AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-28, 18:25   Link #1
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

A mistake with Sasuke that the series made

I wanna talk a little bit about Sasuke.

In my opinion tehy killed Sasuke's personality. In the eariler episodes Sasuke was very likeable. He had all of his usual prodigy talents but he was never arrogant in an annoying or repulsive kind of way. He belittled Naruto but it was in a buddy buddy type of way.

He was not cocky in a bad way. He was simply confident. Very confident. He was a lone wolf type character who did not like attention or try to show off.

But the critical turning point where the mistake was made was in the Sasuke vs Gaara fight. That is where most people began to dislike Sasuke. When he and Kakashi came late its as if a new Sasuke than the one we knew walked into that stadium. He was unbelievably arrogant. He had the most annoying full of himslef grin all over his face. He was not humble in the least. He had gone from a confident quiet lone wolf to a cocky show off.

This in my opinion is very bad. The reason being spoiler related,

Spoiler:
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 18:52   Link #2
IPv6
blastos.com

I have always hated sasuke. Just more now.
IPv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 18:58   Link #3
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
I have always hated sasuke. Just more now.
Yup me too, Sasuke is nothing but a little punk!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 19:11   Link #4
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
I feel the same way, I have always disliked sasuke's character, I just dislike him moreso now.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 19:31   Link #5
_Riku_

he's even cooler now =)
Spoiler:
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 19:34   Link #6
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
he's even cooler now =)
Spoiler:
If by badass you mean powerhungry soul/body selling crybaby ... then yes you're right.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 19:37   Link #7
_Riku_

Spoiler:

and use spoilertags.. some people might get spoiled
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 20:37   Link #8
Zek
Eyebrows...

Since the driving purpose behind this thread is manga related, there should probably just be a [Manga] tag up there.

Spoiler:
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 20:49   Link #9
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Not really. I put the later half of the post in spoiler tags.

The first part deals with stuff that non-manga readers can relate/understand and comment on.
Old 2004-06-28, 21:07   Link #10
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
If by badass you mean powerhungry soul/body selling crybaby ... then yes you're right.
Point out one time Sasuke acted like a crybaby, besides in your mind. He never has, he never whined about his weaknesses or his past. If you call seeing someone who was once weaker than you explode with this godlike power, you will wonder how the heck he do it. Sasuke works just as hard as Naruto, but he can't hope to ever match Naruto raw power. It's not because Naruto earned the raw power, like all other ninja's had to, he was BORN with it. Sasuke never cried about Naruto being stronger, he was more angry at himself for not growing as strong himself. It had NOTHING to do with "WAH, I want Naruto's power!" He never cried about Itachi or his life to anyone. How dare he remember his past though and feel sad and pain. How dare he suffer from losing everyone he loved and being betrayed by the one he trusted most, I mean where does he get off, little jerk. People make me sick, it's okay for Naruto to have flashbacks where he is feeling self pity, or Neji being a prick the first half of the manga because of his past, Gaara can in cold blood kill helpless people, but it's okay because he had a hard life, but if Sasuke does the same, he's a crybaby jerk. Just say, I'm a Naruto fanboy, and I hate Sasuke and the attention he can steal from my favorite. Sasuke wasn't some changed snob since the Gaara fight. He was feeling strong, he had trained hard and felt well about the match. Naruto does the same when he learned something new. Also, Sasuke if became a full of it jerk, explain Gaara, when HE knew he couldn't beat him and save Sakura and HE trusted that Naruto could, face it, you just don't like him. Stop making up crap to suport your hate, just be honest.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 21:16   Link #11
indo

well you have a point tron bone sasuke is not half as annoying as annyone says and the only thing that pisses me off about sasuke is constantly hearing: sasuke kun!! sasuke kun!! sasuke kun!!! by some female voice ;D

annyway i whas hoping naruto and sasuke will become great buddies with a little rivalry like gai and kakashi
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 21:28   Link #12
Last of the Uchiha

They haven't killed Sasuke personality because that's how he have always been. When we were first introduced to Sasuke, he was always a loner who wanted to take revenge on his brother for killing his family and as the series progressed he started to forget about his revenge and was getting used to his new family(Team 7).

Spoiler:
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 21:40   Link #13
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Kishimoto made him how he is. You interupt how he acts on your own, whatever you take from that is what you see,not what he wants it to be!
Dont YOU UNDERSTAND!! NARUTO+SASUKE=Uchiha!
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 21:57   Link #14
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

it is not a mistake, it only confirms that sasuke is not naruto's sidekick but his rival. He's finding his own path, actually I like him now than before because he has taken matters into his own hands rather than whining about it like before.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 22:03   Link #15
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

just re-watch the episode where sasuke arrived in the exam to fight gaara.
Look at his facial expressions and overall show off behaviour.
Old 2004-06-28, 22:31   Link #16
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
just re-watch the episode where sasuke arrived in the exam to fight gaara.
Look at his facial expressions and overall show off behaviour.
So what, if Sasuke was showing off, is not like anyone else hasn't done it before. How many time did Naruto was showing off and how many times did he brag about his power, especially when

Spoiler:
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 23:17   Link #17
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
So what, if Sasuke was showing off, is not like anyone else hasn't done it before. How many time did Naruto was showing off and how many times did he brag about his power, especially when

Spoiler:
It's not the same if Naruto does it, he's allowed for some unknown reason to brag, boast, trash, show off and do everything they say Sasuke does only worse and still be this humble hero. People, just be honest, Naruto is the lead, the cool underdog, who is supose to be the loser. A loser that NEVER loses. Sasuke is nowhere near the show boat Naruto, nor is he as full of himself as Naruto. I also loved the point you brought up about how if you don't agree with Naruto he's aloow to trash you and beat you.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 23:27   Link #18
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha

Spoiler:
T3h winnar.

I've always liked Sasuke, imo his only mistake was mastering the Katon no Jitsu, the really high level jitsu that's only capable of burning ninja lackies in TV specials.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 00:10   Link #19
gibits
Endless

If anything i like him much more now than compared to the earlier esp./chs.. Before he got the curse seal he had no personality to speak of, especially if u place him next to naruto. Now he's alot deeper than just some brooding (which is a form of whining BTW), angst ridden pretty boy. Now he's <gasp> tragic! While it was stated earlier about his clan's genecide prior to the forest of death it was never fleshed out enough, and with recent ch in the manga sasuke is really looking to live up to his tragic/anti-hero status.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 00:14   Link #20
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
It's not the same if Naruto does it, he's allowed for some unknown reason to brag, boast, trash, show off and do everything they say Sasuke does only worse and still be this humble hero. People, just be honest, Naruto is the lead, the cool underdog, who is supose to be the loser. A loser that NEVER loses. Sasuke is nowhere near the show boat Naruto, nor is he as full of himself as Naruto. I also loved the point you brought up about how if you don't agree with Naruto he's aloow to trash you and beat you.
OH and naruto is the diva of the show so yes he gets to do all that and its still all good. And I think one of the themes that the author is trying to get across is "might makes right". So if naruto (and only naruto) beats someone up then he was right all along. Duh d00d!
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote