Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-05, 20:51   Link #681
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't really see the point in trying to define legs in this series when clearly it's not something the art truly expounds upon. Now if this was a series that really tried to decently define such physical attributes, like say, Amagami SS, or your typical harem/fanservice anime, then I'd understand.
It's a moe series. Complaining about whether the art style lends itself to depicting certain moe attributes is certainly warranted. Especially when it's the series itself that opens discussion on that particular attribute, and the series itself notes that attribute's (questionable at best) beauty in one of its characters, when there are clearly others who are superior...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
check the mc from occult academy's legs =P
Word. Now that is a staff that knows legs... ^_^
Old 2010-08-05, 21:59   Link #682
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
It's a moe series. Complaining about whether the art style lends itself to depicting certain moe attributes is certainly warranted. Especially when it's the series itself that opens discussion on that particular attribute, and the series itself notes that attribute's (questionable at best) beauty in one of its characters, when there are clearly others who are superior...
That's because the series based that perception from a char in the story. In that case, it wouldn't matter if all the chars were just stick figures that made them look the same; if a char had a visual perception about another char in the story, then then it is accurate from the char's PoV. However, the same can't be said for the viewer watching it. The viewer has to take the char's feelings of visual interpretation into consideration, but because what we see isn't exactly what the char in the story sees, as the viewer may have a different interpretation of it. The general art of the show doesn't do much, if anything, to differentiate the way the chars legs look, given that they are about the same shape and size. If I showed you only a char's legs from this show, could you say one is definitely better than the other? Could you give some degree of detail why it's better? Could you tell Ryouko's legs from everyone else's? I certainly can't.

Also, I don't see how I'm "complaining" about this. I don't care about the char's legs because the art in general for this show is no greater than average to me. I just didn't see the point of making comparisons given the similarity and lack of detail of certain body parts.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 22:33   Link #683
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

If there is something that tells me just how much a boy has matured into a man, it is this. It isn’t the amount of asses you’ve kicked or the number of noses you’ve given fist-induced rhinoplasty, but the amount of conviction you have in your choices. He remembers just how much of a coward he used to be, and how he almost pissed his pants when he first helped her, but now he knows it was all worth it. He now believes more than ever that he must become a man worthy of her trust.
I agree with much of what you said, except that I don't associate qualities like conviction and trustworthiness with being a "man". Those are attractive human qualities that both genders should strive for.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2010-08-05 at 23:02.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 03:07   Link #684
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
& hear i was thinking it was just my personally opinion. Crazy me.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-08-06 at 15:58.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 04:21   Link #685
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But... but DEM LEGS!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 04:25   Link #686
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Drama!! Hmm, it's quite nicely done, but to be honest this wasn't what I was expecting when I watched the first episode. I was thinking about it more along the line of story line twist like the Cinderella prince being a bit of a M for being kicked line of comedy, but as the episodes goes on there's more of a drama as backstories like this one. It's still good though, this episode being about the lead characters makes me cares more about them and there are other pure comedies in this season I'm already watching anyway. Still, I hope they still won't forget the fairy tale twist comedy original premise of the show and not makes things too dark and depressing in the next episodes.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 04:43   Link #687
Honoakari
Lurking Member

^ It's quite the opposite, in my opinion. I think that drama with occasional moments of comedy fits this show much better that all the fairy tale stuff. It makes everything feel more serious, and less cheap.

From my point of view, this single episode raised the value of the whole show.
Honoakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 05:00   Link #688
Dahak86
Classics never age

oh ep6, a very good one.. so touching, so sad... a nice serious drama episode indeed.
it showed Ringo and Ryouko as they met for the first time, and how they became friends... very touching.

Now that I think about it, it'd be nice having a "Ringo-san" in my house cooking for me, doing house-works, etc.
But, someone already claimed her, so I'll stick with Otohime (and Goldfox-chan).

oh, so that's why Ryoushi fell in love with Ookami-san... it was all because of her LEGS! (and DAT skirt also played a big role in it, I guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So where my Momo-chan?
and where's my GoldFox-chan?

anyway, for more Momo-chan goodness, here =>
Spoiler for Momo-chan:
and for Majo-chan goodness, here =>
Spoiler for M+M-chan:

fresh from pixiv.
Old 2010-08-06, 05:21   Link #689
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
oh ep6, a very good one.. so touching, so sad... a nice serious drama episode indeed.
it showed Ringo and Ryouko as they met for the first time, and how they became friends... very touching.

Now that I think about it, it'd be nice having a "Ringo-san" in my house cooking for me, doing house-works, etc.
But, someone already claimed her, so I'll stick with Otohime (and Goldfox-chan).

oh, so that's why Ryoushi fell in love with Ookami-san... it was all because of her LEGS! (and DAT skirt also played a big role in it, I guess).

and where's my GoldFox-chan?

Spoiler for Momo-chan:
Spoiler for M+M-chan:

fresh from pixiv.
kitsune girl will be taken down by ryoushi.... SHE MUST!!!
Old 2010-08-06, 06:07   Link #690
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Spoiler for Momo-chan:
Spoiler for M+M-chan:

fresh from pixiv.
Dear Animesuki members,

It is with great regret to inform you all that the mangatron has suffered a massive loss of blood, autopsy reports indicated that "there was a rapid expulsion of blood, originating from the nasal passages, cause of trauma presumably excitement of the entire cortex, usually from an external source like TOO MUCH MOMOxMAJO-CHAN". The mangatron remains in stasis, in a state of extreme joy, with the most audible words emanating from his mouth being "Momo-chan..." and "Majo-chan...". We wish him the very best dreams of his M girls.

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 08:39   Link #691
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Dear Animesuki members,

It is with great regret to inform you all that the mangatron has suffered a massive loss of blood, autopsy reports indicated that "there was a rapid expulsion of blood, originating from the nasal passages, cause of trauma presumably excitement of the entire cortex, usually from an external source like TOO MUCH MOMOxMAJO-CHAN". The mangatron remains in stasis, in a state of extreme joy, with the most audible words emanating from his mouth being "Momo-chan..." and "Majo-chan...". We wish him the very best dreams of his M girls.

*takes out desert eagle*

NOT.... GONNA.... HAPPEN.... Hand over the girl... and i swear my trigger finger wont itch to shoot.... MAJO CHAN IS FOR EVERYONE!
Old 2010-08-06, 10:05   Link #692
rebelwings

Just saw ep 6. Obviously, something happen to ryouko in her last school and obviously shirou made the girls not to believe her. But what did he do to her? And I hope Ryoushi bcome a strong man to protect ryoko
rebelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 10:26   Link #693
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
*takes out desert eagle*

NOT.... GONNA.... HAPPEN.... Hand over the girl... and i swear my trigger finger wont itch to shoot.... MAJO CHAN IS FOR EVERYONE!
Back off ZeKeR, Majo is mine!

Haha Ryoushi's got a leg fetish, what a perv.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 10:47   Link #694
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Back off ZeKeR, Majo is mine!

Haha Ryoushi's got a leg fetish, what a perv.
ORLY?

Old 2010-08-06, 11:31   Link #695
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
ORLY?

I'm fine with just momo then
Although she seems a little too aggressive for me.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 11:44   Link #696
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 6 was pretty good, got to know a little bit of the back story of Ryouko and Ringo, and how they met. The scenes with Ryoushi "observing" Ryouko were funny. Those little scenes at the end of the episodes, I wonder if they're put in just for .gif makers. Does anyone have the release date for the full version of the ending song?

Last edited by OkamiNoKaze; 2010-08-06 at 12:09.
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:44   Link #697
Kunagisa

As much I love Ringo and Ryouko's back story, I find myself enjoying Ryoushi's section of the episode much more. Maybe because girls like Ryouko we've seen way too many times in anime with almost identical past at the point where any sort of tragic past seem kinda meh, then the storytelling will decide whether there will be sympathy for the character. In this case, there is huge satisfaction seeing BOTH Ringo and Ryouko are being so honest with each other rather quickly. The progression of the relationship is more in line with real life situations as opposed to idiot Korean dramas (don't kill me over this line) that are built upon multiple misconceptions and bad timing.

I love honesty; and by honesty, I mean the words that you truly want to say without being influenced by the image of yourself through others' eyes. This is how character progression should be. This is not cliche because this IS how people are supposed to be.

Still with these kind of character progression I still find Ryoushi much more interesting. There is nobody to help him to get adapted. Poor bloke just fell in love through stalking the girl. There is no pretense with him, doesn't act tough, doesn't wallow in self pity, completely caring, and most importantly knows exactly what he wants AND works for his goal. There is no special trait about this guy, yet he is the ideal guy that most girls would probably like from the sideline (which girl wouldn't want an OBSERVANT guy who is completely devoted to you).

Haven't been this pleased by a male lead for a while.

For once it is nice to watch a novel adaptation with zero knowledge of the original, and with that said someone already translating the first novel to Chinese. So tempting!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 16:06   Link #698
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Episode 6 was very well done, Ringo and Ookami's meeting in the past was interesting to watch from both perspectives, and it was an interesting change of pace from Comedy of previous episodes. Also I really like how they're trying to give all major characters some decent amount depth to their characters, I assume we'll get the three banks members who haven't yet sometime in the future.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 16:22   Link #699
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Dear Animesuki members,

*Injects potassium cyanide into tron's IV drip*

Ok guys, now he is out of the way, every one else can have a much larger share!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 16:34   Link #700
Dreamchaser

I really enjoyed episode 6. It was nice to see how Ryoko and Ringo got to know each other and their perspective of the story. I've come to enjoy Ryoshi's character a lot in this show and how he came to love Ryoko. I liked the fact that Ringo refused to tell Ryoshi what had happened to Ryoko and told him that it was up to Ryoko to tell him. Trust certainly seems to be the keyword of this show.

I like that the show has a very nice balance between comedy and drama and how all major characters have some depth which makes it all the more enjoyable. Easily one of the best shows this season.
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen