AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-12, 10:31   Link #21101
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Posting this little weekend project up only because it's a gem that many people seems to have miss out.

Seriously, the SD Wing EW is the best SD kit ever. You just have to see the comparsion with the old SD Wing Zero to see how far things had improved with age. At 800 Yen, it's quite a bargain.
i agree. i have seen a review and this is actually the first SD kit that i would consider to buy!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 10:53   Link #21102
skyboy928

Quote:

Posting this little weekend project up only because it's a gem that many people seems to have miss out.

Seriously, the SD Wing EW is the best SD kit ever. You just have to see the comparsion with the old SD Wing Zero to see how far things had improved with age. At 800 Yen, it's quite a bargain.
yes, this kit sure is one of the best right now, now if they will release the rest of the Gundam Wings in SD form.
too bad that i don't have a chance to put together this one yet, i'm still quite busy with cutting all my boxes.........
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 13:17   Link #21103
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
yes, this kit sure is one of the best right now, now if they will release the rest of the Gundam Wings in SD form.
too bad that i don't have a chance to put together this one yet, i'm still quite busy with cutting all my boxes.........
you have your work cut out for yourself then! XD

i also just finshed my zoid :P

this is both a great and a terrible model in my opinion XD
great because it was a LOT of fun to build and because it has really great articulation, everything on it moves!
terrible because its by far the most frustrating model i have :P posing it is a mess because there are so many moving parts! you move something and a totally different part gets out of position... but its worth it with some patience!
it also came with two decals but in the manual it doesnt say where to put them. oh well :P

oh and bandai... please give us a master grade kshatriya that looks just like this!

do want! :O
Old 2011-07-12, 13:55   Link #21104
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
you have your work cut out for yourself then! XD

i also just finshed my zoid :P

this is both a great and a terrible model in my opinion XD
great because it was a LOT of fun to build and because it has really great articulation, everything on it moves!
terrible because its by far the most frustrating model i have :P posing it is a mess because there are so many moving parts! you move something and a totally different part gets out of position... but its worth it with some patience!
it also came with two decals but in the manual it doesnt say where to put them. oh well :P

oh and bandai... please give us a master grade kshatriya that looks just like this!

do want! :O
holy crap!!! master grade for this one, i want it too. i never thought they would do this as MG at all.
Old 2011-07-12, 14:34   Link #21105
Appel

Quote:
holy crap!!! master grade for this one, i want it too. i never thought they would do this as MG at all.
thats just a colored and modified version of the 1/144 HG kshatriya :P bandai already announced that a 1/100 kshatriya would need a metal skeleton which would be WAY to expensive XP
Old 2011-07-12, 16:04   Link #21106
skyboy928

Quote:
thats just a colored and modified version of the 1/144 HG kshatriya :P bandai already announced that a 1/100 kshatriya would need a metal skeleton which would be WAY to expensive XP
well if the weight is the main issue, they could give us a stand to make up for it..
or they could do some metal part like they did with Nu-Gundam back then.
Old 2011-07-12, 16:44   Link #21107
Appel

Quote:
well if the weight is the main issue, they could give us a stand to make up for it..
or they could do some metal part like they did with Nu-Gundam back then.
if it needs a die-cast metal skeleton the model doesnt have the usual weight issues that might make it fall over. i suspect that the model itself would simply be too heavy for the inner frame to support it and it would actually break or at least fall apart very easily! i mean, look at these huge side binders. everything about the kshatriya is massive, something like that needs a well designed supportive structure and plastic is just not going to cut it in this case :P
and just imagine how heavy this thing would be XD the kshatriya is 22.3 meters tall which would result in a 22.3cm model, about the same as the unicorn. i bet it would weigh at least 2 kilos with a full metal frame! and for a model kit that would be pretty extreme... and think of all the screws that you would need!
Old 2011-07-13, 06:55   Link #21108
skyboy928

Quote:
if it needs a die-cast metal skeleton the model doesnt have the usual weight issues that might make it fall over. i suspect that the model itself would simply be too heavy for the inner frame to support it and it would actually break or at least fall apart very easily! i mean, look at these huge side binders. everything about the kshatriya is massive, something like that needs a well designed supportive structure and plastic is just not going to cut it in this case :P
and just imagine how heavy this thing would be XD the kshatriya is 22.3 meters tall which would result in a 22.3cm model, about the same as the unicorn. i bet it would weigh at least 2 kilos with a full metal frame! and for a model kit that would be pretty extreme... and think of all the screws that you would need!
well, if fans demand for this kit is high, i'm sure Bandai will try their best to figure out how to make this kit possible. but the question is how much you willing to spend for a MG.
by the way, which is the most expansive Gundam kit that you ever bought?
mine would be the freaking huge GP03D, and that is not even a MG..........
Old 2011-07-13, 08:38   Link #21109
Appel

Quote:
well, if fans demand for this kit is high, i'm sure Bandai will try their best to figure out how to make this kit possible. but the question is how much you willing to spend for a MG.
by the way, which is the most expansive Gundam kit that you ever bought?
mine would be the freaking huge GP03D, and that is not even a MG..........
sure, they will find a way. but it will take time...
my most expensive model is definitely the PG astray :P its my only PG model so it has to be the most expensive one^^
my most expensive master grade is the sinanju ver.ka titanium finish. 90 bucks plus shipping plus taxes :P but still worth every penny!
Old 2011-07-13, 08:50   Link #21110
bio9205
Reborn

Did you paint that SD Wing? It looks awesome! Really tempted.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 09:52   Link #21111
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Did you paint that SD Wing? It looks awesome! Really tempted.
Nope. Basic stickers and panel lining. Notice the whites of the hands, the back of the shield and the energy canisters.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 10:20   Link #21112
Appel

Quote:
Nope. Basic stickers and panel lining. Notice the whites of the hands, the back of the shield and the energy canisters.
that was what i was the most amazed about this model. it comes with a lot of colored plastic in many different colors and it only needs very little stickers on the main body!
Old 2011-07-13, 10:39   Link #21113
skyboy928

Quote:
that was what i was the most amazed about this model. it comes with a lot of colored plastic in many different colors and it only needs very little stickers on the main body!
i need to hurry up and cut up all the boxes, so i could start working on the new one
Old 2011-07-13, 14:54   Link #21114
Appel

Quote:
i need to hurry up and cut up all the boxes, so i could start working on the new one
how many have you cut by now?^^ you really have a crapload of boxes, must take forever to get them all cut...
Old 2011-07-13, 15:13   Link #21115
skyboy928

Quote:
how many have you cut by now?^^ you really have a crapload of boxes, must take forever to get them all cut...
i have total of 200+ boxes, i'm gonna save all the PG boxes, so that still leave me 190 or so. so far i cut 1/3 of my SD collection. still a long way to go........
as long as i could clear my work bench, i could start putting together those new kit again, it's not like i really have to cut it all before i could do it. but it would be best to finish this once and for all. since my space is pretty limited.

Last edited by skyboy928; 2011-07-13 at 16:01.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:40   Link #21116
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
SUPER SEXY TIME

I really like the original Freedom design
Old 2011-07-15, 02:37   Link #21117
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Real Grade... FREEDOM Gundam

I've finally found my first RG kit to buy. Considering the original HG 1/144 Freedom was derp as hell, this sexy new RG should finally give me a Freedom Gundam worthy of its awesome

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 02:59   Link #21118
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

AW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 04:24   Link #21119
Appel

real grade freedom? woa bandai really wants to push the new line! :O
Old 2011-07-15, 07:31   Link #21120
skyboy928

Quote:
real grade freedom? woa bandai really wants to push the new line! :O
i guess it kinda make sense. after all they did jump from 1 Year War all the way to Seed, so might as well release Freedom before they move on to the next one.
so did they announce the release date on this?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy