AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 02:16   Link #1761
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Wow, that's something I never thought about. The aging thing that is, that might be true considering they're copies of their original bodies. Or, their original bodies are a copy of the clones. I'm still confused when they were talking about the matrix thing, maybe Gantz players are in the "real" world, and every1 else is in the fake world. But then as the timer got closer to 0, people started to be able to see Gantz players, maybe signifying the start of a new world or something like that.
The Matrix thing is probably unrelated. When Sebastian was talking it seemed like he was just pulling things out of his ass in order to come up with something that seemed like a reasonable explanation for the origin of Gantz. Basically Sebastian was worried that the reporter wouldn't buy his story about that fat girl, so he mentioned "oh how about that movie with Keanue Reeves".

Seems like something we can totally ignore.

It also seems like Izumi might make a return then. Now that we have a novel about him and the old team !

He was pretty cool.
Old 2009-07-06, 04:16   Link #1762
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
The Matrix thing is probably unrelated. When Sebastian was talking it seemed like he was just pulling things out of his ass in order to come up with something that seemed like a reasonable explanation for the origin of Gantz. Basically Sebastian was worried that the reporter wouldn't buy his story about that fat girl, so he mentioned "oh how about that movie with Keanue Reeves".

Seems like something we can totally ignore.

It also seems like Izumi might make a return then. Now that we have a novel about him and the old team !

He was pretty cool.
thank goodness! I think you are the first person that gets it or maybe the people that also got it don't bother mentioning it.
Old 2009-07-06, 10:07   Link #1763
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
thank goodness! I think you are the first person that gets it or maybe the people that also got it don't bother mentioning it.
whats the point of bringing up dead guys? he was cool but mentioning someone who has been dead for soo many chapters is irrelevant when everyone wants to figure out what gantz is.
Old 2009-07-06, 15:12   Link #1764
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcalipoca View Post
whats the point of bringing up dead guys? he was cool but mentioning someone who has been dead for soo many chapters is irrelevant when everyone wants to figure out what gantz is.
You misunderstood his post. Look at what's bold in the quote. He was talking about Sebastian making shit up, not about Izumi coming back alive.

Well my answer to you is that, have you been reading Gantz ALLL THIS TIME? Absolutely nothing is predictable, and I can literally name 3 characters that counter what you just said.

Nishi
Katou
Kurono

Izumi obviously played a bigger role than Nishi, and arguably an equal to Katou until now.

Obviously the novel can shed some light, and serve as a bridge to the third arc. I'm not saying that it WILL, i'm saying that it CAN. First of all Nishi knows a lot about Gantz, he knew about the world ending which means that pre-Kurono Gantz missions revealed a lot about the nature of the game. Pre-Kurono Gantz, Izumi served as the team captain as mentioned by Nishi, he survived and completed the game and LEFT. Not only can the novel serve as character devlopment for Izumi, it can also hype him back into the story. Izumi is also related to the vampires, he was so strong that they recognize him as a threat (well Kurono too, until later in the story).

Reviving him brings pros and cons to the story, and ultimately which outweighs which will really depend on how the novel turns out. Again Gantz always likes to take the "what the fuck" route, so we never know.

EDIT: Seems like I misread your post too? Not sure, it's a bit vague, if I did I apologize. However my point still stands. Izumi is not irrelevant when it comes to figuring out what Gantz is. ESPECIALLY WHEN it is a prequel novel.
Old 2009-07-07, 00:36   Link #1765
Sonjuro

Thats another thing. Izumi loved the game like literally it was his life. So I think there was a reason he left. The black ball he had definitely showed that needed to remember that he was in gantz, and if I recall the little ball said to bring more people for gantz. So, I'm thinking eather he left for certain reason or maybe gantz can allows people to set free other people.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:14   Link #1766
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
At this rate I think Oku does not know how he wants to explain it, so he threw in some popular ideas of what it could be to through everyone into thought while he decides what he should do, or it could be that he just wants to keep us hanging and will make it something no one has thought of. I tend to think he is stalling though, and with the manga starting to come out monthly he will have plenty of time to make his mind up... I am very NOT happy about that by the way!!! I hate monthlys but it seems that most of the best mangas are either there or headed that way...

Yeah I notice that myself...
All the best manga's do seem to be monthly...
Claymore... Ubel Blatt... Vinland Saga... to name just a few...
I pissed when the Anime (for Gantz) ended...
They could have easily filled in Spoilers for it because of the kind of story it is...
If any manga needs to be monthly...
Its Bleach and Naruto so they come up with some better storylines..
And I agree about Oku
Old 2009-07-09, 23:33   Link #1767
Sonjuro

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...z_c276_021.jpg

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...z_c302_006.JPG

Anyone see any similarity to this?
Old 2009-07-17, 14:36   Link #1768
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjuro View Post
I do. They both say god. I'm so smart
Old 2009-07-17, 20:01   Link #1769
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
I'm beginning to lose interest in this manga. It seems like everything's going down hill and emo with a tragic ending. All my favorite characters are probably going to die left and right if they have no chance to fight against the invasion and let the Aliens rape everyone.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:54   Link #1770
Telcalipoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I'm beginning to lose interest in this manga. It seems like everything's going down hill and emo with a tragic ending. All my favorite characters are probably going to die left and right if they have no chance to fight against the invasion and let the Aliens rape everyone.
death is what makes it so interesting though

i for one am for death to known and liked characters.

so does anyone know what the izumi/nishi light novels is coming out and what is it going to be named?
Old 2009-07-22, 10:56   Link #1771
Telcalipoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjuro View Post
your site has cleaner looking chapters than mine
Old 2009-07-25, 22:50   Link #1772
Lostdreams

only like 2 months or something before the manga starts up again!!!
Old 2009-07-26, 01:22   Link #1773
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
^Don't fuckin remind me... Every wednesday I ask myself "is it October yet"? Two good things happen that month, baseball is off t.v. and Gantz resumes!!! Two good things happen in October, baseball ends and Gantz resumes!!!
Old 2009-08-30, 16:46   Link #1774
swerv
Stay Up

Is it even the same guy writing it? Seems like the original writer has died or something and they've given it to some clueless part timer to wrap it up. This will not end well.
Old 2009-09-02, 04:16   Link #1775
Aesthetic Shampoo

Don't hate me for this, but i don't see what's so great about this manga. The way i see it, it's just nudity sex and gore mixed together with no storyline or plot apart from "kill aliens". Honestly, thats what i thought from chapter 1.
Old 2009-09-02, 04:51   Link #1776
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ This remark can expand to every story in existence if all you see is the outer shell.

I mean, Elfen Lied is shit to me yet 10 million people out there insist that it has a great story and a great cast. Or that Code Geass is the best anime ever when it isn't. Or that the Bible is full of wisdom and not BS.

I happen to see lots of symbolisms in Gantz, most of which are self given. Sounds like I see ghosts where there are none but it works for most people and it works for me too.
Old 2009-09-02, 07:51   Link #1777
gencbiba

Gantz is a masterpiece. That's all that I will say.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:07   Link #1778
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Gantz is a masterpiece. That's all that I will say.
more like , Gantz Was a masterpiece. Then they killed Izumi and Kurono and everything went downhill from there.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:17   Link #1779
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I thought ch299 redeemed it.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:27   Link #1780
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I thought ch299 redeemed it.
can't say im too found of the 2 kurono thing