AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Is that jutsu the tails?
Yes, sad but true. 79 34.80%
No, I've waited this long and Kishimoto won't dissapoint. 148 65.20%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-04-02, 09:53   Link #181
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
It's the Kyuubi Cloak. In a different translation, Jiraiya says "Don't use that power". The translation that said "Don't use that jutsu" was just a sloppy translation.

Can't believe you've been arguing about this for 9 pages
9 pages and 3 years
Old 2010-04-02, 18:05   Link #182
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I'm not sure if I missed something but I believe "that" Jutsu is a new way of accessing the Nine-Tails Chakra that is safe and controllable. Possibly the power we saw Naruto use when he combined both the Nine-Tails and Sage Mode.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 19:54   Link #183
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I'm not sure if I missed something but I believe "that" Jutsu is a new way of accessing the Nine-Tails Chakra that is safe and controllable. Possibly the power we saw Naruto use when he combined both the Nine-Tails and Sage Mode.
Nop. not Sage Mode. Naruto didnīt know about sage mode and Jiraiya was already telling him to avoid using "that" jutsu.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 05:42   Link #184
Miles54321

That jutsu was mentioned season 1 of Part II guys and the frog said the black part of that thing on the scroll was for releasing all of kyuubi and the square was for using "that" jutsu, people should know by now that the "that" jutsu being referred to is NOT kyuubi *sigh*

This latest chapter proves it, here's the pic:

And if anyone STILL thinks it's Fuuton Rasengan or something, let me remind you he perfected that with toad mode and now in toad mode can throw it, the "that jutsu they're referring to is NOT rasengan or kyuubi or any other of naruto's techniques for that matter that we have already seen
Miles54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 14:27   Link #185
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
That jutsu must be tremendously powerful. I don't even think it's just the combination of sage chakra with the kyuubi's as a balance because Naruto used that already. I think that Jiraiya was just making preparations in order to let Naruto use that jutsu one day. We are not to be impatient. This will be it, the jutsu to defeat all the villains, the top-notch villain and his subordinates. It's the ace in Naruto's sleeves. We won't possibly miss him using it.
Old 2010-04-03, 14:34   Link #186
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ Miles, you may wanna crop the pic, links to full pages are bannable
Anyway, from the new info we got, "that" jutsu is neither FRS (can't be sage-related) nor kyuubi cloak (the frog does say it's a jutsu, same mistranslation twice?), so it's something we still haven't seen...here's hoping it's not another rasengan!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 16:25   Link #187
herculan

Agreed, When talking to the keyfrog jiraiya mentioned that the 4th might have sealed the kyuubi inside of naruto solely to perfect 'that' jutsu.. We've seen him tell naruto not to use 'that' jutsu before naruto left to save gaara. And since naruto was al confused and shocked when yamato told naruto that he was the one who hurt sakura with the 4tails and that he was the one doing all that damage, we can conclude that jiraiya never told naruto what happens when he uses the 4th's power.. He wouldn't have used it if he had known he 'd hurt his allies.. Because that's how he acted after yamato told him.
(I might be rasking and blabbering a lot, I hope it still makes sence)
But its definetly a jutsu that needs a lot of chakra since jiraiya and minato felt he needed the kyuubi's chakra to perfect it.. It must have a big downside if used wrong since jiraiya told him not to use it and naruto never ever used it no matter what situation he ended up in.. Maybe an improved version of minato's teleport jutsu? (since the actual teleport jutsu isn't something that requires the biyuu's chakra's...) I 'd like naruto to learn the teleport jutsu anyway..
Might never happen if you think about the fact that naruto has only 1 training session left and that probably being with the eight-tailes.. Eventhough he only mentioned meeting him, so they might just fight and not train together.. The eight-tails is communcating wit hthe eight-tailes thats not a way for naruto so he can't really train him..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 08:30   Link #188
Miles54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
Agreed, When talking to the keyfrog jiraiya mentioned that the 4th might have sealed the kyuubi inside of naruto solely to perfect 'that' jutsu.. We've seen him tell naruto not to use 'that' jutsu before naruto left to save gaara. And since naruto was al confused and shocked when yamato told naruto that he was the one who hurt sakura with the 4tails and that he was the one doing all that damage, we can conclude that jiraiya never told naruto what happens when he uses the 4th's power.. He wouldn't have used it if he had known he 'd hurt his allies.. Because that's how he acted after yamato told him.
(I might be rasking and blabbering a lot, I hope it still makes sence)
But its definetly a jutsu that needs a lot of chakra since jiraiya and minato felt he needed the kyuubi's chakra to perfect it.. It must have a big downside if used wrong since jiraiya told him not to use it and naruto never ever used it no matter what situation he ended up in.. Maybe an improved version of minato's teleport jutsu? (since the actual teleport jutsu isn't something that requires the biyuu's chakra's...) I 'd like naruto to learn the teleport jutsu anyway..
Might never happen if you think about the fact that naruto has only 1 training session left and that probably being with the eight-tailes.. Eventhough he only mentioned meeting him, so they might just fight and not train together.. The eight-tails is communcating wit hthe eight-tailes thats not a way for naruto so he can't really train him..
I really hope it isn't the teleportation technique, besides, naruto is not on that kind of level in terms of speed unless he is using kyubbi, he was never a speed style fighter
Miles54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:30   Link #189
doubleflamerasengan
Dont tell me..you looked

It has got to be something we havent seen before otherwise creating the suspense of a new jutsu would of been pointless and it would of been something jiraiya would of taught him for a worse case scenario.

and another point he is perfecting a jutsu so we wouldnt of seen it before.
doubleflamerasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 18:43   Link #190
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles54321 View Post
I really hope it isn't the teleportation technique, besides, naruto is not on that kind of level in terms of speed unless he is using kyubbi, he was never a speed style fighter
I think he was fast when fighting Pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleflamerasengan View Post
It has got to be something we havent seen before otherwise creating the suspense of a new jutsu would of been pointless and it would of been something jiraiya would of taught him for a worse case scenario.

I could imagine it to destroy the Kyuubi while the jutsu is tremendously powerful, just like nothing we've seen so far.
He could also destroy the world with it and at the same time create a new one.
Old 2010-04-04, 18:50   Link #191
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The thing that bucks me is that everyone's always talking about perfecting "that jutsu", while we probably still haven't seen Naruto even trying to use it, and have no idea what it's eventually going to be.

This means that now's the last chance to show the learning process of that jutsu. Else we end up with our expectations blown into the sky by an introduction speech to an opponent right before Naruto uses it.
Old 2010-04-04, 18:57   Link #192
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The thing that bucks me is that everyone's always talking about perfecting "that jutsu", while we probably still haven't seen Naruto even trying to use it, and have no idea what it's eventually going to be.

This means that now's the last chance to show the learning process of that jutsu. Else we end up with our expectations blown into the sky by an introduction speech to an opponent right before Naruto uses it.
He trained for two years and only came back with the Odama Rasengan and an improved use of Kage Bunshin. I think they spent most of the time with training and perfecting that jutsu.

Why should Jiraiya even bother saying "Don't use it" if Naruto couldn't use it?

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 19:36   Link #193
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Of course Naruto has been practicing that jutsu for a long time now. What I'm talking about is that we haven't got to see it, and that I fear that we won't see the learning process at all.
Old 2010-04-05, 07:31   Link #194
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^Of course Naruto has been practicing that jutsu for a long time now. What I'm talking about is that we haven't got to see it, and that I fear that we won't see the learning process at all.
I fear that, too. I want to learn that jutsu in order to become stronger.
Old 2010-04-05, 07:39   Link #195
doubleflamerasengan
Dont tell me..you looked

Quote:
Excactly, its gonna have to be something we havent seen yet
Old 2010-04-05, 08:12   Link #196
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
If it is perfect control of the kyuubi just like KillerBee does then it's clear what it is. With Jiraiya they went up to 3 tails, at 4 Naruto completely lost control. It was known to the kages that only 4 people ever had perfect control over their demon, so maybe Jiraiya wanted Naruto to be the 5th. In the recent chapter we see that Naruto will meet with KillerBee, so it's clear that the "key" + KillerBee's help will lead Naruto to perfect control. KillerBee could not only transform into the demon itself but could also use the chakra armor and tails ability. In Naruto's case we have already seen the abilities against Orochimaru, the chakra hands and bullets. And i think seeing that as Naruto's new fighting style would be not so interesting, also becoming a monster in his fights is not too interesting for the main character. However Jiraiya didn't think of sage mode, if we add sage mode to this then Naruto will surpass all hosts and demon controllers (KillerBee, 1st hokage), which i think is obvious since he is the main character. He has already combined rasengan with wind chakra to surpass everyone, and now he can combine kyuubi and sage modes. We have already seen a glimpse of this, his eye when the two combined, when he was talking with Nagato. Kishimoto invented the 5 minute limit and the kage bunshin limit and the standing still limit, so that he can lift those limits at a later time.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:53   Link #197
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
. However Jiraiya didn't think of sage mode
Jiraiya made Naruto sign the frog scroll himself, so how could he not have the sage mode in mind?
In the first episodes we also witnessed Minato standing on a frog, the question is if he had the same thing in mind, too. Another good question: Why is Minato's name not between Jiraiya and Naruto on the scroll? Jiraiya had made the pact before Minato was even born, so Jiraiya's name should not be written next to Naruto's if Minato could summon frogs by himself.
Old 2010-04-05, 09:02   Link #198
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleflamerasengan View Post

I've changed my mind, I 've considered all the information and I think that controlling the kyuubi has something to do with this jutsu.. I think what we saw with pain was simply naruto getting so pissed off that he used his secret technique.. I don't know but the only argument I could think against it being the kyuubi is that naruto was shocked when yamato told him he attacked them, but that simply means that jiraiya never mentioned naruto that he could harm someone and that naruto just lost control, it doesn't mean that it didn't start out as teaching naruto to control the kyuubi.. HMm.. I've got a lot of thoughts running through my mind and I really don't know what to believe anymore..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:03   Link #199
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Jiraiya made Naruto sign the frog scroll himself, so how could he not have the sage mode in mind?
He never trained Naruto to be a sage, so when he talked about "that jutsu" he didn't have sage mode in mind. So the outcome of sage+kyuubi mode can be much more interesting than just what Jiraiya wanted to do. And assuming Jiraiya wanted Naruto to become like KillerBee we can bet that Naruto will come up with a power that's beyond that.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:47   Link #200
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He never trained Naruto to be a sage, so when he talked about "that jutsu" he didn't have sage mode in mind. So the outcome of sage+kyuubi mode can be much more interesting than just what Jiraiya wanted to do.
He just wouldn't have trained him because it's dangerous and he had never mastered it to begin with.
The alliance with the frogs itself means learning how to use the sage arts once in a while. It's as natural as it was for Anko and Sasuke to learn snake techniques.

Quote:
And assuming Jiraiya wanted Naruto to become like KillerBee we can bet that Naruto will come up with a power that's beyond that.
Naruto has the stronger demon inside himself, so of course he'll be more powerful even without sage chakra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles54321 View Post
And if anyone STILL thinks it's Fuuton Rasengan or something, let me remind you he perfected that with toad mode and now in toad mode can throw it, the "that jutsu they're referring to is NOT rasengan or kyuubi or any other of naruto's techniques for that matter that we have already seen
Kakashi came up with an elemental recomposition of the Rasengan. It has nothing to do with Jiraiya. Never. Not.