AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 16:09   Link #961
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
You mean the other commanders? We barely even saw any of them in action.
And I already acknowledged their lack of screen/panel time. But if they were as impressive as Marco, Jozu, and Vista, I'd think Oda would have done more with them.

Quote:
Well yeah - they were at a disadvantage. But that doesn't mean you don't have a chance, it just makes it that much harder for them. But then prevailed in the end, didn't they? ( well up until Ace sacrificed himself)
Exactly, which is what I've essentially been telling you this whole time. They were at a disadvantage in both numbers and terrain, and thus they wouldn't be able to win in a fight to the death. The result Oda used was realistic and shouldn't be debated. Moreover, it was Luffy who rescued Ace, not Whitebeard nor his allies.

Quote:
Once Ace was free, Whitebeard was free to let loose on the Marines, and as such he held the advantage. Plus they may have lost Ace, but Whitebeard got some nice sweet revenge against the World Government, by all but affirming the existance of One Piece. A small consolation for him i guess.
Whitebeard knew he was going to die. His last wish was to have his family vacate the premises so they could live on. That's not advantageous, especially considering how damaged he was by that point.

Quote:
Better to just end that part of the discussion there. Otherwise this could go around in circles.
It shouldn't have gone around in circles in the first place .

Quote:
I'm lookin forward to the next episode. Its gonna be 1 helluva episode - they just better do it justice.
I foresee a lot of infuriated users posting here by that time .
Old 2011-02-04, 15:25   Link #962
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Luffy can't soley take credit for saving Ace. Mr.3 gets credit. Everyone ultimately gets credit. They backed up Luffy - and saved his ass on so many occasions.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 15:28   Link #963
Kallen4life

hell, CROCODILE gets credit
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 15:31   Link #964
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Luffy can't soley take credit for saving Ace. Mr.3 gets credit. Everyone ultimately gets credit. They backed up Luffy - and saved his ass on so many occasions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
hell, CROCODILE gets credit
Completely agreed. As a matter of fact, Luffy is often given more credit than he deserves.
Old 2011-02-04, 15:34   Link #965
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Hey.. Guys.. This is a thought lol.. If Jimbei taken part in the war as a Shichibukai and therefore since he wants to protect the Whitebeard's crew, couldn't he like talk to Ace or something, do a surprise catch to get Ace, can't think of different ways to capture and throw him all the way across the battlefield :S? Since the Shichibukai doesn't really need to listen to the Marines orders, since Hancock was attacking both sides, which is disobeying. So he should have given it abit more thought to it :S, but then again Luffy and them wouldn't be able to get out of the impel prison if he had done that.

Oh well just a thought xD! Disagree with me if you want ;D
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 12:06   Link #966
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Hey.. Guys.. This is a thought lol.. If Jimbei taken part in the war as a Shichibukai and therefore since he wants to protect the Whitebeard's crew, couldn't he like talk to Ace or something, do a surprise catch to get Ace, can't think of different ways to capture and throw him all the way across the battlefield :S? Since the Shichibukai doesn't really need to listen to the Marines orders, since Hancock was attacking both sides, which is disobeying. So he should have given it abit more thought to it :S, but then again Luffy and them wouldn't be able to get out of the impel prison if he had done that.
The only reason Hancock got away with it is because she always acts like that; otherwise she would have lost her position in a heartbeat.
Old 2011-02-05, 22:11   Link #967
Tommy
Mr. Prince

After watching episode 486, how can Blackbeard NOT be the final opponent of this series. His biggest weakness will be of course what Whitebeard already exposed, but damn is it gonna be one hell of a battle when him and Luffy eventually fight. Which will be like 10 years from now.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 22:41   Link #968
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
After watching episode 486, how can Blackbeard NOT be the final opponent of this series. His biggest weakness will be of course what Whitebeard already exposed, but damn is it gonna be one hell of a battle when him and Luffy eventually fight. Which will be like 10 years from now.
Blackbeard is still weak against physical attacks and luffy is good at that so he will get owned:S
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 22:43   Link #969
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Blackbeard is still weak against physical attacks and luffy is good at that so he will get owned:S
Why does everyone assume Luffy will utterly dominate every single person he fights?
Old 2011-02-05, 22:46   Link #970
pampz21
ShipCore

wow...watching episode 486 made me want to see kick, pawned, owned Teach!!!! I wish he should die the moment he faces off with Luffy!!!!

EDIT:
Quote:
Why does everyone assume Luffy will utterly dominate every single person he fights?
well you should know the basics of Shounen manga?
Spoiler for here:

beside Luffy power up to the point he can match Roger now!
Roger(Haki-Master/can hear the voice of everything)<Luffy (DF user/Haki-Master)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 00:22   Link #971
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

And thus, the first person ever to use two devil fruits simultaneously is Blackbeard. Both the power to reduce everything to nothing and the power to destroy all.

God this guy is gonna be an awesome villain.~
Old 2011-02-06, 01:16   Link #972
AnbuItachi

i would say in a physical fight, zoro > luffy. esp since blackbeard has power to negate fruit powers
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 03:37   Link #973
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Too bad Blackbeard sucks at hand to hand combat, which how most battles are decided. Especially since Luffy doesn't use weapons.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 04:08   Link #974
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Too bad Blackbeard sucks at hand to hand combat, which how most battles are decided. Especially since Luffy doesn't use weapons.

..... didn't Blackbeard decimate Ace via hand to hand combat?

He seems to take the first hit in EVERY fight he's in, but like Luffy...... once he's in the right mindset, he just rapes everything~
Old 2011-02-06, 05:10   Link #975
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Blackbeard D. Kuma is going to love this episode.
Old 2011-02-06, 08:43   Link #976
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
BB is not gonna be the final oppenent. There is more to the story after that.
I reckon Akainu will be the final person he faces off against. But thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
..... didn't Blackbeard decimate Ace via hand to hand combat?

He seems to take the first hit in EVERY fight he's in, but like Luffy...... once he's in the right mindset, he just rapes everything~
It was his logia powers that allowed him to beat Ace.

Man what an awesome episode this was. I truely detest Akainu and Blackbeard - but love them as villians. Both of them were awesome again today - i totally dig Akainu in that magma form he was in. He looked great.
Old 2011-02-06, 08:46   Link #977
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Hancock still fighting for Luffy and this time finally took out a Pacifista.

Jimebi and Ivankov seem to be in a fix vs Akainu, hope they can escape.

So that's where Aokiji was, still wonder what Kizaru is up to.

So BB now has his own df ability and WB's df ability, don't understand how he can have 2, hope that will be explained later. Going off of what Marco said i guess it's because he has a D?

So the War isn't over yet, can't wait to see what happens yet.
Old 2011-02-06, 10:32   Link #978
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So BB now has his own df ability and WB's df ability, don't understand how he can have 2, hope that will be explained later. Going off of what Marco said i guess it's because he has a D?
I also think that it is because of the D.

So im guessing if it is because of the Will of D then I suppose Luffy and his dad can get two devil fruits.

The story is getting very interesting...
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 11:41   Link #979
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nice to see Hancock still fighting for Luffy and this time finally took out a Pacifista.

Jimebi and Ivankov seem to be in a fix vs Akainu, hope they can escape.

So that's where Aokiji was, still wonder what Kizaru is up to.

So the War isn't over yet, can't wait to see what happens yet.
Its because of his body structure. It has nothin to do with him being a "D" as far as we know. Blackbeard is a very odd character with many mysteries behind him.
Old 2011-02-06, 11:44   Link #980
Yukmouth

okay so now BB has two devil fruit abilities, darkness (logia) and quackes (paramecia)...

now the question is he a logia or Paramecia ?? :S
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote