AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-14, 04:14   Link #141
Blayne Barudorii

Inu Yasha, Escaflowne, Dragonball Z, Yugioh, Gundam Wing all had good dubs in my honest opinion or at least I saw them first dubbed.

Spirited Away I saw dubbed and was good as well, same for Lupin the III Castle of Caligoisto.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 05:10   Link #142
Munin

Glad to see Bebop is so highly thought of. I always considered it the best dub I had heard. I think Blood, The Last Vampire was very good too.

Sketch-Blog
Munin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 16:10   Link #143
Blayne Barudorii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munin View Post
Glad to see Bebop is so highly thought of. I always considered it the best dub I had heard. I think Blood, The Last Vampire was very good too.
But does that count though? It was deliberately a bilingual movie.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:23   Link #144
Echoes

Bebop is certainly a good dub, but I'm going to mention one that I don't see get a lot of love; Golden Boy. That dub is hilarious, and the entertainment value makes it superior to the original in my opinion. The guy who does the male lead really makes the role his own.
Old 2010-03-14, 17:36   Link #145
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On top of Trigun and FLCL which I mentioned before, Howl's Moving Castle's dub was worth watching for Billy Crystal alone. His voicing of Calcifer would rank in my top 3 voice performances EVER. It was just perfect and brought the role to a whole new level of brilliance.
Old 2010-03-15, 15:19   Link #146
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

Nhk
Beck.
Baccano.
icab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 15:33   Link #147
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I would actually go with the original Pokemon dubs, personally. I haven't much experience with dubs but the VA's for that show were quite good compared to some others I've heard.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 15:53   Link #148
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yu Yu Hakusho, hands down. I even liked the dubbed OP song a little better than the original which never impressed me that much! The dubbed ED songs weren't bad either.

A part of me actually wants to see more dubbed OP/EDs, as long as the original audio is available.

The original will always be better, but I felt the YYH managed to capture the essence of the story and not butcher the characters personalities. Kurama is a bit off, since the original VA was a woman, maybe they should have tried to match it; but all and all pretty good stuff. Yusuke's English voice is so snarky and uses stronger language than your average dub.

I did not see much of the Death Note dub, but it seemed to be of pretty good quality. Potato chips FTW!

The Haruhi dub wasn't too bad either. I thought they'd totally screw up "God Knows" but it was relatively decent.

edit: Ah yes, FLCL was really good; I've actually only seen the dubbed version.

DBZ's dub is passable, with maybe except a few moments such as the counting of Goku's power level.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 02:34   Link #149
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yu Yu Hakusho, hands down. I even liked the dubbed OP song a little better than the original which never impressed me that much! The dubbed ED songs weren't bad either.

A part of me actually wants to see more dubbed OP/EDs, as long as the original audio is available.

The original will always be better, but I felt the YYH managed to capture the essence of the story and not butcher the characters personalities. Kurama is a bit off, since the original VA was a woman, maybe they should have tried to match it; but all and all pretty good stuff. Yusuke's English voice is so snarky and uses stronger language than your average dub.

I did not see much of the Death Note dub, but it seemed to be of pretty good quality. Potato chips FTW!

The Haruhi dub wasn't too bad either. I thought they'd totally screw up "God Knows" but it was relatively decent.

edit: Ah yes, FLCL was really good; I've actually only seen the dubbed version.

DBZ's dub is passable, with maybe except a few moments such as the counting of Goku's power level.
Death note dub was good.

I thought they did a really good job on the God knows dub.
Yes it didnt sound professional like the Original by aya.
But it did sound like an actual high school girl was singing it at a live show.
When you look at it like that, Then I can say they did a good job.
But if you think of it as being an actual professional song, Then yeah its bad.
icab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 22:36   Link #150
McMilk
*Artist

I remember Full Metal Alchemist and Eureka Seven were good. Well, I guess that's mostly because I don't recall any of the characters had impossible to pronounce Japanese names. Only, I don't know what they had to pronounce "Eureka" as "EL-REHK-KAH". If it's to follow the Japanese way, which was "E-U-RE-KA", then that's pretty dumb.

Then there's DBZ, Inuyasha, Gundam Wing, and other old school anime that were dubbed pretty well.
Old 2010-03-25, 00:51   Link #151
icecreamlover

Dub for the classic DBZ and fullmetall alchemist
icecreamlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 16:27   Link #152
Aka_Tsuki
NPC

I thought the One Piece dub was pretty decent
Old 2010-03-29, 11:01   Link #153
Spartanz1170

AWSEOME DUBS:
Neon Genesis of Evangelion (Including Rebuild)
Gurren Lagann (Watched both series in Jap and Eng)
Yu-gi-oh (Because I watched it in my child hood)
Pokemon- Until the end of Jhoto (same reason as above)
Gundam Wing/Endless Waltz

BAD, SO BAD YOU WANT TO NUKE IT FROM ORBIT:
Gundam Seed
Original Gundam
Pokemon from Hoen to Sinnoh
Digimon
Naruto, both part I and II
Higurashi
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 00:09   Link #154
RisArk

Quote:
Only, I don't know what they had to pronounce "Eureka" as "EL-REHK-KAH". If it's to follow the Japanese way, which was "E-U-RE-KA", then that's pretty dumb.
It was going to be pronounced the Latin way, but the japanese company came in and re-cast everyone and the script 11 episodes in. This was when Yuri Lowenthal was Renton before it was recast to Johny Bosch.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 11:03   Link #155
paw24
Banned

for me im waiting for the eng dub of the bleach and naruto Shippuuden
paw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 19:14   Link #156
Dremora

There are A LOT of great dubs out there. Far too many for me to list, so I'll just put a few I haven't seen listed in this thread.

X (TV)
Fruits Basket
RahXephon
Great Teacher Onizuka
Last Exile
Haibane Renmei
Mushishi
Gilgamesh
Texhnolyze

As far as dubs that make my ears bleed, there are only a few that come to mind.
Someday's Dreamers
Fantastic Children
Higurashi
Blue Seed
Mai-Hime
Dremora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 21:25   Link #157
OMOCHIKAERI!
SOLDIER 1st class

Death Note and Ghost in the Shell SAC are the only memorable dubs I've watched, and I loved them.
OMOCHIKAERI! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 22:10   Link #158
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Deathnote was quite memorable, Brad Swailey proved yet again he is a dubber that knows what makes a character. (Raito Yagami rub.)

FlCl was quite memorable, as the voices were amusing in some of the weirdest moments. (...episode 4 and 5 being the two I like the most.)

The vision of Escaflowne... Simply wonderful in it's form and it's voice acting (both japanese and dub.)

Code Geass is an excellent mention, in my opinion. Both japanese and dub did a good job with their assigned characters.

Texhnolyze is also a excellent mention... I don't know why, but I like it's underworld gang-cooperation theme.

That's it for me... I haven't watched DTB all that much (only first volume... ) but the voices are pretty well fitted... though I will make that a withdrawable statement until I can watch more.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 02:36   Link #159
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yu Yu Hakusho ftw! I got all seasons on DVD!
Old 2010-04-08, 12:09   Link #160
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
SDF: Macross, the later english dub version - nice dubbing especially Lynn Minmei
Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny - Almost the same voice as the japanese version
Gundam 0079 and Gundam Z - I am a gundam fan, what can I say?

almost forgot, Yu Yu Hakusho - the first anime I've watched and actually finished
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote