AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-20, 02:20   Link #1
Jasio

Your Opinions...

Lets just say hypothetically speaking there will be another season of FMP...

Would you want it to be another fumoffu? Or would you rather go back to the more serious mecha action that was say in FMP!. Also, would you like to even see another season of FMP? Im just curious as to what you guys think.

Personally, I believe they left the ending to Fumoffu rather open, especially since Sagara's and Chidori's relationship didnt get very close yet. I mean, it improved drastically but they never got to the point of expressing their feelings to one another. I believe this is good grounds to think that there might be another season made to 'finalize' everything. Considering they only dealt with Gaul in the first season, I believe there is also a lot of leg room to bring in another villian so to say, I mean taking out Gaul wont solve all of the worlds terrorist problems, there is always somebody to take his place (as with the real world).

So, state your opinions, what you guys thought of the series overall etc... I thought it was great, I mean, I liked everything that Gonzo made, especially their anniversary piece Last Exile.
Old 2003-11-20, 03:00   Link #2
Zarxrax
Anime-Fansubs

Talking

I personally didn't care for FMP season 1, but I absolutely love Fumoffu.
Old 2003-11-20, 13:31   Link #3
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Fumoffu all the way.

I wouldn't mind some mecha action, as long as it's more/less humourous as well.

FMP1 really ended badly, in my opinion... and I HATED 'the villian that never dies'...

FMPF was really good light hearted comedy.

Though I would have liked it more if they provided at least a hint that Sagara and Chidori got more intimate.

I mean, not even an accidental kiss >_<
Old 2003-11-20, 13:38   Link #4
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

if they are going to end it, they are going to have to give it a serious story and it's probably going to be like season 1
Old 2003-11-20, 21:58   Link #5
Gundam Freak
The Gundam Senin

thge first seacon was alright with the crappy ending. but i love FMP:F?. i would like to 26 episode continuing where FMP:F? left off and put in some mechs episode.
Old 2003-11-20, 22:19   Link #6
Jasio

Aye, I agree that a FMP-F was much more enjoyable than season 1, I personally hated the idea of the 'Behemoth' which seems totally unreasonable. But I'd like to see a season 3, all-be-it I think it should be a bit of a hybrid of the two seasons, the battles themselves and the story should be serious, but the inbetween stuff such as certain conversations and actions should still bring some laughter to the screen.

And I mean... we CANT forget poor old Tessa who has had a crush on Sagura for like ... forever We gotta see a come back of Tessa peeps
Old 2003-11-20, 22:33   Link #7
Anlushac11

Cool

I thought that their relationship progressed nicely in Fumoffu.

At the end where Sosuke grabs Chidoris hand and takes her to the infirmary and tells her to strip. She thinks he wants to have a last fling and gets shy and doesnt want to. Sosuke puts his hand on her shoulder and tells her not to talk just to take off her clothes.

And in the next scene she is behind the screen wearing only a towel.

Which to me means that even though she said she didnt want to have sex in a place like this and was nervous when Sosuke put his hand on her shoulder and asked the second time, SHE DID STRIP!

To me this means that she was going to go through with it not fully realizing at that point and time that Sosuke was not going to make love to her.

sosuke may be a brillant tactican and excel in hand to hand combat but boy is a little slow on the take where women are concerned.

I want to see more Chidori, more Tessa, more Bonta-kun, more mecha, more comedy, did I mention that I want more Tessa?
Old 2003-11-20, 22:33   Link #8
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
I'm hoping GONZO will take over production of the third series so they can fill in the plot holes. Not that this other group did a bad job with the characters, but GONZO may have a better idea of where they were trying to go with the sereis in the last episode.
Old 2003-11-21, 00:29   Link #9
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric
I'm hoping GONZO will take over production of the third series so they can fill in the plot holes. Not that this other group did a bad job with the characters, but GONZO may have a better idea of where they were trying to go with the sereis in the last episode.

Wasn't that GONZO? The same people who did Hellsing right? I remember them saying that they weren't going to do another Hellsing, because they were doing another Vandread and more Full Metal Panic.
Old 2003-11-21, 01:41   Link #10
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
There must be a next season...an ending with sagara dead is pretty crappy too. lol...i guess all people have a dark side
Old 2003-11-21, 05:14   Link #11
Jasio

Quote:
Originally Posted by *aznplayboi*
There must be a next season...an ending with sagara dead is pretty crappy too. lol...i guess all people have a dark side
But its *Sagara* we're talking about for crying out loud He'll just throw a few kicks and punches, throw a few stun grendates, lob a few shots from his bean-bag shotgun and be on his merry way with half the school knocked unconcious

You cant underestimate him

And I also thought that Gonzo made Fumoffu?...

But yeah, we need more Tessa, Chidori, and more mecha
Old 2003-11-28, 14:32   Link #12
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
I want to see more Chidori, more Tessa, more Bonta-kun, more mecha, more comedy, did I mention that I want more Tessa?

don't we all don't we all

Whatever they do in season three as long as they don't overdo the mecha part i'm happy, and leave the hilarious comedy , flirting definitely has a new kickass meaning to me these days and i never feel safe around shoeboxes any more
Old 2003-11-28, 17:23   Link #13
primitiveone
Happy Go Lucky ^O^

Ya, another season of something like Fumoffu would be great.
Old 2003-11-29, 01:46   Link #14
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

I just watched the first 4 episodes of Fumoffu today, this one of the funniest animes i have seen.

WHy did i ignore this one for so long, when like 10,000 people download it every week?
Old 2003-11-29, 02:08   Link #15
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Hmm, maybe for the next season, I would prefer to have both the mecha actions and fumoffu.

That would be a great mix, right? And maybe a romantic ending too.
Old 2003-12-07, 04:32   Link #16
Sklappu

I'm pretty new to anime, I only started torrenting it a couple of months ago. Over here in norway we get NO anime on regular tv (give or take pokemon and digimon..), and what they sell in the stores is usually only akira and ninja scroll. I think I saw GITS once but I could be wrong.

Anyway, FMP is just genious! I actually started watching FMP:F because it was what I found first, I've now watched the first season as well, but as you guys already said, it's not as great since it's more a basic action/mecha thing.
I'm impressed at how they managed to keep FMP:F funny and romantic without getting sloppy. Their relationship is so adorable without being cheesy.

I certainly hope there will be another season, and I would prefer if they kept it in style with Fumoffu (Unless they come up with something new).
I think some drama and action is for good measure though.
Spoiler:

My favourite quote from the series, "I won"

Quick question. Since they sell so little anime over here (I have to import it in a foreign region), what's the "gentleman's rule" on downloading it? Am I free to download anything that's not licensed in my region? Because that would pretty much be everything (as far as series go) I think.
Old 2003-12-07, 16:17   Link #17
Sandrock
A-Kingdom Editor

Fumoffu was done by Kyoto Animation, I think. They have a hand in quite a few series, including Inuyasha, if I'm not wrong.
Old 2003-12-07, 18:13   Link #18
Starfall
Overmind

Send a message via MSN to Starfall
I want another fummofu-like serie, but with some mecha too. But they can leave out the lambda driver. god I was tired of that thing in the end, and of Gaul too...........
Old 2003-12-07, 18:15   Link #19
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Gaul is dead this time for sure, so you don't have to worry about him any more. The Lambda Driver was the reason Kaname and Tessa were "Whispered" in the first place. You can't have the mecha and not have the Lambda Driver in the story.
Old 2003-12-07, 18:38   Link #20
Starfall
Overmind

Send a message via MSN to Starfall
Damn! But what about some action without the big fighting robots?
But.... Now that Gaul is dead, no more hunts for whispered, and therefore, no more Lambda driver! YAY!
Closed Thread