Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-07-31, 22:02   Link #621
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
This site has a spanish version? The site seem to have an option for show the site in spanish...but is not supposed to be a japanese site?.
It's brand new. read some of the posts above. Nico now has a spanish, german, and taiwanese version.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:33   Link #622
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Haven't come across much new stuff myself, but the guy who did that awesome Auto-Mario Sequencer of the kumikyoku came up with one of that Idolmaster BGM most commonly known as てってってー, always used in those half-year/yearly ranking videos. It was short but pleasant.
It's in the weekly ranking videos too! I'm addicted to it Thanks!

てってってー てってってて

Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 10:15   Link #623
wao
OK.

Speaking of rankings they finally changed the default view to Weekly (and removed the rankings for new videos?! Nooo). They also changed the category view selection to a somewhat-annoying-but-not-entirely-awful bar on the left. I guess we'll have to see how this works out... Strangely enough when they switched over, two wonderful vids I came across through the rankings (Owata Turkish March by Gakuppoid and Seikan Hikou jazz version with Ranka's singing - really recommend this one) seemed to have completely disappeared from all the rankings, I don't know why.

I think some would question the timing of this change though, why do it when the site is infested with too many people bored during their summer vacation? Already the level of flaming has rocketed (well, to me anyway) since summer began but with one video stuck in the default rankings for one week I think they'll just get overloaded
Old 2008-08-01, 10:21   Link #624
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
rankings OWATA \(^o^)/
not fun waiting for the end of the week to find out what the most popular vids of the week were. and I miss the "newcomers" tab.

doesn't really help matters because it only encourages people to watch vids which already were popular (as opposed to newcomers which are "currently" rising up, which should be the one encouraged) now the only way to support a new vid is to spam it with comments so it's constantly seen on its category's homepage (with previous system it would rise in the day's rankings if you mylist it, now it only appears in daily rankings the following day)

and the 6am trolling is gone, which is a little sad, because it's sort of a legend which has been going on for more than a year:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3318154

RANKINGS WO MODOSE!!!
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 10:44   Link #625
wao
OK.

So that explains why the daily rankings looked so different after the switchover - what the heck, now you only see it the next day?...

And for all they said the "hotlist" would serve the function of "seeing what everyone's watching", I looked at it and it's utterly useless - it's as good as a "random selection" page IMHO.
Well not like rigged videos do that either, but...

Heck with the default being weekly videos, hopefully all the "experienced" nicousers will just focus some of their efforts on the daily rankings because there are some of us checking it... but I wish they'd at least change it back to listing what's popular for that day and not the previous day. grumblewhinemutter
Old 2008-08-01, 20:49   Link #626
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

That crazy guy hyadain came out with another great one. This song is quite unique, its from the mystical ninja series. Of course he song is funny, plus its music is nice. The music in mystical ninja has always had a very traditional japanese sound, glad to hear tradtional japanese x techno x hyadain, its a win formula.

Gambare goemon
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4155152
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:00   Link #627
amjzz

Um....stupid question but anyway...

Is the registration 100% free? Some sites have like "trials" that delete your account after some time and need to pay for keep it, is this one of these sites?.

And whats the difference between a free account and the ones that need to pay?.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:18   Link #628
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
The pay-for ones are not subject to Niconico's "Economy mode"--a mode that is triggered by server overload, and that severely degrades the videos' quality.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:52   Link #629
green0tea
aka: Temmy

Someone made an a cappella version of Hyadain's "The World Warrior" Street Fighter 2 song. Not the full song, unfortunately.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm4111632

And a comparison vid - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4116093
The Dhalsim part is so similar! xD

Last edited by green0tea; 2008-08-02 at 22:46.
green0tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 02:09   Link #630
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
okay, I think you can already see the damage of the new rankings...
the daily ranking for yesterday has mainly videos from the previous day, and videos from the weekly chart. there is still 工作 trolling and it's bigger in number (the 8-second mikan clip the kind of which you normally saw on top of morning rankings with, say, a 100 mylists. has a 1500 mylists this time) and new videos pretty much don't have a chance. vids also have no chance to rocket up, so the mylist numbers don't get higher than 2000
Old 2008-08-02, 05:11   Link #631
itzfurrball

ah well I'll be using http://zio3.net/nicoRanGen for my ranking needs (at least for categories/tags)

Last edited by itzfurrball; 2008-08-02 at 06:36.
Old 2008-08-02, 07:24   Link #632
wao
OK.

I saw that URL being bandied around on 2ch too - it's incredibly handy. I guess I could use this in the same way by checking all the main categories, although it's a lot slower (seems like you can search for multiple categories at once with the "or" modifier - but it doesn't equal a daily general ranking, which includes old and new videos for that day; here it only considers cumulative mylist/comment/views and offers only filtering for newer (how new?) videos)

The thing is it's lost that element of a community all watching the rankings and well... meeting together in that sense. But I guess no matter what they do there's always something to complain about.

There's a good and bad side to the rankings being updated only once I suppose, on one hand I don't have to check so many times but on the other to me it just makes it look so much easier to be rigged - genuine new videos won't have a chance given the combined forces of crazy fans behind certain videos (and they removed the newcomer tag too so old stuff getting re-jacked-up can't get filtered out like that)
Old 2008-08-02, 11:25   Link #633
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
And whats the difference between a free account and the ones that need to pay?.
Other than no economy mode, you get more space for your MyList (favorites) and MyMemory and can use HTML in file description/your profile. (+premium member-only color for comments and other stuffs)
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 11:27   Link #634
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Did anyone notice that, at least in the Spanish version, the video player interface is fully in English? I wonder what that might mean.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 20:25   Link #635
wao
OK.

AFAIK it's been in English for the German and even Taiwanese ones since they introduced the Spanish and German versions.

I think it shows that they know most people can figure it out if it's English and therefore they understand putting it in English can bring in more people, but they are purposely making the rest of the site not available in English to show they certainly don't want to expose themselves to all the people who can read English but not Japanese, Taiwanese, Spanish or German (and can't be bothered to use guides).

Or something like that.

God, the rankings are so boring now, it's almost entirely the same as yesterday...
Old 2008-08-02, 21:03   Link #636
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by green0tea View Post
Someone made an a cappella version of Hyadain's "The World Warrior" Street Fighter 2 song. Not the full song, unfortunately.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm4111632
Uhm, this was too awesome! He did a really good job with the cover. It was top notch material, I wonder will hyadain respond with another a ccapella song? (he had a ff3 one...)
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 11:23   Link #637
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Uhm, this was too awesome! He did a really good job with the cover. It was top notch material, I wonder will hyadain respond with another a ccapella song? (he had a ff3 one...)
The thing that was so amazing about that was the mimicry of the samples from the SNES game itself. The "Yoga fire!" and even the sound of hitting the floor were spot on replicas of the ripped samples used in hyadain's original.

It's been stuck in my head all day today (and it's been a LONG day for me...)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 11:36   Link #638
itzfurrball

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4154417
new Tetsu-X-Neko (Nekokan) song from yesterday which by fault of the current ranking system only has 70 mylists :P and should have risen much more
Old 2008-08-06, 03:06   Link #639
wao
OK.

Well now there's two sites that seem to duplicate the old ranking services - Nearch and one site that I've been using for other purposes for some time, nicochart

Nearch also seems to have some thing that calculates the "velocity" of the day's top videos, but I don't quite get it yet.

Problem solved I suppose? It's being advertised in tags on various popular videos. Well this feels better than seeing the same rankings day by day and unchanging weekly rankings... but yet I wonder if the "real" daily rankings will also change in nature because of the shift in rigging patterns. I guess at 5:00am every day it suddenly is a hive of frantic activity before the rankings get updated...

edit: ZOMG, it's U.N. Owen wa kanojo desuka? in... Irish traditional music style! (Sort of)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4196303

First time in months I've got goosepimples all over my body hearing music, but that might be because I just love traditional-sounding arrangements and for this song of all things... and now to wait for the Irish music enthusiasts to start flaming him for doing something wrong

edit2: oh wow, that guy actually got quite popular with his rendition of various FF11 themes, I had no idea. You should check out his mylist of those songs, it really is quite nice. He even sold a CD at comiket?!... Wow.

Last edited by wao; 2008-08-06 at 03:46.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 18:16   Link #640
Hakuryu
Klutz

I was wondering if I could get some help finding a specific video. I didn't really know where else to ask but since I found the video on Nico, I might as well ask here right? ^^;

Well, I was looking up Okami videos or "大神" and I found this specific one that I found funny. I downloaded it and made this avatar from it.
After I made the avatar I deleted the video and now I can't find it again. Can I get some help, please?

Tags
video