AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 13:12   Link #221
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Honestly I am not surprised. The forum topic has about 122 pages, yet also only 122 votes for yes. That proves that it is simply a vocal minority that exists that want the game. No company is going to take the chance and work on a game like that unless they see the hype and interest level is worth the effort, as in large numbers of people, not just the loud voices of a few fans.
There's actually 177 votes. But pretty much by definition you're only gonna get a certain group of people to actually vote on the company's forum. By putting up a Game Request section, this is pretty much the most kind of popularity that's going to show up there. /the point is the fans are showing they're willing to get the wor dout. And word of mouth is there best thing a game can get really.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 13:53   Link #222
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
The point is the fans are showing they're willing to get the word out. And word of mouth is there best thing a game can get really.
Now that I've seen the YT page as well, I'm not so sure that's actually happening. Interest is gauged by the number of people actively interested in a product. If the interest is very numerous, then the potential sales are possible. If there are only a vocal minority clamoring for the game, as devoted as they might be, they're not going to cover the costs of the game, period.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 17:30   Link #223
SergeantBooduce

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternHertz View Post
Mine's preordered for a while now, with the two pens to boot. Wanted the dakimakura cover also but that wasn't possible.
I'll probably never use the pens though, I want to keep them in mint condition.
A little late here, but where are you pre-ordering from? I still can't find the pens. >w>

Thanks much in advance!

Click the banner to go to the localization request thread at NIS America Forums!
SergeantBooduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 18:30   Link #224
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

I think the pens come with all preorders
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 18:54   Link #225
SergeantBooduce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
I think the pens come with all preorders
Really? I hope so. AmiAmi doesn't say anything about the pens on their site. And I kinda really wanted to order from them.

Click the banner to go to the localization request thread at NIS America Forums!
SergeantBooduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 05:33   Link #226
Dormeur

New screenshots uploaded

http://www.4gamer.net/games/119/G011992/20101012070/
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/310/310211/
Dormeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 06:08   Link #227
luckyssol

Spoiler for comments on screenshots:
Old 2010-10-13, 10:43   Link #228
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post

Anyone else like how they have the song title in the top left corner that is presumably playing during the scene? Awesome.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 11:16   Link #229
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I thought it was just the anime but what is Bern staring at...

Obviously in both the anime and PS3 game, they're so big that it's a miracle, leaving Bern to only stare speechlessly in jealousy.
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 11:23   Link #230
Used Can

Damn it! Bern has got big tits too. Don't take them away from me... I mean, from her!
Old 2010-10-13, 11:53   Link #231
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Damn it! Bern has got big tits too. Don't take them away from me... I mean, from her!
come ooon...97% of the cast has gigantic breasts !

btw, i just noticed, wow there is furigana above some of the kanji...(why not above all? )
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 14:56   Link #232
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
btw, i just noticed, wow there is furigana above some of the kanji...(why not above all? )
I'd assume it's for words Ryukishi wants read a certain way, when you might ordinarily read the Kanji with a different pronunciation or some such thing...but it sucks, because if there was furigana for all the Kanji (like in the Manga adaptations) I'd actually be able to read it
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 16:51   Link #233
zorahk

It's just furigana for uncommon words. Most Japanese books have this because it is assumed that the reader may not know kanji for scientific, archaic, or obscure terms. In this case one of the words with furigana is mijin, or (atomic) particle
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 19:40   Link #234
Digi-Dragon

Furigana? You guys mean hiragana, right?
Digi-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 19:57   Link #235
~Ayane~

no

keystrokes keystrokes
Old 2010-10-13, 19:59   Link #236
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, these are indeed Furigana, although it is "basically" hiragana/katakana put above kanji. As zorahk explained already, they serve as a way for the reader to figure how to read certain terms, as Kanji can be read in various different ways.
For example, if you were to read the manga, you could see furiguna on every Ushiromiya member's names, which were put in order to indicate how you are supposed to read them.
Old 2010-10-13, 20:02   Link #237
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For example, if you were to read the manga, you could see furiguna on every Ushiromiya member's names, which were put in order to indicate how you are supposed to read them.
well, if you read manga you could see furigana on every kanji, basically xD
Old 2010-10-13, 20:35   Link #238
Digi-Dragon

...Oh dear, I just got used to hiragana. XD Sorry, I'm taking a Japanese class and we're only just learning katakana, so. Confused, don't mind me.
Digi-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:56   Link #239
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
well, if you read manga you could see furigana on every kanji, basically xD
This depends on what kind of manga we are talking about. The more furigana, the younger the audience the product is intended for.
For example, a Shonen manga such as dragonball contains furigana nearly everywhere, whereas an adult oriented game such as ryu ga gotoku (yakuza) contains maybe one instances of furigana ever over the entire series. When words like ある、いる、お/ご、ありがとう etc are written instead as 有る、居る、御、and 有難う , you can tell the game/manga/book is aiming for a more difficult speech manner and a mature audience to go with it. Personally I prefer everything that can be written in kanji to be written in it, it makes reading so much faster; playing pokemon used to be a nightmare because it was all in kana, so slow to read, luckily black and white added kanji. I mean, it can get to a point where it's excessive and overly old fashioned, for example Im not advocating writing アメリカ as 亜米利加, ロシア as 露西亜, or 天麩羅 instead of the ubiquitous 天ぷら. A lot of it depends on formality, and in legal documents you may see 二 changed to 弐 and maybe even これ to 之. It all depends on your reader.
Btw klashikari, do you need any Japanese speaking staff still?
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 21:11   Link #240
~Ayane~

well i was talking about Umineko mangas. They all have furigana for everything.
I dont really play games in japanese so i wouldnt know, but every manga i read so far has it so i figured it was the standard