AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-12, 23:21   Link #8701
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man if you know this thread is all haters going to hate and not lovers going to love why do you keep coming back to it like it's magically going to turn into some utopia one day?

As much as you assume we would have stopped reading something we hate, I'd imagine you would have gone elsewhere to get your fill of worthwhile discussion for KNIM.

And once again, none of the 'haters' have stepped over the line to insult or question the people enjoying this series. We don't butt into your conversations / discussions either.

You want cute? I'll be god damn adorable.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 00:01   Link #8702
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Man if you know this thread is all haters going to hate and not lovers going to love why do you keep coming back to it like it's magically going to turn into some utopia one day?
To give some moral support for those people who actually like the show, want to discuss the story and who are annoyed by the ongoing hater circlejerking. After all, threads like these are supposed to be for discussions of those interested in the manga

Quote:
And once again, none of the 'haters' have stepped over the line to insult or question the people enjoying this series.
That's hardly true. But that's not what's really bothering me: It's the disgusting utter lack of manners and respect for the work of others, ESPECIALLY when it's paired with the lecherous giggling about the fanservice parts at the same time. Essentially, what I'm doing here is holding a mirror in front of our haters. Don't like what you're seeing? Good. I agree.

Quote:
You want cute? I'll be god damn adorable.
Some common courtesy would already make me happy. Returning to discuss the manga would actually be awesome. And if the criticism leveraged at it would be voiced in an adequate tone, I'd be thrilled.

Still, I'm not your mommy. Do whatever you please. Just don't complain if others do to you what you're doing to others.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 01:44   Link #8703
cyberdemon

Quote:
it's nowhere near as bad as OM forum is
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:14   Link #8704
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
it's nowhere near as bad as OM forum is
It seem OM has good reasons to their point.

MF just overwhelms you shippers.

Suki is like a middle ground, unless Mentor happens to scavenge this thread and pour hot sauce in a poor unexpected poster eyes, that has a different view
Old 2011-09-13, 03:13   Link #8705
mangaf_cksdotcom

Chapter 148 = DAT ASS!!! (with clothes)
Chapter 149 = DAT ASS!!! (in bikini)
Chapter 150 = BAZONGAS!!!
Chapter 151 = is it going topless?!!!

There's no need to test Haruto's love for Eba, he gave up a lot already, and no 3-chapter character can be a threat to it... What in the world is Seo thinking?
Old 2011-09-13, 03:41   Link #8706
Sakuyakun

Master chibi..please!!you are upsetting Mentar, you don't want him pulling a 3 page story explaining how this manga change his life! How many times do i have to say this lol

You don't want a enraged middle age man ranting all day, how posters this days should love seo for what he does and even force us to make a shrine for the great mangaka.
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 06:52   Link #8707
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Members are indeed entitled to post what they want even if they hate the story. Even though i disagree with Mentar on many views of KNIM. I will agree that a level of respect is necessary in this kind forums to keep things going at a smooth pace. I admit i think the story and majority of the characters are sub par but with exceptional art. why do i continue reading? because i finish things i start.

haters gonna hate and some people got nothin but love as long as everyone respects others opinion there should be no problem anyone is welcome to leave and not post whenever they choose to.
Old 2011-09-13, 06:59   Link #8708
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Oh dear god so it starts and its pretty much Rin's fault after that little pep talk maybe that was her plan all along. Rin will be the winner in the end by playing all her competition against each other then sit back and watch her handy work play out.
I just read this manga..for this..

Rin is the best...the best character in this manga...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 09:04   Link #8709
Sakuyakun

Well, I have to apologize. My previous post was not appropriate And I guess there is nothing wrong if a 70 years old like knim. After all we have our own preferences and tastes.

But I do hope no one tells us to leave this thread in the future since we don't like seo's writting, I do have fun seeing other members having the same criticism and watching few members converting.
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:43   Link #8710
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
Well, I have to apologize. My previous post was not appropriate And I guess there is nothing wrong if a 70 years old like knim. After all we have our own preferences and tastes.

But I do hope no one tells us to leave this thread in the future since we don't like seo's writting, I do have fun seeing other members having the same criticism and watching few members converting.
No one is saying leave and no one has the right to tell you to do so. The problem that most readers have with people saying they dont the manga is that the dont give examples of why they dont like the manga or give shallow explanations as to why.

If you dont like it explain and give a clear example of what you dont like. Dont say something like i dont like the manga because Haruto dumped Asuka. I myself have been critical of this manga and have voiced it and no one has told me to leave.
Old 2011-09-13, 10:58   Link #8711
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

16 chapters until KNIM is officially more successful than the oh so loved Ichigo100%...

...just sayin
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 12:06   Link #8712
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Members are indeed entitled to post what they want even if they hate the story. Even though i disagree with Mentar on many views of KNIM. I will agree that a level of respect is necessary in this kind forums to keep things going at a smooth pace. I admit i think the story and majority of the characters are sub par but with exceptional art. why do i continue reading? because i finish things i start.

haters gonna hate and some people got nothin but love as long as everyone respects others opinion there should be no problem anyone is welcome to leave and not post whenever they choose to.
You've assessed pretty much what I was trying to come across all this years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
16 chapters until KNIM is officially more successful than the oh so loved Ichigo100%...

...just sayin
Thats not really fair now, "Ichigo 100%" had to survive in harsh environment of "Jump", where everything is restricted
Old 2011-09-13, 16:32   Link #8713
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That's where I think this is going. She tries to make a move on him (or the situation ends up putting them in a ... convenient position :P) he rebuffs her, saying that he wont betray Eba cause he loves her etc. to show us all that Haruto is being serious and is irrevocably in love with Eba.

The problem is the same exact thing happened before back when he was with Asuka, so I'm not sure this course of action is going to prove anything about how strong Haruto's commitment is to his girlfriends.
Sorry i totally forgot to reply to this.

Im hoping that situation does happen and that is not what Seo's intention is. The reason is at this point he should not have to convince the readers that Haruto is serious Yuzuki nor should he be trying to justify them being together by adding drama from a random girl. We are beyond that now thats not where we should be headed. Right now the manga is not advancing its stalled and i think Seo is actually trying to work out just how to move into the final stages.

Look at the past few chapters he has been showing Haruto and Yuzuki spending time together but nothing so grand as it has advanced the story. The last jump in the story was him moving in to his own place and giving Yuzuki a key to me that was significant.

Bottom line Seo shouldn't need to prove anything about Haruto anymore hes already done it stop dillydallying and get a move on. The mod is waiting Seo right now we dont have torches or pick forks but if you keep screwing around
Old 2011-09-13, 22:31   Link #8714
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
IM.

And once again, none of the 'haters' have stepped over the line to insult or question the people enjoying this series. We don't butt into your conversations / discussions either.
Bringing Mentar's age into the discussion is pretty much ad hominem.

And as said, there's hypocrisy involved. Freedom of speech goes both ways. If you have the right to whine about KNIM, then he has the right to try to sway your opinion or deconstruct your hatred towards the series.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 23:04   Link #8715
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

And as said, there's hypocrisy involved. Freedom of speech goes both ways. If you have the right to whine about KNIM, then he has the right to try to sway your opinion or deconstruct your hatred towards the series.
I agree with you here, but ironically complainer vs complainer, never goes anywhere, both are due to their rights to do so, but the bright side is, sooner or later one of them will either move on or keep on arguing until one of them passes away
Old 2011-09-14, 16:27   Link #8716
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

When did I bring his age into this?

The guy decided to start shit by calling some of the 'haters' as cute. So we 'fought' back.

I still don't remember the haters ever stepping over that same line and starting anything, but he apparently swears we did so whatever.

Old 2011-09-14, 16:50   Link #8717
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm with Mentar here (yet again). Our story and characters are realistic because they are teenagers. Teenagers are unpredictable, stupid, foolish and selfish.

If you guys are wondering what crosses the line, it's bashing Seo himself. He's a damn good author and a damn good artist. If you don't like Haruto, then say that, don't say Seo sucks or something. And if you really, really believe it, then be gone. I lost my patience with Bleach and Kubo, and guess what... I'm not in those threads bashing him every week.
Old 2011-09-14, 20:47   Link #8718
Master Chibi

How the hell do we say we don't like Haruto and not have it then directly apply to Seo, the one entirely responsible for how Haruto acts and behaves?

Seo's a damn good artist.

That's all I'm saying, and I'll be here again same time next week.

Deal with it~

Old 2011-09-14, 21:01   Link #8719
Shadow5YA

Haruto is in college. He should have at least started to grow out of some of his bad teenage fickleness.

Having a character that is similar to an immature teenager in real life does not necessarily make him a realistic teenager. There are more aspects to a teenager than just being foolish, like growth - an aspect I find very important in storytelling and something I find Haruto severely lacking.

Currently the story is at the point where we are supposed to feel good about Haruto's moment in life. He has a great girlfriend, and his new lifestyle is stabilizing. However, as a reader I do not feel a sense of happiness or relief at all and still can't help but facepalm at Haruto. When the writer fails to convey the tone or mood he intends to convey to the reader and instead gets the opposite reaction, I think that's an indication of poor writing.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 23:58   Link #8720
erfine
hugs@Ranka

I don't think you can describe Haruto as fickle. He gets thrown into compromising situations with different girls, but he's had a single-minded interest in Eba from the start, irrespective of whether he realized it at any given moment or not. This was true even in the first arc when he asked out whats-her-face, and again in the post-Toyko bit when he was dating whats-her-face (not to be confused with the previous whats-her-face).

There's a difference between communicating a character's mood (i.e. Ah! Haruto and Eba seem happy together) and changing the reader's mood to feel the same as the characters (But *I* don't feel happy for them! Bring back <Nanami/Asuka/Nishino/insertgirlhere>!). If you're feeling miserable about yourself, for example, reading a sappy scene isn't necessarily going to perk you up (it may just make you feel more bitter).

I think much of the anguish and acting out in this thread comes from trying to follow a romance manga on a weekly basis. You're basically watching everything unfold in s-l-o-w-m-o-t-i-o-n.

Quote:
The guy decided to start shit by calling some of the 'haters' as cute. So we 'fought' back.
I'm curious to see how someone who describes themself as a master of chibi could ever rebel against the 'cute' label. Good luck?
erfine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life