AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 18:36   Link #221
Cinocard

Those stupid Japan arcade shooting game. Mushihimesama, Touhou and the like...
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 02:56   Link #222
Saki_chan

Quote:
Ohh, yeah, those things are pretty intense. I can never win at those damn things.

Quote:
Theres a lot of games in the past that were "hard" because of bad controls. I don't really consider them hard, just archaic.
I've always felt that the Guilty Gear series could fall into that category. Awesome characters, but the gameplay is so awkward that it's hard to get into it.
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 13:06   Link #223
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Guilty Gear is just a more advanced 2D fighter, specially designed for hardcore Japanese fighting gamers. Its just so high speed, everytime I play it with my friends its an adrenaline rush lol

You need to have a good history on fighting games to soften the learning curve. Once you get it, Guilty Gear is easily the best fighting game around at higher level play.

And GG doesn't have bad controls at all, probably because I'm used to it.

My hardest game seems to be Touhou 11, the first Touhou that I got into as well lol. I can only get to stage 3 on normal mode lol

Even though I've played lots of SRPGs, Knights in the Nightmare was a real Nightmare for me, probably because I don't have enough time for games lately so I didn't have time to understand its complex systems.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:48   Link #224
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I would want to try some japanese aracade shotting games *____*

Even if I am not good at playing shoot 'em up
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:51   Link #225
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Those shooting games are retarded difficult. One hit dead and theres bullets missiles and enemies covering the entire screen.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 15:00   Link #226
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Those shooting games are retarded difficult. One hit dead and theres bullets missiles and enemies covering the entire screen.
Yeah, the bullets curtain, but from what I've heard, the trick is that only the "center" of the spaceship (when you play as a spaceship) can be hit. That type of shoot em up is called Manic Shooters IIRC.
Old 2008-12-03, 22:45   Link #227
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Yeah, the bullets curtain, but from what I've heard, the trick is that only the "center" of the spaceship (when you play as a spaceship) can be hit. That type of shoot em up is called Manic Shooters IIRC.
In Japan they're known as danmaku (which I believe, literally translates to bullet curtain). Generally, the english term for them is bullet hell.

@C.A. The hardest Touhou shmup (IMO) is Story of Eastern Wonderland (Touhou 2). This game is flat out unforgiving even on easy. While Subterranean Animism is certainly a return to a more difficult Touhou, I don't think it is quite as difficult as SoEW. I still find the CAVE shmups to be more difficult though.

Going to throw out Shoot the Bullet (Touhou 9.5) as quite possibly the hardest game I've played. Far and away the hardest Touhou game (although it is technically not a shmup).

Last edited by Js2756; 2008-12-03 at 23:26.
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 02:00   Link #228
greatpower2

Mine would have to be in this order.

1. Contra 4 ( I only beat it on easy

2. Megaman X

3. Megaman X 4

4. Sin & Punishment

I left out any I haven't beaten 3 levels in it yet. I played Ninja gaiden 2 once and it would be #1 if I could get through anything
greatpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 17:31   Link #229
Grif

a little game called "Radio Zonde"

Probably the most intense game i have ever played, but i havent played mushihimesama yet.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 20:31   Link #230
Cinocard

Anyway, those danmaku games are retardly hard for amateur. That's why it's arcard game

Mushihimesama bosses bullet pattern are the hardest. But of course it makes little difference since you have to learn it by heart anyway. What matter is normal minions, in which touhou is harder.
Quote:
I would want to try some japanese aracade shotting games *____*

Even if I am not good at playing shoot 'em up
It's more like: "run for your life"

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-02-04 at 19:38.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 22:20   Link #231
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

old 8bit nes.

Karateka!!!
Old 2008-12-05, 05:02   Link #232
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I have personally beaten Contra on a real NES without the life code, back when I was around 9. I only managed it twice and spent literally a week practicing.

On the other hand, if me and my cousin played 2-player, we beat the game a couple of times without the life code that way (also by utilizing the ability for one player to give the other one of his lives strategically).

Original contra is not THAT bad at all if you have the stages memorized, and there are only 6 of them. Then again, once you loose the spread weapon things get really dicey until you can get it back.
Okay, since I posted the reply above claiming that Contra wasn't that hard, I decided to break out my trusty emulator and give it a go.

At first I was definitely rusty, but after maybe 2-3 hours of practice I beat the thing only having to continue 1 once. Another 2 play throughs and I now beat it without having to continue starting with the usual 2 extra lives. I actually ended up with 3 extra lives left at the end.

As I started above, once you've memorized the enemy placements and where the spread weapon is, the game is a cinch. I can now consistently beat it every time.

Then again, I'm also good at those Japanese danmaku (bullet curtain) games, so maybe this sort of game fits my personality.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 08:30   Link #233
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
It's more like: "run for your life"
Even so, I would want to play to those games, at least once .

I know I will die in 30 sec, but still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Okay, since I posted the reply above claiming that Contra wasn't that hard, I decided to break out my trusty emulator and give it a go.

At first I was definitely rusty, but after maybe 2-3 hours of practice I beat the thing only having to continue 1 once. Another 2 play throughs and I now beat it without having to continue starting with the usual 2 extra lives. I actually ended up with 3 extra lives left at the end.

As I started above, once you've memorized the enemy placements and where the spread weapon is, the game is a cinch. I can now consistently beat it every time.

Then again, I'm also good at those Japanese danmaku (bullet curtain) games, so maybe this sort of game fits my personality.
Congrats !

I am so bad at those games XD
Old 2008-12-05, 11:17   Link #234
Grif

im sure you could play a couple on MAME *cough*

Dodonpachi was quite hard, very fun though.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 17:20   Link #235
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif View Post
im sure you could play a couple on MAME *cough*

Dodonpachi was quite hard, very fun though.
True, but I want to play at those arcade games IRL . I should check if the arcade centers in Paris have some ^^
Old 2008-12-05, 20:21   Link #236
Sides

Quote:
Is Probotector a version of Contra? I did a search and Contra seems quite similar to a game I played on NES emulator (probotector), but with Robots as characters....
Same game, but we in paland don't like blood in videogames during the 80s/90s, i think a big issue was and still is german's hardline youth protection policy. But contra/probotector isn't that hard once you figure out how to play it. Then again it was ported, more or less, form the arcade game, and like most arcade game it was build to drain the coins from your pocket.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 20:24   Link #237
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Location: all the way in Kentucky, where i live with a man named Bucky, he has a dog named Lucky.
wait...... can ninja gaiden be placed here? if so, ninja gaiden 2.
Alpha Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 21:35   Link #238
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Donkey Kong.

I played that on Animal Crossing and..What the heck?!
I finished the first level after like 4 tries,and I couldn't figure out lv 2.

..If that doesn't count,then I choose Super Mario Sunshine.
That game...The levels where that little Bowser takes away your..Thing,are horrible.
Old 2008-12-06, 06:58   Link #239
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Donkey Kong.

I played that on Animal Crossing and..What the heck?!
I finished the first level after like 4 tries,and I couldn't figure out lv 2.

..If that doesn't count,then I choose Super Mario Sunshine.
That game...The levels where that little Bowser takes away your..Thing,are horrible.
There was a Donkey Kong mini-game in Donkey Kong 64, which i never could finish (but you had to, to get to the ultimate final boss).

And those levels where Bowser Jr. took away your Fludd were the only think i really liked about Sunshine, as it felt more... Mario than the rest of the game. ^^
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 22:29   Link #240
GreatTeacherKen

Probably Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels or the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2. The only Mario game that I've found geniunely difficult though Super Mario Bros. 3 and World had their moments.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote