AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 23:11   Link #22661
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Good job, Kaisos. Much better than my alternative take on the scene~.
Old 2010-06-14, 07:09   Link #22662
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
O_O he did it... he actually did it.... (it was french... I think...)
Old 2010-06-15, 20:59   Link #22663
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Here we go, people. Probably the final and most correct version of Boredom, I hope.

Many thanks to Heatth for his effective proofreading. Where is he though? He really should be here for this. Thanks also to s07195 for giving a good go at an editjob.

Spoiler for Boredom Part 5 & Final:
So we've decided on 'Pirates', then?
Also, if this is the absolute final version, donn't you think we should put it up on Baka-tsuki?

Quote:
Here, we have a preview for the BLR rewrite. RL prevents me from completely finishing Part 1.
Even if this is just a preview, it's seriously looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherby~ View Post
By order of Danchou and Kaisos, I bring you guys this thing I drew for Kaisos's newest piece of work:

Spoiler for BEHOLD.:

Full size here.
This picture is made of win.

So the rest of Sighs will be posted up here snippet by snippet?
Goddamn word limit...Whaddya mean 'over 50000 words? It's just the posts here are long, that's all.
Old 2010-06-17, 03:49   Link #22664
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Thanks for reading, people.

But seriously, we could use an editor. Someone to go through whole passages clenched with diamond making pressure. When I said final version; it's only that I expect no more major reworkings. All that's left is for an editor to check the grammar and rephrase lines that don't flow so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
So we've decided on 'Pirates', then?
Ah, one of the 'bridge cross later' cases. Well, the bridge is right here. Aren't we supposed to organize a vote or something?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 02:07   Link #22665
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
I made a Kyonko version of the Fukkireta meme. I've already posted this at the art thread, though via an edit of my old post.

The best quality is on DeviantArt, though it's on YouTube and Nico as well.
sonicspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 10:29   Link #22666
s07195
However,

Quote:
Thanks for reading, people.

But seriously, we could use an editor. Someone to go through whole passages clenched with diamond making pressure. When I said final version; it's only that I expect no more major reworkings. All that's left is for an editor to check the grammar and rephrase lines that don't flow so well.
I'll try do one as soon as my exams finish on Friday.

Quote:
Ah, one of the 'bridge cross later' cases. Well, the bridge is right here. Aren't we supposed to organize a vote or something?
+1 for Pirates.

EDIT: And what does 'bridge cross later' mean other than one of the many fanfics in the archive?
Old 2010-06-20, 12:02   Link #22667
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The terms 'bridge cross later' means it is something that was brought up that the group or person wants to put off until a later date when it becomes important. We had a lot of those early on when the group was on earlier stories but problems or situations from later stories came up. It is a short version of "We will cross that bridge when we get to it".
Old 2010-06-21, 11:31   Link #22668
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The terms 'bridge cross later' means it is something that was brought up that the group or person wants to put off until a later date when it becomes important. We had a lot of those early on when the group was on earlier stories but problems or situations from later stories came up. It is a short version of "We will cross that bridge when we get to it".
And there are many more bridges to come after.
Old 2010-06-22, 04:24   Link #22669
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Hey everybody, I vanished, again. But now I am back, again. And I am sure I won't disappear again. Probably, yeah.

Anyway, I am firing myself from the position as the main coder of the VN project. I am not very skilled, not very experienced and quite obviously I've also proved to not be very reliable. I've only volunteered myself because there were no one else at time, anyway. Now we have Silvita, who is way more skilled then I, no point dragging the project behind with my uselessness.

Sorry for all the trouble Silvita.

However, I have no intention to quit the project. I still plan to help in any way I can.

Now to the backlogging. Sorry you all for quoting posts with over a month, but I am mostly just commenting the few new scenes we get while I was away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for confession:
That was awesome. I pity we will never get this animated. The faces would be hilarious.

Now, there are 2 things I found a bit weird.

First, I found Kyonko's jealously way over the top here. We have decided she is not attracted to Mitsuuru at all, right? That scene is kinda dubious in that aspect. I can understand it would be unconformable for Kyonko, not to mention it would be weird, since Itsuko and Mitsuuru don't have any chemistry at all. However, I feel Kyonko was just plan jealous of one of the two. Specially because she denied such jealously. Maybe if you could get more clear why such union is just wrong?

The second thing is based in the other scene. Reading only this one you believe Mitsuuru just gave a simple kiss Itsuko while he was drunk. However now we know it was not quite like that. For Kyonko, the idea of Itsuko accepting Mitsuuru would be much more unlikely after all that happened. And for Mitsuuru, his apologies were too soft. He did (or tried to do) a really bad thing. Way worse then 'stealing the first kiss'. His apologies should reflect that. Well, unless he lost his memories and no one bothered to explain fully to him, that is it (I can believe that possibility).

Quote:
We decided that since Mitsuuru probably has more tolerance for alcohol than Mikuru does (being male), he should instead try to seduce Itsuko on the spot.
Seduce? More tolerance? IT is not what I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClowKusanagi View Post
I've finished a seitenkan fanart, you guys can go check it out here, here, or here.
This is the wrong thread, but nice job. It is not at all similar to the original style, but I really like this overbrightness. I loved the background too.

Quote:
Many thanks to Heatth for his effective proofreading. Where is he though? He really should be here for this. Thanks also to s07195 for giving a good go at an editjob.
I am here for this. And you are welcome.

Also, "proofreading". I like that. "Proofreader" sound much more cool then "complainer".

Quote:
Spoiler for Boredom Part 5 & Final:
Again, very good. I don't really remember how it was the previous version, not do I remember clearly the previous parts, but reading some old posts it seem you fixed the points we have discussed. Well, you haven't added Kaisos version of the discussion over the cheerleader uniform, but you can't have everything

Anyway, now we need someone to go and read everything I one round, too seek for inconsistencies. See if everything is using the same terminology, for example. I can do that latter, but since by English is bad I can only help with internal consistence, and even then I am not that good (I tend to miss things while reading).

Quote:
Here, we have a preview for the BLR rewrite. RL prevents me from completely finishing Part 1.

Spoiler for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody Part 1 Preview:
Hmm, you haven't changed much have you? Except in the end, Haruki is very gay over there (not complaining, just pointing).

Anyway, I felt something was wrong for some reason. The main thing I could identify is Mitsuuru. I know he is just that pathetic, but Kyonko is really treating him as a girl here. She mention she had to 'protect' him, but I feel that 'care for' is more fitting no? Kyon can 'protect' Mikuru against Haruhi (not that he does that), but Kyonko is just a small girl and Haruki a big evil guy. I don't believe she has any pretension to act as his knight, more wanting to be like a mother or older sister and healing his (emotional) wounds. Also, that Mitsuuru line is too girly even for him:
Quote:
Ah, w, what is it? D, did I do something strange?"
After that he starts to make some cute movements for which Kyonko "melts". This sound fine for Kyon and Mikuru interaction, but weird with Kyonko and Mitsuuru.

Ah, sorry for criticizing too much. I know you haven't had the opportunity to do much in this short scene and I know how hard is to portrait a believable gender changed scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherby~ View Post
By order of Danchou and Kaisos, I bring you guys this thing I drew for Kaisos's newest piece of work:

Spoiler for BEHOLD.:

Full size here.
I have already said but it is really very good. Very pretty and a style quite similar to the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
I'm not sure why, but it feels weird to have Itsuko shorter than Mitsuuru.
That discussion again? As it can be seen in the FAQ it was decided that Itsuko is a little bit shorter then Mitsuru. But they are close enough to make him uncomfortable.

Anyway, although their noses and eyes shows who is shorter, the top of their head is at the same height in that image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Does that mean Sigh is finished now? That would take us to Live a Live (or what there a reason to do the film Genderbent?)
Sighs is no where near to finished yet. But why would we skip the film? IT seem it will get pretty interestingly different from the original.

Quote:
Spoiler for Drunktsuuru:
Ok, that was awesome. Loved it, really. I was wondering how this would be done, since it is harder to pity Mitsuuru then Mikuru. You did a pretty nice job changing the focus to Itsuko. Her reaction, whiling to go along until see that, yup, Haruki will go that far was quite good too. Mitsuuru believing he is the victim even tough he is the aggressor is quite funny too.

Now, I can see Haruki going as far as it was shown here. However, just a bit more it would be wrong, really wrong, really really wrong. OF course, I believe Haruki would stop before things goes that far. This was not made clear at all in the text, however(which is cool, since it is unfinished). The main problem with it is how it can be believable for Kyonko make up with Haruki latter on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Tell the truth, even if all that got posted here was these little partial snippets I'd probably still be content.
I agree. At last it would give more movement to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Tsuruya is kind of an asshole here isn't he? Wonder how he'll have to suck up to get out of this.
Female Tsuruya is hardly better. Like her, he probably only thought in all the wrongness of the situation after Kyon pointing.

Quote:
I don't particularly care, but I would vote for 'Ninjas'. Anyway, it should be decided so we can upload it inn Baka-Tsuki.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:36   Link #22670
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Anyway, I am firing myself from the position as the main coder of the VN project. I am not very skilled, not very experienced and quite obviously I've also proved to not be very reliable. I've only volunteered myself because there were no one else at time, anyway. Now we have Silvita, who is way more skilled then I, no point dragging the project behind with my uselessness.
I'm willing to help out too. I'm aspiring to become an application developer anyway, so this could be a good chance to get some practice.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 12:37   Link #22671
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Specially because she denied such jealously. Maybe if you could get more clear why such union is just wrong?
She's jealous of the two of them being in a relationship, not of Mitsuuru or Itsuko specifically.

Note Kyon's reaction in Vol. 4 to Taniguchi having a girlfriend. It's the same thing here; two of her close friends dating would bring out Kyonko's own inadequacies.

Plus, the two of them going at it is just plain WRONG in her mind.

Quote:
Well, unless he lost his memories and no one bothered to explain fully to him, that is it (I can believe that possibility).
This was going to be my explanation, yes. It's a messy subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I'm willing to help out too. I'm aspiring to become an application developer anyway, so this could be a good chance to get some practice.
Really? That'd be awesome. PM me your MSN and we'll talk.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 19:35   Link #22672
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I return from the dead to say this, "AWESOME!!!!!" And now I die again, I think...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 20:43   Link #22673
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Spoiler for jealousy:
Old 2010-06-23, 00:46   Link #22674
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Spoiler for jealousy:
Kyon is so tsundere.
Old 2010-06-26, 04:04   Link #22675
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Didn't we have a Seitenkan IRC channel? Is it still active?
Old 2010-06-26, 04:17   Link #22676
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagedanji View Post
didn't we have a seitenkan irc channel? Is it still active?
HOLY CRAP

IT'S THE DANGO

You were alive?!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 04:57   Link #22677
Kagedanji

More than 2 years of dango-ing about, now, but not much has happened. Nothing other than steadily being disappointed by anime since Druaga's last three episodes.

But really, is the Seitenkan IRC still around?
Old 2010-06-26, 06:42   Link #22678
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
HOLY CRAP

IT'S THE DANGO

You were alive?!
Dun, dun, DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
But really, is the Seitenkan IRC still around?
No idea, never knew there was one. Well, that, and I suck at using IRC.

EDIT: This is in CanadaAotS's signature: "Almost official Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan IRC channel - #kyonko on irc.rizon.net "

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2010-06-26 at 06:58.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 07:12   Link #22679
Kagedanji

Amazing. There's a single person in there who I think I vaguely remember. I sure hope he didn't die at his comp screen two years ago. But you can't use irc.rizon.net, you have to go to rizon.net and choose the option to connect to irc from there, if that makes sense.

Let's revive Seitenkan chat! Y'know, if it was actually dead before i rediscovered it. I'm still not clear on that.
Old 2010-06-26, 10:29   Link #22680
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Amazing. There's a single person in there who I think I vaguely remember. I sure hope he didn't die at his comp screen two years ago. But you can't use irc.rizon.net, you have to go to rizon.net and choose the option to connect to irc from there, if that makes sense.

Let's revive Seitenkan chat! Y'know, if it was actually dead before i rediscovered it. I'm still not clear on that.
I used to stop by there every so often. Too bad there was never anyone there when I came by.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan