lool the "no image" must be hanten xD
edit. ah no, he's in the row bottom, showing his back again
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 17:01   Link #3582
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
I didn't go over the whole chapter yet, so I don't know the context, but in that particular page...

Spoiler for chp98:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 18:09   Link #3583
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

That is a great color page. Easily may be my favorite one so far. AA did a fantastic job. I could only hope he gets to top this one next year but we will see.
Old 2011-05-21, 01:54   Link #3584
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
lol, I knew that couldn't be right.
Especially, if you consider, that on pixiv (japanese DeviantArt) Kumagawa has TWICE as much fanarts as Medaka herself!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 16:52   Link #3585
Westlo
Lets be reality

Lets be reality, Kumagawa saved this manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Seriously, by any slim chance does anyone know Nisio's e-mail address?

I'd jump at the chance to tell him how much I love his manga, while also rant at him about how much his story could be improved if he focused on Zenkichi a bit.
I think at the end of your sentence you somehow misspelled drop Zen and make Misogi the main... and to make matters worse it somehow came out as focus on Zen!

Don't worry, we all make mistakes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 16:59   Link #3586
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Lets be reality, Kumagawa saved this manga.

I think at the end of your sentence you somehow misspelled drop Zen and make Misogi the main... and to make matters worse it somehow came out as focus on Zen!

Don't worry, we all make mistakes.
Urgh... just let it go your worst than shippers(although that's not really possible...). Let's just say the both charactershave certain characteristics that certain people like and leave it at that. There's no need to constantly tell people which character you prefer and who you think deserves to be the main character.

The craziness knows no bounds...
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 17:25   Link #3587
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Urgh... just let it go your worst than shippers(although that's not really possible...). Let's just say the both charactershave certain characteristics that certain people like and leave it at that. There's no need to constantly tell people which character you prefer and who you think deserves to be the main character.

The craziness knows no bounds...
lol aside from the saving the manga part (compare the posts in this thread now and before kumagawa's introduction) it's a joke man, heck Kumagawa has been getting more focus than Zen lately anyway lol... no need to get so upset

The only crazy part in this thread is Zen actually having fans lol.
Old 2011-05-21, 17:32   Link #3588
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
lol aside from the saving the manga part (compare the posts in this thread now and before kumagawa's introduction) it's a joke man, heck Kumagawa has been getting more focus than Zen lately anyway lol... no need to get so upset

The only crazy part in this thread is Zen actually having fans lol.
Again you can't seem to let it go. It's like you appear to have an incessant need to do it. We get it no one cares anymore as you and people like you have stated it a thousand times. Just let the mocking go. Unless you have some insatiable need to do so, which is really quite sad.
Old 2011-05-21, 17:38   Link #3589
Westlo
Lets be reality

Maybe if we can read this thread without seeing "Man I wish Zen was focused on more" or "we could sure use some more Zen" ad nauseum I would.

*reads awesome chapter*
*goes to look at responses*
*sees "needs more zen"*
*facepalms*
Old 2011-05-21, 18:01   Link #3590
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Maybe if we can read this thread without seeing "Man I wish Zen was focused on more" or "we could sure use some more Zen" ad nauseum I would.

*reads awesome chapter*
*sees "needs more zen"*
*facepalms*
I'm referring to both sides, but your just making it worse. BTW there's nothing wrong with liking a character everyone has preferences, it just gets annoying when you start bashing a character because you think your character deserves more praise or simply prefer your character and so feel the need to bash that character because some else prefers that character.
Old 2011-05-21, 18:06   Link #3591
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
lol aside from the saving the manga part (compare the posts in this thread now and before kumagawa's introduction)
that's only because all the haters have abandoned this sacred place of discussion since then xD
it's not like kumagawa converted some haters to the light side :P

Quote:
*reads awesome chapter*
*sees "needs more zen"*
*facepalms*
lol, admit it, you'll like "needs more kuwa" instead of that? :3

Quote:
Issue #23:
Hanasaka Ikkyuu (Cover, New Series)(Lead Color Page)
One Piece
Toriko
Naruto
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!
Sket Dance (Color Page)
Gintama
Bakuman
Beelzebub
Magico (Color Page)
Enigma
Medaka Box
Meruhen Ouji Grim a.k.a Prince of Fairy Tale "Grim"
Bleach
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko no Basket
Sengoku Armors
Kochikame
Nurarihyon no Mago
Dois Sol
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami

Issue #24:
Lead CP: Toriko
CP: Hanasaka Ikkyu, Medaka Box & Inumaru Dashi
mmm, out of the bottom 5 for once
and we already know it got a color page next
medaka box surpassed bleach xD (or bleach went worse than medaka..)

for chapter 100 i'm expecting something to happen (in-out manga)
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 21:57   Link #3592
Sixth
Hu Tao

I'm OK with Kumagawa taking the Zen's position and become Medaka's partner. After all, Kumagawa is a fun character. As for Zen, not so much...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 23:43   Link #3593
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

95 was a rather fun chapter. I like how each of the people they got paired with had something that the student council could address. Kumagawa's was easily the funniest for me. Considering how much he lies, its only fitting he got paired with another liar.

Thats right Zenkichi, Parasite-Seeing smashed your delusions and you have Goddess Ajimu and your performance in the General Affairs battle to thank for it.

Crazy that Ajimu hasn't been to the academy since WWII? lol thats a long time. I can't wait until she explains why she is avoiding Medaka. Hopefully, its not just because she knows she can't win against her so she wants to avoid her entirely.

Should be interesting how Medaka deals with all 5 being Not-Equals.

Quote:

*reads awesome chapter*
*sees "needs more zen"*
*facepalms*
I love the times when you make my job easier.
Old 2011-05-22, 00:29   Link #3594
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
lol, admit it, you'll like "needs more kuwa" instead of that? :3
Nah, we've been getting Kumagawa (and other brilliant stuff), that's why the manga is already awesome like he said.

This chapter was hilarious and also totally screwed with my expectations, I let out a rofl when Kumagawa said his interviewee wasn't suspicious, but then Nishio set me up by actually revealing that she was a spy, only to troll me again by showing that all of them were. I can't wait to see their battle next chapter, it already sounds epic.

The 'true nature' stuff Najimi was talking about sounds pretty interesting, I wonder if that has something to do with what being a 'not equals' means. At the same time it sets up some exciting developments 'cause the way Medaka and Kumagawa let their interviewees pass so easily totally did come off like a massive red herring.

Anyway, on the side, this chapter makes me hope for some Akune development. He's been pretty overshadowed for most of the manga, but the way they keep hyping up his past it sorta seems like he should still be considered one of the stronger physical fighters in the manga. I wonder if, despite the girls' personalities all being a setup, that girl's disappointment in him will still go anywhere.

If Kurosu is still reading this thread--thanks for the chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Also, I hear Doc_Astoroth did the translating this time; good job dude, I really appreciate it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 05:39   Link #3595
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I didn't go over the whole chapter yet, so I don't know the context, but in that particular page...

Spoiler for chp98:
Thanks for the translation ....
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'm referring to both sides, but your just making it worse. BTW there's nothing wrong with liking a character everyone has preferences, it just gets annoying when you start bashing a character because you think your character deserves more praise or simply prefer your character and so feel the need to bash that character because some else prefers that character.
I agree totally here, both characters are great.
I admit I prefer Zen, but Kumagawa is close , after all Zen and the current Kumagawa are my favorite male characters from the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Thats right Zenkichi, Parasite-Seeing smashed your delusions and you have Goddess Ajimu and your performance in the General Affairs battle to thank for it.
This is actually a good thing ,because if he starts to realize something like this means Zen will start to want to change for improvement himself .
Interestingly Paraiste eyes not only help him to understand others but also are helping him to understand himself and understand where action to improve himself. Thing because of Medaka he has never done or at least almost never done and is wondering about himself.

Quote:
Crazy that Ajimu hasn't been to the academy since WWII? lol thats a long time. I can't wait until she explains why she is avoiding Medaka. Hopefully, its not just because she knows she can't win against her so she wants to avoid her entirely.
I agree totally on both this things you said, but one thing I ask is why she never returned tothe school since the WWII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The 'true nature' stuff Najimi was talking about sounds pretty interesting, I wonder if that has something to do with what being a 'not equals' means. At the same time it sets up some exciting developments 'cause the way Medaka and Kumagawa let their interviewees pass so easily totally did come off like a massive red herring.
agree ,I'm really curious about this 'true nature' stuff that Najimi mentioned.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 07:06   Link #3596
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
If Kurosu is still reading this thread--thanks for the chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Also, I hear Doc_Astoroth did the translating this time; good job dude, I really appreciate it.
Thank you, but I just saw the title and tought: "F**K! I forgot to change it", because actually the meaning was "If there is just one..." referencing to Medakaīs speech at the end.

Honestly, you should give more credit to the editors for making my terrible English readable and explaining.

Na, anyway...

The most intriguing thing in this chapter in my opinion, is the hive mind between Ajimu and her girls... Or better said, how Ajimu considers Takarabe as an extension of herself.

Maybe the girl, we call Ajimu in fact is not the true enemy...

PS: My favorites under the new girls:

Tsugihagista SS Rubysapphire The Fifth for being such a crack case of Eight-Grade-Disease.

Kibougaoka for being a Robot Chick... All man dig Robot Chicks...
Old 2011-05-22, 08:07   Link #3597
Soji

Do not be so modest Doc Astaroth you deserve the compliments and thanks for your share of work as well as others who have collaborated on the translation of ch ,they deserve the thanks and compliments for their work.
However, returning to ch I have to admit that the two that I prefer are those that you have said yourself.
But I must admit that even Takarabe seems to be really interesting and I cant deny that I liked her interaction with Kumagawa.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 17:52   Link #3598
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Thank you, but I just saw the title and tought: "F**K! I forgot to change it", because actually the meaning was "If there is just one..." referencing to Medakaīs speech at the end.

Honestly, you should give more credit to the editors for making my terrible English readable and explaining.

Na, anyway...

The most intriguing thing in this chapter in my opinion, is the hive mind between Ajimu and her girls... Or better said, how Ajimu considers Takarabe as an extension of herself.

Maybe the girl, we call Ajimu in fact is not the true enemy...

PS: My favorites under the new girls:

Tsugihagista SS Rubysapphire The Fifth for being such a crack case of Eight-Grade-Disease.

Kibougaoka for being a Robot Chick... All man dig Robot Chicks...
Your awesome doc. Keep it up so we can get the other chapters too.
Are you English speaking and know Japanese or vice versa
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 02:14   Link #3599
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Your awesome doc. Keep it up so we can get the other chapters too.
Are you English speaking and know Japanese or vice versa
Nope, Iīm German and I just managed to end my English class with a D four years ago... because in the end I didnīt have to write exams anymore, which were always E to F.

Japanese on the other hand I learn since three years and I was last winter in Japan to study abroad. Still, my Japanese knowlege is only average, the translators of such mangas like Naruto or One Piece often are JLPT 2 and some even can speak Japanese on business level. Iīm nothing against that.

Last edited by Doc Astaroth; 2011-05-23 at 03:11.
Old 2011-05-24, 10:02   Link #3600
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
That is a great color page. Easily may be my favorite one so far. AA did a fantastic job. I could only hope he gets to top this one next year but we will see.
Finally logged into that other site to see them, yep easily the best color pages of the series...

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council