Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-31, 01:22   Link #941
yakumo-chan

Hinata is out!

Im going for karin!
Old 2010-07-31, 01:32   Link #942
james0246

^Just switch to Hanabi. You get all the white-eyed Hyuuga you can handle, without that annoying backstory (blahblahblah-love Naruto-blahblahblah) or uncomfortable looking "naughty pillows". Plus, Hanabi routinely kicks Hinata's ass (showing her that udders are not replacements for talent or skill)...j/k

Seriously though, let's stop giving Naruto the Sasuke rejects...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 02:21   Link #943
yakumo-chan

I thought finding naruto's girl was supposed to be his opposite personality.... since Kushina and Minato are opposite personality....
Old 2010-07-31, 02:44   Link #944
Janifuu
緩和

NaruSaku has always had the strongest likelihood and indication to happen, and I really don't think that's changed at all.
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 02:46   Link #945
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Just switch to Hanabi. You get all the white-eyed Hyuuga you can handle, without that annoying backstory (blahblahblah-love Naruto-blahblahblah) or uncomfortable looking "naughty pillows".
Sooo...what? Are you saying you're an ass man?

Quote:
Plus, Hanabi routinely kicks Hinata's ass (showing her that udders are not replacements for talent or skill)...j/k
If by routinely you mean only once in the whole series (actually, they didn't even fight in the manga canon. It was just stated that Hanabi showed more promise than her...like, ten years ago) then yes, I suppose she does.

Quote:
Seriously though, let's stop giving Naruto the Sasuke rejects...
Ah, then you agree that Hinata would be a good choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I thought finding naruto's girl was supposed to be his opposite personality.... since Kushina and Minato are opposite personality....
That...really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Everyone is similar and dissimilar in some way, shape or form.

At any rate, I wouldn't count Hinata out just yet.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 15:23   Link #946
NoLongerSane

I am just wondering if Kishi got any death threats from pairing fans after this chapter?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 15:34   Link #947
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
If by routinely you mean only once in the whole series (actually, they didn't even fight in the manga canon. It was just stated that Hanabi showed more promise than her...like, ten years ago) then yes, I suppose she does.
Hanabi kicked Hinata's ass so hard even years later, when she was fighting Pain of all characters, she remembers the asskicking that her younger sister gave her...in fact, Hanabi kicking Hinata's ass lead her to Naruto, so she should be thanking Hanabi every day for the ass kicking her little sister gave her....

Try not to get too hung up on obvious jokes...

Quote:
Ah, then you agree that Hinata would be a good choice
Hinata, Hanabi, Karui, Samui, Temari, undisclosed other girl (personally, I prefer the last option, if only to stop all this shipping warfare), etc. I really do not care who Naruto gets with in the end, as so long as the manga doesn't force us to go through any silly "romance" arc (if I have to watch Naruto dating, I just might go insane j/k).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 15:40   Link #948
Alchemist007
*Author

The manga? Nah. The anime...who knows what it's capable of at this point.
Old 2010-07-31, 15:50   Link #949
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The manga? Nah. The anime...who knows what it's capable of at this point.
Speaking of the anime, how many girls from the filler episodes has Naruto himself impressed. If I recall, didn't he gather quite a small harem during that time the anime went filler crazy.
Old 2010-07-31, 18:08   Link #950
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Uuuh I do ? Please don't kill me DeDe .
Sorry about that. I actually like Shiho. But I can't imagine Kishi being so clueless as not to pair Shikamaru x Temari. Why not make the fans happy? People have been waiting for this couple for years. Hell, Naruto even ships ShikaTema!

All in all, I still say Kishi opts to put a bow on everything and we get a SasuSaku, NaruHina, and ShikaTema ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Speaking of the anime, how many girls from the filler episodes has Naruto himself impressed. If I recall, didn't he gather quite a small harem during that time the anime went filler crazy.
The only one I remember was Shion who wanted his babies. Of course Naruto didn't know what the heck she was talking about.

People seemed to really like her with Naruto.
Spoiler for Shion:

Last edited by DeDe; 2010-07-31 at 18:33.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 18:59   Link #951
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The only one I remember was Shion who wanted his babies. Of course Naruto didn't know what the heck she was talking about.

Spoiler for Shion:
Is Shion the one from the first Shippuden film? I think I also remember him catching the eye of the one from the Fuma clan in that filler arc from the pre-timeskip. It's the girl that we got to see the Sakura "rape face" in that one scene when she was being healed by her.
Old 2010-08-01, 17:57   Link #952
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Why not make the fans happy? People have been waiting for this couple for years. Hell, Naruto even ships ShikaTema!

All in all, I still say Kishi opts to put a bow on everything and we get a SasuSaku, NaruHina, and ShikaTema ending.
-Make the fans happy? This is Kishimoto you're talking about, remeber Dede? The man just recently had Kurenai's dad basically tell her all he needs her around for is to have a grandchild. Besides Sakura (who at this point looks so useless as a kunoichi), do you really want Temari of all women to be reduced to a baby machine? I should hope not. Yes, ShikamaruxTemari is a fun pairing, but let's not have the tie the knot yet is all I'm saying.

Quote:
Spoiler for Shion:
-D'awwwwww, that's rather cute. Sadly she's from the movie and God knows Naruto has a lot of them. He had the princess of the Snow country. He had Shion. He had the red-head from the 2nd Shippuden movie (at the end). And now in the newest movie you know he'll have that red-headed priestess from the covers. Although, I wouldn't mind Shion personally. Of all the filler-material women, she was very enjoyable. Maybe Kishimoto can write her into the actual story?
Old 2010-08-01, 20:39   Link #953
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

People liked Shion because she was basically a blonde Hinata with a spicier attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Well considering that Naruto is Sasuke's mega wanker it's not so strange for Sakura to be to. At least she has an excuse she is a girl while Naruto's a guy.

Kishi wouldn't drop this hint for nothing (about kushina's advice for girls). I think he is slowly building up the reasons for narusaku to happen so people want say later how this happened ovenight.

But Naruto wants Sakura, by his own moto he will never give up, so in the end it doesn't matter if Sakura deserves to be with him. It's simple what Naruto wants he will get, he is the hero of the story after all. If Kishi can make him bring world wide peace than getting Sakura will be much simpler.

Except that Kushina =/= Sakura in any shape or form it's Naruto = Kushina.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 03:35   Link #954
Casshern

Apart from one or two aspects, like being teased as a kid for a physical attribute and having a violent disposition, I agree with you. But the way it was presented essentially stated that Sakura is already that girl that Kushina wanted Naruto to find. All the things in Kushina's last words are things Naruto has already done, like making friends, having an ambition etc. It seemed that Kishi was making the point that Naruto had always been living his life according to his mother's wishes, even though he didn't know it, in order to bring him closer to his mother. It only stands to reason that the girl he already chose is the one he subconsiously identified with Kushina.

Besides, why bother showing Kushina being teased for her hair and then having Minato tell her he loves her hair, if not for the fact that the exact same thing happened between Naruto and Sakura about her forehead. Maybe if Naruto wasn't henge'd into Sasuke when he said that she would've fallen for him by now. I suppose Kishi didn't want to make it so easy for Naruto.

Sakura isn't so much a dead-ringer for Kushina, but there is a similarity and it's more than most other kunoichi share with Kushina. Even if it's just one or two things, those are what Kishi is playing on.

Tbh, I'd love to see the NarutoxSamui that James is pushing but I can't see it as anything more than a crack pairing for the moment, unless they spend the next 200 or so chapters doing missions together. I used to be in favour of a NaruxSaku pairing but after Kishi had her commit character suicide I can't really find any redeeming qualities for her and would rather not see her character at all until the manga ends.

I wasn't really in favour of a SasuSaku pairing either (btw Naruto and Sasuke are my fav characters), but if sakura were to spend the rest of her life atoning for her uselessness by becoming Sasuke's personal ball-washer then I could probably come to terms with her again.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 03:42   Link #955
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

assumptions are one of the worst things any man can possibly do.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 03:53   Link #956
Casshern

Am I making assumptions or am I making conjecture based on evidense?
Old 2010-08-02, 03:59   Link #957
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Apart from one or two aspects, like being teased as a kid for a physical attribute and having a violent disposition, I agree with you.
I really don't understand how people can see that as a similarity. Whether or not you were picked on as a kid (for whatever reason) has nothing to do with your personality. By that token, you could say that Kushina and Hinata are similar because they were both abducted by Kumogakure.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 04:11   Link #958
yakumo-chan

I do think that naruto will end up with sakura in the end....

because if you think it carefully....

"Why naruto likes sakura in the first place?"

there must be something that sakura has that naruto really liked
Old 2010-08-02, 04:12   Link #959
Casshern

Quote:
I really don't understand how people can see that as a similarity. Whether or not you were picked on as a kid (for whatever reason) has nothing to do with your personality. By that token, you could say that Kushina and Hinata are similar because they were both abducted by Kumogakure.
It's the fact that Naruto and Minato both responded in exactly the same way that connects the two events. Also, I wasn't saying it meant thay have a similar personality. I said that it was an aspect they have in common, as in an aspect of their past. I already agreed that they don't have much in common apart from those things, but Kishi is emphasizing those things for a reason.
Old 2010-08-02, 05:31   Link #960
yakumo-chan

chapter 504 is a Big Missile that has destroyed all of Hinata Fans!

Tags
official pairings