Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-12, 22:03   Link #1
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

Ghost in The Shell 2:Innocence CANADIANS PLS READ

if i could get the canadian fans of anime and ghost in the shell and who would love see this movie in theatres in canada if they could goto the Official American Site and goto the Forums and post your support for a canadian release of this film in many citys i would be most appreciative.

http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/ <main site

http://www.ghost2.com/board/index.php <forums
Old 2004-05-13, 11:19   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I doubt that canadian theaters would show a japanese movie in a
americanized movie market

Last edited by Yamano667; 2004-05-13 at 11:53.
Old 2004-05-13, 11:43   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Alrighty... done!

Limited releases should go to more cities than just Toronto and Montreal.
Old 2004-05-13, 11:46   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
You wish hehe but is no likely ...how many fans would go? you and ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Alrighty... done!

Limited releases should go to more cities than just Toronto and Montreal.
Old 2004-05-13, 12:02   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Give the pessimistic attitude a rest already. You obviously don't care if it gets shown in the rest of Canada, so why bother posting in this thread?

How many people would go? Let's see...
  • When Spirited Away was finally shown here it sold out it's first 4 showings in some of the city's largest theatres (theatres seating more than 300 people).
  • When Ghost in the Shell was shown at the International Film Festival it sold out the first time and they ended up running it two more times so that everyone who wanted to see it was able to.
  • Jin Roh, despite being shown at the worst possible times managed to sell out.
  • Mononoke-hime sold out.
There are plenty of people who would watch it. If it was to be shown in Edmonton, I would take a Greyhound bus up and watch it there and I know many people in Edmonton that would come to Calgary if it was shown here.
Old 2004-05-13, 14:42   Link #6
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

Mononoke Hime was even shown here in Halifax.
Apparently Sprited Away also, but for only 1 week (I found out a month later) ~_~. There are a lot of people who'd go watch this in the theaters. Even a lot of people I know who are not really anime fans would go see it in a theater.
Old 2004-05-14, 22:48   Link #7
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

i saw spirited away in downtown calgary at the uptown theatre. and saw mononoke-hime at the regualr theatres, or was it the other way around, i cant remember. but i saw them, and the theatre was full of people.

please everyone who would like to see this in theatre in canada, go and show your voice.

it is go fish/dreamworks official forum and from what i see, they are paying attention to it. they even wondered if it should be sub or dub, mebbe for the dvd or screenings, im not sure, but they asked us for our opinion.

so come on people show your support.
Old 2004-05-15, 07:23   Link #8
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
I'm somewhat fortunate being from Toronto but i agree that these films should have a wider release than just Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Having seen Mononoke Hime, Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis and Spirited Away all showing to sold out crowds here i have to wonder why they don't try other urban centres around the country.

I also just found out that Zatoichi premiered at the Toronto Internation Film Festival last fall at the same time it premiered in Japan and i missed it.
Old 2004-05-17, 01:26   Link #9
Iron Monkey

I watched Jin-Roh here in Calgary at Uptown. I like Uptown though, they always show interesting movies. And yes, it was sold out. But you have to wonder how well an anime movie would do if released by say Cineplex Odeon or Famous Players. I think one of the reasons why shows at Uptown sell out is because there aren't too many showings of it, and once the initial anime fan has seen it, that's about it. I'm sorry, but I can't see a lot of anime movies as having much appeal to the casual movie watcher. Sad, yes. But hey, that's the reality of it.
Old 2004-05-17, 19:27   Link #10
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

thats the least i want. to go see it in the uptown. is why i posted it here and started the thread on the gofish offical forums for gits 2: innocence.

and cineplex or famous might play it at one theatre or two like they do with some films.

the uptown doesnt have the exclusive rights to show limited screening movies.
Old 2004-05-19, 15:55   Link #11
Kaitou.DarK
Wanna-be Kaitou!

Send a message via AIM to Kaitou.DarK
Iron Monkey, this is off topic, but is that Ekin Cheng? Your avatar, I mean.
Old 2004-05-20, 02:34   Link #12
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou.DarK
Iron Monkey, this is off topic, but is that Ekin Cheng? Your avatar, I mean.
Yes, yes it is. And as people have already pointed out, it doesn't match my username, but I only thought of using this avatar after registering the name, thus the mismatch. He may not be the most talented actor out of HK, but I grew up watching Y&D, so he's still ma boy!
Old 2004-05-20, 10:10   Link #13
Kaitou.DarK
Wanna-be Kaitou!

Send a message via AIM to Kaitou.DarK
Well my name, my avatar AND my signature ABSOLUTELY don't match at all so....
Old 2004-05-23, 00:24   Link #14
SassyRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
man, you make it sound as if cities besides Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal here in Canada only have like a handful of people... Even if there were only a few showings in the 'smaller' cities i dont think the cinemas would be losing money. There would be a lot of people who'd see it --besides not just 'anime fans' would go see it.

Smaller theatres like the library ones play like art, independent, foreign, etc films and they might get this movie (and other such films). That where i saw Spirited Away and i saw princess mononoke at the cineplex, i think...I'd think that it would be easy/easier to see these sorts of films in Calgary and other such places, but maybe that's because i'm in Sask and we seem to always be left out of things (sob)

Of course it's sort of reasonable to have only a limited release of this movie - well at first anyways to see how it does. Well even if the larger theatres like cineplex and Famous Players only get this movie for a few showings, it's better than nothing! I'll go check out that site. Good luck!
Closed Thread