AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-05-13, 12:57   Link #181
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Considering how the 00 Raiser was getting utterly thrashed in the final episode even when it did regain its particles, and how in the end it was the pilot and not the machine who beat Mr. Bushido, I'm not sure that's a valid argument. Turn A had one peer competitor, while the 00 Raiser had two, and one of them didn't even have a twin drive.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 16:09   Link #182
elindir
Overreacher

Yesterday I stated watching Turn A Gundam. Is it just me, or something is wrong with the narrative in the first episode? We can see Loran and his two friends landing on Earth, but the next thing that happens is tha he is attacked by a dog. We can't see his journey at all. Then he is saved, and in the next scene he behaves like he knows all the people around him.
Old 2009-05-17, 17:11   Link #183
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
Yesterday I stated watching Turn A Gundam. Is it just me, or something is wrong with the narrative in the first episode? We can see Loran and his two friends landing on Earth, but the next thing that happens is tha he is attacked by a dog. We can't see his journey at all. Then he is saved, and in the next scene he behaves like he knows all the people around him.
That's the thing, his journey has only just begun. What you're seeing is basically a mini time jump between the start of his job to the current time. I found that it was easy to follow, though it must not be like that for everyone watching.
Old 2009-05-18, 04:10   Link #184
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's the thing, his journey has only just begun. What you're seeing is basically a mini time jump between the start of his job to the current time. I found that it was easy to follow, though it must not be like that for everyone watching.
Yeah, it's easy to follow, but for me it's a bit disapponting. What happened to him on his journey before he was attacked by the wolf is not so important, but I wish the creators would have shown how he introduced himself to Sochie, Kihel and the others.
Old 2009-05-18, 16:26   Link #185
Duo Himura

Didn't he get swept past them while all three parties were naked in a river?

I think we can all pretty much figure out how that introduction went.
Duo Himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 03:54   Link #186
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Himura View Post
Didn't he get swept past them while all three parties were naked in a river?

I think we can all pretty much figure out how that introduction went.
Yeah, but the point is that it is not shown. To me the first episode seems a but confusing at times.
Old 2009-05-19, 04:01   Link #187
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, I've never heard of anyone having a problem with this, so if you asked whether its just yourself, the answer is yes

Just don't let the little bit bother you as you watch the rest of the show.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 04:32   Link #188
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well, I've never heard of anyone having a problem with this, so if you asked whether its just yourself, the answer is yes

Just don't let the little bit bother you as you watch the rest of the show.
Although it doesn't seem so, I'm already over it. I've watched the first ten episode, and I like the show. Surprisingly this era and the whole setting don't disturb me at all, neither do the mobile suits. It's nice to see something new. I like the Whitedoll, as well, it's simply gorgeous. Those curves! xD
Old 2009-05-19, 04:43   Link #189
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Great to know you like White Doll, its really a beautiful design.

Syd Mead turned the over used basic design of Gundam and gave it a totally new look, its really a wonderful redesign of Gundam. Aesthetically beautiful and completely unique in all Gundams, no other Gundam was ever bold enough to carry a mustache.

Character interaction in Turn A is really the best in all Gundam. The 2 very different atmospheres of an old and a futuristic civilisation clashes but combines to form a seamless romantic atmosphere.

Old 2009-05-19, 06:02   Link #190
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Great to know you like White Doll, its really a beautiful design.

Syd Mead turned the over used basic design of Gundam and gave it a totally new look, its really a wonderful redesign of Gundam. Aesthetically beautiful and completely unique in all Gundams, no other Gundam was ever bold enough to carry a mustache.

Character interaction in Turn A is really the best in all Gundam. The 2 very different atmospheres of an old and a futuristic civilisation clashes but combines to form a seamless romantic atmosphere.
The difference is quite striking if you look at other Gundam units, such as the RX-87-02, but fortunately there are some similarities, as well. For instance, the colours are the some, and the Whitedoll mimics the basic characteristics of Amuro's first Gundam in general, I think. It must be a tribute, which is always nice to see.

I remember when I first see this unit a couple of months ago. At first, I was a bit offended, but then (when I took a closer look at it) I realized that the designer did a great job. The details are beautiful and the overall design is revolutionary when compared to the other Gundam series.

I also like the atmosphere of the show. This turn of the 19th and 20th century world is unique, and the arrival of the highly-developed people of the Moonrace made it only more so.
Old 2009-05-19, 06:10   Link #191
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's good to hear positive thoughts from you elindir regarding this show. Personally Turn A Gundam is one of the greatest shows i've ever had the pleasure to experience, and it brings a smile to my face reading your thoughts. C.A. is also spot on, no other show in the franchise can compare to Turn A Gundam in terms of character interaction.

I really should give this gem another rewatch at some point.
Old 2009-05-19, 06:55   Link #192
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
It's good to hear positive thoughts from you elindir regarding this show. Personally Turn A Gundam is one of the greatest shows i've ever had the pleasure to experience, and it brings a smile to my face reading your thoughts. C.A. is also spot on, no other show in the franchise can compare to Turn A Gundam in terms of character interaction.

Thanks, mate (and by the way, thank you C.A., as well). I heard that some Gundam fans don't like Turn A at all. I understand their problem because the setting is completely different from what we have known previously, and the signature mobile suits is different, as well. However, (although I have not finished the show yet) I think it is the difference which makes this series unique and fun to watch.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:34   Link #193
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I just started watching it again about a month ago, since playing Loran in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 made me want to give it another watch. It truly is one of my favorite of the entire Gundam franchise.

In my opinion there is no other Gundam series that rivals the originality and ingenuity of Turn A. Everything from the mobile suit designs to the music is great. I hear a lot of complaining about the design of the Turn A gundam, but I can't help but applaud the unique design. I heard a statement from someone once that the design of the Turn A mimicks the unorthodox attributes of the show and now that I'm watching it again, I totally agree. There is great authentic character behavior/development in this show. A lot of people may be turned off due to the lack colossal battles or high body count, but thats not all what Gundam is about or should be about. Characters have always been big to Gundam series and Turn A has some fantastic characters (although there are a few that come across me as pointless). And of course the story is excellent and drives the anime.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:00   Link #194
Kikuchi

I think other people have mentionned it (I'd be surprised if no one did) but one of the thing that made me LOVE the Turn-A was the way its abilities were uncovered little by little, as if we were learning the secrets of that new toy we got.

Every moment I saw Loran do a new trick with it was simply magical and I'm REALLY glad I watched the series before seeing the Turn A in action in games.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:51   Link #195
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Loran himself could teach Domon and Argo some beam saber and hammer tricks, he's a genius with both weapons. His creativity and resourcefulness is unrivaled by anyone in Gundam, even Amuro could learn something from him.

On top of that, Loran had a clear vision and goal from the start, uniting the Earth and Moonraces together and bringing peace to both. He was never shaken from this path that he fought for and never had once found himself stuck with someone else's view on the war. He was right from the start and was able to convince others to believe in him.

You'd never know that such a cute, pretty face like him could be so determined and strong willed. Tieria may be the prettiest face of Gundam, Loran is still cuter lol

Old 2009-06-11, 15:05   Link #196
elindir
Overreacher

I have just finished Turn A Gundam. I consider this anime a masterpiece, it's simply fantastic. Unique world, great plot and characters, beautiful soundtrack, and the numerous homages; these are the strengths of this show.
Old 2009-06-11, 18:34   Link #197
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I have just finished Turn A Gundam. I consider this anime a masterpiece, it's simply fantastic. Unique world, great plot and characters, beautiful soundtrack, and the numerous homages; these are the strengths of this show.
I love it when people praise Turn A Gundam like this. It's personally one of my favorite shows, and easily by favorite in the franchise, so it's always good for more people to experience this one of a kind show.

I just started rewatching it the other day, and oh boy it's a whole new treat.
Old 2009-06-12, 01:32   Link #198
elindir
Overreacher

I have a question:

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-12, 01:52   Link #199
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I have a question:

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Turn A is truly a great story, shame on those who couldn't get past a mustache.

Old 2009-06-12, 02:24   Link #200
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

What about the ending? What did you think about the pairings?