AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-20, 01:45   Link #521
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Just got to watching episode 7 today, and Yamada certainly made the episode great , and I like Ryou's work on the VA for her, it's first role with decent amount of lines that I've seen her do besides Kyou in Clannad.

Also I think Kyouko x Yachiyo, is set in Yachiyo's mind now more than ever after being called "most important belonging" by Kyouko. Though watching Yachiyo find out the truth from Yamada, and the aftermath of it was just comedy wise gold. So overall not sure it's "best" episode but I sure enjoyed and raised my opinion on the show some more.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 03:49   Link #522
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Just got to watching episode 7 today, and Yamada certainly made the episode great , and I like Ryou's work on the VA for her, it's first role with decent amount of lines that I've seen her do besides Kyou in Clannad.

Also I think Kyouko x Yachiyo, is set in Yachiyo's mind now more than ever after being called "most important belonging" by Kyouko. Though watching Yachiyo find out the truth from Yamada, and the aftermath of it was just comedy wise gold. So overall not sure it's "best" episode but I sure enjoyed and raised my opinion on the show some more.
I think the ending was inconclusive

So Yachiyo finds out that she's like by Sato and says 'he's the best guy in the world' or something. And it ends there. So...what just happened?

KonaKaga....KonataKagami?

Well, it's a bit late of an aniversary but to celebrate legalisation of same sex marriage in Massachusetts on 17th May
Spoiler for Enjoy good friend:

I wonder if this will end like Seitokai no Ichizon where after 10 episodes of just relationships going no-where at the end it finally sees some actual serious pairing occuring. So...Yamada/Souma, Takanashi/Inami, Yachiyo/Kyouko end?

Sorry Sanji.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about the girls, not that i dislike them of course(well maybe the whole kyouko x yachiyo bit) in that restaurant except for the fact they made the male employees even more amusing to watch.
Actually, there are the one's who make it interesting.

As much as one would like to complain about Poplar screentime, this is Takanashi's show and he's the main viewpoint character. The one who gets abused both at work and at home.

I've been conditioned to see a horrible yandere end at home.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 04:07   Link #523
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
I think the ending was inconclusive

So Yachiyo finds out that she's like by Sato and says 'he's the best guy in the world' or something. And it ends there. So...what just happened?
I think Satou managed to convince Yachiyo that Yamada misunderstood his treatment of her. i.e. he suggested that he was treating her kindly because he was concerned about the ghost that was attached to her...

Yes, it seems that Yachiyo is THAT dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
A1 Pictures has done better in 2 years than GONZO did in 12
Well...A1 Pictures has the anime powerhouse of Aniplex behind it...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 04:51   Link #524
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:

I wonder if this will end like Seitokai no Ichizon where after 10 episodes of just relationships going no-where at the end it finally sees some actual serious pairing occurring. So...Yamada/Souma, Takanashi/Inami, Yachiyo/Kyouko end?

Sorry Sanji.

Actually, there are the one's who make it interesting.
Subs I saw said she said "I love Santou best out of the men in the world", which makes me wonder if she even considers him on the same level as the other girls besides Kyouko at the restaurant since for most part she doesn't even notice most of the guys besides Santou exists, so not like being called that means a whole lot right now, but ya I'd have to agree with karice, she really is that dense.

On 'final' reletionships I could see those pairings ending like that if we get any given how things are now, which I would prefer.

Quote:
As much as one would like to complain about Poplar screentime, this is Takanashi's show and he's the main viewpoint character. The one who gets abused both at work and at home.

I've been conditioned to see a horrible yandere end at home.
Yea I agree with you about part of Poplar's screentime.

P.S. Let's just hope Nazuna doesn't end up going yandere for Takanashi's sac .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 06:44   Link #525
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
P.S. Let's just hope Nazuna doesn't end up going yandere for Takanashi's sac .
What, she just genuinely wants to be helpful to her Oniichan in the most realistically non-annoying way, as should every imouto in existence if there's Good in this world . Though she does seem to enjoy being depended on by Souta, that's just another flag raised in her route of becoming the Akujou(lit. Evil Lady ,usually with a healthy dose of S )he so feared she'd become, not the typical clinginess shown by many yanderes-to-be. Deliciously manipulative, oh yes , but no yandere

..to get back on ep 7, i just noticed a small change in the ed sequence when previously Souma is seen looking depressed facing Poplar, it now also shows Aoi in that scene in front of Poplar facing Souma..which makes a lot more sense now
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 06:47   Link #526
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
..to get back on ep 7, i just noticed a small change in the ed sequence when previously Souma is seen looking depressed facing Poplar, it now also shows Aoi in that scene in front of Poplar facing Souma..which makes a lot more sense now
Exactly; who could possibly be depressed when Poplar's looking at you like that?
Old 2010-05-20, 20:14   Link #527
velderia
Former NEET.

Spoiler for ep7:
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 22:13   Link #528
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yachiyo is scary when she gets mad and when she pull out that sword she looks like she going to kill some on
Old 2010-05-21, 14:14   Link #529
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Rewatched a few of the episodes (somehow I skipped the valentine ep ??????) and this is now my most anticipated series each week. The anime-sphere needs more seinen
Old 2010-05-21, 14:51   Link #530
JediNight
キズランダム

Well GDH probably wasn't quite as big as Aniplex, but just having a large company behind you doesn't guarantee success. GONZO was producing like 4-6 titles a year or more it seemed, but they were nearly all crap.

I first liked A1 because of Kannagi and Birdy Decode, because their animation style appeals to me with the fluid motions used at times. At first I thought Yutaka Yamamoto formed A1, since that was the credited studio for Kannagi until I found out it was really Ordet.

Not all of A1's shows are considered "popular", but most of them I don't consider bad really, whereas a lot of GONZO's stuff was just plain bad.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 15:14   Link #531
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Rewatched a few of the episodes (somehow I skipped the valentine ep ??????) and this is now my most anticipated series each week. The anime-sphere needs more seinen
agreed thats funny i was saying the same thing to a friend of mine yesterday. But hes a die hard shounen fan.
Old 2010-05-21, 15:38   Link #532
ZODDGUTS

The animation from A-1 Pictures is also far more consistent than Gonzo ever was, which was all over the place.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 17:05   Link #533
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I haven't really seen enough series from both companies to comment on their consistency or lack thereof...(though Gonzo has done some of my favs...so it's a bit of a pity...)

Quote:
I keep rewatching the episode too - or rather, parts of them (e.g. the start of episode 6 ) The wait for this week's episode has been...rough, for want of a better word. Two more days!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 18:57   Link #534
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I can say the second half of Working is redeeming itself after watching Episode 7. Before that, we get the same and tiring jokes such as Inami's punching men so much it gets old... but they seem to manage to get out of that hole. I hope the rest of the season doesn't disappoint me like the first half.
Old 2010-05-21, 23:26   Link #535
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
There's a lot of Seinen. It's just that it leans towards fanservice and moe, whether that's a bad thing or not I would like to see some other seinen animated that has a developed plot (Historie). We have K-On, Working, Ikki Tousen, Koihime Musou.

Quote:
Yachiyo is scary when she gets mad and when she pull out that sword she looks like she going to kill some on
Captain Obvious much?
Old 2010-05-21, 23:32   Link #536
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Count me as a bit surprised that Ikki Tousen was seinen (o.O) ... but yeah I should have specified what *kind* of material I meant.
Old 2010-05-21, 23:45   Link #537
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Count me as a bit surprised that Ikki Tousen was seinen (o.O) ... but yeah I should have specified what *kind* of material I meant
Mind=Blown!!

Inami/Miku is that Chinese Girl from Senko No Night Raid who speaks horrible mandarin.

Well, nice try anyway.

And I must say never thought of this before...

Spoiler for Crossover:

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-05-22 at 00:55.
Old 2010-05-22, 00:55   Link #538
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Mind=Blown!!

Inami/Miku is that Chinese Girl from Senko No Night Raid who speaks horrible mandarin.

Well, nice try anyway.
Heh... she's also Momoha from Manabi Straight. Hmmm, Mina from Tokimeki isn't so surprising though.
Old 2010-05-22, 00:57   Link #539
satomianzaki

really really really need more of kawaii poplar-chan...hehe...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 01:35   Link #540
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
really really really need more of kawaii poplar-chan...hehe...
Damn long ass tag page.

Spoiler for PoplarInami? Even though it wasn't tagged as yuri by artist:

Spoiler for ot3?:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-23 at 04:45. Reason: removed potentially spoilerish content

Tags
comedy, seinen