Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 23:45   Link #4201
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I have a question. Was Kaguya's poem ever translated?
Kinda late don't ya think?
Anyway ask blotty or Pink-chan about it, I'm sure they posted it awhile back in December or January if I recall.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:11   Link #4202
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Argh, I should really stop fangirling my way through the net...

Now Clovis has a deep-seated hatred for the Elevens - despite not being shown to feel anything but a not so nice kind of indifference towards them in the anime - and is "not skilled at chess".
...What?
Sure. Because losing against Lelouch - even mini Lelouch - is certain proove that there is no talent at all. Doesn't matter that he might actually have won their last match if they'd finished it.

Not that it's much better that some people seem to think that he was just some poor idiot who was manipluated into every bad deed he did. I mean, I think it's official that he was influenced by certain parties (which episode was that again? Somewhere in R2, I think?), but he's not some dumb little lamb with no idea at all of how the world works. He just didn't care, and therefore didn't try very hard - that's the impression I got.
I don't know why so many people come up with strange theories and try to declare them canon.

And yes, I'm being a rabid, slightly annoyed fangirl here. xD
Old 2009-04-07, 18:27   Link #4203
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
And I like that about Code Geass.
...You forgot Suzaku, though
But... yeah, generic thread. I'll reply there from now on if I have to say anything on this matter - which I always have. xD

You could always edit/delete you know. 8D

But really, liking a guy, that would kill countless people to regain his status? Hmm, might not be my thing. And same with Nina. A lot of people praise her, for finding the "plan" to cancel her mass-destruction weapon. Really? "Praise?" Peculiar, the way i see it. 8D
It is the selfish-trigger, that irks me i suppose.

p,s you are welcome ~ 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 18:32   Link #4204
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

And same with Nina. A lot of people praise her, for finding the "plan" to cancel her mass-destruction weapon. Really? "Praise?" Peculiar, the way i see it. 8D
It was mostly thanks to Lelouch's quick fingers that the FLEIA missile was defused.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 18:36   Link #4205
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
It was mostly thanks to Lelouch's quick fingers that the FLEIA missile was defused.

I just said, that a lot of people were like "Oh, Nina had a change of heart, how sweet." And i was like "whut whut in the butt" guys? 8D
I mean, the girl was top-notch assassin machine, because of her "Euphemiaaa-revenge". I mean, can it get worse than this? I do not think so. :x
"Change of heart" my ass.

p.s yeah, Lulu, the guy that sets bombs, still being able to apply hairspray and his hands, are like 830493 machines working together. |DD;
Old 2009-04-07, 18:37   Link #4206
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
You could always edit/delete you know. 8D
Delete? Nooo, not Clovis! q.q
Errr... xD
The editing might have worked, though. Oh well.

Quote:
But really, liking a guy, that would kill countless people to regain his status?
*shrugs* Works for me.
I mean, I don't care what he did. I'm more interested in the why.
And I think it's just all so sad...
Damn, I should listen to the Sound Drama and go bawling again. xD

Quote:
Hmm, might not be my thing. And same with Nina. A lot of people praise her, for finding the "plan" to cancel her mass-destruction weapon. Really? "Praise?" Peculiar, the way i see it. 8D
It's not like I fangirl Nina... her motives were just too... well, I just can't relate very well there.
But as long as she's changed now - which I believe is the case, even though some people might disagree -, I'm more than happy she lived and didn't get "punished".
I praise her for apparently having finally found her way. Nothing more and nothing less.

Quote:
p,s you are welcome ~ 8D
Must not hug... must not hug...
Old 2009-04-07, 18:45   Link #4207
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
*shrugs* Works for me.
I mean, I don't care what he did. I'm more interested in the why.
And I think it's just all so sad...
Damn, I should listen to the Sound Drama and go bawling again. xD
And? You were satisfied, with his ego-motive? Was there, some general-good that i missed?
Quote:
It's not like I fangirl Nina... her motives were just too... well, I just can't relate very well there.
But as long as she's changed now - which I believe is the case, even though some people might disagree -, I'm more than happy she lived and didn't get "punished".
I praise her for apparently having finally found her way. Nothing more and nothing less.
I honestly, do not get where this is coming from. Was it, the power of "Nunally" Hitomi track, and Nina walking away with a fierce look, that make people think that she did "have a change of heart"? 8D

At any rate, the way i see it, some things are NOT redeemable. And the fact, that Nina did not "choose" to punish herself on her own, after committing such a terrible atrocity, idk. Yeah, extreme example, but still, there is one-self-morality. Whenever justice will not get delivered, we can deliver it on our own. {see one of ZR parameters, about Lelouch and Suzaku}
Suppose, Nina;s principles, allowed her to be alright and smiling in the end. Oh well. :x
Old 2009-04-07, 18:58   Link #4208
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
And? You were satisfied, with his ego-motive? Was there, some general-good that i missed?
Nope, no general-good. Just sad history.
Clovis was not a ruthless person by nature. Both Cornelia and Schneizel agreed that he was "too kind" to rule. He had awesome reasons when he went to Area 11, and I don't think the old Clovis would have considered killing people for such a petty reason.
But that was then. Give someone who despises politics and has lost his purpose in life (the "peace thing" obviously didn't work out) three years as gouverneur of Area 11, surrounded by Britannian nobles, politics and... yeah, I think the lack of other people - people he actually cares about - might actually be the biggest problem. Anyway, create this scenario and you'll get the Clovis we see in the anime.
Lelouch was what was most important to him. I'd take a guess and say that seeing he couldn't even turn his brother's "resting place" into a peaceful one made him stop caring.
Of course, he could just have been more determined, but I always thought Clovis was a very lonely person, and since he believed Lelouch was dead, he just gave up. And it's this tragic and darker side to his character that makes me like him as much as I do, even though he would have been awesome either way.

Quote:
I honestly, do not get where this is coming from. Was it, the power of "Nunally" Hitomi track, and Nina walking away with a fierce look, that make people think that she did "have a change of heart"? 8D
I always thought the whole world changed after Lelouch's death. Sure, they could have given Nina more development, but the fact that they didn't show her throwing sticks at Japanese in the epilogue is enough to give me faith - not to mention her conversation with Lelouch.
I just believe there was a point to it. xD

Quote:
At any rate, the way i see it, some things are NOT redeemable. And the fact, that Nina did not "choose" to punish herself on her own, after committing such a terrible atrocity, idk. Yeah, extreme example, but still, there is one-self-morality. Whenever justice will not get delivered, we can deliver it on our own. {see one of ZR parameters, about Lelouch and Suzaku}
Suppose, Nina;s principles, allowed her to be alright and smiling in the end. Oh well. :x
I'm not one for this "punishing oneself" thing.
It doesn't help anyone. It leads to people like Suzaku, who totally go overboard, and people like Lelouch, who really could have done a lot of good and have a kind heart, yet prefer to end it all due to their "past mistakes".
Not my thing at all.
Old 2009-04-07, 19:06   Link #4209
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Still no translation out for the PD8 ? =(
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 23:38   Link #4210
stardrago

I know that it is a long shot for them to make another season,but how about a non-kanon season; actually for me the story starts out Lelouch(s) parraral self chasing down his enimies in the Code Geass universe; this Lelouch would had lost his memories at age 7 and became an American when being adopted by Tae-Kwon-Do Grandmaster Park and naming him Young(korean name for dragon)...more details in the fanfiction section later on.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:37   Link #4211
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

He's going to teach tae-kwon-do to Lelouch by making him clean his car?
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 01:12   Link #4212
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

the who what what now?

o_o

Also --- I love Nina. For what it's worth. >_> <_<
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 01:39   Link #4213
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
the who what what now?

o_o

Also --- I love Nina. For what it's worth. >_> <_<
Well, she needs as many fans as she can get
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 03:48   Link #4214
Charred Knight

Quote:

I just said, that a lot of people were like "Oh, Nina had a change of heart, how sweet." And i was like "whut whut in the butt" guys? 8D
I mean, the girl was top-notch assassin machine, because of her "Euphemiaaa-revenge". I mean, can it get worse than this? I do not think so. :x
"Change of heart" my ass.

p.s yeah, Lulu, the guy that sets bombs, still being able to apply hairspray and his hands, are like 830493 machines working together. |DD;
Nina makes more sense if you thionk that Ninia only feels bad because she killed 10 million white people.

She still an evil racist
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 07:56   Link #4215
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i have a difernet question
does anyone remebmer a single incident during the entire course of season 2 where an akatsuki unit or a ward unit managed to destroy an enemy KMF
at all
i mean the mass production models, not the vincent or the jikisan types
Old 2009-04-13, 11:42   Link #4216
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i have a difernet question
does anyone remebmer a single incident during the entire course of season 2 where an akatsuki unit or a ward unit managed to destroy an enemy KMF
at all
i mean the mass production models, not the vincent or the jikisan types
The last EP. At the start of it it shows a few akatuski mooks taking out a couple of Wards and a Gareth.

Yep. Thats right. A Gareth. A mech that has hadron cannons ala Gawain and the Modred gets taken out by mooks. WTF?!?!? Doesn't having a death ray grant it the right to rape any non unique unit or named character unit?

I mean couldn't Lelouch just have opened up with massed Gareth fire first in EP 23 before the Ikaruga used their hadron cannons to destroy his aerial forces, cicumventing the need to destroy his ground troops and saving Mt Fuji's eruption as his ace in the hole when Damocles passed over it? Really the Gareths had so much potential(like R2 itself) yet it failed to match it.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 12:30   Link #4217
Xander

I think there's some of that in the China arc too, although I don't really like those episodes overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
The last EP. At the start of it it shows a few akatuski mooks taking out a couple of Wards and a Gareth.

Yep. Thats right. A Gareth. A mech that has hadron cannons ala Gawain and the Modred gets taken out by mooks. WTF?!?!? Doesn't having a death ray grant it the right to rape any non unique unit or named character unit?
The funny thing is that's actually more realistic than the opposite, all things considered. Just because it's an overall superior machine doesn't necessarily mean it should be invulnerable in each and every circumstance, mooks should be able to destroy at least some of them. Of course, you could argue that for all the other super powerful prototypes too, but there it is.

Quote:
I mean couldn't Lelouch just have opened up with massed Gareth fire first in EP 23 before the Ikaruga used their hadron cannons to destroy his aerial forces, cicumventing the need to destroy his ground troops and saving Mt Fuji's eruption as his ace in the hole when Damocles passed over it? Really the Gareths had so much potential(like R2 itself) yet it failed to match it.
That's partially true, I think, but you could also argue otherwise on those same counts. Blowing up Mt. Fuji with Damocles passing over it (if that would even happen, since the thing was actually heading upwards) could have destroyed it and left him without a doomsday weapon he could use to threaten the world into submission at the end of the battle, not to mention possibly killing Nunnally (which he was prepared to do if necessary, but I don't think that was something he actively wanted to happen). If you really want to speculate even further you could even say Lelouch may have intended to wear out Britannia's own forces as much as possible during the conflict itself.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 13:18   Link #4218
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
all he was wearing out was the forces he had in japan
he still had forces all over the entire world

and the point of my original post was that in season 1 even a saterland was a force to be reckoned with
battles were fought with conventional units and depended on actual strategy becouse the avarge britannian MOOK was piloting a stronger machine then the avarage OOBK mook
cornellia almost took down the gawien with her gloceter (she pretty much defeated it, darlton prevented her from killing him)
the lancelot was uber powerful and yet the britanninan army treated it like an over expensive TOY and mostly ignored it while focusing on conventional strategy (by contrast, the guren was a key part of lelouch's plans)
aside from suzaku and kallen everyone else was fighting on the same level of tech (with skill being the only REAL difference)

by contrast season 2 was full of the newer more high tech mass production models who were pretty much a joke for most of the show
its part of why season 2 battles were too much gundam like and less awesome for it
which is a real shame
Old 2009-04-13, 14:38   Link #4219
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
all he was wearing out was the forces he had in japan
he still had forces all over the entire world
Well, he had already freed the Areas and so on, which means not having to directly occupy so many territories...but yes, if you look at it that way, which is why I admit it was a stretch.

Quote:
cornellia almost took down the gawien with her gloceter (she pretty much defeated it, darlton prevented her from killing him)
That's all true, although I seem to remember there was scene during the later episodes of season one where it was mentioned that Cornelia's machine had something installed on it (unless I've confused that with something else). Still, the basic point remains.

Quote:
by contrast season 2 was full of the newer more high tech mass production models who were pretty much a joke for most of the show
its part of why season 2 battles were too much gundam like and less awesome for it
which is a real shame
Because, as we all know, the protagonists were given even more powerful machines so the technological gap became increasingly larger and many of the battles were also shorter in length, which meant having less tactical complexity.

There were still a couple of token examples which served to remind us that grunts could sometimes do something, somehow, despite the overall lack of emphasis or focus on them, but I actually agree with that general criticism. Still, I do like a couple of battles in R2, for whatever that's worth, even if none of them ever came close to Narita, which was the best one in the entire series.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 14:59   Link #4220
azul120

And to think, Narita came down to a stalemate based on one little fluke.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote