Spoiler for episode 10:
do you have the yandere himeji?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 06:43   Link #1462
MaxMaximilianMaximus

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxMaximilianMaximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Shouldn't Hideyoshi rather be in the female ranking?
I thought she was voted 1st for male and 10th for female before.
MaxMaximilianMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 07:03   Link #1463
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
do you have the yandere himeji?
no, i havent made any from episode 09.
But perhaps you may find what you want from what mikoo has made in his earlier post
kaitoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 07:41   Link #1464
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitoein View Post
no, i havent made any from episode 09.
But perhaps you may find what you want from what mikoo has made in his earlier post
... Can I have that one gif avatar which has Muttsurini doing that boob size consensus thingy?

by the way, a present:

Spoiler for Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKKEEE!!!:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-03-15 at 08:52.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 19:06   Link #1465
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... Can I have that one gif avatar which has Muttsurini doing that boob size consensus thingy?

by the way, a present:

Spoiler for Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKKEEE!!!:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!! new asset! Iron snake!
Old 2010-03-15, 20:36   Link #1466
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitoein View Post
some animated freebies that i make, feel free to take one

Spoiler for episode 08:

Spoiler for episode 10:
Thanks. I'll try one out

My previous avatar which I made myself is up for the grabs () now
Old 2010-03-15, 22:16   Link #1467
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yuuko knew she was there since she told her to go back with her when she was done ranting. But yeah, Shouko, despite being Class A's rep sure is spending a lot of time in class F. I don't think Shouko cares about anyone besides Yuuji, though.
I noticed this too. In that scene Shouko looked kind of funny with her fingers in eye-poking position, and later we saw her stalking around the school holding a taser. Shouko is being portrayed as more Class F-like in the way she behaves than as someone you'd expect from Class A, and in general she feels like part of the Class F group because her infatuation with Yuuji always brings her around them.

Yuuko is being established as the most antagonistic member of Class A, and their de facto leader even though Shouko is the class rep (ie. Yuuko kind of ordered Shouko to follow her out of the room). Most of the times Class A has challenged Class F, it's been Yuuko standing front and centre. She appears in the OP before a lot of main characters even though we barely see her.

Anyway, my point to all this is, I wish Yuuko would get more screen time! In the next ESB she and Hideyoshi should battle to see who's the better sibling.
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 22:22   Link #1468
FateAnomaly

Shouko did say her only motivation to go to school is to see Yuuji so its not surprising that she will always hang around him.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:20   Link #1469
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
I noticed this too. In that scene Shouko looked kind of funny with her fingers in eye-poking position, and later we saw her stalking around the school holding a taser. Shouko is being portrayed as more Class F-like in the way she behaves than as someone you'd expect from Class A, and in general she feels like part of the Class F group because her infatuation with Yuuji always brings her around them.
I really wonder why Shouko doesn't simply fail a test on purpose, just so she can be together with Yuuji in class F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
Yuuko is being established as the most antagonistic member of Class A, and their de facto leader even though Shouko is the class rep (ie. Yuuko kind of ordered Shouko to follow her out of the room). Most of the times Class A has challenged Class F, it's been Yuuko standing front and centre. She appears in the OP before a lot of main characters even though we barely see her.
I think Yuuko is that angry because she feels herself threatened by Hideyoshi's feminity
Old 2010-03-17, 02:19   Link #1470
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
I really wonder why Shouko doesn't simply fail a test on purpose, just so she can be together with Yuuji in class F.
Didn't she just do that in the episode before, just so she can be in detention with him?

In any case, I think at the very least for this year, you can't change your class. So no matter how how well you do (ie. Himeji's case) or bad you do (theoritically Shouko's case), you're stuck with the same classmates.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 02:31   Link #1471
ZeKeR
Superbad

also... himeji isnt the only one to go yandere mode.... shouko does it all the time it seems....
Old 2010-03-17, 08:14   Link #1472
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
also... himeji isnt the only one to go yandere mode.... shouko does it all the time it seems....
Yeah, but Shouko is... well relatively, a stable Yandere. You can see it coming, and in this way Shouko is actually a subversion of the normal Yandere. (maybe because she's been a Yandere for so long that it's become more mellow and "normal" for her?)

Himeji is the typical Yandere. She appears to be a Yamato Nadeshiko but underneath that love has driven her quite crazy.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 08:22   Link #1473
Wrath88
Kissing...

Difference from my viewpoint:
In the event of possible straying, Shouko will direct her attacks at Yuuji ONLY. Himeji is more likely to go after the source of the temptation instead.
Old 2010-03-17, 08:26   Link #1474
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

:sigh: here we go again.

There is a BIG difference between Himeji and Shouko, just like there's a big difference from Sekai and Kotonoha from School Days.

Surest sign of Yandereism would be glazed over eyes. Himeji has briefly shown this, Shouko has not, ever. Dunno who decided that glazed over eyes was the standard for Yandere girls... maybe because it visually shows us that the character has changed their state of mind, and aren't mentally stable then?

In any case, the only time Himeji has shown actual Yandere tendencies was in the previous episode. This was when she was denying the existence of Aki's sister by stating certain things aren't what they are, even when its obvious to other characters exactly what those items were. The audience might interpret these as Himeji starting to become delusional, and as such starting to become mentally unstable; ie. the hallmark of Yandere. (Though to be fair, she snapped out of it just like that, so one may even argue that it wasn't true Yandere after all, but I'll leave that arguement out for now)

Shouko on the other hand has been shown time and time again to be an extremely rational (if gullible/easily misunderstanding) person. None of her actions, which may be extreme for our standards, can be construed as a result of insanity in any way shape or form. If anything, everything Shouko does to harm Yuuji is cold and calculating on her part; traits not possessed by crazy Yanderes.

Don't get me wrong, I love both as they're the two are childhood friend characters, and Yandere is one of my moe elements as its been popularized by another childhood friend character. But just because one consistently harms their LI does not necessarily make them Yandere. You might as well label Minami as Yandere if that isn't the case, and I don't see anyone here labeling her as such despite her pulling painful wrestling moves on Aki more times than Shouko has tasered Yuuji over the entire course of the series.

Spoiler for School Days MAJOR spoilers:

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2010-03-17 at 08:36.
Old 2010-03-17, 09:02   Link #1475
Nosauz

I really think your overthinking this one. The glazed over eyes in episode nine was to demonstrate the utter denial of reality, hence the darkened room, it wasn't portraying here as yandere, also that was all meant to be comedic.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 09:12   Link #1476
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Spoiler for When you can't grab a hold of him...:

Spoiler for Uoohh!:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-03-17 at 10:21.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 15:15   Link #1477
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I really think your overthinking this one. The glazed over eyes in episode nine was to demonstrate the utter denial of reality, hence the darkened room, it wasn't portraying here as yandere, also that was all meant to be comedic.
That's the reason why I made this comment...

"Though to be fair, she snapped out of it just like that, so one may even argue that it wasn't true Yandere after all, but I'll leave that arguement out for now"

Whether Himeji ever really was Yandere is entirely beside the point. What I was trying to say that out of all the characters in BakaTest, the only one you can make an arguement (however strong/weak it may be) that she is Yandere would be Himeji. Shouko on the otherhand you can NOT argue as Yandere in any way shape or form; if you do, then that also puts Minami as a Yandere, which none here to my knowledge actually has ever claimed as is.

Old 2010-03-17, 15:54   Link #1478
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
That's the reason why I made this comment...

"Though to be fair, she snapped out of it just like that, so one may even argue that it wasn't true Yandere after all, but I'll leave that arguement out for now"

Whether Himeji ever really was Yandere is entirely beside the point. What I was trying to say that out of all the characters in BakaTest, the only one you can make an arguement (however strong/weak it may be) that she is Yandere would be Himeji. Shouko on the otherhand you can NOT argue as Yandere in any way shape or form; if you do, then that also puts Minami as a Yandere, which none here to my knowledge actually has ever claimed as is.
No. Minami is a Tsundere. She uses violence to conceal her affection- and is generally a person with a temper towards everyone. Nor does she even adopt a Yamato Nadeshiko persona ever. Shouko on the other hand is only violent towards her love interest (or rivals for that love interest). She fits the "Love makes you crazy" part of Yandere.

Of course if you say that Yandere requires a concealment of those crazy tendencies behind a Yamato Nadeshiko exterior, then perhaps I can understand why you exclude Shouko. However, it is probably more accurate to say that Shouko went Yandere a long long time ago, and so her Yandere-ness was revealed previous to the start of the show- which is why her Yandere ways are open and obvious instead of being concealed. (Although even now Shouko still occasionally puts on a Yamato Nadeshiko surface.)

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 17:03   Link #1479
tsunade666

just watch episode 11 raw

Spoiler:
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 17:24   Link #1480
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
just watch episode 11 raw

Spoiler:
But however.

Spoiler for for manga:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen