AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 12:11   Link #221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

everyone here is so into the shipping war of jillxpatina or jillxkaaya that no one has said anything about Gil. here is the hero that you play in all those previous games and boom. Now he is a villian.
Old 2009-01-09, 12:12   Link #222
SageGaiGar
You are Next

This thread is descending into shipping hell. >_< (though I am fond of Fatina... my weakness for female characters who can kick ass)
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 12:37   Link #223
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

The only shiping I want is Kayaa X Sword Though Her Heart
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 12:41   Link #224
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
He's so obviously Druaga's version of Sasuke/Itachi. He's doing it for a good reason. So obvious. Exact reasons will surface later.
Don't compare Neeba with Sasuke and Itachi !
They are more amazing than him seriously !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:22   Link #225
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Apparently he doesn't since they will be climbing again and will meet up. Also, did it say anything about only 2 can go? I don't recall that but maybe my memory is a little rusty since it has been awhile. If not only 2 could go (which is apparent it isn't since others will also be going soon in the future), then why did they do such a huge malicious act instead of taking everyone with them? Come on, there isn't many justification for their reason or action, it's all rather absurd.
It's not really complicated. Neeba was lying to them the whole time about getting the blue crystal rod and using it to make themselves rich. Once it was revealed that the tower was false and they still have more to climb Fatina and the rest would certainly doubt his word and not continue on. Kaaya was different like Neeba she knew all along what was going on. He decided to tell them straight up, shut up and follow my orders or get lost because it was fairly pointless to lie at that point.

Maybe he is overconfident and arrogant but it fairly certain that no one besides Kaaya would follow him on further without explaining his reason which he didn't seem to want to do for whatever reasons. He could have tried to think up a lie but I don't know any lie that any rational person would fall for in such a situation that would make them want to continue on.
Old 2009-01-09, 13:26   Link #226
AlaAlba

a really nice one for an episode 1 I think, this show is one of my must-watch list.
and the little girl is really cute
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:32   Link #227
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
It's not really complicated. Neeba was lying to them the whole time about getting the blue crystal rod and using it to make themselves rich. Once it was revealed that the tower was false and they still have more to climb Fatina and the rest would certainly doubt his word and not continue on. Kaaya was different like Neeba she knew all along what was going on. He decided to tell them straight up, shut up and follow my orders or get lost because it was fairly pointless to lie at that point.

Maybe he is overconfident and arrogant but it fairly certain that no one besides Kaaya would follow him on further without explaining his reason which he didn't seem to want to do for whatever reasons. He could have tried to think up a lie but I don't know any lie that any rational person would fall for in such a situation that would make them want to continue on.
You missed the point apparently. You said Neeba held the key, which is turning out to be apparently untrue since there will be a climb once again. Meaning all this time they have accomplished nothing but hiding out in whatever world they're in and there are other means to reaching the goal since there will be encounters with others who didn't betray their friends. Basically I'm getting at this: what was the point of their action at the end of season 1 since it has been made rather pointless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
a really nice one for an episode 1 I think, this show is one of my must-watch list.
and the little girl is really cute
Yeah she is!!!! :O but she's one of the OLDEST!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:38   Link #228
Nvis
Where are the good animes

They better bring back Coopa and her what's-his-face-golfing-mage guy.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:47   Link #229
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Guys, guys...

All this great discussion is OK, but...
Someone said something about a "Side Episode" streaming on GyaO or the like, and it seems noone has spoken of it yet...
Because there is nothing to mention. It's just an ad libbed version of ep 1 performed live.

See here. Roughly translated: Druaga blah blah Side ep 1 is Jil's VA KENN doing a live after-recording of user submitted lines.

Also, if anyone is interested, the pillow cover from the OP is available for purchase.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:48   Link #230
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Apparently he doesn't since they will be climbing again and will meet up. Also, did it say anything about only 2 can go? I don't recall that but maybe my memory is a little rusty since it has been awhile. If not only 2 could go (which is apparent it isn't since others will also be going soon in the future), then why did they do such a huge malicious act instead of taking everyone with them? Come on, there isn't many justification for their reason or action, it's all rather absurd.
Neeba actually offered to let Fatina and Utu go with him if they wouldn't complain about his deceiving them, but they were too upset to agree to it. It's not clear if Jil could have gone; I think that Kaaya didn't want him accompanying her to almost certain death, so she and Neeba would have prevented Jil from going if he had tried to follow.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:53   Link #231
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
They better bring back Coopa and her what's-his-face-golfing-mage guy.
Melt and Coopa are both in the OP for this season, not to mention they were both main characters from the first season. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't bring them back.
Old 2009-01-09, 14:00   Link #232
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
For all you shipping fans... I admit, I'm a JilxKaaya fan myself (even after the final episode... that hit hard), but there's a huge factor you're forgetting here: WE HAVE 11 OR 12 MORE EPISODES TO GO! (not sure if this is a 12 or 13 ep. series)

I would say there's enough room in there for development with either pair... though I'm more concerned about the why of betrayal (plus there's the fact that Kaaya specifically told Jil to live for some reason) rather than who's going to end up with who before I draw any conclusion of final pairing

and even though was several pages back... for those who believe that if things can't end bad for a couple if a hero is willing to go the distance to rescue a girl and does so, then you need to go and watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (although, that was made by Gainax, who has a tendency of effing its viewers over in the end)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:03   Link #233
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
For all you shipping fans... I admit, I'm a JilxKaaya fan myself (even after the final episode... that hit hard), but there's a huge factor you're forgetting here: WE HAVE 11 OR 12 MORE EPISODES TO GO! (not sure if this is a 12 or 13 ep. series)

I would say there's enough room in there for development with either pair... though I'm more concerned about the why of betrayal (plus there's the fact that Kaaya specifically told Jil to live for some reason) rather than who's going to end up with who before I draw any conclusion of final pairing

and even though was several pages back... for those who believe that if things can't end bad for a couple if a hero is willing to go the distance to rescue a girl and does so, then you need to go and watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (although, that was made by Gainax, who has a tendency of effing its viewers over in the end)
Please don't remind me of Gurren's ending. That just ruined the series for me. Was loving the series then ended with WTF? Hope the movie provides a better ending or something....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:20   Link #234
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
kaaya was probably going to go the whole destination with jil, but her plans changed once she fell for him, and didn't wish him to suffer whatever pain and sorrow would await them later on....that's why her final words to him are important.

as for ahmey's death, neeba is the one responsible for that.........

on a unrelated note....macross frontier probably ended up a harem because if it didn't many sheryl fans would cry bloody murder because she would had lost.
I feel like you and I are the only ones who saw that the reason Kaaya ditched Jil was so she could protect him... she had regret all over her face when she watched them get flushed down the tower and during S2's ep you can see she is still bothered by it.

It also baffles me that we haven't got a decent sense as to what Kaaya and Neeba is doing yet there is so much hate flying left and right... oh well, you guys are entitled to your own opinions so it's np with me. Fatina is still the same b**** she was to me in S1, only she tamed down a bit and her nagging attitude isn't doing her wonders either. (I did feel bad for her when Neeba was leading her on, I was shaking my head and saying "poor girl") but I still don't care for her. >_>;
Old 2009-01-09, 14:22   Link #235
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Based on the psychology of Shoji Gatoh's past works as well as the idealology of the company Gonzo, in addition to other subtle, INDESCRIBABLE facts, I solemnly believe that Gil is the one who will eventually kill Neeba and Kaaya as shown in the future vision. Kai's regressed body reinforces this.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:27   Link #236
BrokenWingz

Jil x Kaaya ftw

I think some people are justifying Fatina x Jil because of kaaya betrayal. At some point the anime will address this issue, so before then I will defend kaaya honour be4 the ravaging fatina fanboi/gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
everyone here is so into the shipping war of jillxpatina or jillxkaaya that no one has said anything about Gil. here is the hero that you play in all those previous games and boom. Now he is a villian.
Which reminds me, is the person who pierces kaayas heart Gil? From my view it didn’t look neeba.
Before a villain Gil is actually a tragic hero, having obtained happiness he lost everything. While his deed may name him a villain but personally I can sympathize with it.

p.s the relationship reminds me of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. of course to me Fatina reminds me of mitsuki who I hate with great passion.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:29   Link #237
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Jil x Kaaya ftw

I think some people are justifying Fatina x Jil because of kaaya betrayal. At some point the anime will address this issue, so before then I will defend kaaya honour be4 the ravaging fatina fanboi/gurls.

Which reminds me, is the person who pierces kaayas heart Gil? From my view it didn’t look neeba.
Before a villain Gil is actually a tragic hero, having obtained happiness he lost everything. While his deed may name him a villain but personally I can sympathize with it.
I'm not sure.... for some reason I thought it was Jill after he climbed the tower. >_>; I still don't know about Kaaya's connection to Gil either except she says "he is my sick grandfather" and it's great to see another Kaaya x Jil fan!
Old 2009-01-09, 14:40   Link #238
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
I'm not sure.... for some reason I thought it was Jill after he climbed the tower. >_>; I still don't know about Kaaya's connection to Gil either except she says "he is my sick grandfather" and it's great to see another Kaaya x Jil fan!
^^, Fumiko Orikasa is an instant win for me, so im guilty if im sway because of other reason. ED is quite nice with the only other time I've heard her sing is ED for tsukihime, I did wish for another haunting melody.

some last rumbling Gaoo ^^, its mizuzu all over again.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:41   Link #239
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Please don't remind me of Gurren's ending. That just ruined the series for me. Was loving the series then ended with WTF? Hope the movie provides a better ending or something....
Oh trust me, even though I brought up TTGL, I feel the exact same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
I feel like you and I are the only ones who saw that the reason Kaaya ditched Jil was so she could protect him... she had regret all over her face when she watched them get flushed down the tower and during S2's ep you can see she is still bothered by it.

It also baffles me that we haven't got a decent sense as to what Kaaya and Neeba is doing yet there is so much hate flying left and right... oh well, you guys are entitled to your own opinions so it's np with me. Fatina is still the same b**** she was to me in S1, only she tamed down a bit and her nagging attitude isn't doing her wonders either. (I did feel bad for her when Neeba was leading her on, I was shaking my head and saying "poor girl") but I still don't care for her. >_>;
I agree with you as well... though I did start to like Fatina a little more, for me Kaaya> Fatina

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:45   Link #240
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Jil x Kaaya ftw

Though if you read back (and carefully) you would see that a LOT of Fatina fans would agree that there is more chance that Jil will end up with Kayaa rather than with her.

There is no point having a shipping war if there isn't one present. Fortunately we "Fatina fans" aren't blinded by denial of what is most realistically going to happen for the series so there really isn't need to go all out to defend "kayaa's honor". Sure she has her reasons and we will be getting to that

Quote:
p.s the relationship reminds me of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. of course to me Fatina reminds me of mitsuki who I hate with great passion.
And talk about extreme comparison...

As for Gil...he is just an old man
So if that vision of the dude who "killed" Kayaa is Gil then it means that 1) He is an imposter or 2) He had an out of body experience like Kai.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg