3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.54%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-25, 05:51   Link #761
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Well...to bring up a completely different point: who else thinks Lelouch's Geass is going to be getting an upgrade soon? *basing this on the swishy-eye thing shown in this episode, and also shown way back in the episode with Shirley after the Geass-spam*
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 05:56   Link #762
brandon279

Spoiler for some notes on the episode:

sorry for the long rant, it is my first post here .
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:03   Link #763
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon279 View Post
Spoiler for some notes on the episode:

sorry for the long rant, it is my first post here .
Well, besides the Suzaku bashing part (which I think is very untrue and off), I pretty much agree with everything you said here.

One thing though, we still don't know what Schneizel really wants. I don't think it is brainwashing either. He just throws out the facts to get his way. Even if he turns out to be a villain, that is an interesting way for a villain to act.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:05   Link #764
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Well...to bring up a completely different point: who else thinks Lelouch's Geass is going to be getting an upgrade soon? *basing this on the swishy-eye thing shown in this episode, and also shown way back in the episode with Shirley after the Geass-spam*
Actually I've been wondering when Lelouch was going to get his second Geass eye.

I'm amazed that he hasn't already gained a two-eyed Geass rather than remaining with just the one.

It's been shown that it evolves from Controlled -> Uncontrolled -> Double-Uncontrolled.

Or at least sort of... I would magine that Lelouch would end up like Mao and C.C. where the Geass is ALWAYS on and active in both eyes.
Old 2008-08-25, 06:06   Link #765
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Um.After watching the episode,a question pops up in my head"Why don't Lelouch order people to obey his order from the beginning"I have thought of this method a long time ago when S1 was on air but Lelouch hadn't done it.And then,Why now?
I also doubt that why don't he use the order he gave to Guilfort(obey me when I do this pose) with Britania soldiers.He can order them any time he want making them spies.
Old 2008-08-25, 06:07   Link #766
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Um.After watching the episode,a question pops up in my head"Why don't Lelouch order people to obey his order from the beginning"I have thought of this method a long time ago when S1 was on air but Lelouch hadn't done it.And then,Why now?
I also doubt that why don't he use the order he gave to Guilfort with Britania soldiers.He can order them any time he want making them spies.
We went over this already...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:09   Link #767
chinaman91

She didnt activate CC, she went back to her locked memories and simply unlcoked them!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Actually I've been wondering when Lelouch was going to get his second Geass eye.

I'm amazed that he hasn't already gained a two-eyed Geass rather than remaining with just the one.

It's been shown that it evolves from Controlled -> Uncontrolled -> Double-Uncontrolled.

Or at least sort of... I would magine that Lelouch would end up like Mao and C.C. where the Geass is ALWAYS on and active in both eyes.
No he isnt gonna get a geass upgrade, the geass only grants the user one ability. To have an upgrade would be a contradiction of that statement. It is already powerful as it is and the series is near its end, why would you 'dream on' about him becoming even more powerful when the ending is coming!?
chinaman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:11   Link #768
DarkLordOfkichiku

Ah, finally got around to see th episode itself. Somehow the highlight of it may have been the emperor actually becoming unnerved by the fact that Lelouch did as he did. With the exception of episode 15, there may never have been a moment in the anime where things didn't go as expected and him being upset about it XD
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:13   Link #769
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
We went over this already...
Can you post the link to those replys about these discussions?
Old 2008-08-25, 06:16   Link #770
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Since his Geass went permanent in R1 22, one might assume he will get his second Geass-Eye in 22.
Loved the episode. Next week.. the truth will at last be unveiled?

Last edited by Narzia; 2008-08-25 at 07:06.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:18   Link #771
chinaman91

Say this anime is known for symbolism, anyone notice the blue billiard ball, it had the number 2!? Could it have led to a clue or anything!?
chinaman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:21   Link #772
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman91 View Post
Say this anime is known for symbolism, anyone notice the blue billiard ball, it had the number 2!? Could it have led to a clue or anything!?
Knight of Two is hitting the bucket?
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:27   Link #773
brandon279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Can you post the link to those replys about these discussions?
if he did that, then they will act as his soldier only by his order, doing nothing except what he orders them, they wont cooperate with each other, they will cease to be his soldiers till he gives them the next command, they become pieces with fixed moves, and they wont take a step from their own, = mindless dolls.

imagine it by this :

lelouch : my loyal soldiers, destroy that knightmare.
soldiers: yes your highness
*that knightmare is destroyed*
but then the soldiers stop and leave the rest of charging knightmares attack lelouch .

in other words, he would be very tired to give them every little move, and he cant do that for 10 soldiers .

so this kind of soldier is usefull in suicidal missions, having them as extra force not permanent soldiers .

for guilfor, it was master piece geass, where guilford will use his head to protect his princess, obey her orders, but in same time he can think about how to obey, and what to do next even he didnt take anther order.
but that depends on the fact : guilford is loyal to cornelia, so that returns us to point zero, where lelouch needs normal loyal soldiers, the necessity of raising them = making the OoBK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for "activate", i meant her role in the plot, forgive my expression.
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:37   Link #774
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Marriane had a contract with C.C, but she failed to grant C.C wish (just like Mao).
My sub said that she "violated" the contract. That's not exactly failing.

And apparently something will happen, since the conversation is:

Marianne: Oh but I'm thankful to you... ... for giving me Geass.

C.C.: Even though you violated the contract...

Marianne: If that's what you really think, then come with me <<< Sounds like Marianne has something in mind
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 07:04   Link #775
DesuX2

I just watched through the episode, and albeit for the slow start, there were many mind shattering scenes in this one:

In order of least "LUL WAT" to most "NO WAI!"

5. Brismack has a friggin geass, just sealed. Wow, another Sharigan user, like everyone hypothesized.
4. Lelouch's reappearance and the Sutherlands saluting him. I mean like that guy sure knows how to make an entrance. Boom! And your army kicks you from the behind when you thought "just as planned".
3. Suzaku going batshit insane again. Well, sort of expected, but not wielding a sword and pointing it at the emperor.
2. Coup de' teat from our loving second prince. The ball marked "2" also goes down the billard table. Foreshadowing something?
1. MAI WAIFU ANYA IS MARIANNE?! RAGE! Give me my lolis or give me death!
DesuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 07:39   Link #776
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
if he did that, then they will act as his soldier only by his order, doing nothing except what he orders them, they wont cooperate with each other, they will cease to be his soldiers till he gives them the next command, they become pieces with fixed moves, and they wont take a step from their own, = mindless dolls.

imagine it by this :

lelouch : my loyal soldiers, destroy that knightmare.
soldiers: yes your highness
*that knightmare is destroyed*
but then the soldiers stop and leave the rest of charging knightmares attack lelouch .

in other words, he would be very tired to give them every little move, and he cant do that for 10 soldiers .

so this kind of soldier is usefull in suicidal missions, having them as extra force not permanent soldiers .

for guilfor, it was master piece geass, where guilford will use his head to protect his princess, obey her orders, but in same time he can think about how to obey, and what to do next even he didnt take anther order.
but that depends on the fact : guilford is loyal to cornelia, so that returns us to point zero, where lelouch needs normal loyal soldiers, the necessity of raising them = making the OoBK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for "activate", i meant her role in the plot, forgive my expression.
Another thing is, if he left them with a general order like "attack the forces of Charles Di Brittania", then he killed all of them as surely as he would with the "die" command. They will never fulfill the order - even if they were to be disarmed and held in a loony hospital for the rest of their days, their zombie mode would not wear off. This was the reason why Lelouch had to kill Euphemia - because her mind was effectively killed by the geass order issued.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 08:44   Link #777
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I was quite surprised also that Anya was marianne, I'm feeling sort of disillusioned here.......

Overally good ep, Lelouch proves he can still kick ass even without the order and Kaguya crying was just awwww..
Old 2008-08-25, 09:31   Link #778
Un1234l

**** I GOT SPOILED JUST BY 3 WORDS WHEN I WAS SCROLLING DOWN

I've only seen the first minute or so as I'm typing this, but I must say, I'm really liking Suzaku's heel face turn.
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 09:41   Link #779
Sinn
Pwnage

Does anyone realised Ougi being a bigger ass than the previous one?
Old 2008-08-25, 09:42   Link #780
Yorae_paladin1

This be one excellent ep Lelouch no longer hodling back and Suzaku losing his naivette although he should have done that earlier. Very nice
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote