AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 10:16   Link #1461
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Well, I'm still waiting for the director/scriptwriter's statement, Newtype and Animedia have interpreted wrongly before/made up bogus information.
That's true. However, I am assuming the worst because I have been very disappointed of how R2 turned out, regarding the unresolved issues that was to have been covered in the "Planned" version of the series. I never liked the idea of the production staff being forced to change their initial plans to suit a younger audience by reintroducing the characters, thus altering the storyline. Some might disagree with me with my opinion. But this is how I feel about it. Everything went by so quickly, as opposed to season one, without the usual taking the time to get things together.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:17   Link #1462
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
So this is coming in October....
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4778311515/
Spoiler for 説明:
Saw this in the merchandise thread. Does that mean we will get our answer?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:20   Link #1463
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Ehhh to me they didn't really interact as much. Where did they interact in ep 18? And you call 22 and 24 interaction? 22 he kept his mouth shut most of the time (except for the kiss )and in 24 she said 'Sayonara Lelouch' (where btw he was too worried about C.C.'s safety to think about she said). What did they talk about? Whatever little they had, wasn't enough for me to believe she loves him. But it's ok you can have your opinion.
If you read carefully, I wrote the episodes where they appear together, not necessarily the ones with interction. But for
- ep 18 : he commands her during her fight with Suzaku
- ep 22 : greetings + asking for a longer way + "how nostalgic" line + kiss
- ep 24 : granted, but she does say something to him
My point was that they are shown together very often in R2, they do interact quite a lot, and many of their interactions are quite key to Kallen's character (the scene in ep2, the one in ep7, the almost kiss and ashford promise in ep9, the promise to save her in ep 10, the "live on", the "thank goodness you're safe" and "excuse me for taking this long" in ep 19, the kiss in ep 22). It is not hard to believe that those scenes have shaken her feelings quite a lot, leading to the possibiblity of her falling in love with him, especially if you consider that she already had a crush on part of his personality. Lelouch is more than just Zero, but Zero is part of Lelouch.
She is also shown quite often to think about him or to be teased about him/their relationship. In the epilogue (and in her chara song, if we consider that these describe the state of mind of the characters at some points of the show), her attitude seems to imply that she cared (and still cares) really deeply for him, with the guren key that she still wears on her chest, and the smile she gives to Lelouch's photo on her wall.

There are a lot of scenes that point to her being in love with him, scenes that they wouldn't have spent if they didn't mean anything. Considering this is a shounen anime, the number of scenes spent on it is already surprisingly high. I don't know what you were expecting considering all the stuff that they had to deal with with all the other plots that were running in the show.

Quote:
You didn't get my point. I said if she kissed him to save his memories it was up to that point. Like a restore point. Why then was she able to recover what happened after her kiss (Suzaku shooting, memory erasure, etc.)?
I guess the kiss began the process of recording in the world of C everything that happened to Lelouch after the kiss, in order to restore it to him if he were to forget it all. But I don't know why you are arguing this, as we know it as a fact that it was what the kissing meant. I don't bother you arguing with my opinion, but that part was explained in a magazine which supposedly got the info from the staff itself and never was contradicted by the show, you just have to accept it as a fact.

Quote:
Go watch it again, he was happy. And we didn't even see the entire kiss to see how he reacted. He was surprised at the start. Also I am talking about when she lets him down. He gives her a big smile and tells her not to die. Then she tells he "Who are you talking to?" That is when he remembers she is immortal. And I am quite sure she didn't say "don't die" she said "you must succeed Lelouch".
He never forgot she was immortal, you're just assuming he did. He has no reason to, and Lelouch is clearly not the kind of person to forget such a thing. And in my sub (in French though), she says something like "don't die" or "you must not die".
Concerning Lelouch's happiness, well if that's how you want to see it, I won't be arguing, that's your opinion. For me his smile was the smile of someone who is ironically teasing someone else, not someone who is happy because he was just kissed.
And also, if he understood that kiss as a love kiss and was happy from it, why didn't a relationship come out of it? Why did he never bring that topic back with her? Why didn't he consider her his lover from the go in the beginning of R2?

Well, I think I said everything I had to on this matter, the rest is up to one's opinion. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:20   Link #1464
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Oh well I'm surprised that I'm actually already immune to the fact that he's officially dead. But to be honest, I seriously want more answers towards other unexplained things. I assumed the writers gave up around the middle of the show and just write what the fans wanted instead of a well constructive script.

I have to admit R2 is good and entertaining in some ways. But a lot of characters has no closure. And boy lots of empty promises >_>

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:24   Link #1465
C.C.
Gray Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Saw this in the merchandise thread. Does that mean we will get our answer?
I found a list of the dead characters, I'm not sure if is that and is official or not.

Spoiler for what I read:
Old 2008-10-07, 10:27   Link #1466
equinox822

They left it open enough for a reason. All this supposed "official" confirming they're doing now will all be flushed down the drain if/when they confirm an additional season.

I still stress that both Animedia and Newtype are questionable sources.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:30   Link #1467
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I found a list of the dead characters, I'm not sure if is that and is official or not.

Spoiler for what I read:
Thanks. Was it from the magazine scan dec4 posted?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-07, 10:31   Link #1468
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Oh well I'm surprised that I'm actually already immune to the fact that he's officially dead. But to be honest, I seriously want more answers towards other unexplained things. I assumed the writers gave up around the middle of the show and just write what the fans wanted instead of a well constructive script.

I have to admit R2 is good and entertaining in some ways. But a lot of characters has no closure. And boy lots of empty promises >_>
As much as I wish for Lelouch's happiness, I rather he stay dead. He fulfilled what he needed to do. That is a lot more impact than he hiding somewhere with C.C. for eternity. Lelouch don't wish for it and C.C. will not make him go through eternity with her.

C.C. had witnessed his effort and it seems that she is traveling around the world to witness the result Lelouch achieved.

Old 2008-10-07, 10:39   Link #1469
C.C.
Gray Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Thanks. Was it from the magazine scan dec4 posted?
I really don't know, but since that magazine is just a preorder (it isn't out yet), I think it's just made by fans.

If you want, I can post the list, is in Japanese, but simple to translate, I can give a try.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'll continue to think that he is, no matter what (unless it will be Taniguchi the one who says which is he true end). Sincerely, I don't think the staff will give us an explanation, anyway.
Old 2008-10-07, 10:47   Link #1470
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Apparently my friend read the last line as Virginity of Lelouch @____@. LOL

EDIT : ONLINE translator (not really correct) :
“Okawachi one tower long interview [rurushiyu], including also the conclusion of the protagonist, the person whom you think that the bad end, it is tragedy, it is many, probably will be don't you think?” “the work Code geass, becomes at such story, perhaps, me and him has been decided at the point in time when Taniguti director unites” “I were not, 'today' 'chose the tomorrow which is not seen yet',

Last edited by Deliberation; 2008-10-07 at 11:05.
Old 2008-10-07, 10:51   Link #1471
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well if he's dead, he died a virgin, too
Old 2008-10-07, 10:52   Link #1472
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Apparently my friend read the last line as Virginity of Lelouch @____@. LOL
lol

Which last line? The text images?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I really don't know, but since that magazine is just a preorder (it isn't out yet), I think it's just made by fans.

If you want, I can post the list, is in Japanese, but simple to translate, I can give a try.

I'll continue to think that he is, no matter what (unless it will be Taniguchi the one who says which is he true end). Sincerely, I don't think the staff will give us an explanation, anyway.
Ok, thanks.

Well, I agree that if they give a definite answer, the ambiguity the built in episode 25 will be instantly crushed
Old 2008-10-07, 10:53   Link #1473
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
lol

Which last line? The text images?
童貞ルルーシュ *cough cough* I believe that is the words

There is a list of all dead characters. Don't forget to keep a look out for Xingke. If his name isn't in there, he lives .

Old 2008-10-07, 11:06   Link #1474
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Ahhhh hope Xingke lives.

Anyways if you want to see C.C moving on. Watch Tales of Abyss's Tear Grant. Same voice actor too! (yukana)

Old 2008-10-07, 11:11   Link #1475
darthfury78

I think that the one thing that Taniguchi wants to do is to recreate Code Geass R2, the way that it was meant to be. It don't think that he's satisfied of how R2 turned out. This is why he had decided to kill off Lelouch and is against the series continuing from where R2 left off. I believe that he hates the 2nd season with a passion. So he might get his chance at a directors cut with a new Code Geass, if it is given to him.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 11:17   Link #1476
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
童貞ルルーシュ *cough cough* I believe that is the words

There is a list of all dead characters. Don't forget to keep a look out for Xingke. If his name isn't in there, he lives .
Haha.. ok...
Well, dictionnaries also translate that word into "nun" (catholic context), and bablefish / mac translation give Ephebe instead of virginity. One of these might be more fitting unless they reveal some nasty stuff he has been doing with CC or Kallen during the 2 months time skip

I bet Xingke is alive.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:28   Link #1477
equinox822

Xingke is alive. We see Shen Hu in the scene where Nunnally greets the Japanese prime minister, Ohgi. And since Xingke is the only one who can pilot that frame...
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 11:51   Link #1478
Asleep

Quote:
If you read carefully, I wrote the episodes where they appear together, not necessarily the ones with interction. But for
- ep 18 : he commands her during her fight with Suzaku
- ep 22 : greetings + asking for a longer way + "how nostalgic" line + kiss
- ep 24 : granted, but she does say something to him
My point was that they are shown together very often in R2, they do interact quite a lot, and many of their interactions are quite key to Kallen's character (the scene in ep2, the one in ep7, the almost kiss and ashford promise in ep9, the promise to save her in ep 10, the "live on", the "thank goodness you're safe" and "excuse me for taking this long" in ep 19, the kiss in ep 22). It is not hard to believe that those scenes have shaken her feelings quite a lot, leading to the possibiblity of her falling in love with him, especially if you consider that she already had a crush on part of his personality. Lelouch is more than just Zero, but Zero is part of Lelouch.
She is also shown quite often to think about him or to be teased about him/their relationship. In the epilogue (and in her chara song, if we consider that these describe the state of mind of the characters at some points of the show), her attitude seems to imply that she cared (and still cares) really deeply for him, with the guren key that she still wears on her chest, and the smile she gives to Lelouch's photo on her wall.

There are a lot of scenes that point to her being in love with him, scenes that they wouldn't have spent if they didn't mean anything. Considering this is a shounen anime, the number of scenes spent on it is already surprisingly high. I don't know what you were expecting considering all the stuff that they had to deal with with all the other plots that were running in the show.
Interaction with him as her commander doesn't really count. And Kallen asking Lelouch a bunch of questions to which Lelouch either lies or keeps quiet does not count as interaction in my book either I don't think she knows him well enough to be in love with him. If she keeps on switching sides depending on what he says then I wouldn't call it love. But I'll leave it at that it comes down to point of view I guess.

Quote:
I guess the kiss began the process of recording in the world of C everything that happened to Lelouch after the kiss, in order to restore it to him if he were to forget it all. But I don't know why you are arguing this, as we know it as a fact that it was what the kissing meant. I don't bother you arguing with my opinion, but that part was explained in a magazine which supposedly got the info from the staff itself and never was contradicted by the show, you just have to accept it as a fact.
I read what the staff said but I thought it contradicted what was shown. It didn't feel as if it was just something professional. And if you hadn't read what the staff has said it surely wouldn't have.

Quote:
He never forgot she was immortal, you're just assuming he did. He has no reason to, and Lelouch is clearly not the kind of person to forget such a thing. And in my sub (in French though), she says something like "don't die" or "you must not die".
Concerning Lelouch's happiness, well if that's how you want to see it, I won't be arguing, that's your opinion. For me his smile was the smile of someone who is ironically teasing someone else, not someone who is happy because he was just kissed.
I am not assuming. He had no reason to tell her not to die otherwise. He tells her don't die and she replies Who do you think I am? With him saying That's right isn't it? What else would you make of it. And I am sure she says 'Lelouch you must win/succeed against the odds' or something.

Quote:
And also, if he understood that kiss as a love kiss and was happy from it, why didn't a relationship come out of it? Why did he never bring that topic back with her? Why didn't he consider her his lover from the go in the beginning of R2?.
Because he is Lelouch and the writers wanted him to have a harem rather than a OTP

Quote:
Well, I think I said everything I had to on this matter, the rest is up to one's opinion. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here.
Me too. I guess it's just different opinions. I didn't reply to you to begin with. I was replying to Lie who was being quite assertive about Kallen being his love interest. I was just saying it it was not clear and it was never intended to be. They always wanted to please everyone. The ending itself proves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Xingke is alive. We see Shen Hu in the scene where Nunnally greets the Japanese prime minister, Ohgi. And since Xingke is the only one who can pilot that frame...
Really? I must go and see that. Why was he absent from all the pictures during Kallen's narration though?
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 11:53   Link #1479
Shadow Kira01

After Gundam Battle Universe and Macross Ace Frontier, I wonder if there will be a Code Geass version of the two amazing games. Or perhaps, a new super robot wars game featuring characters and Knightmare frames from Code Geass?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:00   Link #1480
C.C.
Gray Witch

Quote:
Ok, thanks.

Well, I agree that if they give a definite answer, the ambiguity the built in episode 25 will be instantly crushed
I translated a part of that "CONTINUE" magazine (with google translator -.-) and the line

"ルルーシュ死す!? その結末はバッドエンドなのか、それとも――?"

"Lelouch Death!? The end of the BADDOENDO, or -?"

(Baddoendo lol)

It means that we'll never know the truth.

Spoiler for List of Code GEASS dead characters: