AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-07, 18:56   Link #8681
equinox822

That means he cared enough for Shirley to try to ensure her emotional well-being. He gave two shits about Kallen.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 18:57   Link #8682
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
We'll for one she's dead. Fuck the dead just do it with the living C.C
Really bad choice of words considering what comes next. >_>
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 18:58   Link #8683
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
He wouldn't do it unless he deemed it necessary, which he didn't. Imagine the incident that would have caused.
What incident? He crashed a giant robot into the room during a peaceful meeting featuring international rulers. HE DOESN"T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT INCIDENTS!

If he wanted to use her. He would have used her
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 18:59   Link #8684
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
You know what

IF Kallen had stayed people would say she is a fanboy and a slave to love, and not worthy.

She discovered nothing. She assumed everything.

Lelouch lied to Shirley when she asked about his feelings in Ashford, he gave a Kallen a poker face.
That's my point Y2J. Kallen's assumptions mean everything in this case. The actions she takes next are why the pairing is gone. She has come to the conclusion that Lelouch doesn't care about her at all. And his actions back this up. He showed no reaction to her frantic words or to her kiss. And he immediately tried to subdue all of the other leaders after this. Lelouch rejected Kallen in her eyes...so she will move on like any normal person would.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 18:59   Link #8685
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Really bad choice of words considering what comes next. >_>
Sorry about that I'm playing spore to find good word for that sentence.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:00   Link #8686
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Quote:
According to that logic, Shirley has won the war.

I think not.
Your right then Shirley so that spoiler proves sure kill on C.C won since I just took it off the logic you guys used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
If Kallen had gone into the conference room with those other Black Knight grunts...then she would have been shot to death the same way they were.
Yeah of course the black knights don't trust each anymore and seeing her dieing with lelouch proves her love and his by his last lie to her in ep 22 he can no longer bear to lie.

Quote:
We'll for one she's dead. Fuck the dead just do it with the living C.C
If lelouch was like that he should have just killed kallen off the spot and not try to save her life at all.

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:00   Link #8687
Sinta

Quote:
That means he cared enough for Shirley to try to ensure her emotional well-being. He gave two shits about Kallen.
He care about her emotional well being when he should have pushed her away. He thinks her death was his fault. (and in a way it was). He know he cares about kallen emotionally 19 told us that. He just couldn't care about her emotional this time around because he couldn't answer her. He didn't want to lie to her so he remained silent. He broke her heart to keep her away. His Sayorna said it all; just like his "live on" said it all in 19
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:02   Link #8688
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
He care about her emotional well being when he should have pushed her away. He thinks her death was his fault. (and in a way it was). He know he cares about kallen emotionally 19 told us that. He just couldn't care about her emotional this time around because he couldn't answer her. He didn't want to lie to her so he remained silent. He broke her heart to keep her away. His Sayorna said it all; just like his "live on" said it all in 19
This time she didn't hear though. That's the difference. Kallen also placed all of her cards on the table. There is nothing left to resolve. They are enemies now and they will be enemies until one of them dies.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:03   Link #8689
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Quote:
This time she didn't hear though. That's the difference. Kallen also placed all of her cards on the table. There is nothing left to resolve. They are enemies now and they will be until one of them dies.
Hes bidding her farewell since hes planning for his hell and that its the last time of them being together. She lives and hates him is better then she loves him and dies.

Old 2008-09-07, 19:04   Link #8690
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
TheDisruptiveOne, I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but it somewhat is: Have you ever loved someone before? Actually, have you ever been on a date?

The reason I ask this is because it's not like a person can drop their feelings just because they want to. On the contrary, the harder the fall, the harder it is to recover. I didn't see this as letting her go easy. It could have been worse, but at the same time he could have let her go a lot easier. After all they've been through a harsh break life that won't stop her from having lingering feelings.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:05   Link #8691
Aquaman OS

Lelouch wants no friends or love interests. He thinks they'll just get killed if they get too close. And he no longer has anything to live for. As of right now its perfectly understandable why he pushed her away. It's not that he hates her or wants her dead.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:05   Link #8692
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
TheDisruptiveOne, I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but it somewhat is: Have you ever loved someone before? Actually, have you ever been on a date?

The reason I ask this is because it's not like a person can drop their feelings just because they want to. On the contrary, the harder the fall, the harder it is to recover. I didn't see this as letting her go easy. It could have been worse, but at the same time he could have let her go a lot easier. After all they've been through a harsh break life that won't stop her from having lingering feelings.
Feeling is just an urge to have sex and reproduce its meaningless.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:06   Link #8693
Sinta

Quote:
This time she didn't hear though. That's the difference. Kallen also placed all of her cards on the table. There is nothing left to resolve. They are enemies now and they will be until one of them dies.
That doesn't mean he doesn't care for her. that is where you are confused. He meant for her to stay away thats why he said it out of hear shot. There is plenty left to resolve. Lulu hasnt answered the question, it won't be resolved until he does. They are enemies and so were Suzuka and Lulu two episodes ago. That doesn't mean anything. We can't make assumptions about future behavior as we don't know. All we can do is take the interaction and make reasonable inferrences from words and implications. The implications is that Lulu loves Kallen and vice versa that won't be resolved until those implications are addressed.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:06   Link #8694
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post

Moving on takes alot of time and after being heart broken you'll go through stage of sorrow then after a while you'll accept the truth and reopen your heart.

Reminds me of how foolish I was chasing a girl that doesn't like me.

Old 2008-09-07, 19:07   Link #8695
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
That's my point Y2J. Kallen's assumptions mean everything in this case. The actions she takes next are why the pairing is gone. She has come to the conclusion that Lelouch doesn't care about her at all. And his actions back this up. He showed no reaction to her frantic words or to her kiss. And he immediately tried to subdue all of the other leaders after this. Lelouch rejected Kallen in her eyes...so she will move on like any normal person would.
You're arguing different things.

That Lelouch doesn't care for her is false. We know what Lelouch's intentions are, we still don't know his true feelings.

That she has moved on is false. There's no way she's moved on already. She may push herself away but that doesn't mean her love instantly vanished.

Whic leads to the Gino thing being BS

The likelihood of Kalulu being lessened greatly is true. That it is dead is false.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:07   Link #8696
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Lelouch wants no friends or love interests. He thinks they'll just get killed if they get too close. And he no longer has anything to live for. As of right now its perfectly understandable why he pushed her away. It's not that he hates her or wants her dead.
Our opinions differ. I think he hates and wants her dead.

(Okay, maybe his negative feelings aren't that extreme...but they will be after she starts thwarting his plans. Right now he's simply indifferent regarding her existence.)
Old 2008-09-07, 19:09   Link #8697
Sinta

Quote:

(Okay, maybe his negative feelings aren't that extreme...but they will be after she starts thwarting his plans. Right now he's simply indifferent regarding her existence.)
That may be your opinion which is yours to have; but there isn't any evidence of such. None whatsoever.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:09   Link #8698
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
This time she didn't hear though. That's the difference. Kallen also placed all of her cards on the table. There is nothing left to resolve. They are enemies now and they will be enemies until one of them dies.
The difference would be that in Turn 19 he was expecting to die within the next few seconds and wanted her to know he was lying before he died. In Turn 22 he couldn't do that since the entire point was to prevent her from following him into death.

Sure, the pairing is pretty much dead. Unless Kallen figures out why he has been acting the way he has towards her. Stage 25. Turn 19. Turn 22. The pieces of the puzzle would fall into place in her head. I'm not saying that she'll get there, I'm only saying that she can get there, and if they don't feel like disregarding most of her development in both seasons she will eventually come to that conclusion. Cue the bubble gum line.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:09   Link #8699
Micante

Quote:
Feeling is just an urge to have sex and reproduce its meaningless.
Yes, much greater victories lie in wait if you leave the reproduction to the more hormonally inclined homo sapiens.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:12   Link #8700
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:

If he hated her and wanted her dead he would have used her like Rolo!

He wouldn't say Farewell when she was out of earshot. He wouldn't ask to go on a walk with her.