damage, especially if duph is stuck he would be blabbering

- Cause Duph to do damage to himself (Somehow get him to hit himself/shoot himself with his rods)

Now a factor here is location as well

- Swamp (If Duph got stuck in a pit)

- Cave similar to last time

- Quicksand

This is all speculation, while im 100% sure Raki will be in another fight, i'm just saying Duph is most likely Raki's opponent.
Old 2008-07-24, 08:30   Link #1697
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
With Duph stupidity theres many ways

- internal attack (would his armor be as strong inside his body?) considering the way Duph keeps talking, thrusting a sword down his mouth is possible and should be plenty of damage, especially if duph is stuck he would be blabbering

- Cause Duph to do damage to himself (Somehow get him to hit himself/shoot himself with his rods)

Now a factor here is location as well

- Swamp (If Duph got stuck in a pit)

- Cave similar to last time

- Quicksand

This is all speculation, while im 100% sure Raki will be in another fight, i'm just saying Duph is most likely Raki's opponent.
So basically you want Duff to commit suicide with Raki present. He's stupid, sure, but not suicidal - the fact he's lived about 100 years is proof enough of that.

I just don't see this fight happening. It's too much of a mismatch with Duff being able to get stuck and take a small nap with Raki clonking away at him to no effect. At most I can see Raki blocking a single smaller attack from Duff (giving all of you an opporunity to swoon at how wonderful he is) giving Clare or someone else an opporunity to attack. There is no way he'll take on Duff by himself and win. Raki being able to beat Duff would make Clare's sacrifices and her fight with Rigaldo meaningless.
Old 2008-07-24, 08:39   Link #1698
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
So basically you want Duff to commit suicide with Raki present. He's stupid, sure, but not suicidal - the fact he's lived about 100 years is proof enough of that.

I just don't see this fight happening. It's too much of a mismatch with Duff being able to get stuck and take a small nap with Raki clonking away at him to no effect. At most I can see Raki blocking a single smaller attack from Duff (giving all of you an opporunity to swoon at how wonderful he is) giving Clare or someone else an opporunity to attack. There is no way he'll take on Duff by himself and win. Raki being able to beat Duff would make Clare's sacrifices and her fight with Rigaldo meaningless.
agreed, the only one who could pierce Duff's armor was Jean, not even Galatea, who is a Nš3 Claymore was strong enough to do it, and Raki is no even a Claymore, now he has technique and skill, but fighting against ABs requires raw power, and Raki does not have that
Old 2008-07-24, 09:06   Link #1699
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
But Raki has the strongest power of all under his control... Priscilla!!

And besides, there's no way he would learn what's hapenning to Renee and try to save her unless Priscilla sense her youki and tell Raki. He already proved to be still human and therefore unable to sense youki.

I doubt Raki would say something like "wait here Priscilla. I will fight that armored gigantic monster far stronger than me or any claymore i ever met all alone." Even if he did, i doubt Priscilla would let him go alone.

Besides, Clare, Galatea and Jean just beat Duff because he was stuck inside a cave. Now his movements are not limited anymore. Far more dangerous than before.

On the other hand, if Priscilla fight someone as strong as Duff and Riful, she will need to transform herself to her A.O. form. And if she do that, she can become even more hungry.
Old 2008-07-24, 09:20   Link #1700
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
But Raki has the strongest power of all under his control... Priscilla!!

And besides, there's no way he would learn what's hapenning to Renee and try to save her unless Priscilla sense her youki and tell Raki. He already proved to be still human and therefore unable to sense youki.

I doubt Raki would say something like "wait here Priscilla. I will fight that armored gigantic monster far stronger than me or any claymore i ever met all alone." Even if he did, i doubt Priscilla would let him go alone.

Besides, Clare, Galatea and Jean just beat Duff because he was stuck inside a cave. Now his movements are not limited anymore. Far more dangerous than before.

On the other hand, if Priscilla fight someone as strong as Duff and Riful, she will need to transform herself to her A.O. form. And if she do that, she can become even more hungry.
but then you would call that a battle between Priscila and Duff unless priscila was some kind of Raki's peripheral device
Closed Thread