AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 12:47   Link #401
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Notice that Past!Yuki passed a finger on the card. The way I see it, Present!Yuki embedded a message on the card that Past!Yuki could understand.
yes, it had something akin to a barcode on it. she used something like that in the disappearance of haruhi also.

Then Yuki downloaded her future self so that she was the exact same person who had given Kyon the bookmark earlier the same day (same day from Kyon and Miku's POV).
Old 2009-05-23, 13:20   Link #402
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I was reinforcing what you said, Baka Trio #3
The fact I changed my title doesn't mean I'm no longer #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
If it were just up to Yuki, her knowledge that she was still going to be around until at least July 7 may have offered an explanation for not doing anything, but the fact that the Data Overmind (which knows everything she does, and more) is upset because it can't resolve the situation tells you that she couldn't.
Actually, there's a strong possibility that the Data Overmind doesn't know everything Nagato does. However, going any further into detail would be spoilers for future episodes, which isn't allowed
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-23, 14:20   Link #403
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
yes, it had something akin to a barcode on it. she used something like that in the disappearance of haruhi also.

Then Yuki downloaded her future self so that she was the exact same person who had given Kyon the bookmark earlier the same day (same day from Kyon and Miku's POV).
I wonder if the synchronization was reversed after Kyon was frozen? If not, than we have yuki getting infinitely 'older' in the loop, no that that's a problem.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:29   Link #404
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
I wonder if the synchronization was reversed after Kyon was frozen? If not, than we have yuki getting infinitely 'older' in the loop, no that that's a problem.
I hope this does not evolve into Locke/Richard compass endless loop ... erm, I meant discussion
Old 2009-05-23, 16:06   Link #405
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
I regret that I read the novel, if I knew 2nd season was coming, I wouldn't have...
Old 2009-05-23, 17:01   Link #406
eternal_bliss

Wow, I didn't even know about this until I stumbled upon this thread! Did you know how psyched I was!? If only I hadn't read the novels....still, it was really good. I can't wait until they move onto the new episodes!

Now if only Vol. 10 of the novels will come out already!
Old 2009-05-23, 18:03   Link #407
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I hope this does not evolve into Locke/Richard compass endless loop ... erm, I meant discussion
Oh I've had many dragged out discussions about that exact scene with Locke/Richard.

This Haruhi event is similar to that situation in that both it and the LOST situation are examples of a mobius time loop. Kyon going back in time was something that already happened and needed to happen for events in the future to take place. It appears Haruhi may have never gone to North High School if Kyon Hadn't gone back in time to spark her interest in it. Kyon doesn't gain the knowledge of his meeting Haruhi before until he travels back in time, even though technically it has already happened.
Old 2009-05-23, 18:04   Link #408
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It appears Haruhi may have never gone to North High School if Kyon Hadn't gone back in time to spark her interest in it.
You have no idea why that statement is so funny.
Old 2009-05-23, 18:26   Link #409
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Nah, don't think that's an issue. Here's a basic timeline and Yuki's "age" at each point:

Yuki answers the door and lets Kyon and Mikuru up to her apartment -- x (not actually known)
Yuki after synchronizing with the Yuki that wrote the note -- x + three years
Yuki all throughout the events of the first volume -- x + three years
Yuki after writing the note -- x + three years
Yuki after "waking up" Kyon and Mikuru -- x + three years + one day

Yuki is organic inasmuch as it allows her to interact with the rest of the world, but at her core she is a creature of pure data. As long as that data is the same, there's no effective difference in her age. The pre-synch Yuki gained all the knowledge and experience of the "present" Yuki, and thus instantly became three years "older". Over the next three years she didn't age any further since she gained no "new" experience. Once she passed the "present" (when she synchonized back to the "younger" Yuki) she started "aging" again.

And yes, those who have read later books will note that future events supercede a fair portion of the above, but the description is still sound. Let's not confuse the n00bs too much...

...At least not just yet... ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-05-23 at 18:56.
Old 2009-05-23, 19:43   Link #410
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You have no idea why that statement is so funny.
Funny, but technically true.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-23, 21:08   Link #411
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Honestly... I didn't really like this one all that much. For the first new episode in nearly three years, this fell a bit short of my expectations. Sure, it had a few amusing parts(mostly involving Mikuru freaking out), and loli-Haruhi was cute, but that hardly makes up for the wait.

I'm not going to apply a rating, as I might be giving it a bit too much criticism, but for right now, it isn't really high on my list of favorite episodes. Sorry if I've offended anyone with my negativity.
Aw cmon, I am pretty sure the episodes will get better. Well I guess some fans were disappointed, because they expected this exciting entrance into the new season of Haruhi. But anyhow, we just all have to wait and see what the new series has in store for us.
Old 2009-05-23, 21:17   Link #412
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Aw cmon, I am pretty sure the episodes will get better. Well I guess some fans were disappointed, because they expected this exciting entrance into the new season of Haruhi. But anyhow, we just all have to wait and see what the new series has in store for us.
Considering the fact that Endless Eight is one of my favorite stories, it had better pick up after this
Old 2009-05-23, 22:41   Link #413
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Funny, but technically true.
Which is why it's funny. He doesn't know how true it is.

Quote:
Considering the fact that Endless Eight is one of my favorite stories, it had better pick up after this
Eh, despite how great Endless Eight is, I'm more looking forward to Disappearance.

Easily the best Haruhi story to date. Not my favorite, but the best.
Old 2009-05-23, 23:02   Link #414
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I specified E8 because of the fact that it's the next foreseeable new episode.
Old 2009-05-24, 01:16   Link #415
Jintor

Also, we get that rooftop scene with Koizumi and Kyon.

IN IT, KOIZUMI WILL LAUGH.
Old 2009-05-24, 01:18   Link #416
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Also, we get that rooftop scene with Koizumi and Kyon.

IN IT, KOIZUMI WILL LAUGH.
Like I said in the second season topic, if he doesn't sound like Hosaka, I will be so disappointed.
Old 2009-05-24, 01:19   Link #417
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hosaka of Minami-ke? It's gonna be epic ^^
Old 2009-05-24, 04:46   Link #418
Coruja

Quote:
Like I said in the second season topic, if he doesn't sound like Hosaka, I will be so disappointed.
Holy crap, if Itsuki were to laugh like Hosaka, it'd be way too awesome.
Old 2009-05-24, 07:58   Link #419
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
As long as he doesn't take off his shirt...
Old 2009-05-24, 08:15   Link #420
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Itsuki already took of as much as Hosaka normally does in one time, in Haruhi-chan.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread