Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 22:23   Link #861
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
When a loli appears as a final boss, you know you're ****ed.
QFT! especially if they are wearing something out of the ordinary
Old 2009-05-20, 22:23   Link #862
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
You just reminded me of Kaioshin Sama's list of 20 Most Ass Kicking, Crotch Stomping Badass Lolis on his blog.
http://en.wordpress.com/tag/top-20-lolidom/
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 22:36   Link #863
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Especially if the game is made by Cave.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 00:03   Link #864
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

BTW, so is Nodoka (still) the only person who knows Saki's motivations and the fact that Teru is Saki's sister? The first I can understand as it does seem sort of personal and not likely to come up in conversation.

However, on family relations, it just seems weird that no one's put two and two together. I mean, if Teru is already considered a contender for the national high school mahjong title, people would have to know her name, right?

Fujita-pro even mentions Teru by name when she talks about the players loved by the tiles (heart of the tiles! heart of the tiles! ), yet no one seems to link the two. Granted, the two don't look all that similar, esp. since Teru seems to have pink hair... but two strong mahjong players with the same last name?

OTH, I can't wait for a wider reveal and the inevitable reactions.

"Oh, who are you aiming for?"
"My older sister Teru."
"Oh Teru, is she a conten -- TERU?!"
Old 2009-05-21, 01:01   Link #865
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
BTW, so is Nodoka (still) the only person who knows Saki's motivations and the fact that Teru is Saki's sister? The first I can understand as it does seem sort of personal and not likely to come up in conversation.

However, on family relations, it just seems weird that no one's put two and two together. I mean, if Teru is already considered a contender for the national high school mahjong title, people would have to know her name, right?

Fujita-pro even mentions Teru by name when she talks about the players loved by the tiles (heart of the tiles! heart of the tiles! ), yet no one seems to link the two. Granted, the two don't look all that similar, esp. since Teru seems to have pink hair... but two strong mahjong players with the same last name?

OTH, I can't wait for a wider reveal and the inevitable reactions.

"Oh, who are you aiming for?"
"My older sister Teru."
"Oh Teru, is she a conten -- TERU?!"
The thing is Saki and Teru live really far apart. Teru plays for a Tokyo metro high school (I think the name was on the magazine profile in an earlier ep). Saki lives out in the boondocks at Kiyosumi.

Siblings being split apart like that are not common in Japan, but last names most certainly are. It's not surprising that people wouldn't even consider a relation... That is, until they feel her "aura" or see her play.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 04:45   Link #866
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

No manga spoilers Kimura sensei, though it's a bit too late now because you've just spoiled it for me.

Please delete or spoiler tag your post.
Old 2009-05-21, 05:04   Link #867
FateAnomaly

Hm? Which information is a spoiler?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 06:46   Link #868
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Talking about future events of the series.
Old 2009-05-21, 07:38   Link #869
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Also, I have just read until chapter 18. Desu girl is awesome. Only one of the groups is going to the finals?
I sort of want the 3 schools to pass.
Mwhahahaha. you've seen nothing

Last edited by Proto; 2009-05-21 at 07:53.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 07:58   Link #870
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Manga talk shouldn't even be in this thread to begin with.
Old 2009-05-21, 08:41   Link #871
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Manga readers seem to not be able to help themselves. Topic bans for spoiler manga people.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 10:56   Link #872
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No manga spoilers Kimura sensei, though it's a bit too late now because you've just spoiled it for me.

Please delete or spoiler tag your post.
I said no spoilers
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 12:10   Link #873
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
I said no spoilers
You're talking about future events. Even still, like i said no manga talk is allowed in the anime thread.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:23   Link #874
4Tran

I'm going to leave the spoiler-tagged posts alone for now, but ideally, there shouldn't be any discussion about material outside of what's been shown in the anime in this thread, not even in spoilers. Any posts like "I hope that X happens in the anime like it does in the manga" are better for the manga thread than here.

Having said that, Saki is a show that uses really old-fashioned sports anime storytelling. It's almost as obvious how things will shape up here as it is in something like Cross Game. Under these conditions, it's not difficult at all for predictions to be very accurate, even for non-manga readers like myself. It's really obvious that Saki will make it to the Nationals, and who she'll end up facing there. It's so obvious that I half-expect this matchup to be prominent in the second OP. Still, it'd be better if manga readers were to be a little more courteous.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:45   Link #875
Proto

Quote:
It's really obvious that Saki will make it to the Nationals, and who she'll end up facing there.
NOOOOOOOOOOO. Don't break my illusions and wishful thinking D:
Old 2009-05-21, 14:16   Link #876
itisjustme

Are you hoping Koromo takes it and steals the main character spot? =P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 14:17   Link #877
Proto

Nay, I'm the oddball rooting for Tsuruga Academy. You know, the misterious secondary character craze and all that.
Old 2009-05-21, 14:56   Link #878
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm going to leave the spoiler-tagged posts alone for now, but ideally, there shouldn't be any discussion about material outside of what's been shown in the anime in this thread, not even in spoilers. Any posts like "I hope that X happens in the anime like it does in the manga" are better for the manga thread than here.

Having said that, Saki is a show that uses really old-fashioned sports anime storytelling. It's almost as obvious how things will shape up here as it is in something like Cross Game. Under these conditions, it's not difficult at all for predictions to be very accurate, even for non-manga readers like myself. It's really obvious that Saki will make it to the Nationals, and who she'll end up facing there. It's so obvious that I half-expect this matchup to be prominent in the second OP. Still, it'd be better if manga readers were to be a little more courteous.
Yeah, since Teru's a third year, Saki has to go to the nationals this year. Plus, the president's also a third year, so they'll no doubt win the team tournament. What I wonder is what they'll do with Koromo. It seems too early to eliminate her, with all that build-up. Maybe there are several spots for individuals to take, and she'll get one? (Along with Saki and Penguin Girl, I guess.)
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 15:06   Link #879
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, since Teru's a third year, Saki has to go to the nationals this year. Plus, the president's also a third year, so they'll no doubt win the team tournament. What I wonder is what they'll do with Koromo. It seems too early to eliminate her, with all that build-up. Maybe there are several spots for individuals to take, and she'll get one? (Along with Saki and Penguin Girl, I guess.)
They mentioned earlier in the anime that there's both a team and individual tournament for mahjong. I bet Koromo, Kazekoshi Geass Girl, and several others are too good to lose in the district individual tournaments so that they'll still go to nationals, just not as part of a team.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:08   Link #880
Proto

Well... it would be cool if they made a Saki-Nodoka-Koromo-Mihoko-Yumi 5 man team, but that wouldn't be a school tourney anymore.

Then again there's always the possibility of they making a singles tournaments instead of a team one as they mentinoed earlier in the series, but even the manga hasn't gone that far.

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen