AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 13:14   Link #6401
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Read the pair of pure pot's (pun intended! ) skills a little closer, and I found 2 things that might need work:

- Marie's ability to instantly strip barrier defence. Considering how mages usually swear by barriers and barriers alone, isn't this a bit haxx? Not only that underestimating how barriers themselves work?
- Juana's ability to ignore all armor and invulnerable saves in Phasing Dart by simply teleporting into the target like Kuroko. Is there a limit to this phasing ability, or can it 1-shot any living person/thing cored by a living person?
Old 2009-04-12, 13:34   Link #6402
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Just to make sure I get it right: Advance Through Fire and Manuver essentially is bounding overwatch and moving towards the enemy while trading fire & making use of available cover, correct?
Yup, you pretty much got the idea, e.g. One element (or entire fireteam) provides suppressive fire for the next element in the fireteam (or the other fireteams in the squad) to move up, then the latter repeats the favor, and so on. Of course, they don't have to do it going "face to face" with the enemy, a la Gears of War, as obviously, the ideal thing to do is to flank the opposition completely. Granted, the Heavy would be screwed the moment she pops up from out of cover and finds a pair of or even just one "Shotgun" pointing in her face at point blank. Works on the grubs every time, even though it is insane as hell to advance in solo by yourself.

Pray your buddy is actually providing some awesome covering fire, so that when you do get there, a grub does not just flank you by jumping over his piece of cover, advancing, look to his left and - oh, there's a nice GEAR; let's put some rounds into him. Guaranteed to make your day horrible.

Now, there's a lot of other things you can be doing to spice up ATFM. "Grenades". "Smokescreen". "Designated Marksman". "Sniper". Respond with your own "Heavy". Put enough "Fire" down range and she'll be forced to find a new piece of cover. Or just call in for "Air Support" since this chick does not have a lot of mobility.

Again, alone she is not that dangerous, that is she's not anymore deadly than a Grinder or Boomer (both of which are quite fatal to the average grunt standing in the open), but with her partner, ho boy, numbers really don't matter too much. After all, she's got unlimited ammo, and all she has to do is keep shooting up into the sky and let Juana guide the "rockets" in. At that point, it doesn't matter what kind of cover you got, and even tanks are screwed if they take a direct top-down attack, provided the "round" makes it past the tank's AMS coverage. Mounting reactive armor or slats up there might not be a bad idea either, just to increase your survivability.

But, yeah...that's enough theoretical warfighting from me.

Oh, and since Girugamesh brought up the topic...

Quote:
Disruptor Cloud: A skill that usually fires from the upper tube. Upon reaching the target it detonates into a cloud of sparkling disruptive particles, rendering any opposing shields useless almost without any knowledge of the shielding targets, since the shield does not go down. This spell was proven to take down Lambda Fielded Targets and on AMF as well. Usually fired with the a normal lower tube shot for the complete effect of disrupt-destroy.
Honestly, looking at it... It's not OP at all. If anything, it's really just a man-made AMF "smoke"screen mortar. All you'd have to do is just move out of the affected area and your Barriers will continue working just fine. Alternatively, if you know what principle this disruptor cloud works on, an appropriate counter can be developed too. And honestly, Marie won't fire her follow up shot immediately, since she has to wait a few precious seconds for the cloud to disperse out into optimal volume, not as big an issue in enclosed spaces, but in an open air environment, this tactic will only work once.

Oh, and in its present form, the disruptor cloud is virtually useless against Aerial Mages or Mages who have instant movement spells. All you have to do is haul jets. That said, if you're big, slow, and dumb. Yeah, you're about to have a long day in the emergency room.

Last edited by JamesEdwards; 2009-04-12 at 13:53.
JamesEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 15:09   Link #6403
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Yup, you pretty much got the idea, e.g. One element (or entire fireteam) provides suppressive fire for the next element in the fireteam (or the other fireteams in the squad) to move up, then the latter repeats the favor, and so on. Of course, they don't have to do it going "face to face" with the enemy, a la Gears of War, as obviously, the ideal thing to do is to flank the opposition completely. Granted, the Heavy would be screwed the moment she pops up from out of cover and finds a pair of or even just one "Shotgun" pointing in her face at point blank. Works on the grubs every time, even though it is insane as hell to advance in solo by yourself.
*nods*

Pretty much what I try to do in online "multiplayer" for COD4, although given the fact that somehow I always end up in team deathmatches which devolve into every man for himself... Assault Platoon (consisting of two 5-man squads - yeah, they're really fireteams, but the vote was made and Squad sounded cooler than Team to the grunts, so they went with that) typically does that.

...what sometimes also happens is Franz acting as a distraction and advancing alone to allow his platoon to flank and surround. Erick has noted that he has a tendancy to flank and surround alot...

Quote:
Pray your buddy is actually providing some awesome covering fire, so that when you do get there, a grub does not just flank you by jumping over his piece of cover, advancing, look to his left and - oh, there's a nice GEAR; let's put some rounds into him. Guaranteed to make your day horrible.
The OFM have to train alot to make sure that this doesn't happen to them. Given what we see of TSAB tactics... it's very, very easy for an OFM grunt to fall into a feeling of superiority. Which is not something you want when you're a B-rank guy who's OPFOR against a bunch of C, B and A-ranked magical girls, in a universe where girls >> guys...

On the other hand, generally this isn't really much of an issue for Bravo Squad, since they have Johnson and Master Chief. Johnson supports and Chief assaults and the rest of Bravo picks up the bodies and carries their ammo. (on the other hand, except AA-ranked Johnson and almost-A-ranked Leo Kozlov, everyone else in Bravo is B-ranked. Even Chief. But then, does he really need magic?)

Quote:
Now, there's a lot of other things you can be doing to spice up ATFM. "Grenades". "Smokescreen". "Designated Marksman". "Sniper". Respond with your own "Heavy". Put enough "Fire" down range and she'll be forced to find a new piece of cover. Or just call in for "Air Support" since this chick does not have a lot of mobility.
Yep, that's what I was thinking as well.... 'cept the OFM use actual grenades - and the Air Wing girls are intended to be human little birds (yep, the OFM does the MAGTF of the micro scale. AP to AW is like Delta to 160 SOAR. Only with the occasional upskirt ). Hmmm.

Hmmmm.... something that's made me think: why the heck do I have my guys using normal grenades (smoke/flash/wp) when we can do magical equivalents? Baka. *facepalm*

...right, cultural issues... (and the fact that I was playing Rainbow Six Vegas and SOCOM Tactical Strike at the time...)

*me cackles as he recalls his rewrite of the ep where the Numbers first showed up: the box that Tre opens isn't empty, buts a primed CS/itching gas grenade. (The original draft was a frag or a WP, but I was talked out of it after it was pointed out to me that that would turn the people in the area into red smears. And given that we need the Numbers, especially in those smooooooth, sexy bodygloves that accentuate sensations when rubbed... sorry, that was the Eva plugsuit in Higher Learning...). Well, either that or a flashbang; the purpose of that grenade left behind by Leo Kozlov is just as a parting shot, to add insult to injury. (My rewrite for that ep also involves artillery spotting and Leo calling in CAS and lasing targets for Naomi and her partner Kris, while Taufan shows the Nano cast that snipers can actually kick ass, not just support).

Quote:
Again, alone she is not that dangerous, that is she's not anymore deadly than a Grinder or Boomer (both of which are quite fatal to the average grunt standing in the open), but with her partner, ho boy, numbers really don't matter too much. After all, she's got unlimited ammo, and all she has to do is keep shooting up into the sky and let Juana guide the "rockets" in. At that point, it doesn't matter what kind of cover you got, and even tanks are screwed if they take a direct top-down attack, provided the "round" makes it past the tank's AMS coverage. Mounting reactive armor or slats up there might not be a bad idea either, just to increase your survivability.
True, there is that - but then that's where the various aspects of Magic Spectrum Warfare come into play; EW mages working off magic emissions to try and pinpoint the target, sniper teams looking to find her and of course, the hotblooded CO who willingly makes himself a distraction and a target, in violation of god knows how much doctrine, in order to ensure that she's taken out...

Magic Spectrum Warfare.
Sounds like a winning title for something at least...

A Study in Adaptation of Conventional Arms Infantry Tactics to Magical Spectrum Warfare, by Sgt Naomi Jaeger, final exam thesis, TSAB Officer Candidate School, MC0077.

Quote:
But, yeah...that's enough theoretical warfighting from me.
You went to SOI, right? Even if what you got is theoretical, it's fuckloads above me who only can halfass in FPS games and reading lots of books.

Quote:
Honestly, looking at it... It's not OP at all. If anything, it's really just a man-made AMF "smoke"screen mortar. All you'd have to do is just move out of the affected area and your Barriers will continue working just fine. Alternatively, if you know what principle this disruptor cloud works on, an appropriate counter can be developed too. And honestly, Marie won't fire her follow up shot immediately, since she has to wait a few precious seconds for the cloud to disperse out into optimal volume, not as big an issue in enclosed spaces, but in an open air environment, this tactic will only work once.

Oh, and in its present form, the disruptor cloud is virtually useless against Aerial Mages or Mages who have instant movement spells. All you have to do is haul jets. That said, if you're big, slow, and dumb. Yeah, you're about to have a long day in the emergency room.
Not to mention the fact that she can't keep firing "smoke" forever; check this page. http://www.v-ctc.com/v-ctc/expert_solution.htm While it's a simulation, it is rather instructive and edifying... besides, every round of smoke she fires is one less round that can hurt the enemy, and ties her up for a while: when she fires "smoke", the enemy advances, covered by her smoke. Course it's up to her spotter to help protect her...

...only thing I felt a little disappointed about was that the disrupt spell doesn't actually disrupt the barrier jacket. That would have been awesome.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2009-04-12 at 15:21.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 15:43   Link #6404
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
...only thing I felt a little disappointed about was that the disrupt spell doesn't actually disrupt the barrier jacket. That would have been awesome.
Oh yes, heaven forbid we have your army of stripper-guns parading around the galaxy...
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:00   Link #6405
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

We can just make the numbers bodyglove standard issue, along with miniskirts as standard issue.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-04-12, 16:09   Link #6406
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Suddenly, I feel a little disappointed that basic tactical doctrine in Enforcer-verse makes it mandatory to still wear basic body armor when in a "field environment", underneath your barrier jacket. Can you imagine the sexiness that would result from something like Negi Springfield's legendary sneeze, under those-

*A KNIFE suddenly "sprouts" from J-Easy's forehead. WRYYYYYYYY!*
Old 2009-04-12, 16:37   Link #6407
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Body armor would still chafe, so at the least they'd still be wearing underwear with the body armor, at least so that the sensitive parts don't hurt. On the other hand body armor + bra & panties + nothing else (or maybe thigh socks, can't go wrong with zettai ryouiki, it always makes things better) = hot.

*looks up and sees orbiting AC-130* Aw crap.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-04-12, 16:47   Link #6408
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
We can just make the numbers bodyglove standard issue, along with miniskirts as standard issue.
Good thing you aren't a fashion designer...

Quote:
Suddenly, I feel a little disappointed that basic tactical doctrine in Enforcer-verse makes it mandatory to still wear basic body armor when in a "field environment", underneath your barrier jacket. Can you imagine the sexiness that would result from something like Negi Springfield's legendary sneeze, under those-

*A KNIFE suddenly "sprouts" from J-Easy's forehead. WRYYYYYYYY!*
Let's not get ahead of ourselves; barrier jackets are so full of convenient contradictions that any attempt by us to make it work fails. Likewise, any attempt to make them fail will also fail, because the convenient contradictions then come to their defence by making sure we do not know exactly how they work.

Hence why I'm allergic to prepositions that forcefields and jackets can be bypassed easily, simply because we cannot agree how they work and therefore cannot agree how they can fail.

On another note, its rather evident that BJs are multi-layered defences. It is only proper to mix summoned components with solid magically-reinforced physical components as well. Thus we have people like Vice who don't even have a magic suit but instead the latter kind. For a extreme example, we have OCs, especially the mechanoids, who carry around their armor in hammerspace and summon them into the material realm while they themselves unison into the armor, the true-blue self-motile armor that due to its 3 meter tall girth can be considered a proper suit.
Old 2009-04-12, 22:01   Link #6409
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Body armor would still chafe, so at the least they'd still be wearing underwear with the body armor, at least so that the sensitive parts don't hurt. On the other hand body armor + bra & panties + nothing else (or maybe thigh socks, can't go wrong with zettai ryouiki, it always makes things better) = hot.

*looks up and sees orbiting AC-130* Aw crap.
"Gurney!"

"GURNEY!"

*THUMP-CLANK*
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:36   Link #6410
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Actually, we do know one thing that can cause BJs to fail: magic damage. Soak up enough magic damage and you can burn a BJ away - notice how the edges of Fae's BJ were melting away when she tanked Nanoha's Starlight Breaker?

...oh, and apparently as according to Megami scans, it's possible to henshin and then castoff BJ components while still remaining henshined.....<.<

*calls in friendly air to take out the AC-130 and evac. Informed that friendly air will be ETA 5 hours from now*

Aw, fuck.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-04-13, 01:24   Link #6411
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
*peeks in* Well I'm posting something >.> please be kind orz

It's a little thing to introduce an OC I've been working on as well with a few concepts of ShinyVerse (excuse I have to laugh at my own verse name) ancient belka. It has no title at the moment though.

Spoiler for Untitled:

Spoiler for Notes:

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2009-04-13 at 12:39.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 09:20   Link #6412
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIMA

SANJOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ehem*
Welcome back.

Quote:
No objection on killing here... Mai has killed/tortured/driven mad her fair share of people during her 'Hell Girl' days... and that was starting at 10 years old. While her TSAB training days would indoctrinate the "capture-first kill-if-necessary" policy into her, she wouldn't have a problem literally sending someone to hell if the occassion calls for it.

Also, while Mai isn't actually a stranger to criminal underworlds and the like (so many of her clients have been wronged by the Yakuza or some other criminal organization one way or another), her actual perception of them is still on the "naive" side, given that she never bothered to look at them other than targets for assassination, and hence she doesn't quite know the more... intricate politics of the underworld, and the repurcussions that upsetting the balance of power and the lack of intelligence on said repurcussions would get her. Hence, the need for Eden's expertise on said matters, since unfortunately Mai is the kind of person who, while subtle in her technique, is less than so in her actual intent: She's the kick-their-asses-first-then-worry-about-the-fallout later kinda girl, which would be bad for a covert investigation
Yes it would. Luckily, Eden is there to help. Having a hell-girl walking around destroying her information network is not her idea of productivity.

Quote:
And said scientist will have a bit of an ego, hence once he acquires Venti and commences his successful assassination runs he'll tend to leave a signature or a mark behind, advertising that his alter ego was the one who just crushed your criminal empire.

He's neither old or cranky though... kinda imagine him being this type of guy for some reason...

Spoiler:

Ooooh, yes that would make for a fine opponent indeed.

Quote:
Capt. Eric Lodge: Yes, tea is very good... wouldn't you agree Sal?
Aide: He's Prime Minister Salvator Principe Aquitos to you, not Sal!
Sal: Quiet, you're ruining our enjoyment of the tea. More, Madam Erica?
Capt. Lodge: Why thank you Now about that embargo...

*ehem*

Sorry for the confusing unintroduced OC insert there... Will be making a full intro on the Captain of the starship Exousia soon, in accordance with her presence in the Perfect Grade Profile...
Looking forward to it.

Quote:
That's a nice gun there, even though the design of that silver bar on top of the trigger kinda threw my perspective of it for a loop (like it had it's trigger hanging off the side of the gun or something)

Can't wait to see the shop
Working on it now.

Quote:
Aaaah "mandatory repairs", the best way to get even the most stubborn cyborg to come home with you And Eden will like Mos Eisley then I take it... lots of target practice there

Also, she's looking very cool, badass and lovely in that image, well done
Well, this scene was based on the Mos Eisley scene after all. Couldn't resist, it's a perfect moment of anti-hero badassery, and also shows how much Eden dances between light and darkness.

Next chapter will be more light-hearted, as Eden goes to meet her new sisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
And Just dropping this before I focus more on a lol project outside of the Nanoverse.
Oh? What project is that?

Quote:
Spoiler for Special Missile Squad A: Launcher: Marie:

Spoiler for Special Missile Squad B: Spotter: Juana:
Those designs are just especially Juana. And her lines under the image are priceless.

Quote:
Disruptor Cloud: A skill that usually fires from the upper tube. Upon reaching the target it detonates into a cloud of sparkling disruptive particles, rendering any opposing shields useless almost without any knowledge of the shielding targets, since the shield does not go down. This spell was proven to take down Lambda Fielded Targets and on AMF as well. Usually fired with the a normal lower tube shot for the complete effect of disrupt-destroy.
I'm somewhat concerned about this skill as well. The last line especially suggests that this is a one-shot-kill weapon for all mages. What are the limits? Would a more powerful barrier take more time to be disrupted? Even the Aces are easy kills without their barriers.

Quote:
V.B.A.S.: Stands for Variable Ballistic Action Spell/Skill. Basically this a high level shooting control skill that controls any allied magical shot/s as they head towards the target/s- with the consent of the originating mage. The details of this spell/skill are rather vague, but reports say that it controls the shots in ways "normal magic shots can't do".
More out of curiosity then balance, but since we've seen magic shots make sharp turns and even direct 180's, how would this shot be controlled in a way normal shots can't?

Quote:
Phasing Dart: A Bolt that on command, can pass thru certain objects, enabling to hit targets behind multiple layers of items.
I guess Barrier Jackets are exempt from this? Would make it a rather overpowered shot otherwise...

Quote:
Spoiler for spell list:
A lot of these spells are very interesting... would you mind if I put the idea of the bolts spells and crossbow device on my list as a possible new magic style and Device for Syn? Or maybe the missile launcher idea... that would fit with Syn's fascination for mechanics...

Well, I guess that tells you how much I like these ideas.

Quote:
@SaintX:

Well, seems perfectly solid to me, though just one question, and this one has been bugging me for a while now...

What's the explanation behind dual-wielding devices? Is it normal to be able to use two devices simultaneously? Or is it usually a case of switching off on one and another?

Take Juana, for example, can she just flip down Plantir over her eyes, effectively, put it into active mode, and still fire an aimed shot from Xevious? Or would it be too much of a strain for her by normal standards?
Dual wielding Devices is like using two pieces of equipment. It's perfectly possible and even advisable if the equipment compliment each other. Subaru uses two Devices, Mach Calibur and Revolver Knuckle. Hayate uses two as well, Schwertkruez and Yaten no Sho, and you can even count three if you include Rein.

Therefore I don't think it will cause any undue stress on Juana to use both at the same time, as we haven't seen any case of using two different devices being more difficult then one.

Quote:
Oh, and yeah, Juana is definitely the one I'm watching out for. Marie's nowhere near as dangerous when she's alone.
Dunno, in shooters the guy with the missile launcher is as deadly as the guy with the sniper. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
-snip
[/SPOILER]

Spoiler for Notes:
Well, so far you've been messing around in Ancient Belkan times, and the advantage of Ancient Belka is that we don't know anything about it, so it's hard to go against canon. Even though I have my doubts Belka was patriarchal, that would be my personal opinion rather then canon, so there are no problems there.

Looking forward to the full profile.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-04-13 at 09:56.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 10:55   Link #6413
Liingo
Love Hina?

A return to semi-active posting, I think.

Well when I find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Double post. I know. But with actual writing, so it's a good thing.

Spoiler for When off duty...:
I was expecting a lightsabre but that's fine as well I guess.
Quote:
Spoiler for Some minor corrections:
Spoiler for Some minor corrections:

Quote:
Spoiler for Special Missile Squad A: Launcher: Marie:

Spoiler for Special Missile Squad B: Spotter: Juana:

Spoiler for Combined History:
Things look fine for both OC's. Just one questions though,
Quote:
Often on ChOp with other units.
When you say ChOp, what exactly do you mean? (Sorry if this was covered before)
Quote:

It's a little thing to introduce an OC I've been working on as well with a few concepts of ShinyVerse (excuse I have to laugh at my own verse name) ancient belka. It has no title at the moment though.

Spoiler for Untitled:
Spoiler for Things that you may or may not wish to change:

Quote:
Spoiler for Notes:
Couldn't see anything that was contradictory to canon, but there are others who know much more than I do.

Interesting work though. I'll have to dig through the FF thread someday to find the continuity that this is related to.

-liingo
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 11:12   Link #6414
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
A return to semi-active posting, I think.

Well when I find the time.
Welcome back.

Quote:
I was expecting a lightsabre but that's fine as well I guess.

Eden:
What would I want a glow-stick for? I've got a blaster.

Quote:
-> and
-> off
*scribble scribble* Corrections made, thanks.

Quote:
Just a questions, what's the 'nearly' for in this sentence?
A typo, sentence should have been "so they lay low and don’t nearly advertise their presence as much."

Is that better?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 11:15   Link #6415
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Photophobia... Phonophobia... Disorientation... Whee what a wonderful day of migraine it has been.

I actually wanted to post something, but I clean forgot what I wanted to say. Doesn't help that exams are coming... Maybe I should go back to sleep...
Old 2009-04-13, 11:34   Link #6416
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Isn't Fumoffu that high-school spinoff?
Not so much a spin-off but more like the crazy, wacky stuff they couldn't get into the first series (and due to the success some of the Fumoffu humor was brought into TSR).

Quote:
Double post. I know. But with actual writing, so it's a good thing.

Spoiler for When off duty...:
Yes, actual writing is a good thing .
Infiltration line, huh? This could prove most interesting in future missions I would think...

Quote:

Spoiler for Untitled:
So somebody is taking a step into Outer Cadia, huh?
Interesting character (and another that was transcended time). Interesting nickname. I wonder where ever did you get the idea
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 12:43   Link #6417
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Spoiler for Things that you may or may not wish to change:
Ah thanks for all that.
Spoiler for Things and stuff:

So corrections made from both Liingo and Tempest.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:33   Link #6418
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Welcome back.
It's good to be back.

Quote:

Eden:
But glow stick's block blasters. well most of the time

Quote:
A typo, sentence should have been "so they lay low and don’t nearly advertise their presence as much."

Is that better?
IMO, I don't see the point of having the 'nearly' there in the new sentence either. It isn't adding anything to my interpretation of the sentence, that they want to stay out of sight and thus are not flaunting their goods on the open market.
Quote:
Ah thanks for all that.
Spoiler for Things and stuff:

So corrections made from both Liingo and Tempest.
I'll wait for the profile. As I said last night, there isn't really much difference between addressing someone as master or mistress.

Ahh misssed one thing.
Quote:
minuet teacher insulted one of the empire's “holy” former leaders.
-> minute. Unless of course your intention is to describe Kaon as a stately dance from the 16th/17th century in 3/4 time.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:57   Link #6419
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:

Eden:
Unfortunately, as the more medically minded of us know only too well, this particular item is notorious as the primary infective vector of a crippling and disabling Malady known as 'Stormtrooper Syndrome'

As a result of which, by using such an implement, Eden now has about as much chance of hitting a target as a blind man (shut up, Noland...). Who's Facing the wrong way. In a pitch black room. At midnight. Suffering from severe hand cramps. After smoking crack. And taking LSD. While Drunk. And on Fire....

* IS NOT SHOT*

I rest my case...
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 21:02   Link #6420
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Unfortunately, as the more medically minded of us know only too well, this particular item is notorious as the primary infective vector of a crippling and disabling Malady known as 'Stormtrooper Syndrome'

As a result of which, by using such an implement, Eden now has about as much chance of hitting a target as a blind man (shut up, Noland...). Who's Facing the wrong way. In a pitch black room. At midnight. Suffering from severe hand cramps. After smoking crack. And taking LSD. While Drunk. And on Fire....

* IS NOT SHOT*

I rest my case...
*Calls in for an Orbital Bombardment from an Interdictor-class Sith Destroyer.*

Well, blasters miss, but that's why we use TURBOLASERS. A bigger gun always solves the prob-

*Is caught in the ensuing Dies Irae too.*

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content