Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 06:39   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
What chapter was this???
I don't recall Enel shocking himself back to life...
That being said... Logia's might actually be more interesting than I initially thought..
When Wiper used a Reject Dial on Enel, Enel seemingly died from his heart stopping. But after that he shocked his own heart and he resurrected himself
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 10:15   Link #22
Prestige

I think Logia is most powerful and most benefical fruit there is.

Normal person with normal powers Logia gives highest benefit.

Logia is very strong because user becomes very difficult to damage and user is able to vaporize to his devil fruit element becoming temperarily immune to all physical attacks, exception for this is Blackbeard whos Logia is very special type and he is unable to turn himself to his element, well it would be difficult to turn into pure gravity afterall.

Of all logias Smoker seems to be weakest, hes attacks seems to be quite slow and he have limited range, he seems to have to spread his smoke and still keep it intact in his main body as one cloud to be able attack on range.

Enel might call lighting strike from other side of island, Kizaru seems to have to emit light beams directly from his body and also Crocodile have to have some sort of physical contact on desired target to have an effect (Crocodile wants to drain tree on distance so he attacks ground that is connected to tree instead).

Logias all are same type but they do seem to have almost as much diversity and unique properties as paramecias.

Enel's Thunder logia have been quite unique if you think about it, he have freedom to call and summon lightning from distance without connection to his main body when all other logias shown by now had somekind of physical contact or emitted their element from their bodies.

Yeah Id say Logias are most powerful fruits there is, they give near invincibility to user and powerful offense, logias enjoy highest defensive capacity atleast already.

But for strong physical fighter Logia might be bit inconvienient. Lets say for Rob Lucci if he would got logia power he would have to basically choose do he want to attack physically with physical strenght or attack with logia power only. Logias dont seem to be that good on melee and physical fights, though you can engulf your fist with fire and attack with additional fire damage but why do that when you can float in air and burn enemys to crisp with flame lances?
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:28   Link #23
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Logias dont seem to be that good on melee and physical fights, though you can engulf your fist with fire and attack with additional fire damage but why do that when you can float in air and burn enemys to crisp with flame lances?
Yeah.
Because Logia seems to be especially weak in swordsmanship and physical fights..
They may not be able to use to an effect degree.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:58   Link #24
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
thats one reason why luffy will ultimately be one of the strongest, a rubber user with haki, probably works out better then any logia...

blackbeards power has pretty much haki abilities built into it, with the ability to have attacks phase through him missing
I just can't seem not to be able to ask, so I'll just go ahead: What anime is your avatar from? It just seems like it would be interesting.

And Blackbeard's Logia doesn't have Haki abilities built in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Because Logias are so strong, I have never really cared for them. They are the abilities that contain the greatest amount of glitz and sparkle, but at the same time, they are the most simplistic (often resulting in the same basic attacks, just with different elements), and consequently the least interesting (at least for me).
True for me too. I would hate going through life with barely any challenges at all. I like a bit of a fight, with serious connotations.

Oh, and I'd like to ask that we refrain from going into Haki theory discussion over here. We have lots of radicals poising theories left and right in the Haki thread here already. And to clear things up, since I got a post on the second page, Haki DOES NOT nullify, or cancel out DF powers. Please take note.

It simply allows the Haki user to attack at the element/substance itself. So if someone is a lightning Logia, you could attack the lightning itself, etc. That way, the evasive effect of them turning into their element is made moot.

Apart from that, nice thread.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 23:07   Link #25
Who

I just thought of something regarding the ability to regenerate from injuries not induced by sea stone weapons (or to some degree... Haki?)
What if Shanks were to eat a Logia type fruit... would his missing arm come back or does this ability work only upon pre-existing limbs?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 08:41   Link #26
game2007

Quote:
And Blackbeard's Logia doesn't have Haki abilities built in...
He means that BB's darkness ability to nullify Devil Fruits is very similar.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 14:38   Link #27
marvelB

Well, now that Akainu's finally appeared, there's naturally much speculation about what DF power he may have. Of course, chances are quite high that he'll be a Logia user like his fellow admirals (though I'm still crossing my fingers for the slim chance that he's eaten one of the other two types of fruit instead), and now many people feel that he may have a plant-based ability, judging from his flower-based attire (flower on his shirt, flower-patterned shirt collar, and what seems to be a flower tattoo on his chest). Of course, if this really is the case, then I'd expect Akainu to have the powers of a wide variety of plants, and not just flowers (especially seeing as Robin already has a flower Paramecia). Heh, maybe since Aokiji and Kizaru can make swords out of ice and light, Akainu can make a sword out of wood or bamboo instead......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:40   Link #28
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, now that Akainu's finally appeared, there's naturally much speculation about what DF power he may have. Of course, chances are quite high that he'll be a Logia user like his fellow admirals (though I'm still crossing my fingers for the slim chance that he's eaten one of the other two types of fruit instead), and now many people feel that he may have a plant-based ability, judging from his flower-based attire (flower on his shirt, flower-patterned shirt collar, and what seems to be a flower tattoo on his chest). Of course, if this really is the case, then I'd expect Akainu to have the powers of a wide variety of plants, and not just flowers (especially seeing as Robin already has a flower Paramecia). Heh, maybe since Aokiji and Kizaru can make swords out of ice and light, Akainu can make a sword out of wood or bamboo instead......
What plant can be used in a Logia-manner??
This is why I think if he is a Logia it has to something elemental...
Probably a Earth Fruit of something
Old 2009-07-17, 15:41   Link #29
shankss
CP10

Pheasent (Blue) = Ice (White,Blue)
Monkey (Yellow) = Light (White,Yellow)
Dog (Red) = Nature (Green,Brown)

Color scheme just not fitting red for natural plant transformation (except rose but thats kinda too lame since byakuya did that years ago)

I guess that was also the reason why Kizaru was yellow but not white, since white can also represent ice and yellow at the same time.Light's primary color is white unless its Holy Fire or Electrical stuff.Oda pulled a trick for choosing him Yellow so that we could've confused him as lighting,thunder electrical stuff.

My only nature based guess: its a paramecia related to roses.If it was a logia it would contain all kinds of plants and would fail at color theme.Sadly this idea also fails at all-admirals-must-be-logia theory

There are limitations to animals according to japanese myth of Momotaro but not colors.Primary colors are red,green and blue so why not just call him the Green Dog?

That leads only to one conclusion ladies and getlemen : Ketchup Ketchup devil fruit will prevail

Edit:

Quote:
The wolf, along with being considered one of the strongest and most fearsome of yokai, is viewed as a seasonal match to the fox - symbolizing the winter while the fox symbolizes the spring. The wolf is known as a "henge" or "shapeshifting" yokai.

Because of the wolf's status, it is believed that if one crosses the wolf, they should fear divine punishment. Individuals and families that had become suspect for the wolf's wrath in older eras were shunned and even chased out of farming communities, for the bad luck they might bring upon the town. There are beliefs that say one can calm a wolf's wrath with an offering of food, sekihan is usually noted as being the wolf's favored treat.
That was some interesting small stuff I found over some yokai site.Maomotaro's dog company was actually a wolf.Japanese wolf's are considered as "mountain dogs" near its western cousins because of their small size.So if Oda is following the myth Akainu may actually be a wolf more than a dog.Shapeshifting (zoan?) and divine punishment'ing over poor little Ohara peasants?

Last edited by shankss; 2009-07-17 at 16:05.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 17:57   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Primary colors are red,green and blue so why not just call him the Green Dog?
I think you accidentally made a mistake here. The three primary colours are red, yellow, and blue. Green is a secondary colour, which is formed by the amalgamation of yellow and blue.
Old 2009-07-17, 19:33   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
That was some interesting small stuff I found over some yokai site.Maomotaro's dog company was actually a wolf.Japanese wolf's are considered as "mountain dogs" near its western cousins because of their small size.So if Oda is following the myth Akainu may actually be a wolf more than a dog.Shapeshifting (zoan?) and divine punishment'ing over poor little Ohara peasants?

Well now, if that's the case, then this certainly does increase the chances of Akainu being a Zoan instead of a Logia (all the more better if he were an Awakened/Ancient Zoan, as well! ). And as far as a plant Logia not being attributed to his color goes.... well, if you want to look at things from a deeper perspective, you could technically say that a plant power is an earth-based ability (seeing as that's where plants grow from). And considering that many people speculate that he has a magma power (which would also be an earth-based power), I don't think it would be entirely wrong for the red dog to be a potential plant fruit user.....
Old 2009-07-18, 15:21   Link #32
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe the "red" part came from how his plants feed on human blood, but that's another story...
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 15:09   Link #33
Prestige

This is pretty nice article and gives good information about Logia
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 12:50   Link #34
ellifeedn
Thinker

Since it's a wiki I wouldn't completely trust it.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 07:18   Link #35
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Since it's a wiki I wouldn't completely trust it.
Yeah. But it doesn't make the information on there any less true though.
The information on Wiki One Piece seemed to be pretty accurate.
Old 2009-08-01, 20:06   Link #36
Rainbowman

Since Logia type fruits allow the user to turn their bodies into the elements, I thought I'd list the elements that are important in nature.

Primary elements:
Fire
Earth
Water
Wind

Secondary elements:
Lightning
Floral (plants)
Ice
Metal

Non-Physical elements:
Light
Darkness
Time
Space

I know time and space sound like they'd be more suited as paramecia, but they're the only other elements that are important in nature and the biggest example of such are the Legendary Pokemon- Dialga (time) and Palkia (space). As for the other 10 elements, the biggest example of how important they are would be the legendary warriors from "Digimon Frontier":

Agunimon (Fire)
Lobomon (Light)
Beetlemon (Lightning)
Kazemon (Wind)
Kumamon (Ice)
Grumblemon (Earth)
Arbormon (Floral- particularly wood)
Ranamon -Lanamon in the merchandise- (Water)
Mercurymon (Metal)
Lowemon (Darkness)/Duskmon (corrupted darkness)

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-08-01 at 20:19.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:35   Link #37
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Ol' Man Rayleigh:
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 21:02   Link #38
marvelB

Figured I may as well bump this thread on account of the fact that Akainu's power was finally revealed: A magma power, which pretty much makes him a Logia. While a bit predictable, it was still pretty cool to see him create a giant fist out of lava, heh. But I wonder, since he's a magma fruit user, I guess this pretty much counts as the definitive earth-based power, then? I mean, I know Croc technically had an earth-based power as well, but magma/lava is technically what creates land in the first place, so...... maybe?
Old 2009-08-21, 17:33   Link #39
longnose-kun

I'm still think oda will give us a plasma devil fruit
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 18:40   Link #40
praeceps
King on a Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose-kun View Post
I'm still think oda will give us a plasma devil fruit
Plasma is a modern state of matter, not a classical element, so that is extremely unlikely.
praeceps is offline   Reply With Quote