AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 15:17   Link #361
ZeroForever

hmm got whooped by a pretty good sakura player yesterday, though half of the losses came because i kept trying to chain into ultras resulting in terrible wiffs and eating theres in retaliation (though one did piss me off when i countered boxers charge punch with my ultra as chun li and he got hit but he kinda just bounced off/kicked back by the first 2 hits and didn't eat the rest.)

side thought though some of the trials are really starting to annoy me, notably the charge ones on the d-pad, been tempted to get a stick but i haven't used one of those in ages so i probably won't fare much better.
Old 2009-03-22, 08:19   Link #362
Catnips

At last i've beaten a couple of players online using Cammy..
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:45   Link #363
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

im still mad/sad/frustrated of my ps3 controller, it wont do what i want it to do (mostly in the directional controls, cuz my thumbs are angled on the analog stick, cant use d-pad at all my thumb is too big), i kept loosing online matches bcuz of that, and i cant find a arcade stick anywhere (ebay and amazon are way^infinity overpriced.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 02:32   Link #364
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Been using Ryu as my main now recently. Having great success against some really tough opponents online. Went to 5000 BPs fairly quickly.
Old 2009-03-30, 15:59   Link #365
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I present to you the man that gave Ryu's new facial design in SFIV.

Spoiler for Ikeno Daigo:
Old 2009-03-30, 17:53   Link #366
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I think my problem i get pissed seeing all the same characters all the time. I consistently beat high level people when i play but i lose to beginners and cheapos and they all use the characters I used before. In one night i dropped from 1078 BP all the way down to 500BP and all the people i played aganist waited to see who i would pick and then would pick Ken, Ryu, Akuma or Goken. Oh i just have to be more patient. I pretty much decided not worry about my BP anymore and just play for the pure fun of it ever since i started thinking that way i have been having a lot more fun.

Like im an anti fireball guy. My favorite character is Cammy she is very fast and many of her moves can be pulled consecutively and out of the blue she a good anti-air move and air throw which keeps opponents grounded and her spiral arrow has a long reach and you block quickly if miss it. Her spinning knuckle spins threw fireballs allowing you to get close enough for a throw or back your opponent into a corner.

My second favorite is Fei Long very fast and pretty much all his moves hurt like your parents are beating you for stealing something. I occasionally play as Rose or Blanka.
Why get angry? Ken isn't even a high tier player - just popular like all the shoru characters. Ryu, Akuma, and Sagat are all top tier but Ken and Gouken are in the middle. I am seeing less and less Kens online these days. But even so, if you are running into Kens, they should be easy pickings for u most of the time. The majority of them don't even know how to remotely use him properly (spamming fierce SRK and duking it with FB - both major no-nos). If you're at 1000BPs and can drop to 500BPs, you're losing to really low ranked crappy players = meaning you are not very good. I am not here to insult you but I hardly ever ever lose to people that are low ranked - nothing below 1500 for sure.

Then again, if you are using Cammy, you can't be winning a lot of good competition matches. But still, losing to low-ranked means you need to practice more. watch youtube matches of top tier SF IV players like Ed Ma, gootecks, Tatsu, etc... You will learn a lot just by watching them.

btw... i am ken player (close to 3000BP). I should be in the 4000s but I share the online account with my roomie and he keeps on losing my hard earn pts to garbage players...
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:37   Link #367
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

^sakura is faster than ken
Old 2009-03-31, 11:14   Link #368
ZeroForever

in the most recent tier lists sakura is in the lowest tier along with dan, rose and gen, being faster means jack when her damage is also significantly lower.

side note BP means nothing in the current system just that you play a crap load more, guy posted a vid on the SRK forums of him raping the current PSN BP leader 33k+ BP with cammy almost perfect (though he was amazing cammy player, FADC to double grounded air CS, HP CS) .. until the PSN leader d/c's which costs him nothing.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:44   Link #369
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
in the most recent tier lists sakura is in the lowest tier along with dan, rose and gen, being faster means jack when her damage is also significantly lower.

side note BP means nothing in the current system just that you play a crap load more, guy posted a vid on the SRK forums of him raping the current PSN BP leader 33k+ BP with cammy almost perfect (though he was amazing cammy player, FADC to double grounded air CS, HP CS) .. until the PSN leader d/c's which costs him nothing.
lol, I saw that vid. Too good. I dunno if any of you have seen this upset at this year's Final Round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHc32ygldk
Old 2009-03-31, 17:27   Link #370
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
lol, I saw that vid. Too good. I dunno if any of you have seen this upset at this year's Final Round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHc32ygldk
I just saw the video you posted. How silly and embarrassing it was for that Sagat player celebrating like crazy after blocking C. Viper's ultra, knowing that he would be able to hit her upon landing and thus take the victory. All it would take was one hit to win. It could've been a jab or anything else, but instead he wanted to be fancy/showy and finish his opponent off with an ultra thinking the game was over upon executing it. I think the message here is, don't be overconfident when you think you are going to win and only celebrate after you emerge the victor.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:55   Link #371
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So a few new things have been revealed about the new upcoming patch for SF4. However, here are two things that I found to be completely stupid and BS on the developers part.

1) For those people that disconnect, instead of giving them a penalty like a BP deduction, all they are going to do is put in "Disconnect Ratios" for players. This doesn't solve anything. It only tells you which players to avoid facing, but that doesn't really matter since a lot of people disconnect to maintain their high number of BP since they stay the same after disconnecting. This disconnect problem should be prevented all together by having BP deductions, like 500 BP lost after every intentional disconnect. Only then, will people stop disconnecting since there are actual consequences this time.

2) Originally, they said that they were going to put in "Blind Select", meaning that your opponent doesn't know who you're going to pick, and vice versa (exactly like in HD remix). But, it turns out that they didn't have enough time to implement this feature for online play. Give me a break. How much work could it possibly take to put in this feature? That excuse sounds so stupid, made up, and pathetic. "Blind Select" would've prevented the whole counter-picking issue, seeing as so many people just wait for you to pick first in this game.

Seriously, how could Capcom have not foreseen these issues before releasing this game? There is absolutely no excuse for them to have been ignorant about these things. Online gaming has been plagued with these kinds of problems for such a long time now, so how could they have not seen this coming? What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
Old 2009-04-02, 17:27   Link #372
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
I don't mind not having blind select since I just wait them out if I catch them doing it. But you'd think a BP deduction would be the logical course of action for disconnects. I don't mind even losing BP for having an unintentional disconnect. The disconnect ratio solves nothing. It's not like I check someone's stats every time I join a room.
Old 2009-04-03, 10:16   Link #373
tkdtiger

What are tiers for game characters? I read about them but don't quite fully understand how they figure out tiers for characters?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 16:20   Link #374
ZeroForever

tiers are usually generated by tournment data and the win ratio that X character has against Y character during the course of the tournments.

So after several thousands of matchs over hundreds of tournments, it's usually pretty obvious when X character wins over half the tournment while Z character has never won a single one you can usually tell there's a trend. With some statical analysis etc you can usually predict the character advantages and with ratios compared to the other characters they make lists of who's strongest (the best chance to win) aka tiers.

usually the characters that end up at the top have some sort of broken skill or stat advantage which usually makes it easier to dominate. While the ones at the botton are usually the reverse, with a gaping hole in there ability to deal with some match ups.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:28   Link #375
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
tiers are usually generated by tournment data and the win ratio that X character has against Y character during the course of the tournments.

So after several thousands of matchs over hundreds of tournments, it's usually pretty obvious when X character wins over half the tournment while Z character has never won a single one you can usually tell there's a trend. With some statical analysis etc you can usually predict the character advantages and with ratios compared to the other characters they make lists of who's strongest (the best chance to win) aka tiers.

usually the characters that end up at the top have some sort of broken skill or stat advantage which usually makes it easier to dominate. While the ones at the botton are usually the reverse, with a gaping hole in there ability to deal with some match ups.
There's very little statistical analysis involved. Most fighting game tier lists involve matching up every character versus every other character in a best of 10 (assuming both players are of equal skill). Take total number of wins, rank. You then construct your tiers based on gaps between wins (ie. the top three characters might have 70-75 wins so they belong to S tier, the A tier characters might only have 55-63 wins, meaning that the S tiers are far beyond the A tiers, and so on).
Old 2009-04-03, 18:52   Link #376
Catnips

Im now using Chun-Li for online play(Xbox Live)...I hope i'll do better this time..
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:50   Link #377
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I really hope the patch will "fix" Sagat a lil' bit. I'm kind of getting tired to face players who pick him because he's high tier and has insanely good normals (standing HK anyone?). It's almost getting as annoying/boring as facing the shoto scrubs.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 01:59   Link #378
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

and they should beef up dan a bit more, he's pretty ok if you get used to him, and i think bison is the best character if i have a arcade stick (once again, analog sucks )
Old 2009-04-04, 19:16   Link #379
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Why can't Capcom do what Namco did about people who disconnect in Tekken 5 DR with SF4? I would do the exact same thing. If you disconnect, you lose 1000 BPs.
Old 2009-04-05, 15:31   Link #380
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Why can't Capcom do what Namco did about people who disconnect in Tekken 5 DR with SF4? I would do the exact same thing. If you disconnect, you lose 1000 BPs.
Now that is a good punishment. It would really deter people from disconnecting in this game. Capcom has a bunch of idiots on their team, I tell you. Don't just detect the problem Capcom; prevent it.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360