AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 14:22   Link #381
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And no one is complaining, we are just saying we are worried about the direction the block is going in.
why? It's a fucking television programming block, not a dedicated genre specific channel. Other programming blocks air shows similar to what you guys have been talking about ala NTV's late night block with Chihayafuru this season. I don't understand the buttpain over noitaminA becoming diverse and not just sticking to the same old boring shit.
Old 2011-10-10, 14:28   Link #382
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
why. It's a fucking television programming block, other blocks air shows similar to what you guys have been talking ala Chihayafuru this season. I don't understand the buttpain over noitaminA becoming diverse and not just sticking to the same old boring shit.
Because there are WAY more blocks targeting Otaku than playing the same "boring shit" as you say.

Sorry but noitaminA used to be a unique block, now it no longer feels that way. And it was plenty diverse before.

Yes Chihayafuru is great and we can be thankful to Madhouse for that but it's not like those type of shows are common.

And again my comments are in no way against Guilty Crown. I hope it exceeds my expectations but that doesn't change the fact that I am not enthused about noitaminA clearly targeting a more common target audience.
Old 2011-10-10, 14:38   Link #383
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I think it's very fair to say that Notamina has been changing a lot recently, and not in ways that fans of the block will like. It's not that the shows are necessarily bad (Hell Guilty Crown is one of my most hyped shows of the season), it's just that Notamina was almost like a brand name, which used to be unique, but now is just like everything else almost. If people have come to expect that certain uniqueness of the brand and then it's lost, of course people are going to be mad.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 15:23   Link #384
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresden View Post
I would kiss the wheelchair girl's useless, crippled legs
I find it weird.

If they can build mechs/robots that run around with human-like motions then surely they can make something for someone like her?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:19   Link #385
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wheelchairs are the new moe, of course.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:54   Link #386
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yes, when lolis aren't helpless enough
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 02:41   Link #387
Horse

Quote:
No because that was aimed at the art house crowd not Otaku either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I like past noitaminA better when it had series that are ordinary, non-otaku-pandering but realistic, quiet, deep and heartwarming.
Quote:
Sorry but noitaminA used to be a unique block, now it no longer feels that way. And it was plenty diverse before.
Whoa there, different noitaminA definitions? I don't even... How can you two be in agreement?

It seems you're just being herpaderp for the sake of being herpaderp about noitaminA. Don't worry... YAMAKAN WILL SAVE ANIME IN JANUARY! Oh wait... I've seen this before...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 04:09   Link #388
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wheelchairs are the new moe, of course.
Are there any examples of wheelchair moe before this besides the obvious one in Nunally Lamperouge? I always thought it was infirmity in general that was the moe thing, usually to do with cute girls that have been hospitalized or have some undefined illness that's threatening to or does off them......

Yeah actually that sort of thing is a little grim and morbid, if there has to be a moe fetish over something I'd rather it be cute girls in wheelchairs than dying ones....seriously why does that seem to be a valid moe fetish played so straight in more than a few eroge....makes me wonder.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 05:44   Link #389
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Whoa there, different noitaminA definitions? I don't even... How can you two be in agreement?

It seems you're just being herpaderp for the sake of being herpaderp about noitaminA. Don't worry... YAMAKAN WILL SAVE ANIME IN JANUARY! Oh wait... I've seen this before...
We don't have DiFFERENT noitaminA definitions. The block was diverse it didn't just show "heart warming/realistic Josei series" but that is something that it definitely showed.

It showed plenty of Arthouse stuff too. Most importantly it was aimed at an Adult- non-Otaku audience (and it was especially aimed at a female adult audience but I wouldn't say that was exclusive).

We are just saying we are sorry to see the uniqueness of noitaminA go away. It used to be a special block, it hardly feels that way anymore. If you don't care good for you.

It seems you are being rude for the sake of being rude.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2011-10-11 at 05:56.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 06:29   Link #390
Horse

Quote:
It seems you are being rude for the sake of being rude.
Not really, applejuice (lol) recalled times "when it had series that are ordinary (...)" (he didn't say anything about "artsy" shows, that was your addition later) and I immediately countered it with Usagi DROP which just aired LAST SEASON to call him out on the bullshit he spat out in that post. Simple stuff, really. You two tried to argue it and I replied once more with more examples - not even opinions, I replied with examples!

Last edited by Horse; 2011-10-11 at 06:39.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:02   Link #391
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Are there any examples of wheelchair moe before this besides the obvious one in Nunally Lamperouge? I always thought it was infirmity in general that was the moe thing, usually to do with cute girls that have been hospitalized or have some undefined illness that's threatening to or does off them......

Yeah actually that sort of thing is a little grim and morbid, if there has to be a moe fetish over something I'd rather it be cute girls in wheelchairs than dying ones....seriously why does that seem to be a valid moe fetish played so straight in more than a few eroge....makes me wonder.
To make you cry for them of course and to be all protective of them....

But when they do get offed it just shatters your heart sadly.

Dammit....the use of GHQ as one of the factions keeps reminding me of Muramasa...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-10-11 at 08:23.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:11   Link #392
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Guilty Crown is getting extremely good review from its premiere event. Like, almost Fate/Zero level when it also had its premiere. They said 1st and 2nd episodes were all shown in that screening, and both had almost movie quality sakuga.

Now I'm genuinely interested. If story doesn't screw up my taste, it would be amazing.
If this turns out good, then the next few months are going to be insane. Main worry is story as everything else looks beyond fantastic.

Looks like IG brought their A-game.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 08:30   Link #393
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I don't know why people were so amazed at Fate/Zero. 1st episode looked more like a visual novel. A lot of still shots. Ep 2 was much more impressive imo. Anyway, can't wait to check this out when it airs the 13th.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 13:25   Link #394
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I don't know why people were so amazed at Fate/Zero.
I agree with this. I guess you have to be one of those rabid die-hard Fate/Stay Night fans to be all super excited by it? (But even if I was one of those people, the quality of it did not impress me from what I saw. I don't see what there is to write home about.)
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 16:36   Link #395
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I don't know why people were so amazed at Fate/Zero. 1st episode looked more like a visual novel. A lot of still shots. Ep 2 was much more impressive imo. Anyway, can't wait to check this out when it airs the 13th.
Cause it's from a popular VN and actually looks half decent ala Clannad etc. I mean I liked the opening episode well enough myself (moreso during the second half), but the art/animation just looks like respectable and consistent TV show art/animation for me. I wonder if people are just so used to mediocre animation for that sort of thing that by comparison it looks out of this world.

Also as Kismet-chan points out Fate/Stay Night has a pretty hard core fanbase that had to suffer through two previous bad adaptations with pretty crummy artwork/fight choreography/animation before so anything remotely decent probably looks godlike by comparison to the undiscerning eye that just wants some right done by the franchise.

Plus in general people on AS seem to be more open to and more likely to praise VN adaptations compared to other types of shows like mecha and what not. Especially ones by popular creators like Key and Type-Moon that are done by popular studios like Kyoani or ufoTABLE. It's just that kind of board and that's just sort of the thing that seems popular in general in this era of anime...it's kind of something that I've seen demonstrated season after season year after year to the point where it rarely makes me blink anymore even if I still really don't fully grasp how the VN fandom works. It's not really my scene so that's about all I can say about that being an outside observer and what not.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:31   Link #396
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Why we talk about Fate/Zero now?
Old 2011-10-11, 19:57   Link #397
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Why we talk about Fate/Zero now?
Because it's the emo thing to do, to trash talk something popular that, by the way, isn't even a visual novel. It's a light novel written by Urobuchi Gen, and has nothing to do with that piece of harem eroge trash Fate/Stay Night outside of being in the same Nasuverse.

Anyways, I'm expecting Guilty Crown to be great popcorn entertainment in the vein of Geass (I mean, it's written by the same writers), and wouldn't be surprised if I end up rating it right below Zero in a three-way tie between Crown, Fam, and Mirai-Nikki.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 20:28   Link #398
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Because it's the emo thing to do, to trash talk something popular that, by the way, isn't even a visual novel. It's a light novel written by Urobuchi Gen, and has nothing to do with that piece of harem eroge trash Fate/Stay Night outside of being in the same Nasuverse.

Anyways, I'm expecting Guilty Crown to be great popcorn entertainment in the vein of Geass (I mean, it's written by the same writers), and wouldn't be surprised if I end up rating it right below Zero in a three-way tie between Crown, Fam, and Mirai-Nikki.
I'll just say this, for one claiming that there's trash talking going on you seem to be the one putting the Fate franchise down in a big way. Unless you're being sarcastic in which case disregard that statement

To answer the other question, we're having a brief chat about Fate/Zero because Guilty Crown has gained some notoriety for looking extremely good in the trailers and according to the reports pretty damn good in the episode itself. Somebody brought up that they were confused why Fate/Zero has gained such notoriety for having great animation as well since some of us just feel is solid and not outstanding in the first episode and I tried to offer my theories to see if I can help clear up the question a bit. Pretty clear cut.

Alas I've again betrayed my unfamiliarity with the Fate franchise though. I did not know it was a Light Novel, but in some ways I'm sort of not surprised to learn this.
Old 2011-10-11, 20:36   Link #399
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

So can we stop the fate, noitaminA or whatever the off-topic wave.

Btw seems I'm the only one that not too confidence with this one, I don't like the anime chara design.. and my gut tell me many people with disappoint in the end.. no logical reasoning behind it though.
Old 2011-10-11, 20:45   Link #400
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
So can we stop the fate, noitaminA or whatever the off-topic wave.

Btw seems I'm the only one that not too confidence with this one, I don't like the anime chara design.. and my gut tell me many people with disappoint in the end.. no logical reasoning behind it though.
Well, we'll never know how a show does until it's over, but GC has a lot going for it. Writers behind Code Geass. Production IG. Two cour, so not constrained by a short timeslot. Original story, so not a re-hash of an already publicized piece of work.

Sure, it could fail, but my gut tells me with Production I.G. behind this, even with a questionable director (who's only real work of worth was directing Death Note), GC is primed for success.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig