Notices

Old 2008-12-17, 12:41   Link #4341
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
...Why is that ?

Also, about the "yearn" thing, Isn't it quite similar to "view" or "want" ?I mean "yearn" is quite the same no ?

Now in my view, if he didn't "yearn" for her to be a lover or a mother that's simply because he didn't have those motherly/lovers feelings but well.
Now what I saw in this profile is the reason why CC left Mao (We finally have an answer, Narona !), Though I have an hard time to understand; She left him because he became like her when she got her geass ? But how's that ?

I thought he wasn't able to restrain his geass, so does it mean he could and became addicted to it ?
...and how was really CC when she had her geass btw ? -_-'
I for one don't care for Romance but what the hell was C.C. "true" wish first she wanted to be love than she wanted to die then Lelouch promised to make her smile before she died and now after Lelouch is gone she's happy and wants to live? She's still immortal and how long can you remember someone after years and years of living. To be frank the thing with Mao makes C.C. out as a horrible bitch in my opinion.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 12:47   Link #4342
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
I for one don't care for Romance but what the hell was C.C. "true" wish first she wanted to be love than she wanted to die then Lelouch promised to make her smile before she died and now after Lelouch is gone she's happy and wants to live? She's still immortal and how long can you remember someone after years and years of living. To be frank the thing with Mao makes C.C. out as a horrible bitch in my opinion.
This is cause Lelouch gave her the belief in each other and the possibility of love. A decision, to ignore or simply rise above the pain of the past. I guess C.C, did the second in the end.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 12:47   Link #4343
Akakishi

Yeap, she may want to live on thought
Spoiler for RR:
Akakishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 12:50   Link #4344
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
You mean you thought Lelouch was alive and with CC ?
CC's true wish was to be loved, not forcefully in a romantic way, but to have people who cared about her, just like said ChiiChii to lelouch "I'd like to have...tomodachi"

By showing her kindness, Lelouch fulfilled her true wish; She was even able to discover she was still human thanks to him, It's not really an answer to the promise "i'll make you smile" But lelouch never fulfilled his promises xD
In a way, she is going to smile before her death (but will she die one day ?) since she can now enjoy her life.

About Mao, well...it's nothing new, we already knew she left him. After, the way to judge this is up to everyone; Some people will think CC got her reasons, others will see her as a selfish girl.
But that's nothing new so I have an hard time to answer with this profile screw the show to some people -_-

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 12:52   Link #4345
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

By showing her kindness, Lelouch fulfilled her true wish; She was even able to discover she was still human thanks to him, It's not really an answer to the promise "i'll make you smile" But lelouch never fulfilled his promises xD
In a way, she is going to smile before her death (but will she die one day ?) since she can now enjoy her life.
He actually did fulfill it. Just not directly.
Old 2008-12-17, 12:54   Link #4346
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
He actually did fulfill it. Just not directly.
Yeah, I forgot to add "litterally"; In a way that this one was fulfilled but in a different way; Just like is implying my line after this.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 13:01   Link #4347
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
This is cause Lelouch gave her the belief in each other and the possibility of love. A decision, to ignore or simply rise above the pain of the past. I guess C.C, did the second in the end.
This would work if she didn't have immortality she'll still witness the loss of the one she loves until the end of time and she may once again become the same person she was before meeting Lelouch.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 13:03   Link #4348
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot to add "litterally"; In a way that this one was fulfilled but in a different way; Just like is implying my line after this.
Alright.

But that was the point of the 'promise' this time. It was a human one, people get screwed in the "human" world, not everything works according to the plan. This is exactly what made C.C feel like a real person again, apart from everything else Lelouch "gave" her. {directly // indirectly}

ETA: Mahakala, there can be a lot of "what if" in a kinda open ending like this. But in the end, C.C was smiling so, we might wanna give her the benefit of the doubt.
Old 2008-12-17, 13:03   Link #4349
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Her profile states that she'll want to continue living for a long time, not forever.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 13:30   Link #4350
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
This. While side materials can be a nice addition to clear up some things or just give more information, they shouldn't be used for revelations or definite answers like that. You should be able to mostly go with the impressions and interpretations you got from the anime itself. Though...
So what if those side materials, which you admit can be used to clear up things from the series or provide more information were used to clear up your own impressions and interpretations of the anime itself? There is nothing more definite then the director or head writer or even the production staff for information as it is their story and no matter how much we interpret events ourselves, their word hold more weight does it not?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 13:41   Link #4351
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
that's simply because he didn't have those motherly/lovers feelings but well.
Now what I saw in this profile is the reason why CC left Mao (We finally have an answer, Narona !), Though I have an hard time to understand; She left him because he became like her when she got her geass ? But how's that ?

I thought he wasn't able to restrain his geass, so does it mean he could and became addicted to it ?
...and how was really CC when she had her geass btw ? -_-'
C.C. gave up on Mao because he became exactly what she was, in that he closed off his heart from the world and only depended and trusted one person- her. She realized that he will be utterly crushed as she was when she was betrayed by the nun if she tried to pass her Code onto him.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 14:06   Link #4352
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
So what if those side materials, which you admit can be used to clear up things from the series or provide more information were used to clear up your own impressions and interpretations of the anime itself? There is nothing more definite then the director or head writer or even the production staff for information as it is their story and no matter how much we interpret events ourselves, their word hold more weight does it not?
I understand how 'not totally honest' this may sound from people like me or Eliarine that has actually nothing to cheer about in the side materials- not that we are suicidial about it either, though - but still, there's something wrong when you feel that too many things are explained out of the real series.

It's not a matter of not liking what you are told, or saying that a viewer's opinion has much weight that the director's one, it's just all this bombing of information we have here that in a way, might kill the magic.

At least, about some things - like Lelouch's death and such - it partially did for me.

Last edited by Levy; 2008-12-17 at 14:53.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 14:09   Link #4353
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
C.C. gave up on Mao because he became exactly what she was, in that he closed off his heart from the world and only depended and trusted one person- her. She realized that he will be utterly crushed as she was when she was betrayed by the nun if she tried to pass her Code onto him.
so she ditched him and left him alone anyway ?
kinda odd choice of action
Old 2008-12-17, 16:06   Link #4354
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
I understand how 'not totally honest' this may sound from people like me or Eliarine that has actually nothing to cheer about in the side materials- not that we are suicidial about it either, though - but still, there's something wrong when you feel that too many things are explained out of the real series.

It's not a matter of not liking what you are told, or saying that a viewer's opinion has much weight that the director's one, it's just all this bombing of information we have here that in a way, might kill the magic.

At least, about some things - like Lelouch's death and such - it partially did for me.
Agreed.
But that's no suprise. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Hm... I think C.C. didn't care either way.
Well, she did care, but not enough.
I still wouldn't say Mao was exactly like her old self, though. But since that's really a matter of interpretations, I won't go into this now. Maybe another time.
Old 2008-12-17, 16:21   Link #4355
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
C.C basically tried to protect Mao.. she really did love him (remember she said it)

that's why I think R2 was kind of inconsistent for C.C. they made it seem like she never loved/was cared about.. but its like she was and did
Old 2008-12-17, 16:32   Link #4356
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I agree with this. I look at the side materials as just explaining certain aspects of the show that we didn't know what exactly happen. Its fine to have your own interpretation on various things but I wouldn't completely disregard what comes out officially personally. Who knows maybe they couldn't fit everything during the show to make certain scenes more clearer since it happens.

When I saw C.C's profile, I was agreement with it. I'll admit I didn't see her as a equal to Lelouch until I saw it. And it does makes sense.
Old 2008-12-17, 16:52   Link #4357
AceFlashheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
C.C basically tried to protect Mao.. she really did love him (remember she said it)

that's why I think R2 was kind of inconsistent for C.C. they made it seem like she never loved/was cared about.. but its like she was and did
But Mao's love for C.C. was kindof more a crazy obsession. Is it love when you have no other choice but that one person? Poor Mao, he had no chance in life. T_T

Ultimatly C.C. wanted to die more than she wanted a lover, and ofc. Mao wasn't going to kill her, so she left.

But didn't kill him because of whatever affection she still had for him...

It didn't really end well for either of them...

We have to remember though that C.C. was never really the most moral character on the show. Both her creating and killing mao were selfish actions, which I don't think she ever denied.

It makes me wonder about C.C. post episode 25. She seemed to 'moral up' some after all her experiances with Lulu. Somehow I can't imagine her setting off once again to find a sucker to kill her.

Is her fate to be the one to carry immortality for all time?
AceFlashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 18:25   Link #4358
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

Thing is, it is not about having something to "cheer" about in these side materials that are being released. Say you like the colour red and want the sky in the CG world to be red, but it has been vaguely hinted that the sky can either be red or blue. Now if some side material comes out from the director saying that the sky is blue in that world then you can damn well say for certain that the sky in that world is blue. Regardless of whether we like the new materials coming out, as long as it is from the production staff then there is should not be a question to the validity of the information. It is their story and we can interpret everything a hundred different way but since it is their story they have the final say in how something should be interpreted if they choose to release such information.

And lets be honest, the ending arcs of R2 was so rushed and poorly paced, without some of the side materials coming out to clarify certain things the story feels incomplete and rushed. It still does mind you, with all the things that were dropped, like Suzaku's alleged connection to Geass but atleast we have some information to cover what the series could not.

Well if the director and the production staff chose to reveal this information, you cannot stick your head in the sand because you do not like it or that it "ruins" the magic for you.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 20:34   Link #4359
Skippy

She left Mao because she thought that was the best course of action at the time. She realized that she was destroying him, and thought that leaving him might sort him back out. When Mao showed up again, she saw that what she did was wrong (and Lelouch calls her a monster for her apparent selfishness of leaving Mao). She went to meet him at the carnival park to do what she now realizes she should have done all those years ago: put him out of his maniacal misery. However, she couldn't do it, it would be like a mother shooting her own son. By the time Lelouch defeats Mao, CC had built up the strength to finally do what should have been done years ago, and kills him.

I don't believe CC left Mao because she was being selfish, she just thought she was doing the right thing.
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 22:28   Link #4360
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post
But Mao's love for C.C. was kindof more a crazy obsession. Is it love when you have no other choice but that one person? Poor Mao, he had no chance in life. T_T

Ultimatly C.C. wanted to die more than she wanted a lover, and ofc. Mao wasn't going to kill her, so she left.

But didn't kill him because of whatever affection she still had for him...

It didn't really end well for either of them...

We have to remember though that C.C. was never really the most moral character on the show. Both her creating and killing mao were selfish actions, which I don't think she ever denied.

It makes me wonder about C.C. post episode 25. She seemed to 'moral up' some after all her experiances with Lulu. Somehow I can't imagine her setting off once again to find a sucker to kill her.

Is her fate to be the one to carry immortality for all time?

I agree with most of what you said.. but it still doesn't change the fact that at one point C.C did love Mao... she said it.... that why I think she did it out of care or love
so that's why I said there is inconsistency in R2

Ya, I guess.. or maybe we will see in the sequel!!