AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 23:22   Link #1
xKeen

Fresh and fruity

Have you ever came across someone who smells like soap, even though s/he was out the whole day together with you?
I know I do. I know of someone who smells like soap the whole day even after taking some walks. When I am done with my shower, I usually don't smell like anything. I just smell like...air. The scent never stays on me no matter what type of soap I use.
Its not like I have body odour or anything, I smell like places I have been to before - eg. Subway for lunch

So does anyone have any similar experiences, or tips to keep the scent of shampoo on your body?

I apologize for my bad English.

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 01:07   Link #2
Gin
*Artist

Maybe those people are wearing perfume/cologne.
Old 2010-09-26, 02:21   Link #3
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

I agree with Gin
I usually use Fruity perfume it works best
I tried regular perfume once but it was too strong and no one noticed how great I smelled
only when I use fruity perfume people would be like "mmm you smell good"
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 02:37   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe some people keep soap in their pockets >_> Naw there's deodorants, perfumes, colognes, all sorts of things to mask body odour and all kinds of hair conditioners to supplement the aforementioned cosmetics. Note that antiperspirants are actually bad for your health, since they keep the sweat in...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 03:40   Link #5
Irkalla
I asked for this

Some bodywashes do that, though. I have a nice bodywash with clay and patchouli, and I smell like dirt and patchouli for quite a while after. I just like to smell like detergent, sue me
Old 2010-09-26, 04:55   Link #6
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@xKeen,

maybe it is perfume/spray - it can be applied several times a day to refresh the effect/smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Some bodywashes do that, though. I have a nice bodywash with clay and patchouli, and I smell like dirt and patchouli for quite a while after. I just like to smell like detergent, sue me
Have you ever tried onion and garlic shampoo/eau de toilette (toilette really makes sense for this fragrant)? I've never seen this stuff in the shops. But I know it must exist. There are people where I live, who leave that smell in the elevator.
Old 2010-09-26, 05:02   Link #7
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
@xKeen,

Have you ever tried onion and garlic shampoo/eau de toilette (toilette really makes sense for this fragrant)? I've never seen this stuff in the shops. But I know it must exist. There are people where I live, who leave that smell in the elevator.
Fufufu, yes. If you eat a hella lot of onions and garlic it will come out of your pores, and suffice it to say, it's not a very pleasant smell. Dirt smells better though, you smell like a forest fairy, I swear.

Last edited by Irkalla; 2010-09-26 at 07:21. Reason: stupid typo
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 05:22   Link #8
Sides

Strange i always thought it is smell of ones hair, because of the shampoo they are using. Not too sure but smell sticks to hair longer than to the rest of your body?

Last edited by Sides; 2010-09-27 at 04:43.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 05:47   Link #9
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Strange i always thought it is smell ogf ones hair, because of the shampoo they are using. Not too sure but smell sticks to hair longer than to the rest of your body?
I think this applies especially for long hair. But long hair is also harder to maintain. Hence, more washing and hair care... which means, that well maintained long hair does smell good most of the time (or something like that).
Old 2010-09-26, 06:30   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If you eat a hella lot of onions and garlic it will come out of your pores, and suffice it to say, it's not a very pleasant smell. Dirt smells better though, you smell like a forest fairly, I swear.
Forest fairies smell like rain, a construction site smells like dirt :P
Quote:
Have you ever tried onion and garlic shampoo/eau de toilette (toilette really makes sense for this fragrant)? I've never seen this stuff in the shops. But I know it must exist.
Not sure if such thing exists, but you can have the same effect by combining several different fragrances that mingle into a highly acidic spray that brings tears to the eyes with every sniff...
Old 2010-09-26, 06:56   Link #11
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I am not sure... but fairly (almost) => fairy . Zaseka does not seem to be the forest fairy type (but then again my understanding of Zaseka is superficial at best. )

Quote:
Not sure if such thing exists, but you can have the same effect by combining several different fragrances that mingle into a highly acidic spray that brings tears to the eyes with every sniff...
I know it doesn't exist. (it was a pun). If you mingle pepper spray in, the effect can be easily explained.

Actually I wanted to begin my answer like... this is how tear gas is produced (but then I read you are from Athens and thought that could be offending).
Old 2010-09-26, 07:04   Link #12
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Have you ever came across someone who smells like soap, even though s/he was out the whole day together with you?
I know I do. I know of someone who smells like soap the whole day even after taking some walks. When I am done with my shower, I usually don't smell like anything. I just smell like...air. The scent never stays on me no matter what type of soap I use.
Its not like I have body odour or anything, I smell like places I have been to before - eg. Subway for lunch

So does anyone have any similar experiences, or tips to keep the scent of shampoo on your body?

I apologize for my bad English.

Okay, listen to me now,

When you apply perfume or any other fragrance, your nose becomes accustomed to the smell most of the time, so you will not smell what you smell like.
take this for example:

Quote:
Your own house smells like air, while another person's house smells like something else.
This is why some people go bananas with their perfume that at one point, they smell like perfume so badly, it becomes a bad thing.

Tips:
1: Shower with a special shower gel (Don't use regular soap)
2: Use a special shampoo fragrance that's a bit like your shower gel
3: Use Deoderant (I seriously hate people who do not use deoderant and smell like sweat all day long)
3: Use some form of perfume / aftershave (Though this is only needed if you go out for "Special" occasions or people you want to smell good for (I.e: Your girlfriend).

Brush your teeth 2x a day and use mouth wash so you don't stink from the mouth,
Old 2010-09-26, 07:20   Link #13
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Noo, don't ruin my fairytale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
I am not sure... but fairly (almost) => fairy . Zaseka does not seem to be the forest fairy type (but then again my understanding of Zaseka is superficial at best. )

Ah, I see I made a stupid typo XD I meant fairy, Kaf is right. And I'm very much a forest fairy.I like hiking - I like taking baths in cold springs- I like going mushrooming after rain(And before someone like Gin makes a smart comment, the edible culinary kinda mushrooms)..See, forest fairy.
Old 2010-09-26, 08:11   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Woop, I skipped the double typo and into the actual meaning of the previous post^^
Quote:
I know it doesn't exist. (it was a pun). If you mingle pepper spray in, the effect can be easily explained.

Actually I wanted to begin my answer like... this is how tear gas is produced (but then I read you are from Athens and thought that could be offending).
Shame I didn't catch this one too though.
Quote:
When you apply perfume or any other fragrance, your nose becomes accustomed to the smell most of the time, so you will not smell what you smell like.
Smoke is also an odour that people become highly accustomed to; chain smokers claim a place smells weird (foul, even) when it's just been cleaned but without the lingering scent of...lemon(?).
Old 2010-09-26, 09:47   Link #15
xKeen

Hmm, about my friend using perfume/cologne, etc. I am not sure if she uses it when she goes for toilet breaks, but she never uses it in front of everyone. She smells like Protex all day long!

I do ask my friend of how I smell, they usually say I smell like nothing or I smell like horrible sweat. Lotion and talcum doesn't work on me, and I fear being laughed at if I use cologne on myself. I have this classmate who smells like strawberry and causes the whole room to smell like strawberry the moment he enters, and he gets glared at for the strong scent.

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:59   Link #16
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
I do ask my friend of how I smell, they usually say I smell like nothing or I smell like horrible sweat. Lotion and talcum doesn't work on me, and I fear being laughed at if I use cologne on myself. I have this classmate who smells like strawberry and causes the whole room to smell like strawberry the moment he enters, and he gets glared at for the strong scent.
Why would you be laughed at if you use cologne ? You just need to put a little on you. And there are scent which are less stronger than other. Personnaly, I use one with nutmeg and it's alright.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 10:09   Link #17
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
they usually say I smell like nothing or I smell like horrible sweat.
Start using deoderant, now.
And I mean seriously, do it.

I'd rather laugh at you for smelling like cologne than cry for smelling sweat all day long.

Trust me, your life will improve!
Old 2010-09-26, 10:35   Link #18
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Start using deoderant, now.
And I mean seriously, do it.

I'd rather laugh at you for smelling like cologne than cry for smelling sweat all day long.

Trust me, your life will improve!
I don't see the problem with someone smelling sweat when he did a lot of effort. It's natural. A man, a true man, smell sweat when he works hard
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 10:49   Link #19
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I don't see the problem with someone smelling sweat when he did a lot of effort. It's natural. A man, a true man, smell sweat when he works hard
Yes ofcourse if you just did a lot of effort, but even then.
If you worked out / did sport, you are still expected to use deoderant till you get home and can take a shower. (Or shower right after a workout)

In no condition should any person smell like sweat 24/7 without doing anything.
It's bothersome to people around you.

It's like you're putting other people's noses on fire and then spraying teargas right into their face.

I remember a few years ago I had to sit next to someone in class who constantly smelled like sweat.
Jezus christ that was agony.

Smelling like sweat gives other people the impression that you have no personal hygiene.
Old 2010-09-26, 11:06   Link #20
Irkalla
I asked for this

That reminds me why I sat out a lot of p.e. classes pretending either to be in my cycle or that I have forgotten my gear. They wouldn't even let us out early to take a shower, and then everyone was just all smelly the whole day. And the smell of tons of deodorant and perfume applied on all that sweat just made it more revolting.

Tags
shampoo, soap