Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-21, 14:21   Link #221
hiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
In reality, if he kills Naruto - he's screwing Akatsuki over
But we know that's definitely not his motivation at least (although i'm sure he'd get a little satisfaction from it), or else he would have killed Naruto back in the Chuunin exam. Oro knows Akatsuki want Naruto and I think he knows why, or an idea why at least. Up until that point he considerered Naruto to be a complete non-entity, a no-talent bum not worth bothering with. Once Naruto displayed the Rasengan all that changed.

In fact, this scene was the first time we got a hint that Akatsuki aren't just after Kyuubi, they also wish Naruto to develop control over it's powers, because why would Naruto deomonstrating skillful use of powerful chakra worry Oro if Akatsuki's goal was simply Kyuubi? If anything Naruto having no control over the fox would make it easier on them.

Anyway, i'm aware this is going off topic so will shut up there .
hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:59   Link #222
Alchemist

So does anybody have a link to that inteview where kishimoto says the gaiden will be 12 chapters?
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:00   Link #223
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko
But we know that's definitely not his motivation at least (although i'm sure he'd get a little satisfaction from it), or else he would have killed Naruto back in the Chuunin exam.
He said himself that he didnt kill him the first time was because he didnt want to piss off akatuki.

(before he realized who he was he WAS trying to kill him (with the snake and all))
After he figured it out he just sealed him and let him go.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 16:59   Link #224
wb_hicks

from my understanding oro doesnt know they want naruto from how everything is protraid. naruto was a no talent loud mouth brat that had kyubi charka leaking out. his main goal was sasuke at that time. hell he barely even reckonized naruto at first. it was after kabuto gave sasuke data to him that he began to slowly worry about naruto. after he seen him do the rasengan i think he was more worried about him self then the Akatsuki.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 17:51   Link #225
hiko

Oro clearly knows the Akatsuki want Kyuubi. Just re-read the sannin fight for proof.

Quote:
He said himself that he didnt kill him the first time was because he didnt want to piss off akatuki.
When did he make this comment, can't say I remember that myself, but my memory isn't too great tbh.
Old 2004-11-21, 18:11   Link #226
Hokage Ace

he said he didnt want to kill him the first time he met him because he thought naruto had zero talent and therefore would be of no threat but he changed his mind when he saw him perform rasengan since its a very high level jutsu.

He has already pissed off Akatsuki.
Hokage Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 18:25   Link #227
hiko

That's how I remember it as well.
Old 2004-11-22, 04:14   Link #228
Satoru

I have two questions...

1. In chapter 239, Kakashi is still a kid and already jounin...what about his anbu career?

2. In chapter 237, Kakashi said: "Even with this eye...I couldn't see what was going to happen." Did he mean Sasuke? If not, then Kakashi had the sharingan before Obito's death.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 04:32   Link #229
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
I have two questions...

1. In chapter 239, Kakashi is still a kid and already jounin...what about his anbu career?

2. In chapter 237, Kakashi said: "Even with this eye...I couldn't see what was going to happen." Did he mean Sasuke? If not, then Kakashi had the sharingan before Obito's death.

Kakashi was an ANBU during his teen years... he cant be more than what.. ten there?

The Sasuke/Naruto conflict elevation to a level which resembled Ori/Jurai... Obito and his??? Kakashi probably got the Sharingan from Obito... and with Orichanaru and Kakashi being so close...

My realization is (sorry if this has been posted already) that Kakashi's current attitude and behavior resembles Obito's. His excuse with the old lady is something Kakashi would say to the kids... On behalf of his dead comrade? How sweet. That's one big attitude adjustment... You think Sasuke and Naruto will follow in the same path? Perhaps one getting an attitude adjustment at the cost of someone's life? Or it could follow the Ori/Jurai path where they both stay seperate forever... But they're both alive but i doubt they'd reach an understanding anytime soon before death...
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 04:40   Link #230
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
I have two questions...

He probably joined Anbu after the events of the gaiden.

Quote:
We have no idea of the circumstances that lead to Kakashi bearing the Sharingan, so whatever Kakashi was referring to is yet to be decided. Personally, I think he's talking about Sasuke.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 09:07   Link #231
Icer

Quote:
I have two questions...

For the 2nd part it's pretty obvious he meant Sasuke leaving the village.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 09:42   Link #232
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
Is this interview confirmed?
IF that is true, that would mean that the time skip will not be seen until the end of february
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:38   Link #233
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
IF that is true, that would mean that the time skip will not be seen until the end of february
Well, I'm fine with that - builds up expectation and I've got no complaints about the gaiden running for a while.

My only problem is that kishimoto gets rather...repetitive.

Still, for a quick Naruto fix, I couldn't have asked for much better than this chapter!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 14:42   Link #234
Silqthashakka
Riff

I got it. The gift that the 4th gave Kikashi was the kunai while the gift that the Rin gave him was the medical kit. However the gift Obito gave him was nothing. Of course later, it will be his own sharingan. All these gifts will make it possible. The kunai will make the scar, the eye will be exchanged, and the special medical kit will heal it. It all makes sense don't you think?
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 15:14   Link #235
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka
I got it. The gift that the 4th gave Kikashi was the kunai while the gift that the Rin gave him was the medical kit. However the gift Obito gave him was nothing. Of course later, it will be his own sharingan. All these gifts will make it possible. The kunai will make the scar, the eye will be exchanged, and the special medical kit will heal it. It all makes sense don't you think?
no actually, thats pretty farfetched.. :}
Old 2004-11-22, 17:40   Link #236
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka

Although that connects all the gifts, it wouldn't work for transplanting an eye. Eye surgery is already incredibly difficult, & putting an eye with a Sharingan into a body with no Uchiha blood is nearly impossible. That's why Kakashi gets a lot of comments like "your body is alright for the Sharingan, but you're not of Uchiha blood" I think someone like Tsunade performed the operation. A kunai, no matter how special it is, isn't a very good surgical tool.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:54   Link #237
Satoru

When Kakashi held out his hand Obito should have cut out his eye.
I'll give you this! It's a special eye.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:19   Link #238
fatbob

dont know if this has been said before but what if Obito after getting the Sharingan tries to get Mangekouy (spelling?) by killing kakashi but only cut out his eye

later kakashi gets revenge by killing obito and replacing his eye with obito`s sharingan eye.

just a stupid theory but sounds cool
fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:54   Link #239
Isse

or kakashi just kicked obito´s ass and obito regreted his action and said kakashi could have his eye....
Isse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:57   Link #240
Hanbok
nahmoo

Obito died during the war I believe. I think Obito gave his eye to Kakashi as his will?
Hanbok is offline   Reply With Quote