Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-13, 04:23   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 528 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-01-13, 08:14   Link #2
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

PYAH! 1st post!

luffy will encounter more people now. I don't think he will make it to level three though.

can't wiat to get garp's reaction.
Old 2009-01-13, 08:44   Link #3
kadenza

no summary yet? marvelB where art thou?
Old 2009-01-13, 08:46   Link #4
kari-no-sugata

No spoilers at the usual suspects... Maybe we won't be getting anything until Wednesday.
Old 2009-01-13, 09:49   Link #5
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

yeah, arlong park is usually where it first shows up./

anyone know where it first first shows up?

I really want to see garp
Old 2009-01-13, 10:11   Link #6
marvelB

Yep, no spoilers yet..... though there is a chance that they might arrive sometime today.

Anyway, I'm kinda hoping that we'll get introduced to the prison's warden this chapter, or at least get his silhouette. I'm till not entirely certain that we'll see Garp at Impel Down (and see him fighting Luffy, no less), but time will tell. After all, a lot of stuff can happen in 33 hours.....
Old 2009-01-13, 15:04   Link #7
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think Luffy will get caught and will be executed along with his brother, but i think the person who will come too Luffy´s aid will be either Shanks or his Father.

Or he could just tag along with Ace and Whitebeared.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:21   Link #8
crescent_essence
The Best of the Best.

Send a message via MSN to crescent_essence
It's going to really get good when they bring in Crocodile and Mr 1. And then when they breach the 100 mil level. Crocodile, I know, is gonna be awesome. I LOVEd that guy back when he was in Alabaster arc.

Very powerful Logia user. Cool outfit to boot, and the classic, Mafia boss style. I loved him. And here he is again. I'm happy: this arc is building up to be something really good.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:59   Link #9
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

this break really did come at the wrong time. it was building up sooo well and then the holidays had to come......damn!!! the new year

i can not wait to see what oda will pull out for the readers this week.

hope we get introduced to some new bad guys as well as the ones Luffy and the strawhats pawnd.

i keep thinking is the prison just for men or are woman in there too. cause i have yet to see any woman prisoners??
Old 2009-01-13, 17:13   Link #10
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i keep thinking is the prison just for men or are woman in there too. cause i have yet to see any woman prisoners??
We probably won't be seeing many, or any for that matter, women imprisoned in Impel Down for the sole reason of Oda not liking to depict violence against women. The level of violence females are subjected to is substantially far less than that of the men in One Piece.
Old 2009-01-13, 17:51   Link #11
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
PYAH! 1st post!

luffy will encounter more people now. I don't think he will make it to level three though.

can't wiat to get garp's reaction.
Luffy isn't weak.....how can he NOT make it to level 3?
Old 2009-01-13, 17:58   Link #12
Xeiros

I assume he means that in this chapter, Luffy will not reach level 3 just yet.
Old 2009-01-13, 18:56   Link #13
marvelB

Yeah, we had about 2 chapters devoted to level 1. Level 2 will probably be about 2-3 chapters, as well. However, I'm pretty sure that by the time we get to levels 3 or 4, we'll see a significantly increased amount of chapters focused on those floors. Heck, who knows just how many chapters will be spent on the floor(s) below level 5....
Old 2009-01-13, 21:38   Link #14
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
I assume he means that in this chapter, Luffy will not reach level 3 just yet.
Ohhh haha. That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, we had about 2 chapters devoted to level 1. Level 2 will probably be about 2-3 chapters, as well. However, I'm pretty sure that by the time we get to levels 3 or 4, we'll see a significantly increased amount of chapters focused on those floors. Heck, who knows just how many chapters will be spent on the floor(s) below level 5....
Mmm I say like 4-7 chapters on Level 2 and w/e # more on Level 3. Then a whole arc just for level 4 and 5. then another arc for the Whitebeard battle right in the middle.

:]
Old 2009-01-13, 23:16   Link #15
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Ohhh haha. That makes sense.

Mmm I say like 4-7 chapters on Level 2 and w/e # more on Level 3. Then a whole arc just for level 4 and 5. then another arc for the Whitebeard battle right in the middle.

:]
I'd be hoping that Luffy would battle within all the floors for the entire arc. It's ridiculous for you to sugest that there would be a different arc for the final two floors of impel down when this current arc focuses on impel down in it's entirety.
Old 2009-01-14, 00:03   Link #16
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I'd be hoping that Luffy would battle within all the floors for the entire arc. It's ridiculous for you to sugest that there would be a different arc for the final two floors of impel down when this current arc focuses on impel down in it's entirety.
No like since the chapters are gonna increase as luffy goes deeper. so lv 4 and 5 in itself is gonna be an arc itself.
Old 2009-01-14, 00:49   Link #17
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
No like since the chapters are gonna increase as luffy goes deeper. so lv 4 and 5 in itself is gonna be an arc itself.
And I say that ALL levels of impel down will be focused for this entire arc no matter how many chapters are put into each floor. So it wouldn't make sense to split the story at impel down into seperate arcs if we reach levels 4 and 5. < "That's just stupid."
Old 2009-01-14, 01:08   Link #18
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
And I say that ALL levels of impel down will be focused for this entire arc no matter how many chapters are put into each floor. So it wouldn't make sense to split the story at impel down into seperate arcs if we reach levels 4 and 5. < "That's just stupid."
......nevermind.
Old 2009-01-14, 02:17   Link #19
marvelB

Still no summary yet, however.....

Spoiler:

Yep, looks like all of those 2-week breaks paid off after all.

Edit: Okay, there's a small summary out:

-Luffy and Buggy encounter a basilisk in level 2. Looking at the pics, it looks like Luffy goes Gear 3 on that sucka.

-Luffy meets with Mr. 3. He accompanies Luffy and Buggy to level 3.

-Hancock meets with the warden Magellan (yay, my hopes came true! Judging from that pic of him he looks like a gargoyle....). Magellan has the powers of the doku doku (poison) fruit. He can emit poison gas from his mouth. Hancock uses her Mero Mero powers on him (lol) so he can take her to Ace as soon as possible.

-Jinbei is locked up with Ace in level 5. Like Ace, he's also at death's border, but says that he doesn't mind dying if it will prevent the war from coming to pass.....

Ha ha ha,,,, wow. I love the designs for Jinbei and Magellan. Jinbei most definitely looks one fierce mofo. And... a poison fruit? That's some pretty hardcore s*** right there. And geez, Luffy got through level 2 faster than level 1! Guess Oda is really eager to show off the more crazier levels if that's the case. Well, I'm most definitely looking forward to the full chapter now!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-01-14 at 03:34.
Old 2009-01-14, 03:23   Link #20
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Since it looks like AP's down, I'll post here.
Himajin's summary.

Quote:
Chapter 528: Jinbei of the Strait

A Basilisk stands in the way of Luffy.

Meanwhile, Hancock meets the Warden.
Magellan is a devil-fruit user of Poison-Poison fruit.
His breaths are poisounous.

Because it looked like Luffy's presence was only a matter of time to be discovered,
she attemps to seduce Magellan and asked to go see Ace soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Luffy defeats the Basilisk and opens the cell door. The prisoners rejoice.
He meets Mr3 again, and Mr3 guides him the direction to Lv3.

Meanwhile, We get to see Jinbei. He's in the same room as Ace.
Jinbei called Ace with "san", showing respect.
@marvelB
There's nothing about Mr3's real name in either the summary or the pics.
Luffy just realizes who he is when he sees the hair, and called him "3 (san)" instead of "three", which Mr3 corrects.
Nor do I see anything about Mr2, he simply offers to guide Luffy to Lv3 to repay the favor.
You're reading a unconfirmed random post, that differs a lot from Himajin's spoilers.
I wouldn't throw that in with Himajin's mix dude... That's how fake rumors gets spread. So watch it.