AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-09, 13:09   Link #81
Warchef

Loving the people overanalyzing the interview.

OMG KUBO ISN'T MAKING A PAIRING CANON IN A NON-CANON MOVIE OMGZ!

It's so great being an IchiRuki fan right now. You know people are afraid of Ichigo and Rukia's relationship when they start overanalyzing interviews.
Old 2008-12-09, 13:13   Link #82
Scarlett_Rain55

What overanalyzing? He clearly said right there "They're relationship isn't romantic" at all. There was no analyzing at that part. He didn't say they're relationship wasn't just romantic in this movie, it just wasn't romantic at all, EVER. This is like the biggest nail in IchiRuki's coffin. I am sorry. Kubo has balls to say that for a movie which is suppose to be all "IchiRuki".

I am not afraid, I used to be.

I wonder what their relationship is though, it's not lovers, what is it? My guess is "family". =)
Old 2008-12-09, 13:18   Link #83
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
What overanalyzing? He clearly said right there "They're relationship isn't romantic" at all. There was no analyzing at that part. He didn't say they're relationship wasn't just romantic in this movie, it just wasn't romantic at all, EVER. This is like the biggest nail in IchiRuki's coffin. I am sorry. Kubo has balls to say that for a movie which is suppose to be all "IchiRuki".

I wonder what their relationship is though, it's not lovers, what is it? My guess is "family". =)
LOLZ.

Yeah, because Kubo hasn't been dodging the shipping question at all ever amirite?

You might wanna look at what Kubo said to the American SJ in an interview earlier this year.

Speaking of nails in the coffin, I wonder what you think of Ichigo repeatedly telling everyone that Inoue is his nakama, that Inoue is THEIR nakama. This also confirms that Kubo is proud of his two main characters.

What you want to overanalyze (which is what you are doing) is your prerogative. I'm just happy that Kubo repeatedly dodges the shipping questions with ambiguous answers.
Old 2008-12-09, 13:27   Link #84
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
LOLZ.

You might wanna look at what Kubo said to the American SJ in an interview earlier this year.
False hope ain't very nice of Kubo. I agree.

Quote:
Speaking of nails in the coffin, I wonder what you think of Ichigo repeatedly telling everyone that Inoue is his nakama, that Inoue is THEIR nakama. This also confirms that Kubo is proud of his two main characters.
Sillygoose!
Ichigo does not know about Orihime's feelings yet. Why would he be saying "Inoue is my girlfriend" "Inoue is OUR GIRLFRIEND" to his friends if she isn't?

Quote:
What you want to overanalyze (which is what you are doing) is your prerogative. I'm just happy that Kubo repeatedly dodges the shipping questions with ambiguous answers.
How is saying "THEY AREN'T ROMANTIC OR AMOROUS" ambiguous? That was very very clear.

Oh well, this isn't a shipping thread. Now I feel bad, and Im going to get in trouble with the mods again.
Old 2008-12-09, 13:34   Link #85
Warchef

Quote:
False hope ain't very nice of Kubo. I agree.
What makes you think it's false hope?

Quote:
Sillygoose!
Ichigo does not know about Orihime's feelings yet. Why would he be saying "Inoue is my girlfriend" "Inoue is OUR GIRLFRIEND" to his friends if she isn't?
He doesn't? I mean, she makes it pretty obvious. Maybe because his attention is on Rukia?

Quote:
How is saying "THEY AREN'T ROMANTIC OR AMOROUS" ambiguous? That was very very clear.
As an author of a manga still in circulation, you aren't going to go out and say "This couple isn't ever going to be a romantic couple/reach a romantic conclusion" EVER. Alienating readers/subscribers is not good at all. He has been ambiguous with just about every one of his interviews.

By the way, he also said in another recent interview that he likes to focus on the non-romantic aspects of his characters. Which is WHAT he was saying in this interview. They aren't a romantic couple YET because Bleach is a shounen and romance isn't a focus in shounen

Never has he said that they will never be a romantic couple or reach a romantic conclusion. Besides, I think it's been pretty obvious that he's been playing parallels between the SS and HM arcs, and I don't think he's been too kind to IchiOri fans.

Quote:
Oh well, this isn't a shipping thread. Now I feel bad, and Im going to get in trouble with the mods again.
No it isn't, which is why when you read an interview and post your interpretation of it you should try your best not to try shipping discourse
Old 2008-12-09, 13:47   Link #86
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

Looool, Ichigo won't have any girlfriend till and after the end of Bleach. xD Bleach is not shoujo.

The relationship Ichigo and Rukia have is the core of Bleach, they are the core of Bleach. IchiRuki is the ideal type of a relationship for Bleach, as it is shounen manga. This type of bond is called... "IchiRuki relationship", as it is too unique. It's damn clear that Ichigo's bond with Rukia is the deepest and most special Bleach would ever have.

I loved this interview, it's very heart-warming. And Kubo is actually IC here. xD

Still, I don't believe the precious nakama thingie. Sly, sly Kubo. After everything you have done for this couple you say that just these two words will be enough to describe the bond Ichigo and Rukia share? Fufufu, coulda fooled me. xD
Old 2008-12-09, 14:47   Link #87
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:

Yeah and it was also said "it's not friendship"
Please stop being so spiteful and envious.
Quote:
And how about you start wondering why is always IchiRuki the bond people talk about? Has anyone ever discussed IchiHime so much? No, because it's non-existant.
The fact that IchiRuki has a movie means relationship is special and unique enough to have its own movie. Will IchiOri EVER have one? Not really. It isn't attractive, it isn't real.
Quote:
You cannot be that naive.
Obviously she can. It is called 'jealousy" because her precious Orihime will never be in a movie where she is the main star. Lol that's childish
Old 2008-12-09, 15:01   Link #88
Zeda

Aww leave Scarlett_Rain55 in peace. She's just a rabid IchiHime shipper who lives in a Disney-like world where princesses are saved by knights in shiny armor.
Old 2008-12-09, 15:03   Link #89
Mishasan
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol l was going to say that but you said it better. Not even in the musicals was there a hint of ichiOri so give it up. Orihime is Ichigo's nakama plain and simpIe.
Old 2008-12-09, 15:15   Link #90
blue skies
noch einmal?

Gee, I thought this was supposed to be a harmless interview thread, not yet another OTP flamewar. Funny how these things tend to happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishasan View Post
lol l was going to say that but you said it better. Not even in the musicals was there a hint of ichiOri so give it up. Orihime is Ichigo's nakama plain and simpIe.
And in the interview that was posted, does it not state that Rukia is also Ichigo's "nakama?" Pfft, big deal. I personally don't see why everyone's having orgies over it.

You guys should really stop making mountains out of molehills and finger-pointing like five-year-olds and just enjoy the goddamn interview.

Cheers.
Old 2008-12-09, 15:31   Link #91
NiftyNishimori

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
Gee, I thought this was supposed to be a harmless interview thread, not yet another OTP flamewar. Funny how these things tend to happen...

And in the interview that was posted, does it not state that Rukia is also Ichigo's "nakama?" Pfft, big deal. I personally don't see why everyone's having orgies over it.

You guys should really stop making mountains out of molehills and finger-pointing like five-year-olds and just enjoy the goddamn interview.

Cheers.
Thats precious, precious nakama. A difference there is.

Anyway nothing new relationship wise, same old stuff about Ichigo and Rukia.
Old 2008-12-09, 17:27   Link #92
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:

Cheers.
That's what I think. I enjoyed the hell out of it! Because it's the same old stuff but that stuff says IchiRuki. So I am good. Kubo has been dodging the issue. If he wanted to put and end to it, he would not have said "I won't confirm or deny it" when asked if he planned to make them a couple. Shipping is serious biz, he won't close the door like that. When his manga belies his words.

He all but said Ichigo and Rukia are an item in both interveiws regarding the movie. If it's not love but more than friendship than what is it? That doesn't make sense.

Bleach is for boys, it's not supposed to a romance. It's just full of romance...
Old 2008-12-09, 17:41   Link #93
saffy
English Butter

Urk.

Maybe the mods shouldn't have closed the OTP thread, its just created OTP spam on virtually all other threads as Ichi/ruki/ori shippers struggle for a medium to vent their lack of Bleach romance anger on to.

Of course, this was just a thought mods are our OT masters so I humbly kneel before any decision they make.

Anyway -- I wish KT would give us hints on Ichi's dad, the manga is progressing awfully slowly.
Old 2008-12-09, 17:45   Link #94
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyNishimori View Post
Thats precious, precious nakama. A difference there is.
And I will quote myself for great justice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Pfft, big deal. I personally don't see why everyone's having orgies over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsu
If it's not love but more than friendship than what is it? That doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense. Maybe they do love each other in a completely platonic way? Not all love is romantic in nature. Their bond is too deep to slap a label on. I think it's great; honestly, I think an ooey-gooey, sugary-sweet confession + smooching + conclusion featuring babies or similar would kind of cheapen it. I think what Ichigo and Rukia have is perfect the way it is, and I like that Kubo doesn't care to define it.

To try desperately to stick to the topic, thanks for the interview. Nice read, that.
Old 2008-12-09, 18:03   Link #95
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Platonic just means you haven't slept together yet. He could have just said no.

I also think they are perfect the way they are and I wouldn't change a thing. I posted a awhile back that I don't need an ooeyy gooey confession. Which is why I am good with the interview as it is and still have the ultimate faith them. We have plenty of time Bleach isn't over....

Besides I expect any romantic declarations to happen in the manga. IchiRuki is romantic enough the way they are now.
Old 2008-12-09, 18:09   Link #96
Sinta

Interesting interviews, though they tend to annoy me. Don't give an interview if you aren't really going to give the real questions. Its annoying, though i can totally understand why.

Quote:

It makes perfect sense. Maybe they do love each other in a completely platonic way? Not all love is romantic in nature. Their bond is too deep to slap a label on. I think it's great; honestly, I think an ooey-gooey, sugary-sweet confession + smooching + conclusion featuring babies or similar would kind of cheapen it. I think what Ichigo and Rukia have is perfect the way it is, and I like that Kubo doesn't care to define it.

To try desperately to stick to the topic, thanks for the interview. Nice read, that.
How would a romantic relationship cheapen Ichigo and Rukia's relationship? It doesn't hurt their bond, it just gives them one more way to express their "love" and "concern" for each other. Ichigo and Rukia might be perfect the way they are, but they can't remain that way. It would be unfair for any other person trying to engage in a relationship with either of them. Can you image trying to date a women who's constantly worrying, running, pursuing, staying with etc about, with, or towards another guy? Of course not. The truth is if Ichigo and Rukia's bond is as deep as Kubo says the most natural progression of that bond is something romantic. Remember romantic interest is merely a "bond" coupled with a sort of sexual attraction. Considering the unsolved sexual tension between the two, it isn't hard to argue that is where its leading. I'm not saying it has to but considering the evolution of their relationship their current state cannot be maintained. It goes forward or back. And its more likely to go forward.

The interview doesn't say their isn't going to be something period between Ichigo and Rukia, just that its not currently romantic. I think it was very artful. Again, I am not saying he has to go there, but if he doesn't intend to do so he needs to give me some sort of indication that they fall into that platonic friendly bond.
Old 2008-12-09, 18:15   Link #97
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Again, I am not saying he has to go there, but if he doesn't intend to do so he needs to give me some sort of indication that they fall into that platonic friendly bond.
Which he clearly hasn't...

Old 2008-12-09, 18:18   Link #98
Scarlett_Rain55

Since when did Kubo say they were GOING to be romantic? Saying that they're friends right now and will develop into something more is over-analyzing this interview my dears.

And IchiRuki if you're going to use the "they're more popular" argument. Use it more politely! It's not kind to shove it into other's people face and go"Orihime will never get a movie cause she's unpopular" "everyone likes ichiruki so it's going to happen!".
Old 2008-12-09, 18:36   Link #99
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Quote:
Since when did Kubo say they were GOING to be romantic?.
When did he say they weren't?
Quote:
I think there is no other relationship like them in other works where despite both standing in a very close position with each other it is not romance
In other words, there is no manga couple that care for each other this deeply without actually being a couple. Where does it say they are not or won't be a couple ever?! It just says they aren't one right now. I don't see the words "They will never be a couple, EVER" anywhere.

Quote:
Saying that they're friends right now and will develop into something more is over-analyzing this interview my dears.
No that is the natural progression of a relationship
Quote:
And IchiRuki if you're going to use the "they're more popular"
I wouldn't dream of it. Too much manga to use for that.

"I won't confirm or deny it"

Why is it he can't just say no?
Old 2008-12-09, 18:52   Link #100
Sinta

Quote:
Since when did Kubo say they were GOING to be romantic? Saying that they're friends right now and will develop into something more is over-analyzing this interview my dears.

And IchiRuki if you're going to use the "they're more popular" argument. Use it more politely! It's not kind to shove it into other's people face and go"Orihime will never get a movie cause she's unpopular" "everyone likes ichiruki so it's going to happen!".
When did I say Kubo said they were going to be romantic? I did not. Also who said I was analyzing the manga when i said they were going to be romantic? I did not say this either. Nor did I say that they were in fact going to be romantic. When did I make arguments that they were going to happen? As I recall all I said is that their current relationship cannot remain the way it is, and that a romantic outcome is the most likely current development path. There wasn't an argument concerning inoue and I don't think anyone brought up popularity, so I'm not sure what it is you are talking about.

Last edited by Sinta; 2008-12-09 at 19:45.
Closed Thread