AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 14:52   Link #941
satomianzaki

yey!!! next episode will be taneshima's...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 17:58   Link #942
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
yey!!! next episode will be taneshima's...
Not to burst people's bubbles or anything, but this isn't the first time that the preview has been misleading
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:09   Link #943
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Got caught up with the last two episodes and they were pretty entertaining... Besides from the punching, Popura seems to like the trap Souta... You know what that means...

Oh yeah... there is the love triangle thats going around too. Hopefully they don't take it too seriously...
Old 2010-06-15, 20:52   Link #944
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Love is simple, Love is complicated, it's a lot of things. But you have to really look at the characters to judge how the love is based on anything and if it's a good relationship or not. Lots of love comes from an attraction like Satou to Yachiyo, but on the other hand it's kind of baseless how he knows it's wrong, he's bitter about it, and he hasn't gotten over it or express it to anyone.

It's one of those things that hurts because no one can communicate or just say what they really think. (Except Poplar, she could make a confession to someone who isn't real. XD)
Baseless? I've seen this in real life, especially in guys around his age - he knows it's wrong to be attracted to them for the superficial reasons, but emotions don't usually react well to reason, and just because you KNOW something's wrong doesn't mean you'll be able to turn the feelings off. It's the same reason battered wives, despite knowing better, often stick by their abusers.

This is certainly more 'real' than some anime relationships I can name, especially harems where everyone loves the loser because... well, because if they didn't, there'd be no story. Souma's trying to force something to happen, ditto Yamada; that's why the former keeps trying to get Yachiyo to spend more time around Satou, while the latter flatly stated what Satou's feelings were... and Yachiyo's so flighty that as soon as Kyouko returned, she immediately stopped even TRYING to hang with Satou in the 'serving' relationship without so much as a 'bye-bye!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
It's another case of suspending sense of disbelief. And I really can't for Jun because he hardly treats Yachiyo different than anyone. He's also been around her for years and knows everything about her. I get that he can fall for her that way, it just surprises me he never got over it and chooses to still be irritable and cold because of it. Romance, has made him a worse person.

Kozue is fun, bordering on sad. If you watch any anime with some 20-aged girl, loves to drink, sad about not finding a man, they can make for messed up characters. Sometimes fun, sometimes sympathetic, but other times it can be creepy.
From what we see, Satou's always been rather unexpressive - the flashback suggests he's always acted this way, and his falling for Yachiyo was more an accident than anything that occured just because she was cute and in his age group. And the fact she's stuck on Kyouko annoys him, especially as he sees her as even more of a slacker than he is... and yet Yachiyo can't help but keep following Kyouko around.

And since he's been watching this for YEARS, of course he's gotten bitter - he knows it's hopeless, but he can't just cut off the damned non-relationship and keeps doing nice things for Yachiyo despite his better judgment. It's a hopeless situation, which he knows he has to get out of one day... but he's yet to quit, although it looks like he may do so once he's done university, since he won't need THIS job anymore. At least, I hope he's going to university to get streamed into something else other than being a short-order cook.

As for Kozue, I suspect she's been messed up since she left high school for some reason. No idea why, except for maybe how she has little sense... and given the way hitting guys seems to be a habit in her household, one that she could have dragged into her relationships, only to find out that for some inexplicable reason - to her family, anyways - that guys don't appreciate being treated as punching bags, and tend to leave.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 21:03   Link #945
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
It's too bad that there's only one episode left of this
Two episodes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 00:21   Link #946
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Well I guess it boils down to a simple case of the "Love Makes You Stupid" trope. But then again, it's based on how humorous you find everything between the three. (I include Kyouko with this, because that's where most of Yachiyo's brain lies)
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 03:11   Link #947
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Two episodes.
Oh, 13 episodes then? Awesome! I'm predicting that the next one will be more focused on Poplar (yes, I know that previews are often misleading, but they already broke the fourth wall there. Don't let its sacrifice be in vain!) and I think the last episode will be either focusing on Matsumoto Maya (the yet-speaking glasses waitress) or coming from her p.o.v. Let's just wait and see...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 05:43   Link #948
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh, 13 episodes then? Awesome! I'm predicting that the next one will be more focused on Poplar (yes, I know that previews are often misleading, but they already broke the fourth wall there. Don't let its sacrifice be in vain!) and I think the last episode will be either focusing on Matsumoto Maya (the yet-speaking glasses waitress) or coming from her p.o.v. Let's just wait and see...
hmmm, thinking about the last episode being her POV is kinda good i think. maybe she is gonna resign from her part time job or something, it kinda gives an end but you know it will still go on.
Old 2010-06-16, 05:47   Link #949
Qikz

Quote:
an end but you know it will still go on.
I really hope so. <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 13:45   Link #950
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm actually thinking working! won't actually have a proper ending, they'll just get Takanashi or someone remarking that they'll still be there, doing their crazy shenanigans and working "hard" every day the same way they always did and the credits will roll. There's just no other way to "end" this since it clearly could be carried on for a very long time and I for one hope that a second season is considered fast cause Working has been one of the best surprises I've had for a long time in anime.
Old 2010-06-16, 14:30   Link #951
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm actually thinking working! won't actually have a proper ending, they'll just get Takanashi or someone remarking that they'll still be there, doing their crazy shenanigans and working "hard" every day the same way they always did and the credits will roll. There's just no other way to "end" this since it clearly could be carried on for a very long time and I for one hope that a second season is considered fast cause Working has been one of the best surprises I've had for a long time in anime.
Agreed. I think they already left Takanashi and Inami at a very good place in Ep 11; I'm hoping for a little more development on the Satou x Yachiyo front.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 17:44   Link #952
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im starting to wonder how Yachiyo would react if Satou really did leave. She looked quite distressed when she thinking about it. As pointed out its not like others have not left and but when faced with the thought of him leaving she really did get all chocked up but was back to her usual self after a few words for her goddess lol. With 2 episodes left any development i get on this front is good for me.

I think they have left Inami in a good place with the last episode. She finally had courage to ask Katanashi if he would still care/watch out for her if she was cured. The obvious answer is yes especially if the guy didnt have to worry about getting punched everyday lol. People tend to get close when the other is not beating the crap out of the other one lol. I especially love how "not subtle" Katanashi's sister was. Her answer to the Inami situation was to simply throw her into the room and hope nature would take over. Honestly, if it was any other guy but him the guy would have had to be admitted to the ER Inami in an enclosed space in a males room. Its like locking a rabbit in pin with a hungry wolf. Well his sister was right nature did take its course in the form "old maid" i laughed my ass when i saw that. I still think Inami and Katanashi are very very suited for one another even if neither of them truly understand it yet.

I think the series would have done much better with 20 something episode run but iv still enjoyed the run its been one of my favorites of the season so far. I dont have to put much thought into it just have fun watching the "mental cases" that work there lol.

Poplar gets her chance next they really haven't gotten much into her. I did find her crossing dressing fan girl mode amusing.
Old 2010-06-16, 19:01   Link #953
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im starting to wonder how Yachiyo would react if Satou really did leave. She looked quite distressed when she thinking about it. As pointed out its not like others have not left and but when faced with the thought of him leaving she really did get all chocked up but was back to her usual self after a few words for her goddess lol. With 2 episodes left any development i get on this front is good for me.

I think they have left Inami in a good place with the last episode. She finally had courage to ask Katanashi if he would still care/watch out for her if she was cured. The obvious answer is yes especially if the guy didnt have to worry about getting punched everyday lol. People tend to get close when the other is not beating the crap out of the other one lol. I especially love how "not subtle" Katanashi's sister was. Her answer to the Inami situation was to simply throw her into the room and hope nature would take over. Honestly, if it was any other guy but him the guy would have had to be admitted to the ER Inami in an enclosed space in a males room. Its like locking a rabbit in pin with a hungry wolf. Well his sister was right nature did take its course in the form "old maid" i laughed my ass when i saw that. I still think Inami and Katanashi are very very suited for one another even if neither of them truly understand it yet.

I think the series would have done much better with 20 something episode run but iv still enjoyed the run its been one of my favorites of the season so far. I dont have to put much thought into it just have fun watching the "mental cases" that work there lol.

Poplar gets her chance next they really haven't gotten much into her. I did find her crossing dressing fan girl mode amusing.
Well, the mangaka DID say Yachiyo was based around Hachiko the faithful dog... so I suspect her being upset with the idea of Satou leaving's less because she's fond of him in a 'more than friends' way and more in the way you'd be a bit sad if an old family friend or a member of the family was leaving the household and you behind as they made their own way into the wider world... whereas Yachiyo's content to figuratively 'wait at home' for Kyouko. The only 'development' that'd take place between the three is Satou leaving - otherwise it'll be the same old painful status quo for him.

Now let's just hope Poplar actually gets her episode, next episode...
Old 2010-06-16, 22:09   Link #954
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wait why didnt Inami punch Takanashi when she was in the same room as him she was close enough to punch him many times
Old 2010-06-16, 22:33   Link #955
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Wait why didnt Inami punch Takanashi when she was in the same room as him she was close enough to punch him many times
Guilt + Growing Like + Reassurance that Souta won't stop hanging around her if she stops punching guys. Plus, she already did it earlier that day to the point where he nearly died and that's more than enough punching for the episode.
Old 2010-06-16, 23:51   Link #956
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess she really has been improving, especially after Souta 'assured' her that their relationship would get better, which was really the only thing holding her back at that time.

I'm not optimistic enough to think yachiyo might see jun as more than friends yet, but at least this has shown that THIS 'friend' might just be abit different from all the others that came through the place... Then again, maybe he's just the longest/oldest
Old 2010-06-17, 00:11   Link #957
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm not optimistic enough to think yachiyo might see jun as more than friends yet, but at least this has shown that THIS 'friend' might just be abit different from all the others that came through the place... Then again, maybe he's just the longest/oldest
I always thought it was more that he's the only one her age who didn't bully the hell out of her (at least not until recently) for carrying a sword. Remember how she had a bit of a fear of interacting with people in her age group due to that... so having her 'only friend' that's close to her age leave her behind would make her feel lonely. At least until she reassured herself Kyouko wasn't going anywhere...
Old 2010-06-17, 00:16   Link #958
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It wasn't that kyouko wasn't leaving her, it was when she told yachiyo that it doesn't mean that jun would leave that soon...
Old 2010-06-17, 07:59   Link #959
Sol Falling

Um, Satou clearly (well, I suppose not quite that clearly :P) has a chance with Yachiyo lol. It was apparent at least from my perspective as early as, I think, maybe episode 4. The idea is that physical attraction doesn't necessarily require or have anything to do with mental/rational/conscious acknowledgement of it. There are only two basic requirements for this sort of attraction and this sort of situation, and they are that first. a basic degree of respect/admiration is required in order to override any outright rejection of either party as a sexual entity; and second, a sense of physical awareness, in particular as a sexed/gendered beings (i.e. as a Man, as a Woman), to provide the reactivity. Yachiyo's emotional respect/attachment for Satou has already been made more than obvious over the course of the series, his special status for her beyond any of her other acquaintances already repeatedly demonstrated/played for humour. Meanwhlie Yachiyo's physical awareness/responsiveness to Satou has also been exhibited several times, in the extreme sensitivity she sometimes displays to his gestures/movements when she's aware of his attention on her, in particular the occasions he comes off as angry.

So what I'm basically saying is, I think all Satou's romantic sufferings are pretty much his own damn fault. :P He essentially has all the damn tools he could ever need to dial up the sexual tension with Yachiyo right here right now, and start making her think about what she might actually want from him, but all he's done in the entire show thus far has been pretty much play the passive pussy. The way Yachiyo feels comfortable/complacent around Satou right now is due to how from her perspective he comes off like a nice guy who'll non-commitally put up with her babbling about Kyoko, but her extreme reactivity when Satou doesn't seem to be patiently humouring her shows how anxious she is about what he's really thinking. If Satou would simply use that inadvertent enigmatism then to excite her pleasantly instead of frightening her with random bursts of anger which make her think he's rejecting her (like he's doing now), I think he could really get somewhere.

This is pretty much a standard 'dense girl' romantic scenario. The only difference is that it's straddling the line between lame comedic shounens and saccharine shoujos where the pursuer protagonist hasn't got a clue what they're doing, and the more brilliant smutty romances (er, shoujo I guess) which are trashy but fun. Kyouko's involvement in this hardly means anything in the greater (romantic) scheme of things, and I say this as someone who has more or less embraced becoming a rabid yuri fan; the possibilities behind Kyouko and Yachiyo were actually part of what drew me in during the initial episodes, but it quickly became and remains obvious that to call their relationship anything approaching 'romantic' could hardly be more of a joke.

lol, but yeah, not that I'm hyper-focused on Yachiyo x Jun or anything. I'm really looking forward to Poplar's episode coming up this week, and Yamada has rather significantly grown on me over the past few episodes. I had no idea really that I'd have such a solid experience with this anime, and it really is a shame (for now) that we'll only be getting two more episodes.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 22:00   Link #960
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Satou's issues ARE his own fault, but at the same time, Kyouko has no interest in the triangle and basically sees Yachiyo as another henchman (well, henchwoman) who provides services and accompanies her, while also being (sort of) a friend, since they've been together so long. Satou doesn't like to express himself much... and at the same time, I suspect part of his angst is due to the fact he really doesn't feel Yachiyo would be a good match for him, as he recognizes his attraction to her was primarily physical (and may remain that way), which means he's annoyed by his own superficiality... but can't let that go entirely. Witness Episode 11, where he said he had been too naive at the time.

Yachiyo sees Satou primarily as a friend in her age group - the only one who didn't bully her for carrying a sword (and barely comments on it, like Kyouko), and she feels he's a "safe" person to deal with since he has no interest in Kyouko - that's why she 'trusts' him, unlike Otoo, even though both Otoo and Satou provide Kyouko with food. She doesn't seem to react to him as a guy, at least not in a sexual manner; she can get SCARED of him, but that's more due to his delinquent look (like Kyouko), but without him ever having gone in to save her the first time they'd met, the way Kyouko did. But she trusts Satou, which is why she kept going to him to regale him with stories about what Kyouko was doing that day, and how she felt about her, and so forth... and Satou's like for Yachiyo kept him from immediately acting on his annoyance (which usually ends up being physical harassment, if not verbal).

And unfortunately for Satou, his restraint makes Yachiyo think he's interested in hearing more about Kyouko and that he's trustworthy... especially since he doesn't react at ALL to Kyouko as a woman, due to the way she annoys him by being a glutton, as well as having fixated Yachiyo completely on her. And that is why he uses it to try to drive her off - after all, he's been calling her Todoroki for YEARS despite their being around long enough to be on a first-name basis the way she is with Kyouko. He doesn't really WANT her, but still can't completely cut off all his feelings, which are based more on physical attraction than any emotional compatibility; she's sensitive to his moods... only when he's not being very subtle about his displeasure. Otherwise she'd have taken his silence for the disinterest it was AGES ago.

Tags
comedy, seinen