AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 16:26   Link #641
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
UPR, well after reading manga you will some even better scenes between them two that were skipped sadly, but you are right it is too early to crucify it just yet even though this episode felt rather rushed and the preview does look like a filler...

The most pessimism probably comes from what JC Staff did to other series like Zero No Tsukaima... If you have watched it and read novels you would know how they seriously screwed it all up. But lets hope it wont happen with Toradora...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:23   Link #642
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
UPR, well after reading manga you will some even better scenes between them two that were skipped sadly, but you are right it is too early to crucify it just yet even though this episode felt rather rushed and the preview does look like a filler...

The most pessimism probably comes from what JC Staff did to other series like Zero No Tsukaima... If you have watched it and read novels you would know how they seriously screwed it all up. But lets hope it wont happen with Toradora...
Yes I have watched and read Znt and believe me I could not saying anything more that was already said.

Also many are quick to forget that JCstaff also did Shana. And they did not do a bad job at least I think so.

So we know they can do a horrible job but also a good one as well. Depends on who is working on it.
Old 2008-10-08, 17:23   Link #643
typhonsentra

One good thing about how they're doing things though is that it'll give people incentive to read the books now that they know that things are getting skipped. I love the books, I read the updates every time one comes in.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:31   Link #644
msuwildog80

Wasnt too bad I thought but yea...

I guess I am in the same boat as everyone.

Not really disappointed, but worried. My main motivation to watch this series.. is because it will show me what happens pass volume 4 (most recent translated at B-T). Now that it seems like they will speed things up on what I care about and focus on new items made up by them.

But like one guy mentioned, if they somehow keep the theme and reach a similiar ending as the light novels. I can probably deal with that.

Would really suck if the novel stresses platonic and the show wants a relationship. Just things like that.

On a side note, I agree with the previous poster, one great thing is that maybe now more interest would be shown at the light novels. And I can learn more about what happens!!
msuwildog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:45   Link #645
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I often find myself not agreeing with serenade on stuff quite a bit of stuff (especially where Nogizaka Haruka and Akane-Iro are concerned), so take this to heart, my friends:

The OP theme sucked. Bad. In all my years of anime, I've never hated an OP theme, so imagine my surprise when I was done listening to it.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
OP was... The song was rather bad... Animation wasn't all that great either (bad chara designs don't help)... But adding both together, it becomes watchable once a week or so.
You mean you're able to listen to that song more than once at all?
Old 2008-10-08, 17:49   Link #646
Darknemo2000

UPR, Shana's second season wasn't all that great. they even skipped a very important thing about Yuuji which pissed off novel readers...

Usually JC Staff start screwing things up with 2 seasons (even first ZnT wasnt all that bad) but it seems like they might do an exception with Toradora as they are already in their skip-rush mode....

Well lets hope that it is not...

It can have two sides - one thing it indeed makes you read novels, but on the second hand, you may get so annoyed by anime that you never read novels thinking its the same crap as the anime (like it happened with some ZnT viewers),
Old 2008-10-08, 17:58   Link #647
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The OP theme sucked. Bad.
Yeah, I don't know about cuts and edits and whatnot, seeing as how I haven't read the original source material, but that OP can barely be termed music. Damn that was terrible.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:25   Link #648
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
UPR, Shana's second season wasn't all that great. they even skipped a very important thing about Yuuji which pissed off novel readers...
Yes that made me rage with the passion of a hundred suns
Quote:
Usually JC Staff start screwing things up with 2 seasons (even first ZnT wasnt all that bad) but it seems like they might do an exception with Toradora as they are already in their skip-rush mode....
Please let Index be an exception.

Oh and nemo...
Spoiler for latter novels:
Old 2008-10-08, 18:41   Link #649
UPR

Well I have not read the Shana novel's.

After reading the manga (going on to novels next) I see where everybody's coming from. Would have I liked to see all the scenes that they cut animated umm YES ,but it was not as terrible as it could have been. But yeah I do get the frustration im midly frustrated myself but not enough to cry foul and start getting a mob together.
Old 2008-10-08, 18:45   Link #650
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds like I'd better get cracking on the Toradora novels..... but they'll have to queue up til I'm caught up with my in-progress series.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:17   Link #651
golthin

Quote:
Why are you complaining about JC Staff cramping stuff?

Havent you watched ZnT? Compared to ZnT Toradora looks really slow...

Of course they skip scenes and dont worry they will waste it on some original fillers or increasing focus on unimportant scenes too much thus extending them. That is as along as the follow their JC Staff name which means - screw original source up.
yeah, that is one of the big problems with JC staff. They like to deviate too much from orginal material, still they are way better than Gonzo in that respect. they still continue with the main plot. You would think they would have learned their mistake with kimikiss(not that I didn't like kimikiss but considering how it failed in japan).
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:21   Link #652
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Well it seems like JC Staff is having a bad time here in this thread too.

I've just watched the OP and all I have to say is I want to kill Minori. How can she walk like that!?
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:35   Link #653
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Well it seems like JC Staff is having a bad time here in this thread too.
Just to be clear, for me I still like the show it's just that I wish it was more faithful to the source material. I think it's the same for most people here but I might be wrong.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:39   Link #654
Darknemo2000

JC Staff could be pretty good studio if only they would fire their script writers and change 12 episode seasons into 24...
Old 2008-10-08, 19:55   Link #655
slipstream

Spoiler for pigtails & kilobytes:
slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 20:00   Link #656
Darknemo2000

Minori looks as wise as always, lol. I am actually surprised she can talk with such small braisn she shouldn't be able to do something this difficult.
Old 2008-10-08, 20:31   Link #657
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I actually liked the pacing. Some people wanting more cute scenes, but I don't think that is main focus narrative of the story. Here you can see why Ryuji is a likable bloke, only an oblivious girl like Minorin can completely miss his feelings for her. Less "moe" more on story. Which I applauded heartily.

The part that is bit off is Kitamura "high and mighty" scene which is a odd considering the sequences.

Anime is meant to emphasizes salient points of story in order to make it a multimedia narrative, not copy-and-paste photocopy medium of a book. Novels have luxury of time and space which anime did not have. Hence it is understandable why they skipped minor parts to get on the meat of story.
Old 2008-10-08, 20:44   Link #658
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I am sorry for laughing at the OP, I am sorry for laughing at the OP.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:22   Link #659
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Anime is meant to emphasizes salient points of story in order to make it a multimedia narrative, not copy-and-paste photocopy medium of a book. Novels have luxury of time and space which anime did not have. Hence it is understandable why they skipped minor parts to get on the meat of story.
Of course, reasonable people can differ on which parts are "minor" and which are "critical" .... I'm sure the writing team has the same sort of discussions while scripting the series.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:23   Link #660
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I often find myself not agreeing with serenade on stuff quite a bit of stuff (especially where Nogizaka Haruka and Akane-Iro are concerned), so take this to heart, my friends:

The OP theme sucked. Bad. In all my years of anime, I've never hated an OP theme, so imagine my surprise when I was done listening to it..... You mean you're able to listen to that song more than once at all?
Are we talking Zero no Tsukaima bad? because I have truly DESPISED all three OPs from that show.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen