AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Recap Episode Discussion / Poll
Perfect 10 36 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 23.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-28, 00:25   Link #41
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker View Post
Kyou in gym = ''Legendary screenshot''. Well, I am so surprised that
''Clannad ~After Story~'' is #5 in the ranking at http://myanimelist.net/ now.I mean I love this show but it is overrated.
Wow I didn't know that it was actually #5 but calling the series overrated is subjective. In my opinion, Clannad deserves to be in the top 5 anime in any list considering all the emotions this series puts you through. I actually believe that this series rivals some of the best top-rated anime out there. I haven't had an anime control my emotions this well in my lifetime. Of course this is just from my perspective

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-03-28, 00:35   Link #42
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am very sure people would agree that this entire series is one of their top 5, because of how it actually portrays humanity and emotions as a whole, and on the theme of how family is important, not just the immediate one. Like what Tomoya said in the end, although the paths they take are scattered, the lives seem to converge from time to time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-28, 06:11   Link #43
Snooker
Call me neet.

Dont get me wrong- -''.Clannad is magcinificient but my numberone key s anime is ''Air'' even its production may be not solid .However, it s my opinion.
Old 2009-03-28, 17:11   Link #44
Anime Daisuki

For some reason, this episode seemed to give me the closure that I felt was lacking in episode 23. 10/10, simply because it's the last bit of Clannad and it really summed up what was a great anime.
Old 2009-03-28, 17:41   Link #45
Tiberium Wolf

I must say that the recap was well done. If it were like other series recaps I would have fallen asleep.
Old 2009-03-28, 23:07   Link #46
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
I must admit, this was far better than I thought it would be. The framing device makes this work in a way to actually lend itself to helping viewers figure out the plot.

It's basically set up as Tomoya telling Ushio the story of "how I met your mother" all the way up to when Ushio was born, with Ushio asking questions and Tomoya doing his best to answer them. But, after that point...

Spoiler for Recap Episode:
Afterwards, there's a short scene of original animation, showing the aftermath of this story in a rather cute way.

In the end, this was a really effective recap episode and something I'm glad I watched, even if I didn't get an announcement of Little Busters! and/or Planetarian afterwards. 8/10.
In all aspects i agree with VRMN's post.
The narrative style was perfect. I would've been disappointed if they just slammed a bunch of clips together. but the fact that they put it in the style of Tomoya telling the story to Ushio made perfect sense.

AND they even gave us a bit of extra 'fresh' animation at the end, which i can appreciate.

i give it a 9.5/10

Spoiler:

A very good recap episode for the whole thing.
I'd have to say better recap than Kanon or AIR.
Old 2009-03-29, 02:43   Link #47
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually I was wondering if Tomoya was remembers Kyou due to the time they spent in the gym shed (and Ushio was so close to becoming Tomoya and KYOU's child.......) rather than any other event they had together. Kyou in bloomers and sweatshirt, lying down in a promiscuous position, then sitting up and looking so shy is surely an epic turn on for any guy.
"Hey, Ushio, let me tell you about the time I got trapped in the sports equipment shed with your teacher, Kyou. Your mother was away that day, and I was feeling kinda lonely..."
Old 2009-03-29, 11:52   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Grandpa Youhei"?
Old 2009-03-29, 11:56   Link #49
Anime Daisuki

It's sad though, I was sitting there waiting on the end of the ED theme, praying for the preview music to play.
Old 2009-03-29, 12:20   Link #50
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"Grandpa Youhei"?
Apparently he is still the comic relief of their lives. Once a comic relief, always a comic relief.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-29, 14:43   Link #51
motaku96
もたく

I'm sad that it's over. Definitely one of my favorite anime of all time. I think I might go back to the beginning and watch the whole series again someday.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:31   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You Clannad-heads don't know how lucky you are to have all these after-stories and "after-story alternative stories". How much would Kamichu fans pay for a Shoukichi/Miko-chan After? How about a Kisa/Hiro After?

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2009-03-29 at 21:34.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:36   Link #53
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Does that exist in the original material? Not to mention that I don't know how well that would work with Kamichu, given that it wasn't really a plot-character oriented series like CLANNAD (which actually benefits from more air time), Kamichu was more of a setting exploration series. While the characters were interesting, what really shined in Kamichu (as in most true slice of life series and not those wierd comedy hybrids that have come out lately) is the setting, the environment, the overall series feeling. More episodes would actually help to further flesh out that, however the plot was pretty much over and done.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:46   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not the Shou-chan/Miko-chan plot! Maybe that's why that subplot won over so many fans, because the main one was pretty well played-out. In a show that was indeed more about the setting and atmosphere than characters, little samurai-spirited Shou-chan and Miko-chan won over countless hearts. But no, there was no Shoukichi/Miko or Hiro/Kisa (Fruits Basket) after in the original material.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:59   Link #55
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I bet a person who only watches recap eps(not that anyone only does) will understand the whole story just by watching this one.
I think its good, and more is explained at the end. (random "waking up from another reality"?)
Old 2009-03-29, 18:22   Link #56
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Clannad is my number 1 anime by far...

This recap episode was done excellently. Most recaps make me snooze, this one didn't. Wouldn't of minded an actual episode instead of it, though.

I wish there would be a third season.. original material showing Tomoya's life with Nagisa and Ushio. Or just playing through different arcs, it'd be humorous if the twins decided to "share him".
Old 2009-03-30, 02:17   Link #57
ucit

but the ranking in myanimelist...
its no 2 in top tv show
Old 2009-03-30, 05:20   Link #58
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucit View Post
its no 2 in top tv show
It may be sitting on my #3 in my top 5 for the anime in the 2000s, Gungrave being #1 and Aria, the three series, being #2. Then it is Baccano and Haruhi. Yes, I prefer to seperate decades in three differents tops 10 for 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. #1. No one can accuse me of being biased against one particular decade (even tho it was harder to come up with a list for the 1990s than the 1980s and the 2000s). #2. I feel it is being fair for the three mentioned anime periods; in my eyes, there was never such a thing as "decline of the industry since a fabled Golden Age".
Old 2009-03-30, 13:08   Link #59
GreatTeacherKen

I wasn't originally going to watch this episode since I thought it'd be a huge mess trying to recap 40+ episodes of story in less than 30 minutes, but then I heard people say it was actually pretty good, and after watching it for myself, I agree with that assessment. I think the episode managed to sum up all the main points of the story succinctly. Definitely one of the better recaps I've seen.
Old 2009-04-01, 06:06   Link #60
Hamchan
The World Ends With Me!

A good recap episode. Won't give it more than 8 though because I personally hate recaps and clip shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucit View Post
its no 2 in top tv show
It really deserves to be there. The anime was so brilliant, probably 9s or 10s for every episode except for the ending which was a bit confusing.
Closed Thread