Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-26, 16:27   Link #1421
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, they did show them outside by the back door (sitting neatly on a cloth) but the point is that she was in the house even though her shoes weren't by the front door (and Haruka and Nao had used her shoes not being there to conclude that Sora wasn't home before that happened).
Yeah, I figured they determined who was home by the shoes and all. I wish I could use that method;, sometimes I come home or wake up and have to search my house and backyard to see if someone is home.

Quote:
(And yeah, the conversation is going around in circles a bit. Part of it is that people are watching the episodes "late", but the main thing is that some people don't catch up on the thread before they post. It'd be really great if people would use the down arrow icon next to the thread title ("Go to first new post") to see what had already been discussed. Perhaps some people don't know about that feature.)
Just like how people don't know about the subscription feature and all. But I have a [understandable] feeling it wouldn't make a difference once you get into semantics and technicalities. Let's hope it ends cause it's really bogging this topic down.
Old 2010-11-26, 16:56   Link #1422
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
After all that they've shown so far, I don't think that will be the one line they can't cross...
Oh, now that I think about it, I don't think this matter has been brought up in this thread yet. It appears we need new discussion topics, so here we go: The main reason I'm worried is that the BPO (Broadcasting Ethics & Program Improvement Organization) already has Yosuga no Sora in its line of sight. I didn't think much of it the first time I saw this news, but 2channers seemed to have taken it seriously (I see a thread about it reached the post limit (+1000)). Unfortunately, I'm not aware the details since my japanese skills are almost nonexistent.

Maybe you can shed some light on this matter for us~
Old 2010-11-26, 16:56   Link #1423
wingman32x

Quote:
(And yeah, the conversation is going around in circles a bit. Part of it is that people are watching the episodes "late", but the main thing is that some people don't catch up on the thread before they post. It'd be really great if people would use the down arrow icon next to the thread title ("Go to first new post") to see what had already been discussed. Perhaps some people don't know about that feature.)
I know about that feature, but at the same time I see nothing wrong in giving my personal opinion on the episodes that I just watched. Is there some sort of rule against talking about non-current episodes?
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 17:38   Link #1424
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
according to wikipedia (very obsolete site these days..)
"yosuga no sora" means "sky of connection"
Now that's fitting... You could very well say that Haru "connects" to the girls in a certain fashion
Old 2010-11-26, 17:43   Link #1425
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I know about that feature, but at the same time I see nothing wrong in giving my personal opinion on the episodes that I just watched. Is there some sort of rule against talking about non-current episodes?
No (and it's not like the comment was directed at you), but directly quoting and replying to old debates from multiple days/pages back only to re-ignite the same debate all over again gets tiresome. It becomes a flammable and cyclic topic and there is a rule against that. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It appears we need new discussion topics, so here we go: The main reason I'm worried is that the BPO (Broadcasting Ethics & Program Improvement Organization) already has Yosuga no Sora in its line of sight. I didn't think much of it the first time I saw this news, but 2channers seemed to have taken it seriously (I see a thread about it reached the post limit (+1000)). Unfortunately, I'm not aware the details since my japanese skills are almost nonexistent.
I don't think this group is targeting this show in particular; that's just the insinuation of 2ch (they're using this show and OreImo as examples of shows that would/could be targeted). The group is suggesting that the sort of censorship used isn't good enough, and that works that contain explicit content should be more clearly classified as "adults-only". They appear to be using the usual sort of impassioned arguments about public morality, protecting the children, and so on. The suggestion of the OP on 2ch was that this group might push for a ban on the public broadcasting of these shows, but part of the argument is also that these late-night shows are getting distributed on the Internet as well, within the easy reach of children. (With Yosuga no Sora in particular, it's already airing on Satellite Pay TV (with a later broadcast on cable), so it's pretty restricted already, but who knows... OreImo is a bit more wide-spread.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-26 at 17:58.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 17:52   Link #1426
wingman32x

Quote:
No (and it's not like the comment was directed at you), but directly quoting and replying to old debates from multiple days/pages back only to re-ignite the same debate all over again gets tiresome. It becomes a flammable and cyclic topic and there is a rule against that. That's all.
I wasn't meaning to sound like you were directing it at me. I was using your comment to ask a question about the rule. I was assuming that I was interpreting it wrong, and I was. That's why I brought it up.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 18:35   Link #1427
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
The group is suggesting that the sort of censorship used isn't good enough, and that works that contain explicit content should be more clearly classified as "adults-only". They appear to be using the usual sort of impassioned arguments about public morality, protecting the children, and so on.
lol, certain people never get tired of repeating the same inherently wrong and flawed arguments over and over again...

Quote:
The suggestion of the OP on 2ch was that this group might push for a ban on the public broadcasting of these shows, but part of the argument is also that these late-night shows are getting distributed on the Internet as well, within the easy reach of children.
likelihood of a ban actually happening and succeeding?
Old 2010-11-26, 19:48   Link #1428
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

An off-topic matter but I would love to see this show get its own sub-forum like Ore no Imouto. The characters are worth to discuss over.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:03   Link #1429
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Not for this show, anyway -- even if this group is pressuring for change, the broadcast contracts are already signed and this show is airing primarily on Pay TV satellite anyway. Perhaps some of these risqué shows will have their cable broadcasts curtailed in the future, but that's probably all that'll come of it, if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
An off-topic matter but I would love to see this show get its own sub-forum like Ore no Imouto. The characters are worth to discuss over.
At this point I think it's too late. I think most of the major discussion points have already been exhausted, and opening an sub-forum now would just recycle old debates. We did briefly consider it in the early days, but it wasn't thought that there was going to be enough variety of discussion, and considering how cyclic most of the discussions have been, I think that's largely held up.
Old 2010-11-27, 11:42   Link #1430
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-11-27, 12:39   Link #1431
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
lol, certain people never get tired of repeating the same inherently wrong and flawed arguments over and over again...
Guess those messed-up freaks will always scream

Quote:
Hopefully zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:
Good to see Sora and Nao on better terms there
Old 2010-11-27, 12:39   Link #1432
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks for your answers, I understand the title more.

Nice pic, Shinji103. Of all "girls couples", I can't imagine Nao with Sora at all (given her hatred). Maybe Akira with Sora, they seem to be good friends in most routes.
Old 2010-11-27, 17:57   Link #1433
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

8 episode was like >.<
I guess Haru likes that his sister looks at him while hes doing "The Thing" >_<
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 21:37   Link #1434
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
OK, I hope we are over the juvenile ... ah Nao is a rapist/slut, etc.

Now comes the make or break for the twincest in my book and having to compare to Koi Kaze (IMHO best incest story ever shown, despite medium) is a tough deal

Sora during the past arc has shown potential as well as Haruka to deliver some memorable scenes.

And don't get me wrong for defending Nao against Sora during the last arcs, but that's the point of having arc, showing the impact of different choices ... and Sora might be cute when angry, but not person in his right mind would have put up with that

On the other hand, she could have handled it less selfish and with more concern towards the person she supposedly cares about

EDIT: By the way, this show has the best story this season, probaly for the whole year, but animation and directing goes to Hyakka Ryouran; however much I like all the innovation YnS made, visually ARMS won ... for whatever this worths, considering their crappy story (in the anime version). And should I add (in a trolling mood) that I feel sorry for all the people who avoid both because of the risk content and stick to crap like OreImou and KamiNomi
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:51   Link #1435
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 05:41   Link #1436
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just listened to a track from one of the drama CD (not sure which one it is). My god, my heart entirely melted... I almost died of cuteness. If there is a scene like that in the anime, I'm sure everyone will warm up to Sora. I'm very impressed by Taguchi Hiroko.
Old 2010-11-28, 07:11   Link #1437
Seitsuki
Onee!

:D yeah in the game Sora has the smexiest seiyuu by far. Although am I the only one who actually thinks she looks better with her hair down rather than the whole twintails thing?
Old 2010-11-28, 12:50   Link #1438
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
yeah in the game Sora has the smexiest seiyuu by far. Although am I the only one who actually thinks she looks better with her hair down rather than the whole twintails thing?
No, I agree that hair down is better.
Old 2010-11-28, 13:03   Link #1439
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^I like both. I love the way hair is drawn in this anime. It looks pretty... sexy.
Old 2010-11-28, 13:36   Link #1440
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
yeah in the game Sora has the smexiest seiyuu by far. Although am I the only one who actually thinks she looks better with her hair down rather than the whole twintails thing?
Yes, you're the only one
Twintails ftw!

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation