Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 09:08   Link #61
Ending

Quote:
mkisofs -r -J -o burnthis.iso /mnt/windows/sysreset/download/

cdrecord -v -data dev=0,0,0 burnthis.iso

rm burnthis.iso
Ah, the wonderful remnants of Unix and its even more wonderful text commands.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 13:54   Link #62
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
I only store it on my hard drive, the things I like I keep until I can get the DVD´s, the other stuff gets thrown out when the drive becomes full.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 16:37   Link #63
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitmap
If you burn anime on disk and put it away for safe-keeping, how do you do it? And how do you organise your CDs so they don't get lost?

I, for example, burn anime CDs which have episodes exclusive per series. For example, 1 CD will have episodes 1-4 of Mai-Hime while the next one has 5-8.
This is the way to go, and I have been doing things this way for a long time. CDs are cheap, burning already takes some time. Wasting time cooking up a spreadsheet just to find episodes on disc is too much -- people who do it that way tend to fall behind.

I have been well past the binder stage for a long time. I got a mess of wooden CD-sized storage chests from IKEA and waxed them (to finish off the raw wood). Then I put everything in them alphabetical by series in Tyvec/plastic sleeves.

I keep finished series in the chests and unfinished series in open CD racks in a drawer next to my comp. That makes it easier to keep track of things.

No chance at all I am going to put everything on DVD-ROM. They seem a lot less robust than CDs so far and it would be a big hassle to wait to fill one with episodes from one series, do multi-session discs or whatever. It's easier to just get a couple more chests if it comes to that.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-12-01 at 17:23.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 16:52   Link #64
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
This is the way to go, and I have been doing things this way for a long time. CDs are cheap, burning already takes some time. Wasting time cooking up a spreadsheet just to find episodes on disc is too much -- people who do it that way tend to fall behind.
I understand about that spreadsheet laziness problem... so I'm still amazed that my little batch file which automatically archives it for me seems to be the highest technology available at this time.

Maybe I've got a multi-million dollar idea here.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 22:58   Link #65
LK_LoA

Where's the HDD-farm option? XD
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 21:59   Link #66
EroKiTsuNe
狐/여우/狐狸

Send a message via AIM to EroKiTsuNe
I have a HDD farm..running 1750 gbs of space on my computer...500 are for anime...yea...otherwise the rest are stored like this. http://www.oishii-sushi.com/kitsune/Pictures/Room/
EroKiTsuNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 22:59   Link #67
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKiTsuNe
I have a HDD farm..running 1750 gbs of space on my computer...500 are for anime...yea...otherwise the rest are stored like this. http://www.oishii-sushi.com/kitsune/Pictures/Room/
Whoa. You have a lot of posters and wall scrolls there. Consider me impressed.

My collection is still on the original DVDs, but about half of them are without the original cases; not bootleg stuff, but I toss the regular cases out while packing for shipment earlier. I still need to finish putting together a HDD farm and put the anime and movies on it, though.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 04:00   Link #68
4saken

I put all my anime on data dvds , and when I dont feel easily frustrated ill convert some for playable dvd format for dvd players. I also have hundreds of cd-rs i havnt taken the time to put back to hd and burn to dvd for extra binder space.
4saken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:50   Link #69
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
That's surely a lot of wallscrolls indeed... could you perhaps spare this Asuka one?
Spoiler for saving space:

...or wait, this one is even better:

I sadly don't have that much (they're not that easy to get over here and often expensive), but I also have this Love Hina one:
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 21:11   Link #70
Utalks

Well as there is not much DVDs here in my place my anime are in CDs and I usually arrange them in pretty much some spindles a lot of spindles... it take up some space since i'm too cheap to get a better case for them
Utalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:43   Link #71
BebopSpike

Send a message via AIM to BebopSpike
I store my anime on my computer, I have a lot and I MEAN A LOT of memory. There all in alphabetical order.
BebopSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:44   Link #72
BebopSpike

Send a message via AIM to BebopSpike
I store my anime on my computer, I have a lot and I MEAN A LOT of memory. There all in alphabetical order. Vaio PC rules
BebopSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 05:51   Link #73
EroKiTsuNe
狐/여우/狐狸

Send a message via AIM to EroKiTsuNe
buddy spike, i got more space then most servers
EroKiTsuNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 12:02   Link #74
maxthelostboy

Im also a back up freak. I store my old anime on cd's and i'm happy to say i finally got a dvd burner! I have hundreds of anime cds i keep in boxes under my bed, but it's almost impossible to find anything without taking them ALL out.
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 20:07   Link #75
DrewGSR

hehe once a series is completed airing/fansubbed or if i download a completed series I back it up right away. I already converted all my animes from regular cdrs into dvd-rs. Anyways I just store mine in binders, i thought was doing it in alphabetical order or by genre then i rethought that idea because that would be the biggest pain in the ass and such a hassle to do.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 07:33   Link #76
Ending

Quote:
Warning, we have a anime-otaku here.

Neat posters though.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 13:31   Link #77
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

What do you keep your anime in?

For those of you who have downloaded anime. (I'm not going to get into a fansubbing discussion/argument) For technical terms lets say they are all unliscended and such. Anyways, where do you keep all that downlaoded anime? Under the assumption you have so much you don't have room on computer, do you burn them onto DVDs? OR keep them on external hard drives? I have a lot of anime and right now I keep them in DVD data disks, I have maybe around 200 dvds, maybe more like 175ish.I'm not saying each dvd is filled to the brim in fact most probably aren't and just have like an 8 episode series, less then half full. I'm thinking of instead ofholding them on dvds to buy external hard drives to keep them there. Since I have so much it might be too expensive so I need opinions.

Should I keep them on DVDs? Just the other day I tried playing a dvd on a friends labtop and having it fail so there is always the chance of dvds getting scratched and not working. But they may be more portable if i want to lend for free a series i can just give them that series.

If I transfer to external hard drives it will be fairly expensive but more convienient. I can add episodes to ongoing series or such. Also less of a chance of it failing on my or friends computer. Convient also that I dont have to keep a huge binder of hundreds of dvds and just in a small box I can access most series withoug searching through, pickign dvd etc....

Anyways, can someone please give me some opinions on this and intellegent reasons? I don't have ALOT of money so if i got with hard drives might take a while till I can transfer what I have and such since most external hard drives are like .50-1.00 dollars a gig.
Xebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 13:51   Link #78
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

hmm i download and delete, if i really liked the anime i will then by R2 dvds, japan is R2 so is uk =D, and most japanese R2 dvds have english subs
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 13:57   Link #79
Sephiroth

My personal opinion is to burnt it onto DVD, but get the best DVD out there to prevent data loss(some DVD brands tends to have read-errors and such after a few months, I burnt my precious animes on Taiyo Yuden DVDs which are perhaps the best). Basically I share some anime series with my friends too so burning anime onto DVD is convenient for me to share the series I like with my friends. Storage on DVD is so large, anime series of 26 episodes can be crammed into one DVD of about 4.5GB. Considering the price of DVD-Rs are so cheap nowadays, this method of storing won't cause a big hole in your pocket.

Well, maybe external hard drives is cheaper in the long run, but what happens if the harddrive fails suddenly or u suddenly drop it on the floor HARD and your harddrive goes berserk? All your data in the hard drive may be gone forever...
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 14:00   Link #80
w00tix

I have 800GB of space so I keep every anime I download
w00tix is offline   Reply With Quote