AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-17, 00:27   Link #101
Lord Nat

The pills (and other power ups mostly) are not cheap.
What they do (from what I can tell) is burn body fat (duh >.>) at a high rate to turn it into power.
Doing so it overloads his heart (and maybe his gates) and that is what gives him so much pain when he used them.

Using the last (red) pill dumped all his body fat (there was not like a ounce of fat on him after he took the pill as you can see) at once to shoot up his power (by 100 times as he said).
But doing that just made his heart pop like a fire creacker.

I mean there is a way he MIGHT have lived if he had trained with it to build up his heart but as you can tell from what he said this is the first time he ever used them.

I cryed when he died but I will be pissed if they bring him back to life.

P.S. Had to sign up just to say this >.>
Lord Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 00:35   Link #102
Squeej23
Anime Nubie/Lover

Send a message via AIM to Squeej23
Unbelievable

I think davidlionheartZ put it best:

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Thats exactly what I screamed when the episode ended. I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!! And like most other people, I was ready for the water works to start flowin (just imagine a 6'6" guy cryin, kinda sad )

I agree that the episode dragged on a bit.... but those flashbacks were priceless. I mean, this episode was absolutely beautiful. The moments with his father, Chouji and Shkimaru's (sp?) first moments, the tree markings, and of course the butterflies... one of (if not) the most emotional episodes yet. I mean the guy backs up, defends, and then willingly gives his life for his friends. Its simply beautiful.

And the fat reduction with the last pill, I feel, is simply brilliant. Most people over eat because of depression either due to lack of friends or confidence, etc. But by taking that last pill, it was as if Chouji was able to wash away all the years the selfdoubt. He was able to shed a lifes worth of sorrow and confusion becuase his friends believed in him.

Is that not beautiful????
Squeej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 00:47   Link #103
MooMooFarm

The reality of powerups is eclipsed by their overusage.

Powerups are used because their own body cannot exceed it's state alone normally. In Narutos case, it would be chakra.

Just like in Dragon Ball Z, most of the time, a Super Saiyan 1 cannot defeat a Super Saiyan 2/3/4 because the body has already reached it's limit, thus requiring a transformation and in turn, a changed body which allows such power.

Just like in real life, no matter how dense you can make your muscles, it can only become so dense. At that point, if you were like 10 inches of denseness 100%, you wouldn't be able to beat 30 inches of denseness even at 70% or so.

While the mass does not always mean power, as we all know due to some guys being smaller yet stronger, the bigger do in fact have more potential. The more muscle you have, the more you can condense it therefore unleashing more potential.

With chakra it's the same thing, you can't release more then your body can handle. Normal state would be like a foundation, but it is very hard to get higher and it isn't exactly time efficient. While foundation strength is obviously the best, as it gives you power without consequence, it's not exactly easy to train up, nor is the power band high.

If you want a "real life analogy that is readily available" compare it with cars. Natural Aspiration is better then Turbo technically on the circuit when they are of the same stats like horsepower and displacement (turbo is mostly based on rpm, when you let go of accel, your screwed, thus NA turns better...initial D fans rejoice?). But the key thing is, NA which is the analogical state of foundation, takes alot more effort to tune up, and it's power isn't exactly high compared to the turbo limit. Turbo also has much higher torque when in use because it uses more then it originally is provided with, whereas NA uses purely the engine itself and it's ingredients.

So in a sense, power ups are "overused" just like turbos in real life. But remember, Chouji's strength was never within his chakra or body, but his heart. He would give up his life to prove his worth, and to prove himself to his comrades and Shikamaru, not letting them down for the sake of their mission. This makes him living up to the profession of Ninja.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 01:13   Link #104
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

hmm those pills are abit cheap if you ask me esp. the first 2 since there are no major side effects( i mean yeah you hurt after the battle.. so what? no permanent dmg or soemthign)

but on the bright side the red pill is like a super slimming pill now all the fat guys and gals out there can rejoice!! (yeah i know, lame) but just wondering if chouji had enuff adipose tissue to provide for the energy boost could he survive?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 01:29   Link #105
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

I loved how a fatass called another fatass a fatass
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 01:32   Link #106
clvl
eh?

Send a message via AIM to clvl Send a message via MSN to clvl
I think it's interesting how Chouji's heart (kindness) was (please let it be "is") his strength, yet it was his physical heart that couldn't take the power ups.
clvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 03:31   Link #107
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

114 brought back dbz nightmares

the upcoming fights are better
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 04:07   Link #108
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx

The last fight in this arc is the lamest of all
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 05:18   Link #109
drunkenlotus
huhhh

I must say...one of the best episodes thus far. The storyline is becoming more and more developed, while at the same time creating suspense. After this, Chouji's been added to my "cool Naruto characters" list.
drunkenlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 06:03   Link #110
Cotaa

This episode is great. Just wanna say "thank you" to the creator of the show and the animation team... and last but not least.. the fan-subbers.
Cotaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 06:30   Link #111
Robocop
Cepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana
You guys dont seem to understand.. When Chouji took that last pill he was kind of like Hokage level
Yeah right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Unless I have missed something, I thought the 4-bad-sound-nin went CSL2. We saw them transforming into CSL1 and then were talking about that they have to go all out because they will be fighting two jounins. I thought that was the reason the fight was skipped because the animators (rather, Kishimoto) just didn't want to show CSL2 transformation in that point of the anime.

Then again, I could be wrong.
That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
BTW, I don't think Choji is dead, infact I think he is alive
Well if he's not dead what else can he be?
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 08:28   Link #112
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
The last fight in this arc is the lamest of all
I don't agree, true there are alot, ALOT of power ups. but the quality of the power ups are great and makes the animation worth it. I also read the manga and it was corny then b/c I was just flippin pages. Seeing it animated its going to be the best eps in the Naruto Anime. Thats why, I stopped reading the manga.

Let's stop talking about this before we spoil something really good for the non manga readers
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 08:29   Link #113
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

Yeah, I can speculate.

I think 'something' no idea what/who it is will save him somehow.possibly Shizune ? Because she was pretty close by, and may have went after them after hearing all the noise or something?!?!
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 09:38   Link #114
the-1

nice ep, dragged in the middle a bit, but choji is in my cool book now

edit: CS lvl2 seems weak now

Last edited by the-1; 2004-12-17 at 11:18.
the-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 10:35   Link #115
PretOne
Gamer

Send a message via AIM to PretOne Send a message via MSN to PretOne Send a message via Yahoo to PretOne
i had to sign up to post this aswell. lol, but ne way i almost cryed to. this ep was one of the better ones. chouji kicked arse. i didnt think those pills where cheap, i mean in the chunnin exams they could use then and it was legal so i actually favor them more. also i like the cursed seal lvl 2, its almost like going super sayian. gosh i cant wait till eveybody else shows there new jutsu, plus cant wait till everybody c's resengen. they'll shit
PretOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 10:54   Link #116
dew

The point of this episode was to make Chouji look cool, and it did a decent job of that at the end, but that doesn't make up for the other 90% of the episode that just bored me to hell.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 11:49   Link #117
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx

yeah reminds me abit of dragonball especially the partial baka no jutsu looks like the green alien's skill in dbz
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 12:49   Link #118
Q B
Nine Tails Fox

Talking

when chogi swallowed the red pill he looked like teen gohan super sayan 2 when he was VS cell
Q B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 13:09   Link #119
Nemokrad

Just by being fat doesn't mean he's automaticly powerful. His body could also be crushed by the weight of himself :P The pills just burn the fat and convert them to chakra, BUT the body needs to be able to sustain that quick transformation, otherwise you would just die, so I do believe you need an enormous amount of training before you can handle the pills.

Like the uberbaika no jutsu. He doesn't seem to be able to use it normally (as I could figure he would be much more useful using that technique instead of rolling like a fatass), but with the 2nd pill eaten he can do it. Now watch in one of his flashbacks where he does the jutsu, if he really needs the pill to do it then he must have eaten the pill while training, so maybe he also trained the usage of the first two, which is also why he said that he didn't expect the side effects to be that badly this time. If he had never taken them they would probably be regarded as the "most penaltied boost in the world" so that the penalty wouldn't be any less than expected, as the warnings were severe too.

Oh well, at least the 10x/100x as strong thing was cheap, I'll give ya that :P
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 13:10   Link #120
Fronzel
Schmuck

><
--

I declare Naruto has gone bad again.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote