Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-31, 15:24   Link #41
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I'm either gonna stick with the idea that Luffy will either reunite:

A) At Shanks' death. Then, when he's buried, Luffy will put his straw hat either on top of his grave, or grave stone.

B) At the end, when luffy finds one piece, they have one last battle to determine who gets one piece. When Shanks loses, Luffy puts the straw hat on top of Shanks' head.
Old 2010-01-05, 10:01   Link #42
upiro

I'm sure they'll meet in the New World but I have a feeling that they'll engage in a fight against each other. This would be an extraordinary plot twist but what if Oda ends up making Shanks into some sort of main villain?

So far, he seems to be a very decent, principled pirate who cares only about adventures and having fun and from all indications, doesn't seem to cause 'trouble' to the Government or civilians. The Gorosei states that he won't upset the balance and Vice-Admiral Momonga was suprised that he was fighting against Kaidou.

But, Oda has done this before. Until the recent arc, I always thought of Whitebeard as a more reckless and arrogant version of Luffy. The way he told off Rockstar, shrugged off Shanks' warning and kept proclaiming his strength. But, we now know that he's an excellent strategist, cautious and very flexible in his actions. He even reads the newspaper! :P

I think Whitebeard's had really good character development, completely changng my view of him. I suspect that Oda might do the same to Shanks. The only hint I have so far is when he meets Ace, he says "You want to greet me?" in a very ominous tone.

I can't imagine how Oda will pull off this character change but it'll be cool if he does and makes Shanks very different from what we expect him to be. Any thoughts?
Old 2010-01-05, 10:49   Link #43
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
If One Piece was a seinen, I'd say this could be a (very interesting) possibility.

Still, since this is a Shonen, I can't really see it happening.