AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 16:58   Link #661
Iromaru

I just checked Amazon and OH vol.1 is #140 in DVD and #23 in anime DVD categories. Not bad considering it's not even out yet. It should break 10k border.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 18:58   Link #662
WhiteWings

I think some people were too impatient to wait for the manga to progressed sufficiently before cashing in with a anime but nonethless the anime was quite decent till the end.

I found it amusing that while compared to the manga the big breasted girls like Himari, Lizlet, and Kuesu had their breast sizes upgraded by several sizes the other normal and small breasted girls like Rinko and Shizuku received no upgrades whatsoever.

Life isn't fair even in anime.
Old 2010-03-25, 20:13   Link #663
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

You know, not a bad ending for Omamori Himari, in fact I think it's great considering its manga counterpart is no where near done. But, the only thing that bothered me was,....

I pretty much predicted it all.

Ok guys, I admit. I worked on the production staff. I jerked your chains. I knew everything that was going to happen, and I apologize if the ending wasn't satisfactory.

Ok seriously, I really did predict the ending. Whoever doubts my Future Sight can rest easy now, but fact remains... MY KUESU DID NOTHING! HER CLOTHES WEREN'T EVEN REPAIRED!?!! AND WTF, SHE RETURNED TO HER OLD OUTFIT IN THE END!!!!! BLASPHEMOUS TREACHERY!!

By the way, I have to mention this, the eyecatch was great. Run out of girls to catch? Simply use the key ones

But in all seriousness, those of you who doubted Himari going super saiyan, shame on you I knew she was going to power up and kick the living fire out of the Kyuuchibi, and hell, she took care of everybody except Kaburagi. Darn, was hoping she'd decommission him. And so it's true, everyone can get creamed by Himari, and all it'll take is a Yuuto to calm her down. Remember I kept implying Yuuto was going to kill her? You guys should of picked up on that You know, I really hate knowing the future. All my life I've predicted almost everything that happened to me, and I'll quote a person to be unnamed (not many people like him, it seems):

"The moment you see your future, you have none."

But what the hell. Personal reasons aside, I enjoyed this series. We got our swimsuit episode so early, we got our censors, and we got 1 episode of... a gun-wielding Kuesu. TOTALLY NOT RADICAL, DUDE But, you guys didn't miss the amount of fanservice in this last episode, did you? We had it all, big boobies, pantsu shots, thank god they didn't strip another loli naked

So guys, you'll expect to see me in the Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou thread once it airs. That is, if my wireless carrier holds true to its "quality internet" And yeah, expect me to make more predictions there
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:27   Link #664
Dralha

Just finished last ep. This was a really enjoyable series. I liked the way it started out fast to get the setup out of the way, and then slowed to allow the story to unfold. Lots of lol's, lots of fanservice, great characters.

Spoiler for Ep 12:
Old 2010-03-25, 20:32   Link #665
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But in all seriousness, those of you who doubted Himari going super saiyan, shame on you
She didn't go Super Saiyan. She went Majin, or whatever the hell it was Yusuke did to Sensui.

Also... why did the Light Ferry change from a light based power to apparently a fire based power? Not even taking into account the whole clothes situation. Or the random gear/disc materialization.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:37   Link #666
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow that last episode....I'd say it was pretty sad overall. The berserk mode really did turn into a super power up without any downside. Well the only downside was to everyone else who got beat up by Himari. She gets saved and a different power up so she could take down the other guy. So when they say the Kyuubi and Shuten-doji were two of the top 3 they also meant to say that Himari was #1, . At least we had a group effort in the last episode. Was hoping for them to pull together instead the Kyuubi walked right into the "bit off more than she could chew" phrase.

Kind of a meh ending to the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I propose a spinoff.

Seikon no Kuesu.
Let's do it !
Old 2010-03-25, 20:58   Link #667
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She didn't go Super Saiyan. She went Majin, or whatever the hell it was Yusuke did to Sensui.
When I said super saiyan, I meant that as a joke as in "I leveled up!" (I thought that was pretty obvious considering how much DB has been joked about to death)

Quote:
Also... why did the Light Ferry change from a light based power to apparently a fire based power? Not even taking into account the whole clothes situation. Or the random gear/disc materialization.
They never did explain why Yasutsuna was extremely special in the anime did they? Or why Himari just couldn't use anything else other than that?

It's because Himari + Yasutsuna + Amakawa family = really really good. I wouldn't hold it to the anime trying to go into greater detail about why the Himari's chose to serve the Amakawa's, but the way I see it, [the anime] basically has it in that the Amakawa's used Light Ferry's to have their bodyguards do the damage for them (I seem to recall the Amakawa's not being very liked in the past, could be because of their methods like this [remember we are talking anime-wise, not the manga]). So be it taking the form of fire, water, or whatever would be understandable, likely due to the Amakawa, and not really the light powers or Himari's.

Unless there is some copyright issue with making Yasutsuna glowing like a lightsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kind of a meh ending to the series.
It seems like almost every manga that didn't have a conclusive enough story arc somewhere mid-way will always have a meh ending. Kind of sad
Old 2010-03-25, 22:31   Link #668
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone knows when the next manga vol. is released?
Old 2010-03-25, 23:43   Link #669
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Actually Omamori Himari manga is more popular than SnO manga, both in Japan and in internet.
Hmm~, statistics? Anything?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 23:48   Link #670
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I think part of that is that it is translated in chinese. Or it is licensed in China, one of those...
Old 2010-03-26, 01:54   Link #671
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
ANN have statistics for bestsellers in Japan, just check there.

Anyways a major lesson from the last episode: if you are an overpowered loli demon DON'T turn into big monster. It'll only make you weaker...
Old 2010-03-26, 01:55   Link #672
Johnny
Working the bags...

If it wasn't for the fan service this show was horrid. The ending was probably the worst episode of them all. I'll just stick to the manga counterpart and forget this ever existed...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 03:02   Link #673
mangatron

Quote:
Anyways a major lesson from the last episode: if you are an overpowered loli demon DON'T turn into big monster. It'll only make you weaker...
Wel, for her it originally is "Big Monster turning into loli demon turning back to original form" AKA Shizuku, so... Yeah, that is weird.

Himari took out a Daidorobachi(sp), a giant Kyuubi, and a oversized Iron Tager (Shuuten). So small sized things can match up against Himari, but large stuff take a plunge. Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If it wasn't for the fan service this show was horrid. The ending was probably the worst episode of them all. I'll just stick to the manga counterpart and forget this ever existed...
It wasn't bad from a normal viewpoint. The problem with manga to anime conversions, is that whenever the manga is brought into an anime discussion, the anime is always made into trash. Too sad. I'm not sure if any of you have the ability to selectively forget a certain memory, but for one moment think that there was no manga, and look back from ep 1 and all the way to 12 (forget the censors while you're at it), and do you honestly think this anime can't stand on it's own?

What if Matra Milan wanted it this way? Are you going to lose faith in him too?
Old 2010-03-26, 03:39   Link #674
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
The problem with manga to anime conversions, is that whenever the manga is brought into an anime discussion, the anime is always made into trash.
True. Manga is almost always much better so it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. And I wonder if they left out some manga chapters on purpose, to animate them later in S2 or OVA.

Spoiler for Ep.12:

Last edited by Iromaru; 2010-03-26 at 04:17.
Old 2010-03-26, 04:56   Link #675
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Spoiler for ep 12:
Old 2010-03-26, 07:09   Link #676
NoiharaHimari

is there a season 2 of OH? or OVA? any updates of OH?
NoiharaHimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 16:20   Link #677
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiharaHimari View Post
is there a season 2 of OH? or OVA? any updates of OH?
No info yet.
Old 2010-03-26, 16:54   Link #678
Nvis
Where are the good animes

They completely missed introducing the other 12? Demon Slayers.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 16:58   Link #679
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
ANN have statistics for bestsellers in Japan, just check there.
I checked, but not really anything there...? They have the weekly best sellers thing, but both manga are never together, it seems?
In fact, the one time SoraOto's manga got on the list, it has more weekly sells than any of the times Omamori Himari got on the list.

Also:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-4911.html
*6 ヘタリア
*8 きみとど
*9 でゅららら!
12(冬のソナタ・イベント)
13 そらのおとしもの <--SoraOto
15 れーるがん
20 おまひま <--Omamori Himari

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 01:47   Link #680
dark998

Decent series. I have seen better, I have seen much worse.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen