AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-02, 23:33   Link #21
raijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Didnt it go that he was a chunnin at like 8...and anbu captain at 13,so in 5 years he probally advanced up to Jounin maybe?
Actually, Itachi achieved the rank of chuunin at age 10. But, I do believe that it was possible for him to at least achieve the rank of Special Jounin in the 3 years from when he became a chuunin to being an ANBU captain.
raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 23:36   Link #22
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin
Actually, Itachi achieved the rank of chuunin at age 10. But, I do believe that it was possible for him to at least achieve the rank of Special Jounin in the 3 years from when he became a chuunin to being an ANBU captain.
It's possible but I kind of doubt it.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 23:39   Link #23
Umbrae
Generic Human

ahh thanks Coder. although you mention the rest don't, so all the other leaf genin failed? (winning / loosing the fight was not a requierment for passing I remember)
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 23:49   Link #24
LostSenninD3n7y
~Resident Genius~

Send a message via Yahoo to LostSenninD3n7y
Cool Umm... Silly question, silly answers.

I'll try to make this short because I tend to have alot to say. Um, Itachi is way past Jounin level, anyone that has read the manga would know that. As for itachi's rank... It doesn't matter what his rank was when he left Konoha. The way he left he is a "Missing Nin", an Outkast ( :fingers: ) . If anything he is actually a sennin of Konoha. All a Sennin is, is a extremly powerful ninja that has left the village or a village. Like Jiraiya, and Orochimaru he is a powerfull ninja that left. The only reason that he isn't known as a Sennin is because the other sennins were the 3rds students which makes the famous. Itachi killed his clan with makes him infamous.

I feel sick
LostSenninD3n7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 08:55   Link #25
Sethi
StormRider

Spoiler:
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 23:44   Link #26
airdogz13

Anbu ?

alright ... sorry if this is a stupid question .. but are the ninjas that were watching the 3rd and oro fighting from outside the field ANBUs? .. cause they seemed really weak ... and also, the girl at hayate's grave stone or whatever .. they were ANBUs right ..? .. iam a lil confuse .. please help
airdogz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 23:47   Link #27
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Yes they were.
chaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 23:48   Link #28
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdogz13
alright ... sorry if this is a stupid question .. but are the ninjas that were watching the 3rd and oro fighting from outside the field ANBUs? .. cause they seemed really weak ... and also, the girl at hayate's grave stone or whatever .. they were ANBUs right ..? .. iam a lil confuse .. please help

yes, yes and yes

the they seemed weak cause Orichimaru's goons are really strong
Old 2004-04-27, 23:59   Link #29
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
yes, yes and yes

the they seemed weak cause Orichimaru's goons are really strong
agreed with this guy.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 00:34   Link #30
xyrrus

Now here are a couple of people during the whole ordeal, sat in front of a forcefield and did nothing but watch while the rest of the village had their arms tied with all the fighting. You would think they would do something useful after the gekkai is down but no all they get is shot down like bitches. Then there's the whole team of ANBU kakashi set up to protect Sasuke after the prelims and all died without much of a fight against Kabuto(who is said to be on the same level as kakashi). Is it me or do ANBU seem like a "special" squad who's only purpose is to suck at what they do? Cuz even the genins in the village manage to win several battles against bigger opponents.

Spoiler:

Perhaps that's why they wear masks, to hide their shame and to look cool about being failures.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 00:35   Link #31
AnimeFangirl

Anbu is just a code-word for "cannon-fodder," in case you didn't already know. They're just suckers set up to be killed by the bad guys so you can know how "bad" they are.
Old 2004-04-28, 00:54   Link #32
tektonik
I can see that speed

Kabuto is not on Kakashi's level not by a long shot. He is easily more powerful.

Remember this series is about Naruto not Anbu so the only times we see them is against ~sannin type power people
tektonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 00:57   Link #33
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonik
Kabuto is not on Kakashi's level not by a long shot. He is easily more powerful.
Spoiler:
chaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 01:16   Link #34
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Anbu is just a code-word for "cannon-fodder," in case you didn't already know. They're just suckers set up to be killed by the bad guys so you can know how "bad" they are.
At least in the anime the ANBU chicked served a few Sound and Sand *sigh*. Please also keep in mind that Kakashi, Itachi, and Yondaime (I think) were in ANBU as well...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 01:27   Link #35
AnimeFangirl

Yes, they were, in their weakling days. Any Anbu that doesn't get turned into mincemeat by the first advancing enemy will eventually grow up to be a pwnsome ninja, yay! Talk about job motivation.
Old 2004-04-28, 02:34   Link #36
xyrrus

I also refer you to episode 66-67 at around the timeframe 25:00. 4 ANBU sweeps by the forest and only one stopped yet failed to notice the dozens of sand and sound ninjas waiting behind behind a bush about to initiate the "plan". If you watch carefully, these dozens of ninjas(mostly scrubs at the chuunin lvl or below) just stood up in plain view, they weren't at all hiding behind trees or camoflauged, they just stood there and these ANBU just swept by. Yet on the other hand Hayate(A jounin?) who actually made effort not to get caught by Kabuto and Baki got caught and killed. ANBU = Always Near But Useless
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 17:01   Link #37
Liss-sama

Send a message via MSN to Liss-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdogz13

dude you gotta watch Naruto more! it's not hayates gravestone it's a gravestone for all the ninjas in konoha who "died in action" and yes they are all anbu that you metioned
Liss-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 18:34   Link #38
Ishida

First of all, a sennin is not some super powerfull ninja. It means hermit. I'm not saying a sennin can't be a powerfull ninja, I'm just saying that the word sennin means hermit, it is not a rank.

I always thought that ANBU, like hunter-nins, were something that they choose to be when they were chuunin or jounin level. They would decide to become part of the ANBU, take some kind of test, and if they pass they become a new ANBU. This would explain all the differences in strength that ANBU's have.
Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 20:05   Link #39
ubdevoid

Maybe being ANBU is the test to become a Junin. You just need to survive long enough so that you can get promoted and get the hell out of there. Or maybe its where all the kill crazies go.
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 23:09   Link #40
Gai-Kakashi

At least we got some new footage during the war arc that shows that ANBU aren't *completely* disposable. They did take out a group of Sand and Sound Ninja. Plus we have no clue what the second team of ANBU ordered to protect the Feudal Lords was facing.

It's just a question of plot. ANBU do accomplish many missions and kill many people, but it's all been off screen. The show is called Naruto, not ANBU.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote