AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 13:22   Link #6061
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurichan View Post
Hmm. Raising Heart/Raging Heart is an belka device which was there before the standard mage staffs.
*tilts head* Raising Heart a Belka device? Where did you get that idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well, here are the artworks for the standard GAS Barrier Jackets and Devices.
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2362/sideb100.jpg
The Devices look awkward, but the Jackets are cool.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:28   Link #6062
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Hmm. Raising Heart/Raging Heart is an belka device which was there before the standard mage staffs.
Belkan?

Intelligent Devices are Mid-type Devices. Belkan/Neo-Belkan users prefer to use Armed/Storage Devices.

Quote:
Yes though I don't look alot in the mecha stuff. So I wonder are they like copies or clones made out of the idea from Rasing Heart/Raging Heart?
I don't think Devices would be classified as 'mecha.'

Since there is no definite time table provided for the evolution of Devices it is hard to state which predates which. One case is Raising Heart was developed first as an experimental Device and then the other mass-produced Devices were made minus the AI for cheaper/easier production. The second case is that Raising Heart was developed upon the foundation of the already in-use Devices used my the majority of the TSAB as a type of 'custom' Device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
P
Hehe. Cadia. Sane. Hehe.
I thought we are sane and everyone else is just crazy?

Quote:
Well, here are the artworks for the standard GAS Barrier Jackets and Devices.
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2362/sideb100.jpg
Kinda look like giant tuning forks
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:29   Link #6063
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Om nom, tasty indeed.
Yes, I think I will keep her that way. :3

That brings me to the question, how much OCs actually are wearing white uniforms?

Quote:
The Devices look awkward, but the Jackets are cool.
The Devices also seem only to be able to fire and create a barrier. They are also pretty short if you compare them with other devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Intelligent Devices are Mid-type Devices. Belkan/Neo-Belkan users prefer to use Armed/Storage Devices.
Well actually Storage can be both, S2U and Durandal were Storage Devices and obviously Mid-typ.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:31   Link #6064
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:
People here would prefer this thread not give birth to yet another NanoFate debate. It's okay to write a story about it, just... don't try to claim it's canon and turn it into a debate.
I understand yes sir. I behave now . No more infractions please (´;ω;`)

Quote:
*tilts head* Raising Heart a Belka device? Where did you get that idea?
Yuuno-kun found RH while excavating a site. And he used the device. He then went on the run for a monster and came across Nanoha. And that's how Nanoha got it.

Quote:
Belkan?

Belkan devices can be intelligent as well.

Quote:
Since there is no definite time table provided for the evolution of Devices it is hard to state which predates which. One case is Raising Heart was developed first as an experimental Device and then the other mass-produced Devices were made minus the AI for cheaper/easier production. The second case is that Raising Heart was developed upon the foundation of the already in-use Devices used my the majority of the TSAB as a type of 'custom' Device.
Hmm this is new for me. I though RH is an ancient device that was created by Belka if I remember correctly. Or an other old civilization. At least to my knowledge bardiche is.

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:35   Link #6065
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Yuuno-kun found RH while excavating a site. And he used the device. He then went on the run for a monster and came across Nanoha. And that's how Nanoha got it.
I don't believe it's ever stated that Yuuno got RH from a Belkan excavation site, though it's not much of a logic stretch if you assume said site was the site of a battle between Belkan and Mid forces. He could easily have requisitioned it or just built it himself, but more likely he obtained it from a relative, which would help to explain why he had such trouble using it.

Regardless, RH has none of the traits of a Belkan device; it's not an Armed Device, it lacks the cartridge system, and it's designed for the Mid system. Clearly a Mid-type device.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:35   Link #6066
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
The Devices also seem only to be able to fire and create a barrier. They are also pretty short if you compare them with other devices.
They can't exactly hand the rank-and-file the shiniest Devices. How else are they gonna make the main cast look better by comparison? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I don't believe it's ever stated that Yuuno got RH from a Belkan excavation site, though it's not much of a logic stretch if you assume said site was the site of a battle between Belkan and Mid forces. He could easily have requisitioned it or just built it himself, but more likely he obtained it from a relative, which would help to explain why he had such trouble using it.
Now that the topic's been brought up, how does one go about constructing a Device? I doubt it's a simple thing to do.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:39   Link #6067
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Belkan devices can be intelligent as well.
'Intelligent Device' is just a name for Mid-typ Devices like Raising Heart or Bardich.

The Devices of the Wolkenritter (like Graf Eisen or Laevatin) are called 'Armed Device'

It's just a name, of course both have AIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
They can't exactly hand the rank-and-file the shiniest Devices. How else are they gonna make the main cast look better by comparison? :P
I never suggested anything else!
Old 2009-03-31, 13:40   Link #6068
Yurichan

Quote:

Regardless, RH has none of the traits of a Belkan device; it's not an Armed Device, it lacks the cartridge system, and it's designed for the Mid system. Clearly a Mid-type device.
No RH and Bardiche are both from Belka a period in where there was a development in intelligent weapons. In this period also The book of Darkness was created. It was in a battle time. I agree RH looks rather friendly. It might be from the Saint Kaiser period? But the other devices of the TSAB are made out of an image of RH. TSAB analyzes the devices and develops them further. That's how RH got it's upgrades.

Quote:
'Intelligent Device' is just a name for Mid-typ Devices like Raising Heart or Bardich.

The Devices of the Wolkenritter (like Graf Eisen or Laevantin) are called 'Armed Device'

It's just a name, of course both have AIs
I know but it's what has the name to do with it's origin. It's just a name given by TSAB for those devices.

yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Old 2009-03-31, 13:41   Link #6069
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
I understand yes sir. I behave now . No more infractions please (´;ω;`)

Raising Heart is not a Belkan device. If it were so, RH would be utilizing Belkan spell triangles rather than the Mid-Childan spell circle. Just because Yuuno found it does not make the device Belkan.

Also, just because Raising Heart was first to be introduced in the series does not make it the basis for all devices used by the TSAB. RH is only one of several Intelligent Devices shown in the series, unique due to its attunement to Nanoha. Intelligent devices tend to be much more rare compared to the mass-produced stuff because of the amount of work needed to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

Now that the topic's been brought up, how does one go about constructing a Device? I doubt it's a simple thing to do.
Apparently, a certain grade of artificer is needed. For example, Shario is a Meister-class Device Artificer.

Quote:
No RH and Bardiche are both from Belka a period in where there was a development in intelligent weapons. In this period also The book of Darkness was created. It was in a battle time. I agree RH looks rather friendly. But the other devices of the TSAB are made out of an image of RH. TSAB analyzes the devices and develops them further. That's how RH got it's upgrades.
I'm curious, where are you getting this information from?
Old 2009-03-31, 13:42   Link #6070
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
No RH and Bardiche are both from Belka a period in where there was a development in intelligent weapons.
Excuse me, but when was this said? And who said it?

It is official that Raising Heart and Bardich are Midchilda-typ Devices not Belka.
It is stated so on the official Device cards.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:45   Link #6071
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Simple enough that Teana could build her Anchor Gun before she even entered the Ground Forces. I imagine building a basic Storage Device is probably the Mid-Childan equivalent of building your own computer; you have to know what you're doing, but it's not hard to learn the ins and outs of the process and it isn't exactly rocket science to build the device itself. Anything with a more advanced AI is another story altogether, however, enough that the bureau needs recognized Device Meisters to build the more advanced stuff.

Quote:
No RH and Bardiche are both from Belka a period in where there was a development in intelligent weapons.
Bardiche was built by either Precia, Fate, or Linis. It has nothing to do with Belka.

Seriously Yuri, where are you getting these ideas from?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:48   Link #6072
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Hmm this is new for me. I though RH is an ancient device that was created by Belka if I remember correctly. Or an other old civilization. At least to my knowledge bardiche is.
Bardiche is a newer Device, created after Fate's 'birth' but before the Jewel Seed incident. It was stated in source materials that Precia's familiar, Linith, created the Mid-type Device for Fate if I recall.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:52   Link #6073
Yurichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Raising Heart is not a Belkan device. If it were so, RH would be utilizing Belkan spell triangles rather than the Mid-Childan spell circle. Just because Yuuno found it does not make the device Belkan.

Also, just because Raising Heart was first to be introduced in the series does not make it the basis for all devices used by the TSAB. RH is only one of several Intelligent Devices shown in the series, unique due to its attunement to Nanoha. Intelligent devices tend to be much more rare compared to the mass-produced stuff because of the amount of work needed to make one.
You say all this but this is just quessing isn't it
ANd it's rather silly. Because the magic triangle that you mention. WHo says Belka weapons only uses triangle forms? RH uses a magic form as well. Those symbols are belka

Quote:
Excuse me, but when was this said? And who said it?

It is official that Raising Heart and Bardich are Midchilda-typ Devices not Belka.
It is stated so on the official Device cards.
They are being updated and cared for by TSAB. So they classify them as from themselves.

Quote:
Bardiche was built by either Precia, Fate, or Linis. It has nothing to do with Belka.

Seriously Yuri, where are you getting these ideas from?
How can you say this to me while you don't even for yourself know who made Bardiche you are just quessing

Quote:
Bardiche is a newer Device, created after Fate's 'birth' but before the Jewel Seed incident. It was stated in source materials that Precia's familiar, Linith, created the Mid-type Device for Fate if I recall.
I see I read that too. But who doesn't say she used an allready found device and upgraded that one. But it's interesting to know more about it yes.

yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Old 2009-03-31, 13:53   Link #6074
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yes, I think I will keep her that way. :3

That brings me to the question, how much OCs actually are wearing white uniforms?

Keroko:
White uniform, checking in.
Tesla: Blue uniform, checking in.
Eden: No uniform, checking in. Loving the investigation department.
Jun: White uniform, checking in.
Wes: White uniform with a Rogue Squadron commander patch, checking in.
Tycho: White uniform, checking in. Also, I'll have a large cola, and a good portion of rice.
Phanan:
White uniform, checking in. I'll have what Tycho's having.

Quote:
That's all we've seen them doing, doesn't mean that's all they're capable off.

Quote:

Quote:
No RH and Bardiche are both from Belka a period in where there was a development in intelligent weapons. In this period also The book of Darkness was created. It was in a battle time. I agree RH looks rather friendly. It might be from the Saint Kaiser period? But the other devices of the TSAB are made out of an image of RH. TSAB analyzes the devices and develops them further. That's how RH got it's upgrades.
I am very curious where you got this info.

The Bardiche bit is already wrong, Linith created Bardiche for Fate right before Precia ended their contract.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:00   Link #6075
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
No. It's not guessing. I am very certain in my assertion that RH is a Mid-Childan type Intelligent Device, and that the TSAB does not mass-produce devices based on Raising Heart.

Quote:
ANd it's rather silly. Because the magic triangle that you mention. WHo says Belka weapons only uses triangle forms? RH uses a magic form as well. Those symbols are belka
I... what?

Have you watched the series at all? Bardiche and Raising Heart use distinctively circular magic forms. Compare that to Laevatein, Graf Eisen, Klarer Wind, and hell, even the Book of Darkness, they utilize a very triangular magic shape. The difference between Mid-Childan and Belkan magic styles and devices has been already established and confirmed.

Quote:
How can you say this to me while you don't even for yourself know who made Bardiche you are just quessing
And what proof do you have that Raising Heart and Bardiche is Belkan? You make claims that has virtually everyone in this thread scratching their heads, wondering how you got this information.

And it's "guessing," not "quessing."
Old 2009-03-31, 14:01   Link #6076
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Not really, no.

Quote:
ANd it's rather silly. Because the magic triangle that you mention. WHo says Belka weapons only uses triangle forms?
Every Belkan weapon seen in the series uses the Belkan triangle instead of the Mid circle. That's one of the big ways you can differentiate between Mages and Knights, by their spell templates. We've never seen Mid mages use triangles and we've never seen Belkan knights use circles. Even if the difference isn't spelled out directly in the series at some point (and I'm sure it is somewhere) it's not much of a logic leap to deduce that the triangles are unique to the Belkan system.

Quote:
RH uses a magic form as well. Those symbols are belka
*Facepalm*

Those symbols are Mid-Childa spell circles, Yuri.

Quote:
I at least have a general idea of who created Bardiche, and the others have confirmed that it was Linis/Linith/however you say her name. So I know more about this then you do with your wild mass guessing.

Yuri, we've got several hundred pages of discussion both in this thread and in Cadia Eins; we know what we're talking about here. RH and Bardiche are not Belkan devices.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:01   Link #6077
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
They are being updated and cared for by TSAB. So they classify them as from themselves.
Same goes for Strada and this one is classified as Belkan-typ.

Also I was talking about the official Device cards you got with the Nanoha A's DVDs.
They have nothing to do with TSAB but with the REAL world you and I are living in.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:02   Link #6078
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Do you have scans of those cards handy, Kyral? They might prove rather useful in solving this little debate.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:14   Link #6079
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Do you have scans of those cards handy, Kyral? They might prove rather useful in solving this little debate.
Yes I have:

Spoiler for Some cards:

There is also:

Raising Heart Excelion - System: Mid-childa, Style: Intelligent Device + Cartridge System
Bardiche Assault - System: Mid-childa, Style: Intelligent Device + Cartridge System
Buch der Dunkelheit - System: Belka, Style: Lost Logia
Klarwind - System: Belka, Style: Armed (Rings)
Reinforce - System: Belka, Style: Unison Device
S2U - System: Mid-childa, Style: Storage Device
Durandal - System: Mid-childa, Style: Storage Device

I can upload them all if you want.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:17   Link #6080
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

That would probably help. Yuri seems to need a helpful little thump on the head to show him/her that we really do know what we're talking about here, and having every Belkan device directly associated with the Belkan triangle (and Mid with the circles) would probably go a long way to proving our point.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content