Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Is finally out now in Japan.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 08:35   Link #282
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Just finished the game.... and gotta say It's very satisfying for me although I agree with the others that this game could be far better

A nice mix between the 1st and 2nd game. The soundtrack, gameplay design, and also the atmosphere feels like the first game. Not to mention there's a lot of reference to the 1st game at the beginning some feels of the 2nd game is felt graphically to me... I don't know, but it just felt quite similar, especially that ragdoll body physics. Also love the visual styling and simple HUD and UI.

I really like the conversation system, especially the crucial ones. I like how the dialogs sometimes could change so we have to take on different approach as well. The hacking system is also nice, but quite tiring maybe it encourages us to find the codes more actively. Luckily, there's a code and password reminder unlike the past 2 games.

Somehow I also get this MGS 4-like feel starting from the upgrade chip thingy which leads to global control, etc. Also that zombie-like enemies is similar to those SOP soldiers in MGS4. Oh, not to mention the endings which use real video footage. Very MGS-like. (Which is good IMO)

Some letdowns.... the cutscenes. I guess the trailers fooled us I though Square Enix aside from being the publisher also the one in charge for making the CG cutscenes. But the in-game cutscenes are... well.. they just used the in-game models for them. I guess that super hi-quality cutscenes are for trailers only. A lot of them are also not in the game.

The story also could use more work toward the end IMO. The conspirators seem to be untouched to me. I was expecting they would be uncovered slightly. The opposing characters also didn't feel that intimidating. Barrett, Federova, and Namir are just like that.. you meet them 2 times, and they're dead. I guess the other characters like Tong, Zeke, and the others feels like just passing by. Maybe it's because in this game we only stick to Sarif where in the previous games we are ordered by various factions.

Compared to the previous games, this one also has less place to travel around. We only have 2 cities. I know that there was an interview that this game was intended to be bigger, having at least 5 cities. But I guess that can't be helped considering today's graphic standard which is very space-consuming. At least both towns are enjoyable to visit. I wished they'd add more districts to them at least.

Overall, a great game and very enjoyable to play
Old 2011-09-16, 14:03   Link #283
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Angry Joe reviews Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Old 2011-09-17, 07:06   Link #284
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Sariff is into some kinky stuff/

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-17, 11:05   Link #285
Irkalla
I asked for this

Old 2011-09-18, 22:58   Link #286
Key Board
Carbon

I cleared the game for the 2nd time on Deus Ex difficulty. Got the pacifist achievement.

I'm having some buyer's remorse now.. Was it worth $40~ ?

I mean... obviously not a bad game, but did it deserve the hype?
As a stealth game there are better alternatives.

maybe the game is much better if you played the original Deus Ex?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 23:07   Link #287
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
What in the world is going on there...??
Old 2011-09-18, 23:13   Link #288
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The number one thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of a New Game Plus. You wouldn't believe how shocked I was to find that out.

I dunno if I'll play it again unless one gets patched in because that just felt like a huge troll, and I'm not very happy about it.

I seriously doubt it's even possible to activate every augment in a single play-through.

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people got the replacement biochip only for it not to do you any good at all during the 3rd boss fight like me? That was goddamn difficult.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-09-19 at 00:32.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 23:15   Link #289
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Just an edited gif for lol the person knoking the glass was trapped in that room with a toxic gas leak, he was asking for our help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The number one thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of a New Game Plus. You wouldn't believe how shocked I was to find that out.
It's always like that since the first game.
Oh, that upgrade chip? XD luckily I didn't get one
Old 2011-09-19, 00:08   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Also, just out of curiosity, how many people got the replacement biochip only to for it not to do you any good at all during the 3rd boss fight like me? That was goddamn difficult.
Spoiler:

It was interesting, but nothing target-seeking bullets can't handle
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 06:36   Link #291
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people got the replacement biochip only for it not to do you any good at all during the 3rd boss fight like me? That was goddamn difficult.
Hm, a recall on biochips; I'm going to get a new one totally free right before I go deep into enemy territory? What could go wrong?

Seriously, it doesn't take that much effort to figure it out if you took the time to read on the electronics and Tai Yong Medical.

Quote:
"What? You want saved from the poisonous gas? Sorry I can't help you right now, I'm too busy dancing."
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 06:56   Link #292
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Just an edited gif for lol the person knoking the glass was trapped in that room with a toxic gas leak, he was asking for our help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
"What? You want saved from the poisonous gas? Sorry I can't help you right now, I'm too busy dancing."
Actually that's based on a funny video someone made. Here's the video.

Old 2011-09-19, 09:01   Link #293
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The long queue at the clinic made me rebellious : I am already doing fine, why should I bother with the biochip?

I never got it anyway. And I am blazing through any opposition with a miniaturised chaingun, coupled with laser designator, 2 damage upgrades, recoil reducers, magazine upgrades and a cooling system. All for free.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 09:05   Link #294
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I totally missed the biochip in my first playthrough (didn't go for the check-up even). Good thing I did. Now every other playthrough I go "NOPE" and laugh in her face during the battle.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 09:27   Link #295
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually that's based on a funny video someone made. Here's the video.

That. Was. Priceless.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 12:12   Link #296
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
That. Was. Priceless.
Like that? Here's two more.

Old 2011-09-19, 13:42   Link #297
Irkalla
I asked for this

And this is where Adam got the idea in the first place:

Old 2011-09-19, 13:59   Link #298
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Seriously, it doesn't take that much effort to figure it out if you took the time to read on the electronics and Tai Yong Medical.
See that's the thing. I never read any e-mail, e-books or pocket secretaries I came across because any pass-codes you get from them were automatically recorded and didn't have to be memorized. Didn't figure anything else about them would do me any good.

I s'pose one could have made the connection through the story itself, but it's a secondary objective and I found the easy XP too good to pass up.

I still managed to beat the boss. I was prepared enough with my inventory, I just had to be extra cautious which made the fight drag on for a while.
Old 2011-09-19, 15:00   Link #299
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

I dunno if I'll play it again unless one gets patched in because that just felt like a huge troll, and I'm not very happy about it.

I seriously doubt it's even possible to activate every augment in a single play-through
It is. Double takedowns and hacking generates ludicrous amounts of XP. Plus there's a couple of free praxis kits in the world to find if you're an explorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I cleared the game for the 2nd time on Deus Ex difficulty. Got the pacifist achievement.

I'm having some buyer's remorse now.. Was it worth $40~ ?

I mean... obviously not a bad game, but did it deserve the hype?
As a stealth game there are better alternatives.

maybe the game is much better if you played the original Deus Ex?
If you aproach it as a pure stealth game, yes. But Deus Ex isn't a pure stealth game. It's a "chose what you want to do" game. You can go in a possible hostile base sneaking, or you can go in guns blazing. You can knock out all the guards, or just sneak by them, hack a terminal and tell the local turrets and bots to open fire. Or you can leave them alone. Sometimes you can even talk a guard or boss into giving you access to the base.

In Deus Ex, the question is never "is [insert playstyle] as good as others in the genre?" but "can I do it?" It's a game of choice. A jack of all trades. And with being a jack of all trades comes the natural downside that its also a master of none.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 23:45   Link #300
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oh wow

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...re-outsourced/

That explains a bit why the boss fights sucked so much and felt out of place.

So not only did Eidos outsourced the PC version of this game but they also outsourced the boss battles too. No offensive but I still blame Eidos for making that decision. They should've given it to I dunno, EA or someone who does at least decent boss fights (Crysis and Crysis 2 anyone?)

In any case were the boss fights really necessary?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote